GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ME refers to evidence not presented but is there a reason it was not introduced? Perhaps a procedural or evidenciary issue, maybe the lawyer viewing this thread could give his thoughts on this. .
Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

These are the three pieces of evidence they talk about:
The family said there were three pieces of crucial evidence left out of the trial: Molly Corbett's testimony that the brick paver was in the bedroom because of a craft project, the daughter's testimony of Jason's alleged abuse towards Molly, and Tom and Molly's taped police testimony at the police station after the murder.
http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Son-of-FBI-man-convicted-of-murder--439920883.html

M declined to testify, hence no testimony. SC was a minor living abroad in another jurisdiction and thus could not bear compelled to testify. The defence could have easily brought up anything pertinent from M and T's interviews during their respective testimonies if they wanted to. In my non-expert opinion the only grounds that I can see they really have for appeal is based on the dis-allowance of the children's interviews, but I doubt they'll get far with that?

<modsnip>

IMO the Martens have scuppered themselves once again here, as with the handwriting we now have two pieces of audio to compare. The recording of the voicemail and the recording of the interview in Dragonfly house. There is a reason none of this 'evidence' was presented at trial. It is not credible.

I'd like to put something out there for other posters to look at please. It's a follow-up to a post by BeTrue on the previous thread (sorry, I'm not sure how to link it so I'm putting it here in its entirety in quotes):
"By BeTrue
Looking at the video of the scene, I ask the question, was this heinous attack over very quickly? With all we have now seen, blood spatter seems to stay predominately to one side of the room so
We assume Jason's side of bed, then on down hallway, into bathroom then back up hallway and an obvious attempt to make it out throughout the door which sadly failed.

Small area - Jason hit in bed gets up disorientated heads towards bathroom as I imagine you would in shock to see your head or wash (head injuries can cause people to become extremely un coordinated)
Hit in bathroom, heads back up hallway, trying to get out, heaviest and deadliest blows reigned around doorway causing death.

If I think of it this way it makes sense, but what doesn't make sense to me now is how TM had time to get up there if it played out as blood spatter looks. He would have to be in the room when it started or come to clean up.

And YES I now believe the attack was silent not because of tm lies/ explanation, because the first blow depending on where to the head could have easily left jason completely in shock and dazed, he could have been internally bleeding affecting, speech, movement coordination and it explains to me why he may have had no idea he was walking towards the bathroom and not to the door to freedom or help.

For the first time I feel this sits right with me. SM didn't go up the stairs because tm told her not to she would trample in blood ruin their scene, the clean up he has experience with crime scenes. It also fits better the timeline, if 911 called at three, presuming clean up was hour or more this brings us up to 1.30. JC junior home at 11.30, very plausible after snack, tv jason may not have got to bed be For 1, 1.30

Jmo"
Most of this makes sense to me, but IMO there's a twist. TM states in the trial and in the 20/20 interview that he awoke to 'thumping and noises upstairs' as per the following tweet:
[video=twitter;893597171890737152]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/893597171890737152[/video]
Why would there be thumping noises from a choking episode? I believe that what he heard was MMs attack on JC. He wouldn't have known where the mystery bat was, so I'm assuming that MM took that in a (possibly drunken) rage, and started with the bat or the paver. IMO, these were the 'thumps' he heard. He didn't get there 'til the very end. Maybe he transfered MMs words into JCs mouth "I'm going to kill HIM" "I know I shouldn't be doing this".
He's shocked, tries to stop what's happening (so gets spatter on himself), realises that JC is too far gone and she's in deep do-do. She's still raging, saying that he's mistreating her, abusing her (meaning that he's leaving her and taking the kids), and so the story of DV is concocted, staged and he's thinking that his credentials will blind local yokels into accepting the story - mistakenly.

This is the one that sits right with me...

I'd like to put something out there for other posters to look at please. It's a follow-up to a post by BeTrue on the previous thread (sorry, I'm not sure how to link it so I'm putting it here in its entirety in quotes):
"By BeTrue
Looking at the video of the scene, I ask the question, was this heinous attack over very quickly? With all we have now seen, blood spatter seems to stay predominately to one side of the room so
We assume Jason's side of bed, then on down hallway, into bathroom then back up hallway and an obvious attempt to make it out throughout the door which sadly failed.

Small area - Jason hit in bed gets up disorientated heads towards bathroom as I imagine you would in shock to see your head or wash (head injuries can cause people to become extremely un coordinated)
Hit in bathroom, heads back up hallway, trying to get out, heaviest and deadliest blows reigned around doorway causing death.

If I think of it this way it makes sense, but what doesn't make sense to me now is how TM had time to get up there if it played out as blood spatter looks. He would have to be in the room when it started or come to clean up.

And YES I now believe the attack was silent not because of tm lies/ explanation, because the first blow depending on where to the head could have easily left jason completely in shock and dazed, he could have been internally bleeding affecting, speech, movement coordination and it explains to me why he may have had no idea he was walking towards the bathroom and not to the door to freedom or help.

For the first time I feel this sits right with me. SM didn't go up the stairs because tm told her not to she would trample in blood ruin their scene, the clean up he has experience with crime scenes. It also fits better the timeline, if 911 called at three, presuming clean up was hour or more this brings us up to 1.30. JC junior home at 11.30, very plausible after snack, tv jason may not have got to bed be For 1, 1.30

Jmo"
Most of this makes sense to me, but IMO there's a twist. TM states in the trial and in the 20/20 interview that he awoke to 'thumping and noises upstairs' as per the following tweet:
[video=twitter;893597171890737152]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/893597171890737152[/video]
Why would there be thumping noises from a choking episode? I believe that what he heard was MMs attack on JC. He wouldn't have known where the mystery bat was, so I'm assuming that MM took that in a (possibly drunken) rage, and started with the bat or the paver. IMO, these were the 'thumps' he heard. He didn't get there 'til the very end. Maybe he transfered MMs words into JCs mouth "I'm going to kill HIM" "I know I shouldn't be doing this".
He's shocked, tries to stop what's happening (so gets spatter on himself), realises that JC is too far gone and she's in deep do-do. She's still raging, saying that he's mistreating her, abusing her (meaning that he's leaving her and taking the kids), and so the story of DV is concocted, staged and he's thinking that his credentials will blind local yokels into accepting the story - mistakenly.

This is the one that sits right with me...

Excellent theory. Very possible.

I agree. TM has shown a propensity for both violence and dishonesty, even under oath. What someone like that could get up to with the power of the state behind them is frightening to contemplate.

I think its grounds for investigation!

We had discussed this quite a bit when the tape was first released to the media by MM. I completely agree, the voice on the phone has a Dublin accent. Not Limerick or even Limerick / North Carolina. But a quite clear Dublin twang. In fact, IMO, you can hear the difference in the 20/20 interview between the recordings of him speaking to the therapist / social worker and the voice mail. It does not appear to be the same person.

I was also slightly dubious of any child that would leave a voice mail which begins 'hi mom, it's XYZ'. Why would her own child think to announce his name. Would she not know his voice?

All IMO

Fwiw my grand daughter who I helped raise announces it her when she calls me ..."hey Grammy it's Renee" even though she knows our phones show it's her...dunno children do that though.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

ME's quote of "The extended family have not broken the law, we are only trying to support our loved ones," keeps doing the rounds in a number of articles now.

ME and his wife may or may not have broken any laws, but they are certainly doing their best to skirt round any.

Such as the wife's facebook page which still insists JC's children are their great niece and nephew. Leaving a picture of them together there to provoke and incite. If they don't want the vitriol, why leave that up?

Or the fundraiser, which initially falsely accused JC of beating and sexually assaulting MM several times. Also there's no way it costs $300,000 to appeal a verdict, this is just a blatant cash-grab, get other people to pay for all their lawyer fees since they no longer have access to JC's money and don't want to use their own.

Then the incident where ME tried to use his credentials to raid JC's workplace, there are witnesses to that but he brushes it away by arrogantly claiming they're lying and how dare they accuse him of it since he's FBI. MM had the next of kin right to access JC's workplace and pick up his stuff anyway and they both went back the next day to do that, but he does come across as an impatient bully who throws a temper tantrum when things don't go their way - learned behavior? Are they all like this because they've picked it up from him?

"People have even criticised our professional lives and the renowned work the FBI do. How can people be like that towards a law enforcement agency? We are all just decimated."

He doesn't seem to get that people are not criticising the FBI, they're criticising a convicted murderer and that murderer's brother in law, who both happen to be employed or formally employed by the FBI. ME is obviously a conceited man, perhaps even more so than TM, who at least admitted not liking JC or JC's family and friends.
I got the impression that TM, despite his arrogance, probably was a honest man during his career, if only because he likely had no reason to lie back then. But covering for his daughter and telling the truth came into conflict, due to the incompatability. He's tripped himself up several times already. Especially with the lie about JC's first wife's father being at the wedding and claiming JC killed her.

They didn't have enough time to stage the scene the way they wanted and he had the experience to know that if there was too much tampering, it would be obvious and seen through. So claim self-defense, despite the lack of evidence to support it because they're both white Americans, MM is blonde, TM is ex-FBI, while JC was white but not American. That was their defense. All that evidence they claim would've proved they weren't guilty, they now cry that it should've been used and ME especially lies about not being able to use it - no. The defense didn't use it, they could've but they didn't. Because it would've been rightfully torn apart, as it is being done here.

The ugly lump of paving brick for a school craft project kept in the most unlikely room of the house at a time when the kids are off school. (I painted stones when I was a kid too, large smooth stones from the river, not misshapen lumps of broken paving.)
The coerced interview with JCjr where they conveniently overlook the part where he says 'Mom told me' and uses language a child of that age wouldn't use unless coached.
The recorded conversation where JC is supposedly abusive but instead we hear a tired and exasperated man who just wanted to have a meal with his family but he's made to look like a bad guy because oh no, now MM talking over him, telling the kids they gotta make pancakes for him when they've already eaten.
The single strand of hair placed over JC's hand, not at all like the widely reported clump of hair grasped in his fist.

As for that obviously one-sided interview, MM had the opportunity to have her say in the trial but didn't, likely because her lawyers and probably even herself knew she would incriminate herself. Instead it's a carefully polished interview where she couldn't even look the interviewer in the eye, an interview which expected a not-guilty verdict so she could start her new career as a social media star seperated from 'her' children, making big bucks as a figure of sympathy. The other bits such as the jury's reasoning was so obviously a last minute inclusion to acknowledge the guilty verdict.

All part of the effort to build up a case of self-defense, to fabricate it enough to place doubt.

Hopefully none of the appeal judges will fall for these manipulations. I hope the appeal fails and they're left having to support their convicted family members through arranging visitation and care packages instead. Now that's a more lawful and honest means of supporting their loved ones than this.

attachment.php
Sorry, it wasn't very clear. The defense in their opening arguments stated that 'even in death Jason was grasping Molly', we discussed how many strands of hair were clutched in his grip, how it could have gotten there etc. The 20/20 show had a picture of the hair, the single, solitary hair resting gently upon Jason's crushed and broken nail that was to exonerate MM for the overkill.

If you go back to the previous thread, someone has managed to post a freeze frame of it if you're interested.

Here is the freeze frame of the "mystery hair" I just brought it forward for convenience. The prosecution should counter the defense on this by referring to it as JS's attempt to identify his attacker. IMO

Attachments

• IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 282
I don't know if this link is up already, but here's a piece by Ralph Riegel in the Independent:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ic-and-heinous-killing-of-jason-36026672.html
Here's one line I find intriguing - anyone else heard of this before?
"A single clue emerged when, in examining her medical records from a Kernersville clinic, there was a reference to a check for fertility issues."

Also, re. the supposed 'school art project' - was any attempt made to contact the school to check?
Though probably not, since they'd have been on holidays for at least a month...

I don't know if this link is up already, but here's a piece by Ralph Riegel in the Independent:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ic-and-heinous-killing-of-jason-36026672.html
Here's one line I find intriguing - anyone else heard of this before?
"A single clue emerged when, in examining her medical records from a Kernersville clinic, there was a reference to a check for fertility issues."

Also, re. the supposed 'school art project' - was any attempt made to contact the school to check?
Though probably not, since they'd have been on holidays for at least a month...

Also noticed it says the relationship started 7-8 months after she arrived in Ireland. In the 20/20 interview it was stated the sexual relationship started very early; the Corbett said the first night (???) and she said not the first night but very early. Was one of the moments in the show that really stunned me. 7-8 months is much more logical.

All IMO

attachment.php

Here is the freeze frame of the "mystery hair" I just brought it forward for convenience. The prosecution should counter the defense on this by referring to it as JS's attempt to identify his attacker. IMO

The hair they stated showed he was grasping onto her, even after death... Yet the hair was on the outside of his hand, not on the inside.

All IMO

Fwiw my grand daughter who I helped raise announces it her when she calls me ..."hey Grammy it's Renee" even though she knows our phones show it's her...dunno children do that though.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

You could be right, I think between the letters and the odd accent for a Limerick / NC resident I am picking up every little thing that - IMO - seems off! For what its worth my son leaves me messages that go 'hey mum, can you get me (insert any manner of collection card sets he has on the go).'. I only have one son so he assumes I will know who he is. I guess, I am looking at it in the same vein that she had one 'son' so there would only be one boy calling her mom.

All IMO

As MM and TM are forced to go quiet due to their incarceration, apparently ME and MikeE are the new public Faces of the Case. They appear to be giving many interviews and conducting the FB campaign. One of the brothers is now involved as social media chair of the fundraising campaign.

I apologize if I inadvertently broke a rule. The principle players in the civil case would seem to include these two who have chosen high public profiles. Are they still off bounds?

Sorry. I think I messed up, and I think I know how I messed up. It wasn't deliberate
Apologies...

Having seen the photos of MM and TM in the police station and outside the house that night, if they cleaned themselves up so that the emergency services that night could clearly see that neither of them needed medical treatment. If that was not clear could emergency services have insisted on them having medical treatment which could have involved getting a blood sample from them, this could have shown what medications if any MM was on. Her mental issues were only made available to the Judge at sentancing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back