NC NC - Ian Davis, 18, Durham, 1 October 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in Horry County about 45 mins. to an hour from Murrell's Inlet. I have a court house in my town. I will see what records I can find online and then take it from there, if you want me to.

OK, so we have the following "facts"

1. a cinder block thrown through the back window. Unless the prep was wearing gloves there would be prints on it
2. No one on this planet unless drugged could sleep through a shotgun blast. If you doubt me, go to the local gun range and asked them to test fire a shotgun for you. IF this is a true fact, this whole story becomes suspect.
3. Shotgun blasts leave shotgun shells behind. Unless the perps picked them up, they should have prints also.
4. Have all of the "victims" taken a polygraph?
5. Were the men masked? If not, where are the suspect sketches? Or even a general description?

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it.

Do cinder blocks hold fingerprints?

I was wondering the same thing.

I was going to work on it last night, but everything on here was running so slow because of poor Caylee, I just stayed away from crime fighting.

I've had Ian on my mind lately, so I'm going to bump this for some of you newer people. I've also had his Dad on my mind.

Ian's Father was also named Ian M. Davis.

Although he was divorced from Ian's mother, Ian loved going to South Carolina to visit him. He owned a custom bike shop in the area. There were rumors that younger Ian was a hit due to big Ian.

Here is what I know about him, and I can't find much more, but I haven't asked-
-He lived in Murrells Inlet, SC
-He owned a custom bike shop, be it in MI or in another town around there
-He was found dead October 24,2006 in the Bahamas. They claimed suicide, which was possible, but there was foul play suspected

I want to look more in to this, and I figure I'll keep it here in little Ian's thread. It could be all linked.

Also, HUGE thanks to those of you who posted the thread and have replied to it.

Any other word as to the "possible foul play" ?

Debbie,

The info you sent me, probably is Sr. Which makes it more interesting.

Do you mind if I post it here?

Thank you so much.

ZJ

Seven years ago today we lost our Ian.

Bumping this for him.

RIP.

I was thinking about Ian and realized I have never mentioned this-

His friend Nino Luther was murdered in the mountains of NC in 2007.

Vincenzo S. N. Luther

Well loved and cherished, Vincenzo Salnino Noah "Nino" Luther (23) has passed this world to a better place. Growing up in Black Mountain and Durham NC, he made abundant friendships and touched the lives of so many. His love of the Lord, dedication and endearment to family and friends, generous nature, passion for music, and love of dogs , exemplifies our Nino. Joined by his father Isaac Luther, maternal grandmother Mabel Lytle, paternal grandfather Isaac "Chef Eddie Luther", and beloved friend Ian Davis, Nino now watches over his two beautiful sons, Nino and Niko (Jaquana Kilgo), doting mother Mary "Tinka" Lytle, the love of his life Samantha Watkins, and brother Angelo Luther (Sharia, Angelo Jr., Sivon, and Ameenah).

Nino is survived by his maternal grandfather Edward Lytle of Black Mountain, paternal grandmother Betty Luther of Greensboro, Aunt - Godmother Arlesia Lytle Bryson, Godparents, Michael Bryson, Barbara Smith , Henry Smith , Uncles, Eddie Lytle (Chinita) William Luther (Gloria), Anthony Luther , Buck Bryson; Aunts, Natashia Luther; a host of great uncles and aunts. He is also survived by God sisters Akela and Kaaleem Bryson , life-long friends David Young and Tracey "Tray" Allen , Clinton Lytle, Ernest Sr. and "PeeWee" Robbs, M-Zone; second moms, Betty Davis, Margaret Allen and Janna Scott.

Service will be held Tuesday at 11 am in the Chapel of Hart Funeral Service. Rev. James Oneal will officiate, burial will be at 3pm in Mount Calvary Cemetery, Old Cedar Falls Rd Asheboro. The family will receive friends 30 minutes prior to services and other times at 148 Carver Ave.

In lieu of flowers, please contribute to the Nino and Niko Luther Scholarship Trust Fund at The Bank of Asheville 79 Woodfin Place Asheville 28801 or any other branch locations.
An online memorial register is available at www.hartfuneralservice.com

Ian is even mentioned in the obituary. Nino's murder was solved and unrelated.

Ian's murder has yet to be solved.

What hurts the most is- I know someone knows. If not more than one person. I hope guilt eats them alive.

What a sad case, and what a nightmarish way to die. My heart goes out to Ian's family.

Ian would have been 27 today. His case remains unsolved.

Happy birthday Ian. We miss you.

Still unsolved. He has a group page on Facebook. It's title is simply "Ian Davis"

Bumping for Ian. I saw a photo on FB the other day. His nephew looks just like him. I think of his family often. I hope and pray someone will come forward one of these days.

I saw Ian's case recently on WRAL. I know someone who was there that night. It prompted me to Google more about it and I found this forum. No one's posted in a while I would like to know who the persons of interest are.

I saw Ian's case recently on WRAL. I know someone who was there that night. It prompted me to Google more about it and I found this forum. No one's posted in a while I would like to know who the persons of interest are.

I don't think any have ever been released.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porshasmom22
Back