GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another example of the kids being used for the propaganda machine with no actual thought or care for their welfare. One of the reasons that acquaintances of the defendants have consistently used as reason for JC wanting to remain in the US was because of the elevated education the children would receive there. One would imagine if any of these campaigns had the children at heart, they would be throwing money at the guardians to ensure they had access to a compatible education once in Ireland.

Is a US education superior to an Irish education though?

The C family have said in the past JC was going to move back over so JCjr could start high school in Ireland, so perhaps in 2015, JC started to make plans to move over by Sept 2016 for JCjr's first year in high school, plans that obviously never materialised. (High school starts at age 11/12 over there) Tbh, if I had a child and it had the opportunity to be educated in a bible belt southern state in the US or an Irish school, I'd chose the Irish school. Both choices have a bit too much religious rhetoric for my tastes but the political atmosphere is a lot less volatile (unless you go to Northern Ireland). Govt spends a lot more on education these days too.

I remember that particular fundraiser. I assumed at the time it was some exploitive tug at the heartstrings cash-grab. Never did think the children would ever see that money, even if MM had guardianship. Probably went towards lawyer fees long ago.

The C family have said in the past JC was going to move back over so JCjr could start high school in Ireland, so perhaps in 2015, JC started to make plans to move over by Sept 2016 for JCjr's first year in high school, plans that obviously never materialised. (High school starts at age 11/12 over there) Tbh, if I had a child and it had the opportunity to be educated in a bible belt southern state in the US or an Irish school, I'd chose the Irish school. Both choices have a bit too much religious rhetoric for my tastes but the political atmosphere is a lot less volatile (unless you go to Northern Ireland). Govt spends a lot more on education these days too.

I remember that particular fundraiser. I assumed at the time it was some exploitive tug at the heartstrings cash-grab. Never did think the children would ever see that money, even if MM had guardianship. Probably went towards lawyer fees long ago.

No it isn't. That's just more of the Martens family snobbery and bigotry. Elevated education indeed, the cheek of them.

(I'm not saying there's anything wrong with education in America either, just that the Martens assumption of superiority is yet another example of their misplaced arrogance).

Just one correction. There is no "religious rhetoric" in Carolina public schools.

Even saying the Lords Prayer at a public graduation caused such an uproar that it made the national news. Many schools are even careful about having only "secular" holiday concerts...no "Christmas" music or saying "Merry Christmas."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/5/crowd-stunned-after-valedictorian-rips-speech-reci/

Please don't let Hollywood impose a false picture of a whole area of the US. The South is not bible thumping racist hillbillies...any more than Ireland is comparable stereotypes.

Carolinians sure have done well by the Corbett Lynch family, haven't they?

Just one correction. There is no "religious rhetoric" in Carolina public schools.

Even saying the Lords Prayer at a public graduation caused such an uproar that it made the national news. Many schools are even careful about having only "secular" holiday concerts...no "Christmas" music or saying "Merry Christmas."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/5/crowd-stunned-after-valedictorian-rips-speech-reci/

Please don't let Hollywood impose a false picture of a whole area of the US. The South is not bible thumping racist hillbillies...any more than Ireland is comparable stereotypes.

Absolutely. If I want to see products of the Carolina education system, I'll look at the jury of 12 who assessed the evidence and convicted MM and TM.

This is the trouble with giving any reaction to the kind of snobbery sported by the Martens, it can lead to an indignant response from the Irish that makes it sound like we're insulting the whole of America. Actually we're just trying to insult them. Horrible people.

The latest ranking of top countries in maths, reading, and science is out -- and the US didn't crack the top 10 in reading, maths or science.
DEC 7, 2016, 6:35 AM

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) released the results of its 2015 global rankings on student performance in mathematics, reading, and science, on the Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA.

The PISA is a worldwide exam administered every three years that measures 15-year-olds in 72 countries. About 540,000 students took the exam in 2015.

The US saw an 11-point drop in average score for maths, while remaining relatively flat in reading and science.

Ireland beat the USA in every category. USA was only average in reading and science and below average in maths!

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...math-science-reading-skills-2016-12?r=US&IR=T

Besides, this case, I am also interested in this as I have four grandchildren living in New York and Dublin.

Speaking as one Irish person with no personal knowledge of NC (one trip to New England/NY only) I can say that I've been more than impressed by the way this case was treated. As someone outlined earlier in another thread, everything weighed against the Corbett/Lynch side - Law enforcement background of the co-defendant, blond blue-eyed all-American girl co-defendant, JC from another continent, DV accusations - the kitchen sink!

But the Carolinian Justice system saw the truth through all of that. If I was in trouble, I'd sure as heck want Sherriff Grice and that prosecution team on my side! I'll never forget the tears of Greg Martin and those of the jurors. They all REALLY did the state some service

Honest to God, it's beyond impressive. It's inspiring!

No it isn't. That's just more of the Martens family snobbery and bigotry. Elevated education indeed, the cheek of them.

(I'm not saying there's anything wrong with education in America either, just that the Martens assumption of superiority is yet another example of their misplaced arrogance).

Cappucino hit the nail on the head, I wasn't comparing education systems, I was pointing out the flagrant disregard for the children by people who purport to have their best interests at heart. IMO JC saw many positive opportunities for his kids by moving to NC, both he and the children embraced the life that they built there. Just because it wasn't working out doesn't make that any less true.

MM and her supporters have consistently at every opportunity abused children in order to prove a point with other adults with whom they had a grievance. They didn't want the Corbett's to have the money so it doesn't matter if the kids go without, it is despicable.

The latest ranking of top countries in maths, reading, and science is out -- and the US didn't crack the top 10 in reading, maths or science.
DEC 7, 2016, 6:35 AM

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) released the results of its 2015 global rankings on student performance in mathematics, reading, and science, on the Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA.

The PISA is a worldwide exam administered every three years that measures 15-year-olds in 72 countries. About 540,000 students took the exam in 2015.

The US saw an 11-point drop in average score for maths, while remaining relatively flat in reading and science.

Ireland beat the USA in every category. USA was only average in reading and science and below average in maths!

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...math-science-reading-skills-2016-12?r=US&IR=T

Besides, this case, I am also interested in this as I have four grandchildren living in New York and Dublin.

Yes, we are all inferior over here. But we sure have been fighting at your side for the past two years.

Yes, we are all inferior over here. But we sure have been fighting at your side for the past two years.

Nobody thinks you're inferior. The rankings in those international tables reflect the results of government education policies and other social policies which impact on children's ability to learn. They don't reflect inferiority or superiority of the populations - if they did Singapore would rule the world. We'd all be speaking Singaporese.

Speaking as one Irish person with no personal knowledge of NC (one trip to New England/NY only) I can say that I've been more than impressed by the way this case was treated. As someone outlined earlier in another thread, everything weighed against the Corbett/Lynch side - Law enforcement background of the co-defendant, blond blue-eyed all-American girl co-defendant, JC from another continent, DV accusations - the kitchen sink!

But the Carolinian Justice system saw the truth through all of that. If I was in trouble, I'd sure as heck want Sherriff Grice and that prosecution team on my side! I'll never forget the tears of Greg Martin and those of the jurors. They all REALLY did the state some service

Spot on! Couldn't agree more

Sorry if I caused any offense, it was not my intention.
I'm well aware of how hurtful stereotypes can be and the assumptions people will make based purely on place of birth or accent, etc. I'm Irish but lack much of the accent these days and have had people act differently towards me once I've had to use my passport for ID, etc.

JC certainly lived in a lovely area of NC and it's easy to see why anyone would want to set up a family home there.
The integrity and impartiality of the jury also shows the people in a very good light too.
MM had genetic lottery and home team advantage and still lost, rightfully so.

Nobody thinks you're inferior. The rankings in those international tables reflect the results of government education policies and other social policies which impact on children's ability to learn. They don't reflect inferiority or superiority of the populations - if they did Singapore would rule the world. We'd all be speaking Singaporese.

Singlish! :p

This is the real story here.
This story should make world headlines.
I hope it does because the world needs hope.
any dirty tricks the greedy ms' get up to are merely a diversion.

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie have really enjoyed reading all your prespectives so far soo much to read. Just wondering if anyoe knows when all the documents will be released to the public. I really want to read M and T statements that night and see the video recordings.

Why she has supporters in usa?
1. Sudden asthma attack deaths are very rare. It also doesnt look good to move a pretty young au pair in with you. If it happened in usa, LE and/or media would consider it suspicious. How did court allow testimony by sister on manner of 1st wifes death. If she wasnt there its like hearsay not fact.
2. Motive is weak. No real one way plans to move family back to ireland. Work life insurance is usually automatic based on salary, with spouse default beneficiary. The amt sounds about right considering his likely high salary. Of course you can opt-out of life insurance but no one really does.
3. Very difficult to investigate international cases., like getting evidence or interviews. For example, interviews with children at neutral site in usa vs. Interviews with children at family home in ireland.

His family should be proud to have pushed this case because it looks like it couldve been easily swept under the rug by local LE, which obviously was not ready for international case. Especially since LE tend to watch the backs of LE (fbi father) in usa.

One question is how was he buried in ireland. Almost always the body is released to spouse.

The sister was at the house when the asthma attack occurred. The nanny Molly arrived a couple of years after the death of Jason's wife.

The motive is strong: money, and custody of the children.

This isn't an international case. Molly and her father murdered Molly's husband in NC. The children were asleep at the time of the murder according to living witnesses, so they had nothing to contribute to the case.

If Molly wanted to make a case that she was abused, she had to get on the stand and testify. She didn't.

Jason was buried next to his wife, and she was buried in Ireland.

I don't get it. ME and CM are outraged in the interview that critical pieces of evidence didn't come in: explanation of paving stone, history of DV, defendant's taped police testimonies. Why didn't TM,MM introduce and explain that all during the defense presentation at trial? That was their opportunity.

Correct! They had no defense at all, it was as if they rolled over, and said, "We give!"

And now, the followers are crying about all the evidence that wasn't presented? Why don't you ask the high price attorneys, who represented the Martens? There was a reason they didn't present any evidence. Perhaps because it wasn't the truth?

IMHO

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie have really enjoyed reading all your prespectives so far soo much to read. Just wondering if anyoe knows when all the documents will be released to the public. I really want to read M and T statements that night and see the video recordings.

Hi, and welcome - from another newbie!
Fair dues if you've read all the threads - I've been slowly digging my way through them and ending up down the endless rabbit-holes. The posters in this forum have spotted many inconsistencies and shared amazing insights too. I too would love to read the court docs, but I don't know when they'll be available. One posters who seemed to be very knowledgeable said this (in quotes because I'm not sure how to link to earlier thread):
"SandyQLS said: 08-05-2017 06:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Be true View Post
Does anyone know if court transcripts available from the court itself to the public?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
Yes they do produce written transcripts of court proceedings and the public can pay a fee to acquire them. Unfortunately, they are not usually produced and available concurrent with the trial but at some later date after the trial concludes."

So... later...

Just want to add my thanks to the people of Davidson County and North Carolina as a whole who did so much to see that justice was done
in this case. The words dedication, professionalism, humanity and decency are what come to mind and that applies to the sheriffs dept, the forensic people, the attorneys, the judge and the jury.
I wish I could say the same about our police force (faked statistics, botched investigations, persecution of whistleblowers) and a courts system that seems frozen in the 19th century
We've plenty to be humble about in Ireland.
(FYI, currently in the midst of the neverending crises engulfing our police force, the commissioner is on a 5 week road trip holiday in the U.S. I hope she learns something)

I'm 100% with you on all counts there. School here in Ireland is usually the last Mon or Tue of August / start of Sept. This year my son will be back on Aug 29th. The timing is too much to be co-incidental IMO

As somebody with close family ties to 2 people with bi-polar, I can well understand why major, life-changing plans would not be openly discussed - depending on the phase of the disorder. Something like what you describe could set someone off and no knowing the outcome. Unfortunately for JC and all his family

I'm not buying the 'mental illness' and bi-polar story here. I think the nanny is just a really nasty "piece of work". She was grooming the children to forget about their mom, and to accuse their father of violence. That is not a symptom of mental illness. She probably has a long history of nastiness towards others, and I suspect that her dad has suggested that she has bi-polar personality disorder to get her out of troubling situations for a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back