GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully they will not be allowed to fly out of the country if they are released. MM has been defiant in prison as well. . MM reminds me of the nanny in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle!

She is just horrid. If you haven’t read it yet I recommend Jason’s sisters book about the case. As you can imagine Molly was an epic bridezilla.

As soon as they contested the children's statements there was always the possibility of a retrial unfortunately.

However, the family should take comfort in the fact that the evidence spoke for itself in the first trial and will do so again in any retrial, and that regardless of the outcome, those resilient children are legally safe as part of a blended family in Ireland. As a family, they have won. Justice will take a little longer it seems.

Much more detail about the trial errors at this link

New trial for Molly Corbett and Thomas Martens in Davidson County killing

"Although Defendants raise 13 issues on appeal -- many of which are interconnected and complex -- this case is deceptively simple, boiling down to whether Defendants lawfully used deadly force to defend themselves and each other during the tragic altercation with Jason," the court said in its decision. "Having thoroughly reviewed the record and transcript, it is evident that this is the rare case in which certain evidentiary errors, alone and in the aggregate, were so prejudicial as to inhibit Defendants' ability to present a full and meaningful defense."

Much more detail about the trial errors at this link

New trial for Molly Corbett and Thomas Martens in Davidson County killing

"Although Defendants raise 13 issues on appeal -- many of which are interconnected and complex -- this case is deceptively simple, boiling down to whether Defendants lawfully used deadly force to defend themselves and each other during the tragic altercation with Jason," the court said in its decision. "Having thoroughly reviewed the record and transcript, it is evident that this is the rare case in which certain evidentiary errors, alone and in the aggregate, were so prejudicial as to inhibit Defendants' ability to present a full and meaningful defense."

Unfortunately, the omission of all statements to the detriment of Jason's character played into their hands. Ultimately though, the forensic evidence is the forensic evidence and even if a case of self defence can be put forward the overkill trumps th3 self defense so we still wind up with a guilty verdict!

Do you feel the law enforcement processed the scene adequately? I was surprised the blood on boxers and pjs was not tested. It proved they were standing over the poor man during the attack and of course it had to be Js blood as they had no injuries but I thought it was lax that this issue wasn't properly tied off. Also that the expert crime analyst based his evidence on photos not the actual crime scene.

Does anyone know if it's a new trial can entirely new evidence be introduced? Can prosecution not cross examine them on fact that Js phone and laptop have never been found? Especially as the life insurance beneficiary was changed to MM remotely and online.

Do you feel the law enforcement processed the scene adequately? I was surprised the blood on boxers and pjs was not tested. It proved they were standing over the poor man during the attack and of course it had to be Js blood as they had no injuries but I thought it was lax that this issue wasn't properly tied off. Also that the expert crime analyst based his evidence on photos not the actual crime scene.

Does anyone know if it's a new trial can entirely new evidence be introduced? Can prosecution not cross examine them on fact that Js phone and laptop have never been found? Especially as the life insurance beneficiary was changed to MM remotely and online.

I am going to bet that the state will test those blood spatter sites now! My understanding is that it's a brand new trial and new evidence is fair game but JMO.

Is anyone Stateside able to get a copy of the full judgment? will the State appeal? at this time my thoughts are with SC and JC who now have to re-live this nightmare again. I wonder now, given their ages, whether JC and SC will make the decision to testify.

I will try posting the pdf here, but it is big. Not sure it will go through. The dissent is very interesting.

Attachments

• state-court-of-appeals-ruling-1580837264.pdf
    750.9 KB · Views: 29
I will try posting the pdf here, but it is big. Not sure it will go through. The dissent is very interesting.

Hoosgirl, worked, many thanks. Just started reading. Can anyone recall where Sarah says she awoke with a nightmare that evening? My recollection of the children's statements was that Jack said he was told that Sarah awoke due to a bad dream but that Sarah had said she had not awoken that night.

I am heartbroken for Jack and Sarah, this judgment shines so much more light on what they have gone through. The fact that MM told them that their dad had, quite frankly, murdered their mother by holding a pillow over her face is horrendous. I am so utterly shocked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back