CONVICTION OVERTURNED NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #11 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m devastated by the news emanating from the DA office in NC. I have written extensively on this on earlier threads particularly around the trial period. My initial view of the trial was that it would turn into a travesty of justice to be surprised at the trial verdict and seeing these two calculating twisted monsters being convicted and getting long sentences as is required by law. Can’t but feel I was right all along in justice would not be served and this is based on the pleas of a supposed “faithful” former federal police officer coming to the aid of his supposed “battered” wife. I do feel this view was skewed by some of the judges in the appeal court decision. I believe the whole “kids” evidence is a conjured “spanner” in the works to destroy criminal accountability. I believe the trial judge was correct in his assessment of the weight of the “kids” evidence in that it would not have “probative” value but serve to “muddy” the water for the Martens. What existing evidence that did exist in the US at the time of the trial was taken while the kids were under the Martens control. The younger “kid” Sarah had no memory of her only mother and assumed as a kid does the maternal influence to be so vital in their life and try to identified with this, and we do know of Molly Martens manipulative behaviour and in this case a deliberate plan of manufacturing confrontations. Even the oldest kid, Jack had repeated that he was coached by the Martens in what to state.

I understand Jack is available now to come forward to testify to the reality of the manipulative “on-going” in their then US household. But the reality, it’s not about “real” evidence but the using the kids to “put a spanner” in the works.

During the trial the Martens let it be known in no uncertain terms that they thought the Corbetts’ were of an inferior class and their only value was of the two kids which would be better off embracing the US way of life which the Martens could provide for. Reminds me of Nazi policy of exterminating Polish and Eastern European families having what was described as “Arian” kids for to provide for childless German families. I do believe some of the appeal judges were also swayed by Tom Martens service as a FBI officer against what was not a “valued” life as Jason Corbett.

North Carolina is lawless, if it allows these two monsters to now walk, which appears to be the case. It appears that Jason Corbett was not a life that really mattered and the two kids left fatherless is just an inconvenience for the furthering of the US “way of life”. This is protecting what it appears to be “good” Americans versus what doesn’t really matter.

Jason's pleading states it all
Jason Corbett’s son pleads not to let his father’s evil killers out of jail as family slam Molly Marten’s claims
Jason Corbett's son pleads not to let his father’s evil killers out of jail

Last edited:
Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank has about three weeks to decide if he is going to try Martens and his daughter a second time. It’s not an easy decision with the way the coronavirus pandemic has put a heavy backlog on every court system in the state.

“I’ve got a number of families, victims of homicides and other cases that have been waiting for their cases to be tried for a long time. And we’ve been on an imposed sabbatical on that for the past year,” says Frank. “The pursuit of justice is rarely easy and that’s the guiding star that we’re trying to keep our sight on for all of this and we’re here for the duration.”

The new DA seems to be already suggesting reasons to not re-try them but let them go free.

Davidson County DA weighs trying Tom Martens, Molly Corbett again in killing of Jason Corbett | myfox8.com
The only unequivocal message I take from it is the homicide to Jason Corbett doesn't matter when it involves supposes "upstanding" citizens.
In contrast the search-capture and trial of Mir Aimal Kansi left no US stones un-turned, even inflight refueling for the 12hr flight so asylum could not be claimed at a refueling transit airport.

Arrest and trial of Mir Aimal Kasi - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Sadly, Irish Martin, many Americans truly believe that our system of justice is no longer...”about the truth.” The Elle article made it clear that there were powerful political narratives at risk here if another trial ensued. How the author had to twist, omit and spin...to beg her readers to believe a pathological liar...and ignore Maginn’s book and the horrific autopsy report.

The huge 6ft4...280 pound raging maniac...could not land one blow, one scratch on the old man and his pathetic daughter. Her thin bracelet unbroken...and Elle believes they were only trying to stop him, not hurt him. The crushed, shattered skull...the battered and broken body...slammed by their bats and bricks over and over...Elle just placed no importance on that. We MUST believe “victims” now or be cancelled or crushed ourselves. “Victims” never lie if the narrative is in vogue and of use to the powerful.

‘Molly Martens...abused wife” ..expect her to be given lectures at Universities and on certain narrative driven media shows.

But there can be a way for the Corbett Lynch family to get a different form of justice.

Know your enemy.

I do not know the Martens family...so this is all just opinion....based on following this case, the custody hearing, the trial, and reading their former FB pages and Keith Maginn and Tracey’s books.
Tom was a middle manager in the FBI... nowhere near as successful as Jason. But with a working wife they had assembled many of the trappings of a successful American family. The only flaw in the family social facade IMO...was their chaotic and troubled, failure of a daughter, Molly.

Maginn’s book, in particular, reveals MM desperately cycling through bipolar episodes while her family seems strangely uncaring and uninvolved. This is a key part of the family history to me. Why the distance? It just didn’t fit with the way Tom styled himself at the trial.

After a hospital stay, incredibly, this struggling daughter of theirs...somehow has the funds and the resume to present herself as the perfect nanny for two infants to an unsuspecting Irish widower....far, far away...far, far away... from Mom and Dad. Just out of the hospital...really?

When MM returned to America, backed by a successful husband, she finally attains an acceptable status in her family’s eyes. Jason supplied the beautiful home, the expensive clothes, the luxurious vacations, and best of all, the two beautiful children. Finally Molly can now be pointed to with family pride, not through her own efforts...but because of Jason. Tom tells a coworker (trial testimony) that he hates Jason...but IMO he loves the vacations, the basement suite, the fact the Molly is now Jason’s to deal with.

imagine the call...that this is all crumbling down. By his own testimony, they had never had any word about abuse...none. But they flew down there on a moments notice cancelling plans.

In my opinion, the rage inflicted on Jason that night was so fierce for two very different reasons..which varied from MM to TM. Yes, Molly was enraged that the children might be taken from her...but she had more to lose. Without Jason, she was about to resume her old place in the family as the chaotic, unsuccessful family loser again. Any status she had was tied to Jason’s success. With no degree and a job history of babysitting, she had little prospect of continuing in the ‘manner to which she had become accustomed.”.

But for Tom, dealing with a cancer stricken wife, he now was about to have his troubled daughter, the frequently unemployed overspender with mood swings...back as his responsibility again.

Her rage IMO was that Jason might take the children...Tom’s rage IMO was that Jason was returning Molly and all her baggage TO HIM.

If they are released...take comfort that they both face those same onerous situations with a tremendous new burden as celebrity murderers and Ex-cons. No matter what “friends” tell them, that stench will never wear off. Every show of anger, any mood of Molly’s will now be placed in the context of the horrific, heinous crime they committed. People will say nice words but watch closely and sniff the stink. That will be a life sentence for this vain, proud, once pompous family.

And if the Lynches think the children can emotionally handle it, they should consider having them put their experiences into book form. Maginn’s book before the murder, the autopsy, your book, and finally, the story of the children’s ordeal....could be a literary life sentence from which the Martens could never be freed.

All conjecture and my opinion only.

She said that Garry Frank, the Davidson County district attorney, met with her and her husband, David Lynch, in his office at 4:15 p.m. Wednesday. Frank, she said, told her that he would be offering Molly Martens Corbett and Thomas Martens the chance to plead guilty to manslaughter. In the first trial, a jury was asked to decide between second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter or not guilty in the death of Irish businessman Jason Corbett. The jury convicted both Molly Corbett and Martens of second-degree murder and they are now serving between 20 years and 25 years in prison.

A conviction on voluntary manslaughter would likely mean considerably less prison time for Molly Corbett and Martens. Tracey Corbett Lynch said Frank gave attorneys for Molly Corbett and Martens a week to consider the offer.

Sister of Irish businessman Jason Corbett said Davidson DA won't retry Molly Corbett and Thomas Martens.

Voluntary Manslaughter Charges and Penalties
One common manslaughter charge in North Carolina is voluntary manslaughter. It is different than murder charges, which includes the requirements that the killings be done with premeditation and malice. Voluntary manslaughter is an intentional killing but is done when provoked and is often referred to as a “heat of passion” crime. The provocation can cause the person to act rashly, in a sudden fit of rage, or due to extreme emotional distress. However, there is no pre-planning of the killing as is the case when someone is charged with murder.

Manslaughter is a Class D felony. If you are convicted, you face a prison sentence of between 51 and 64 months in prison and must be sentenced to a mandatory minimum of 51 months in prison.”

so...they have served almost 4 years IIRC. They’d be free very soon...max, 64 months...another year and a half.

The maxim sounds now so shallow and empty
“Fiat justitia, ruat caelum” - let justice be done, though the heavens fall.

Yes indeed the Marten family are something else, letting loose their “psychiatric” daughter on an unsuspecting bereaved family with two young kids without a shred of morality speaks volumes for their integrity for starters. This is someone (Molly), which should be carrying a warning sign on a chain hanging off her neck. But they allow her off over to Ireland and they don’t care. And the leader of the family (Tom) thinks the Corbett family are “beneath” him and holds them in contempt except for what he describes as his “ two grandchildren”, which in fact they are not any relation of his and their much treasured psychiatric daughter is unable to provide him with any. Molly invades her way into the bereaved Corbett family, one can assume with sexual scheming and flaunting of her doll like figure to get access to young kids, kids she can’t have. The Corbett’s go on to provide her with a home and lifestyle which she is unable to provide for herself. And the Marten extended family takes it all in their stride with the reservations that the provider of this ready-made family is socially beneath them and go on to kill him and gets full family support, even with the extended family. None of them shouts "stop".

As I wrote before its incomprehensible what the logic of their game-plan was. Killing someone to get access to their prized dogs is something but for kids who would grow up to find their supposed mother figure and grandfather figure, cold bloody murdered their beloved dad is incomprehensible to its logical outcome. Only for their aunt/guardian and stalwart lion like actions of Tracey Corbett Lynch, it would seem the Marten family was to get custody of them. This would appear likely to have Molly’s mother, Sharon bringing them on prison visits to visit their dad’s killers. It beggars belief to what would have happened to Jack and Sarah only for the Corbett family pro-activeness in seeking custody. I presume Jack Corbett who is now 16 yrs of age can access on-line his much loved dad’s brutal autopsy report to see the level of violence used on him by these vile types. Did the Martens expect Jack and Sarah to go on like lambs pretending it did not happen and become subsuming to the Martens forever and be grateful to them for what they did?

I have seen too many examples of British justice serving the Brit states corruption, am I now to conclude US justice is now coming up the rear when its own icons need to be protected especially against what it appears to be considered not worthy of protection?

Petition launched seeking justice for Irishman killed by wife and father-in-law

Meanwhile, Jason Corbett's brother John has penned a letter to President Joe Biden expressing his dismay that Davidson County District Attorney Garry Frank has offered the Martens a plea deal for a lesser charge.

"I have stayed away from all the distasteful media over the past few years re the trial and brutal cold-blooded murder of my dear brother, who only wanted a happy new peaceful life in North Carolina with his children when he moved there from Ireland, yet his life was taken by two cold narcissistic individuals," John P. Corbett said in a letter to Biden.

John Corbett, who works for the NHS in East Anglia in the United Kingdom, told the President that his colleagues were shocked to hear that the Martens had been offered a plea deal.

"My many colleagues in the UK NHS health system where I work as a professional health staff member are also totally dismayed how two cold-blooded murderers are being gifted leniency by the North Carolina Justice system."

He wrote that his family simply sought justice for Jason Corbett's death in 2015 but said that they feel let down by the North Carolina Justice system.

"We as a family, like any family in the world who have lost a family member to a brutal cowardly murder, would want normal justice. Sadly the justice system seems, in this case, to be working for the murderers, and not for the life they have coldly taken for their own narcissistic agenda."

He thanked the authorities for "at least keeping these cold arrogant murderers in prison for four years" but said that it was a "sad day" for the Corbett family when the Martens were offered the plea deal.

I would think the process of “judicial review” would be open to the Corbett family to get justice for their beloved brother and father. The US has the common law sys from its British occupation. The same system apples to Ireland. It allows the challenge of state agencies the execution or the lack of execution of its powers. In Ireland the powers of the Public Prosecution Services are reviewable by the courts, although in limited circumstances. The PPS in Ireland is a very independent office and it’s a criminal offence to lobby it except the victim and their family or the accused and their family or professionals acting in behalf of the victim or accused. The Gov or the Gardai (police) can’t force a prosecution or stop one. Theoretically a victim or their family could have the decision of this office reviewable before the courts. I would imagine the cost invol to be enormous. But it speaks volumes for the whole prosecution services of NC that victims would have to travel down this road to get justice for a callous murder in order to take the victims kids and leaving the kids orphans in the process.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back