GUILTY NC - Jameson 'Jamie' Hahn, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 22 April 201

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There doesn't seem to be any evidence that Jamie or NH knew about the missing funds, so, if NH says they weren't aware of it, then I guess we have to believe that. The only one to dispute it would be the defendant. We'll see if that happens. And the documents that were laying on the kitchen table at the time of the attack support what NH is saying, right?

The few things that make me think they did know something was the attack itself -- maybe Jamie was really getting down to the nitty-gritty and JB realized he'd have to kill her right then. And later, when Nation asked Jamie, "Did you confront him?" and "Did he take Brad's money?" when she was lying on the ground at the Harrells, and she did not answer. She only looked more uncomfortable.

Tedanddix's theory is making more & more sense to me -- his plans to murder them that night. Maybe that's why he hurt himself -- to make it look like he was also attacked by an intruder.

We will never really know, IMO. If JB does take the stand, he will lie, but perhaps it could still shed light on this case. But I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I think the "did you confront him?" question was simply referring to Jamie confronting Jon about things not getting done/being messed up. It doesn't seem Nation had ever considered that Jon may have stolen from the campaign. I really think if Jamie had, she would've not only told Nation, but she would've moved much more quickly on figuring things out.

I hope JB does take the stand and decides to tell the truth. It'd be nice for Nation and Jamie's family to have some real answers. I can't imagine that will happen, but I think it's the only way we'll ever know for sure what happened.

The few things that make me think they did know something was the attack itself -- maybe Jamie was really getting down to the nitty-gritty and JB realized he'd have to kill her right then. And later, when Nation asked Jamie, "Did you confront him?" and "Did he take Brad's money?" when she was lying on the ground at the Harrells, and she did not answer. She only looked more uncomfortable.

Tedanddix's theory is making more & more sense to me -- his plans to murder them that night. Maybe that's why he hurt himself -- to make it look like he was also attacked by an intruder.

We will never really know, IMO. If JB does take the stand, he will lie, but perhaps it could still shed light on this case. But I don't see that happening.

The detective read an email that sounded like it was from a friend of JB saying he had just gotten through surgery. Was that a lie? Was that JB sending that and pretending to be a friend? I'm confused.

I haven't been watching but the mentioned a text message from after the gallbladder surgery the other day. It was from JB's dad supposedly, but they said it was sent from Jon's phone. Like his dad just used JB's phone to text NH.

What you're referring to may be something different, but they did mention that the other day IIRC.

Yeah, I think the "did you confront him?" question was simply referring to Jamie confronting Jon about things not getting done/being messed up. It doesn't seem Nation had ever considered that Jon may have stolen from the campaign. I really think if Jamie had, she would've not only told Nation, but she would've moved much more quickly on figuring things out.

I hope JB does take the stand and decides to tell the truth. It'd be nice for Nation and Jamie's family to have some real answers. I can't imagine that will happen, but I think it's the only way we'll ever know for sure what happened.

I totally agree with you. I think it is different for us with facts and not the personal relationship than it was for Jamie and Nation at the time. With the advantage of information and looking back I can clearly see that this guy was nothing more than a criminal IMO. He seemed to use the Hahn's the whole time they were friends masqueraded by friendship and his weaknesses. I think he is despicable. He used them for housing, job, income, contacts, social life and money. He let Jamie's mother sleep on a futon while he took the guest room for heavens sake. His entire life was manipulating people for his own gain. I think Jamie just thought there were misunderstandings at the point she was murdered and could never dream of who he truly was..... Jamie knew about the bounced check but I don't think she could fathom that he would embezzle and lie about medical issues. On the other hand the Hahn's thought they had a loving friend that they were helping and needed them. Sadly, they couldn't even dream of the person he really is.

Right. Was there any gallbladder surgery? I thought all the medical allegations by JB turned out to be a lie.

Right. Was there any gallbladder surgery? I thought all the medical allegations by JB turned out to be a lie.

No. That was a lie. I should've made that more clear. That text came after the fake gallbladder surgery.

Was that the text they were referring to?

Also, did anyone else hear the mention of JB having another email address where he presented himself as a woman to people???

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tedanddix

I totally agree with you. I think it is different for us with facts and not the personal relationship than it was for Jamie and Nation at the time. With the advantage of information and looking back I can clearly see that this guy was nothing more than a criminal IMO. He seemed to use the Hahn's the whole time they were friends masqueraded by friendship and his weaknesses. I think he is despicable. He used them for housing, job, income, contacts, social life and money. He let Jamie's mother sleep on a futon while he took the guest room for heavens sake. His entire life was manipulating people for his own gain. I think Jamie just thought there were misunderstandings at the point she was murdered and could never dream of who he truly was..... Jamie knew about the bounced check but I don't think she could fathom that he would embezzle and lie about medical issues. On the other hand the Hahn's thought they had a loving friend that they were helping and needed them. Sadly, they couldn't even dream of the person he really is.

Very fine posts from both of you. I have been more hard-lined about Jamie & Nation knowing the whole scoop about JB, but I think I just wanted it to be that way. I think there was something cooking in the Hahns' minds, but nothing like what it was. In another week, I think the poo would have hit the fan, however, and JB had to think the same, i.e., "where can you go without a passport," etc., etc. I think we all agree that by now murder and GTH outta Dodge was his plan. I hope Faucette will show this to be the case in closing. The jury has the facts; let Faucette lay it out for them to ponder.

Now, Arbour's cross of Morse. I'll go take a chill-pill... He will.not.shake.Morse. No.way. He's trying. Grrrrrr.

So premeditated. He just meant to kill them sooner and had to change his plan, probably because the friend stayed over on Sunday night. But I think JB may have intended to do it even sooner but didn't find the chance, since he bought the knife a week before the actual murder. He may have intended to kill them in their sleep, but Jamie caught on too soon.

Going through the campaign money wasn't enough for him. He was going to rack up Nation's credit card, too. Although Nation was supposed to be dead.

Omg, here comes the defense with his ridiculous irrelevance. Really, does detective Morse's history or number of arrests make a flippin difference? Unbelievable.

Did you catch that little temper flare from the defense because his question was sustained? Then he said, Okay, let's do it this way, as if he was annoyed. LOL So bizarre.

I hope his explanation of what a patrol officer does is helpful to this detective. lol

:tantrum::tantrum::hills::hills::hills::hills::eek::ohwow::waiting::waiting::sigh::noooo::noooo:

Oh, puh-leeeeze. Beam me up Scotty.

Arbour asked a question, it was objected-to, sustained, Arbour objected for the record, so now he's punishing everybody who is listening, etc. I've never seen anything like it.

So premeditated. He just meant to kill them sooner and had to change his plan, probably because the friend stayed over on Sunday night. But I think JB may have intended to do it even sooner but didn't find the chance, since he bought the knife a week before the actual murder. He may have intended to kill them in their sleep, but Jamie caught on too soon.

Going through the campaign money wasn't enough for him. He was going to rack up Nation's credit card, too. Although Nation was supposed to be dead.

Yep, I agree with all of that -- he had run through Brad's money -- he even overdrew the account balance -- he had to get out of town, so what was left? His best friend and confidant who loved him as a dear friend. JB stomped all over all of it, and tried his best to kill him. This case is ...... I don't even know what to call it.

The defendant's MO reminds me a little bit of the guy who pretended to be Clarke Rockefeller. Remember him? He fooled a lot of people over the years. He eventually was convicted of killing a couple in CA many years ago.

It's like the guy thinks the Detective doesn't understand his function and so HE has to explain it to him. It's like nothing I have ever seen before.

Can someone in the courtroom describe what bystanders are doing? Is everyone awake?

"Mr. and Mrs. Hahn went across the street..."

Dayam.

In addition to having a mental evaluation done on the defendant, they should have also done one on this defense attorney. I had to stop watching/listening. I think the judge should: a) turn off the camera and audio feed; b) clear the courtroom of the entire gallery. Maybe then Arbour would stop with the diarrhea of the mouth since there'd be no audience. He didn't even get it when Nation mocked him before. I think he forgot that his client murdered Nation's wife and tried to kill Nation. Something's wrong with him.

I started having repeated live feed issues, so I finally gave up. He was going on and on about a date on the report or something. Who knows if he was red herring or not. I don't have the strength to continue. I'll just check back tomorrow. You think he can finish by lunch tomorrow?

The feed kicked back in, so I heard them say they would wait to start defense witnesses on Monday.

In addition to having a mental evaluation done on the defendant, they should have also done one on this defense attorney. I had to stop watching/listening. I think the judge should: a) turn off the camera and audio feed; b) clear the courtroom of the entire gallery. Maybe then Arbour would stop with the diarrhea of the mouth since there'd be no audience. He didn't even get it when Nation mocked him before. I think he forgot that his client murdered Nation's wife and tried to kill Nation. Something's wrong with him.

Haha! The part about Arbour needing a mental eval. made me laugh pretty hard. My mom said Arbour needs to be convicted as well. She also said Arbour "is starting to make me believe in the death penalty."

I haven't watched more than 2-3 min of the livefeed today, but I don't know that anything can be more painful then watching poor Nation yesterday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon86
Back