GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is Irish and we read the Irish Central a lot which is how I became familiar with the case. Having a career in medical pathology as well as EMT in the army I found it compelling when the details emerged especially the autopsy. People are fully entitled to their opinions of course but I read just now a reaction on that particular memorial Facebook page which I can only presume is directed at my posts here. The control of thought on this case is amazing, even amongst Irish ex-pats my wife dare not mention she has doubts for fear of being ridiculed. There is a campaign all right, not sure it's a justice one as that can only be guaranteed through the judicial system and that is scheduled to happen. It looks like a personal smear campaign to discredit the arrested parties and create a certain public image of her to get it spread far and wide, especially in the States in NC and Tenessee where she lives and where a jury will be selected from. They are using social media expertly I'll give them that! Never seen a victims family awaiting a trial harness the power of the media before the trial even begins....usually see it after the trial if someone was acquitted of the crime and the victims family launch a public campaign of protest then. This is a public campaign of protest when there is no criminal injustice handed down yet to protest against! Very odd.

So the first strike was the fatal on and she scratched his chest numerous times afterwards?

In my opinion after my own research, I do believe the first blow was fatal or left Jason unable to defend himself. After doing research, I believe Molly acted in a fit of rage. I would describe the murder as a crime of passion. In my opinion Jason was still beaten after he died.

So the first strike was the fatal on and she scratched his chest numerous times afterwards?

Rage dies strange things. Why do you think she got a second weapon once she got free instead of calling police?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just thinking regarding the "pulled hair". Is this something that is generally taken from a body by the ME for the purpose of testing? You know, like testing for drugs, etc.

Multiple abrasions to the torso, defib pads cause markings similar to pressure bruising, not scratches. Yes the report mentioned bruising consistent with defib pads, also multiple short length scratches on the torso, separate injuries.

My wife is Irish and we read the Irish Central a lot which is how I became familiar with the case. Having a career in medical pathology as well as EMT in the army I found it compelling when the details emerged especially the autopsy. People are fully entitled to their opinions of course but I read just now a reaction on that particular memorial Facebook page which I can only presume is directed at my posts here. The control of thought on this case is amazing, even amongst Irish ex-pats my wife dare not mention she has doubts for fear of being ridiculed. There is a campaign all right, not sure it's a justice one as that can only be guaranteed through the judicial system and that is scheduled to happen. It looks like a personal smear campaign to discredit the arrested parties and create a certain public image of her to get it spread far and wide, especially in the States in NC and Tenessee where she lives and where a jury will be selected from. They are using social media expertly I'll give them that! Never seen a victims family awaiting a trial harness the power of the media before the trial even begins....usually see it after the trial if someone was acquitted of the crime and the victims family launch a public campaign of protest then. This is a public campaign of protest when there is no criminal injustice handed down yet to protest against! Very odd.

My opinion of Molly is based solely on her own Facebook posts. Her lack of respect for the children's Mother, is shocking to me. To me it paints a picture of a selfish woman. That then leads me to believe she is capable of a murder during a fit of rage. I do not believe the murder was premeditated. I believe the theory that Jason was going to divorce Molly and move his children back to Irleand. Molly became furious and the rest is written in the autopsy. My opinion only.

Your perogative. I don't base my opinions on an individual's Facebook account, good or bad. Evidence, autopsy, witness statements, forensics etc is more my interest

Hair sample taken from body would have been recorded not 'pulled hair'....ME doesn't not 'pull hair' from a corpse.

Your perogative. I don't base my opinions on an individual's Facebook account, good or bad. Evidence, autopsy, witness statements, forensics etc is more my interest

The evidence, autopsy, witness statements and Molly's lack of compassion for the Corbett family, Mags Corbett, and most important Jack and Sarah lead to me believe she killed Jason.

Hair sample taken from body would have been recorded not 'pulled hair'....ME doesn't not 'pull hair' from a corpse.

Regardless, it still does not state in the autopsy, well not as far as I can see, that the "pulled hair" was taken from his hand. Also, it does not provide any details of "pulled hair" such as length, colour.

I beleive the rise and power of social media in recent years is a real risk to fair trials and unbiased juries going forward. i am aware of the pages you mention but since the last hearing the commentary has toned down somewhat on all bar one. I am Irish and was horrified at the attitude of my fellow irish esp women towards someone they dont even know personally. some attitudes that women fought hard to be free off decades ago reared their ugly head. that being said that i why came to this forum, I had always read different cases on here over the years and found it encouraged healthy impartial debate and most importantly people are respecful of eachother even if there is a differing opinion. of course some of the irish supporters are entitled to come on here in a respecful manner, I do beleive a lot of them are actively reading this forum however that is their entitlement.

Social media is also being used to taint Jason's reputation. Pictures posted that put young children in danger. Again where is the respect for Mags Corbett. As a woman, the lack of respect for her memory is shocking. She is the mother and will always be. I agree that social media will taint and make all future investigations and trials more complex. That is generation we all live in.

Hi. Many of your posts and responses to posts are quite useful and thought provoking. Could I just ask please when you are responding to quotes to use the 'Reply with quotes' option as it sometimes difficult to know which post you are responding to. The one above, for example, I have no idea which post you are responding to. Thanks.

@Truthseeker79 welcome. I like others have given though to your posts although it does not alter my own personal view of what happened. It did, however, make me look at things from an angle that I believe the defence will use - so thank you.

Just in respect of your own experiences in the medical arena I was wondering if you could give me a little insight in CPR. When both I and my OH attended for separate first aid training courses it was pointed out that if you were doing CPR correctly you would expect some damage to the ribs (in the way of fractures) - none of that was apparent on the body - this has always stood out to me.

Hi. Many of your posts and responses to posts are quite useful and thought provoking. Could I just ask please when you are responding to quotes to use the 'Reply with quotes' option as it sometimes difficult to know which post you are responding to. The one above, for example, I have no idea which post you are responding to. Thanks.

Like this? Sorry, didn't realise I was doing that. Very annoying to read. I thought just click reply did it. Newbie error

Social media is also being used to taint Jason's reputation. Pictures posted that put young children in danger. Again where is the respect for Mags Corbett. As a woman, the lack of respect for her memory is shocking. She is the mother and will always be. I agree that social media will taint and make all future investigations and trials more complex. That is generation we all live in.

I only ever saw the one public post tainting his character which was the one posted by her cousin back in August, a few other random comments under newspaper articles but nothing extreme. perhaps there is a lot more out there i havent seen it. the martens and their friends and family have gone very silent of late. I dont believe looking at this case from another perspective is tainting his character. What makes WS interesting is examining all aspects of the case and looking and exploring different scenarios and how they may be viewed by both the prosecution and the defence and how they may be viewed by the jury. the jury are not going to say stop , we dont want to hear anymore, we have the autopsy, throw away the key. I dont see how discussing different ways of analysing what info we have so far in any way takes away from the fact that he was murdered. My interest at present in examining the Defence sides . We have a lot of material relating to the road the prosecution are taking but for now until we get some more information released, we can only explore what evidence is there presently and how it may be interpreted by opposing sides. Absolutely, we are on the same page about the social media, i have said from the very beginning of this that neither the corbett family nor indeed the martens should have been running social media campaigns.Complete invasion of privacy for all concerned esp the corbett family and jack and sarah.

I only ever saw the one public post tainting his character which was the one posted by her cousin back in August, a few other random comments under newspaper articles but nothing extreme. perhaps there is a lot more out there i havent seen it. the martens and their friends and family have gone very silent of late. I dont believe looking at this case from another perspective is tainting his character. What makes WS interesting is examining all aspects of the case and looking and exploring different scenarios and how they may be viewed by both the prosecution and the defence and how they may be viewed by the jury. the jury are not going to say stop , we dont want to hear anymore, we have the autopsy, throw away the key. I dont see how discussing different ways of analysing what info we have so far in any way takes away from the fact that he was murdered. My interest at present in examining the Defence sides . We have a lot of material relating to the road the prosecution are taking but for now until we get some more information released, we can only explore what evidence is there presently and how it may be interpreted by opposing sides. Absolutely, we are on the same page about the social media, i have said from the very beginning of this that neither the corbett family nor indeed the martens should have been running social media campaigns.Complete invasion of privacy for all concerned esp the corbett family and jack and sarah.

Social media is adding a new element to most current cases. Every case I have followed in the last 20 years have had character evaluations. Evaluating a victim or suspects character, mental health, or motive is changing because of social media. I find Jason's autopsy to be the most important evidence at this point. It may be frowned on, considered not fair or incorrect investigating, but Molly's Facebook posts gave me an insight to her character, mental health and gave possible motives. I do wonder what steps will be taken in the future to stop Facebook campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member