CONVICTION OVERTURNED NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #11 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank has about three weeks to decide if he is going to try Martens and his daughter a second time. It’s not an easy decision with the way the coronavirus pandemic has put a heavy backlog on every court system in the state.

“I’ve got a number of families, victims of homicides and other cases that have been waiting for their cases to be tried for a long time. And we’ve been on an imposed sabbatical on that for the past year,” says Frank. “The pursuit of justice is rarely easy and that’s the guiding star that we’re trying to keep our sight on for all of this and we’re here for the duration.”

The new DA seems to be already suggesting reasons to not re-try them but let them go free.

Davidson County DA weighs trying Tom Martens, Molly Corbett again in killing of Jason Corbett | myfox8.com

Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank has about three weeks to decide if he is going to try Martens and his daughter a second time. It’s not an easy decision with the way the coronavirus pandemic has put a heavy backlog on every court system in the state.

“I’ve got a number of families, victims of homicides and other cases that have been waiting for their cases to be tried for a long time. And we’ve been on an imposed sabbatical on that for the past year,” says Frank. “The pursuit of justice is rarely easy and that’s the guiding star that we’re trying to keep our sight on for all of this and we’re here for the duration.”

The new DA seems to be already suggesting reasons to not re-try them but let them go free.

Davidson County DA weighs trying Tom Martens, Molly Corbett again in killing of Jason Corbett | myfox8.com

Oh sweet Devine jesus, i hope he finds the strength and resources he needs to retry them, cant read the link due to data laws but i just hope they don't walk free

1. The children of murdered Irish businessman Jason Corbett (39) want “to have their voices heard” by offering evidence at any US retrial of killers Tom (71) and Molly (37) Martens.

In a dramatic boost to North Carolina prosecutors, Jack and Sarah Corbett-Lynch have expressed their willingness to offer testimony at any retrial if disputed statements they made are relied on by the defence legal team.

Corbett children ‘want their voices to be heard’ in Martens retrial

IMO, The vote on the NC Supreme Court appeared politicized...all Democrats voting one way,Republicans the other. Hopefully, if the Martens are to benefited by what the children said...there should be a new trial so Sarah and Jack can speak now. That would be a non-political act of reason and decency.

The Martens want the children to be heard...okay...bring it on. Let them speak.

1. The children of murdered Irish businessman Jason Corbett (39) want “to have their voices heard” by offering evidence at any US retrial of killers Tom (71) and Molly (37) Martens.

In a dramatic boost to North Carolina prosecutors, Jack and Sarah Corbett-Lynch have expressed their willingness to offer testimony at any retrial if disputed statements they made are relied on by the defence legal team.

Corbett children ‘want their voices to be heard’ in Martens retrial

IMO, The vote on the NC Supreme Court appeared politicized...all Democrats voting one way,Republicans the other. Hopefully, if the Martens are to benefited by what the children said...there should be a new trial so Sarah and Jack can speak now. That would be a non-political act of reason and decency.

The Martens want the children to be heard...okay...bring it on. Let them speak.
My heart breaks at the thought of the children being torn apart by the defence attorneys on the stand, but i do feel it's the only way to put the martens away for good, i just hope that they will be strong enough to cope with the barrage of questions and cross examination by the defence council,
All the above are my own thoughts and opinions only

Her PR team is hard at work. She only wants to ‘testify’ in front of sympathetic media. The Corbett’s should demand the ability to answer.
I agree, dismissing her lies like it's a normal occurrence in every day life only focusing on the alledged abuse, i could maybe understand a different version of the truth or an exaggeration of a conversation or event but bare faced lies are another thing entirely, recordings of alleged abuse that her defence didn't submit, recordings of alledged abuse that were lost or destroyed, surely up to the day of Jason's murder she would have needed these recordings to build a case of domestic abuse and certainly after his death she would have needed them more than ever to build her defence, they will have their hands full if she's released on bail
All the above is my thoughts and opinions only

That Elle article is being slaughtered on Facebook. Interesting question at end of statement by Tracey Lynch, Jason Corbett's sister. She says Molly Martens had planted recording devices all over the house, including in the bedroom. So, the murder itself was probably recorded. If so, and Molly and Tom Martens are telling the truth, where's the tape? Conveniently 'lost or destroyed' it seems. Molly Martens also says they handed over some tapes to the DA. Does anyone on this forum know if you can digitally trace the editing sequence on the tape back to the IP address of the computer it was edited on? Here's the link to the facebook comments in reaction to Elle's hatchet job on Jason Corbett.
And here's
Statement Tracey Corbett Lynch
Elle starts their article by asking: “what happens when an allegation brings domestic violence into the harsh light of public
scrutiny, particularly when people aren’t always who they seem to be?”
I can answer that from Jason’s orphaned children’s point of view. What happens is the children see their loving father’s
character destroyed by the baseless lies of a fantasist flailing in the face of forensic proof that she killed her husband, having
drugged him. What happens is publications like Elle take an inordinate interest in the baseless claims of a photogenic, white,
middle-class girl, and her wealthy father, an ex-FBI agent, and propel them into ‘the harsh light of public scrutiny’.
One wonders, if Molly looked different, or was not so well-funded and privileged, would Elle so readily take an interest in her lies,
let alone present them as fact? White lies are still lies. And Molly Martens’ lies go way beyond white lies - they wilfully seek to
destroy the good name of a good man, against whom detectives could not find a scintilla of evidence to support Molly’s
convenient theories of domestic abuse. It is a terrible disrespect to all victims of domestic abuse which include Jason and his
children at the hands of Molly Martens.
The detectives who attended the crime scene all found it to be totally inconsistent with the self-defence claim Tom and Molly
Martens were making. The detectives and the emergency response crew noted that Jason’s body was cold and questioned how long
the Martens had waited before calling 911. They also noted that there were no marks on Tom or Molly Martens despite
their supposedly prolonged struggle with a 6ft, 260lb man. In fact, Molly had to be twice asked to stop rubbing her neck as
detectives could clearly see she was seeking to self-administer some kind mark on her neck to bolster her lies.
Elle is correct when it says ‘people aren’t always who they seem to be’. Jason isn’t here to show you who he really is.
But, I am and his family are. His children are. His friends and work colleagues from around the world are too - even if Elle’s
Reporter chose to interview many of us, but not bother to print what we said. Maybe it did not fit with the picture Elle wants
to present of Molly Martens? Maybe, in the ‘harsh light of public scrutiny,’ Molly Martens is not who she seems to be.
We pray and have faith that the District Attorney of North Carolina has the courage and conviction to retry Molly and Tom
Martens. We are devastated at the thought of having to go through all this again. However, we look forward to the court,
the jury, and the public, hearing directly from the mouths of Jason’s orphaned children just what Molly Martens was really like,
and what Jason was really like.
Elle’s reporter relies on an edited tape recording which purports to show Jason abusing Molly. We look forward to hearing the
full unedited version of this tape if it hasn’t been ‘destroyed or lost’ like the other tapes Molly claims to have. Molly had placed
recording devices throughout the house, including in the bedroom where Jason was killed. She planted these devices because
Jason was planning to move home to Ireland with his children and she would stop at nothing to get custody of the children.
We know there were recording devices in the bedroom, so isn’t it strange that Molly has not produced the recording from
the night of August 2 2015? Surely, that recording would prove the best witness of all, as to what really happened that night.

That Elle article is being slaughtered on Facebook. Interesting question at end of statement by Tracey Lynch, Jason Corbett's sister. She says Molly Martens had planted recording devices all over the house, including in the bedroom. So, the murder itself was probably recorded. If so, and Molly and Tom Martens are telling the truth, where's the tape? Conveniently 'lost or destroyed' it seems. Molly Martens also says they handed over some tapes to the DA. Does anyone on this forum know if you can digitally trace the editing sequence on the tape back to the IP address of the computer it was edited on? Here's the link to the facebook comments in reaction to Elle's hatchet job on Jason Corbett.
And here's
Statement Tracey Corbett Lynch
Elle starts their article by asking: “what happens when an allegation brings domestic violence into the harsh light of public
scrutiny, particularly when people aren’t always who they seem to be?”
I can answer that from Jason’s orphaned children’s point of view. What happens is the children see their loving father’s
character destroyed by the baseless lies of a fantasist flailing in the face of forensic proof that she killed her husband, having
drugged him. What happens is publications like Elle take an inordinate interest in the baseless claims of a photogenic, white,
middle-class girl, and her wealthy father, an ex-FBI agent, and propel them into ‘the harsh light of public scrutiny’.
One wonders, if Molly looked different, or was not so well-funded and privileged, would Elle so readily take an interest in her lies,
let alone present them as fact? White lies are still lies. And Molly Martens’ lies go way beyond white lies - they wilfully seek to
destroy the good name of a good man, against whom detectives could not find a scintilla of evidence to support Molly’s
convenient theories of domestic abuse. It is a terrible disrespect to all victims of domestic abuse which include Jason and his
children at the hands of Molly Martens.
The detectives who attended the crime scene all found it to be totally inconsistent with the self-defence claim Tom and Molly
Martens were making. The detectives and the emergency response crew noted that Jason’s body was cold and questioned how long
the Martens had waited before calling 911. They also noted that there were no marks on Tom or Molly Martens despite
their supposedly prolonged struggle with a 6ft, 260lb man. In fact, Molly had to be twice asked to stop rubbing her neck as
detectives could clearly see she was seeking to self-administer some kind mark on her neck to bolster her lies.
Elle is correct when it says ‘people aren’t always who they seem to be’. Jason isn’t here to show you who he really is.
But, I am and his family are. His children are. His friends and work colleagues from around the world are too - even if Elle’s
Reporter chose to interview many of us, but not bother to print what we said. Maybe it did not fit with the picture Elle wants
to present of Molly Martens? Maybe, in the ‘harsh light of public scrutiny,’ Molly Martens is not who she seems to be.
We pray and have faith that the District Attorney of North Carolina has the courage and conviction to retry Molly and Tom
Martens. We are devastated at the thought of having to go through all this again. However, we look forward to the court,
the jury, and the public, hearing directly from the mouths of Jason’s orphaned children just what Molly Martens was really like,
and what Jason was really like.
Elle’s reporter relies on an edited tape recording which purports to show Jason abusing Molly. We look forward to hearing the
full unedited version of this tape if it hasn’t been ‘destroyed or lost’ like the other tapes Molly claims to have. Molly had placed
recording devices throughout the house, including in the bedroom where Jason was killed. She planted these devices because
Jason was planning to move home to Ireland with his children and she would stop at nothing to get custody of the children.
We know there were recording devices in the bedroom, so isn’t it strange that Molly has not produced the recording from
the night of August 2 2015? Surely, that recording would prove the best witness of all, as to what really happened that night.

I never heard of any tapes being handed over before this article, but I'm sure if there was any legal validity to them the defence would have entered them, as for digital tracing i wouldn't have a clue except to say wouldn't the da have been able to do that if they gave them to the police or revelent qualified department, that's to say if the da did in fact receive the alledged tapes
All the above are my own thoughts and opinions only
Edited as some word had no spaces

Last edited:
Tracy Lynch just posted on FB...the new DA has decided to offer a plea deal. There will be no new trial. There will be no justice for Jason.

The children traveled to NC and detailed years of Molly’s abuse and the coaching they were subjected to...all to no avail.

Jason's Journey
STATEMENT BY TRACEY CORBETT LYNCH AND DAVID LYNCH, LEGAL GUARDIANS OF JASON CORBETT’S CHILDREN, JACK AND SARAH.
“We are devastated that the District Attorney for Davidson County has decided to offer a plea deal and not seek a retrial of Tom and Molly Martens who admitted killing Jason Corbett, leaving his children, then aged 10 and eight, orphaned. What does it say for justice in North Carolina that you can drug a father of two, then beat him to death with a baseball bat and a paving brick, literally crush his skull, and still escape a murder conviction?

‘Jason’s two children, now aged 16 and 14, travelled to North Carolina this week and spent days giving statements to detectives outlining how they were terrified when giving those statements to social workers because Molly Martens had perpetrated years of abuse of the children. The children told detectives how they had been coached and intimidated by Molly Martens into lying to the social workers. They had been compelled to lie and claim that they had witnessed domestic abuse in the house. The children were coached from the night of the murder in what to say when asked. The children recanted those statements once they returned to Ireland and were safe. This week they detailed for Davidson County detectives the long history of child abuse perpetrated against them by Molly Martens. The children also detailed for detectives how they saw key items of evidence - such as Jason’s phone and two of his computers - in Molly’s family’s possession in the days after the murder. These items were never found, as they would have proved that Jason was planning to return home to Ireland with the children. They would also have proved that Jason's life assurance policy was changed a year before his death to make Molly the sole beneficiary.
The simple truth is Molly Martens killed Jason Corbett to get his children. Today the District Attorney for Davidson County has let her and her father get away with murder.”

Hmm...wonder what the plea deal is? I can’t see them ever admitting guilt unless it is an Alford plea. The Alford plea basically said that a person isn’t admitting guilt, but that there is some evidence against them that could lead a jury to a guilty verdict.

I hate the Alford plea.

US prosecutors offer plea bargain deal to Tom and Molly Martens over killing of Jason Corbett

No details on plea, other than it may be for a lesser charge, like manslaughter.
This is still very disappointing. And not justice for Jason ( and his loved ones) at all.

Hmm...wonder what the plea deal is? I can’t see them ever admitting guilt unless it is an Alford plea. The Alford plea basically said that a person isn’t admitting guilt, but that there is some evidence against them that could lead a jury to a guilty verdict.

I hate the Alford plea.

US prosecutors offer plea bargain deal to Tom and Molly Martens over killing of Jason Corbett

No details on plea, other than it may be for a lesser charge, like manslaughter.
This is still very disappointing. And not justice for Jason ( and his loved ones) at all.

Very disappointed to hear this, can't imagine how those children must be feeling right now, i pray that Jason will be allowed to rest in peace now, as for molly martens and her father the blood of Jason will always remain on their hands,i will place them in the hands of God and let him deal with them,
The above is my opinions only

I’m betting it is time served.

That would be less than 4 years. Not fair at all IMO.

I wonder why they won’t re-try this. I think they have a good case with compelling evidence. The only thing I could think of is the defense making a big deal out of the children changing their testimony (although IMO the kids are telling the truth now).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back