GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Same here -- maybe he's just trying to stir up confusion which might lead to doubt. I certainly have no idea what's on Arbour's mind (thank heaven). Maybe his closing argument or one of his witnesses could shed some light. <chuckle>

Perhaps it's part of his master plan for JB to get a new trial based on incompetent representation?

Hi, my WS friends -- Just an in-progress update:

Here's JB's mugshot -- right now, he is housed at Central Prison in Raleigh:

viewpicture.do

His full info as a prisoner within the NC Dept. of Public Safety is still incomplete. He will have to undergo medical testing and psychological testing to see where he should be housed. Will they send him back to Craven Correctional, where he was last as a guest of the State, will they keep him at Central? We don't care really, but I would rather him not be in the same city as Nation Hahn, just on general principles. That's just me... Below are his particulars so far. It usually takes about 3 weeks for the blanks to be filled. He's on Administrative Segregation for, I'm thinking, several reasons -- he's a new prisoner (sort of, he's been there before), and he may be on suicide watch -- who knoze? But his lying, selfish and evil persona is locked-up for life. JMHO.

:justice:

I am going to miss you folks who were on this roller-coaster ride -- a lot. We were few, but we were a good, good bunch!
:websleuther: . :findinglink: . :judge: . :grouphug:

All this from:
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Thanks for staying on top of everything relating to this case, borndem. Your updates are the best!

So glad things turned out the way they did in this trial. I know nothing will bring Jamie back, but it's comforting to know that justice has been served. I really don't see an appeal working in JB's favor either given how quickly the jury arrived at their decision this time.

Thanks for staying on top of everything relating to this case, borndem. Your updates are the best!

So glad things turned out the way they did in this trial. I know nothing will bring Jamie back, but it's comforting to know that justice has been served. I really don't see an appeal working in JB's favor either given how quickly the jury arrived at their decision this time.

It's really tuff to defend someone when there is a credible eyewitness to a murder -- obviously the time it took him to walk to the dining room (was it?), to go into his backpack to get the big chef's knife, to walk back into the kitchen and make the first stab -- into her back, the so-and-so -- certainly took away all possibilities of anything less than 1st Degree. He was in cold, not hot, blood; he obviously thought about and planned it, at least as far as bringing his own chosen and bought-for-one-purpose weapon to a known upcoming meeting; and, poor slob, he had an eyewitness. (Dayam.) Textbook 1st Degree Murder. Arbour and Elliot didn't have squat, and neither would anyone else have had, other than pleading temporary insanity -- really tuff to pull off. But they can appeal all they wish... And yeah, what grounds -- not allowing whatever it was that we didn't get to hear, which the good Judge Ridgeway heard & deemed irrelevant (or whatever his word was...).

Well, didn't I ramble-on?? Let me stop. Anyway, this thread will probably stay open, so if anyone hears anything about an appeal, we can post it here.

You made your own bed, Jonathan Broyhill, snuggle down for a long, long, long nap.

So very glad you joined us, Tedanddix. I enjoyed getting to know you! (((hugs to you)))

There is a relatively new podcast with an episode WITH Nation Hahn. The podcast is Terrible, Thanks for Asking and it’s episode 44. The focus is more on how Nation has dealt with everything that happened.

Well, I did check on Broyhill's appeal attempt -- late news but worth it:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man convicted of killing Democratic strategist Jamie Hahn won’t get new trial

By Anne Blythe
ablythe@newsobserver.com

July 18, 2017 05:09 PM . Updated July 18, 2017 05:50 PM
RALEIGH
Jonathan Broyhill, the man convicted of killing political strategist Jamie Hahn in 2013, failed to persuade a three-judge panel at the state Court of Appeals to grant him a new trial.

In a ruling released Tuesday, Rick Elmore, John Tyson and Phil Berger Jr., the three appellate judges who heard Broyhill’s appeal
, concluded that the murder trial had been “fair” and “free from error.”
------------------------------
Read more here: Man convicted of killing Democratic strategist Jamie Hahn won’t get new trial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back