Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody transcribe for those of us who can't listen?

Preliminary results indicate it is Hania. She was in the water.
Stop spreading rumors on social media. Imagine what her mother is going through.
Scene processed last night, additional evidence collected at first light today. Appreciate neighbors' calls and videos. Still want calls and videos. Pray for Hania and her family.

Summary from police chief's remarks - found in body of water. will use dental records to identify. Public asked to continue to pray, not spread rumors via social media, not make things up on social media and continue to reports tips.

FBI summary - No POI. Where she was found was not visible from road. body of water - not use word "pond"

Last edited:
I have to hand it to the Lumberton police and FBI in this case - they kept the public informed without oversharing, they gave matter of fact but detailed PC's and they seemed to be on top of everything. At this point, not much more they could have done. Really hope they are close to a perp.

The area she was found is not visible from the road
There is no POI at this time
They have not determined how long she had been there at this time
Reminding public to remain vigilant
Still asking for help from the public-- you can remain anonymous, but please do not post on social media-- contact tipline

WWAY TV

I still wonder why it took hours to recover her body.

LE doesn’t just go in and get the body, the whole area is a crime scene and has to be processed which can take hours. The order in which is done is as follows

1. Establish the scene dimensions and identify potential safety and health hazards -
2. Establish security
3. Plan, communicate and coordinate.
4. Conduct a primary survey/walkthrough. Evidence markers may be placed at that time. (These flags are of great aid to the scene team when human bones or remains need to be documented and recovered in a rural setting with tall grass or uneven terrain). Crime scene flags provide the visual information in the overall and mid-range crime scene photographs that document the evidence’s relationship to the crime scene.
5. Document and process the scene – This is the part of the process that takes a great deal of time. With a plan in place, the crime scene team conducts a detailed, coordinated investigation of the scene, collecting ALL probative evidence, not just the remains. This entails detailed documentation with digital and video cameras (or if available, a 3-D scanner). Often sketches and diagrams are also created. During the evidence-collection process, it is crucial that the crime scene investigator follow proper procedures for collecting, packaging and preserving the evidence, especially if it is of a biological nature. Biological evidence can be destroyed or damaged by weather conditions, individuals can inadvertently contaminate it, or it can be overlooked entirely if alternate light sources are not used to inspect the scene. (actually, this process includes a number of other items depending on the condition of the remains but I don't want to put you all to sleep)
Then it’s time for step #6. Conduct a secondary survey/review - A second survey of the area is conducted as a quality control step to ensure that the whole scene has been thoroughly searched. And finally -
7. Record and preserve evidence - To make certain that all evidence is accounted for, an inventory log is created. The descriptions recorded into the log must match the photo of the evidence taken at the scene and the description included in the crime scene report.

Prayers for this young ladies family. I do hope they have both closure and justice soon.

Additional info just shared:

- Where Hania was found not visible from road
- It was "not obvious" that there was a body in the body of water she was found
- Wouldn't call it a pond, just a "body of water"; don't know if it's just a pool of collected rainwater or not

Body found is kidnapped NC 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, FBI says

The body that the FBI and Lumberton police found in Robeson County was positively identified Wednesday as kidnapped 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

The FBI said its agents and local law enforcement “have followed close to 800 leads” and had completed at least 400 interviews in the search for Hania.

The FBI guy said they are working with the Prosecutors office. Can someone tell me why they would be working with them if they don't have a suspect? The only thing I can think of are warrants which means they may/could have someone in mind. AT NO TIME DID HE SAID THAT THOUGH (TO BE CLEAR). IMO

Any guess as to what they will say?

I think they are going to say that , sadly, this is Hania's remains.

But I don't think they will announce any arrests and they may just ask for any possible leads, etc, and say they are still investigating. I wish they would say they had it solved...

No person of interest....*sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member