GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
h
A lot of the defence will look at how this case was investigated to start with. They will ask why the persons of interest were only interviewed once, very unusual. I would want to hear their story then bring them back in to try catch them out and question more.

Do we know for sure that they were only interviewed once? I find that really hard to believe somehow.

For all newbies: WS has a great "ignore" function. Go to your settings and add any name you wish. You will not see those posts.

I love it.

Thanks for that. I think it may be something i'll utilise in future.

have you ever found a grand jury that did not follow a prosecutors recommendation to indictment? That's why here there is debate on whether or not we need a Grand Jury as 99% of Grand Juries follow the prosecutors recommendations; they are a rubber stamp for the DA.

A lot of the defence will look at how this case was investigated to start with. They will ask why the persons of interest were only interviewed once, very unusual. I would want to hear their story then bring them back in to try catch them out and question more. Also the evidence gathered for search warrants were purely circumstantial. Did they finger print her neck? Read about a new laser light that certain LE are using that highlights fingerprints on a neck where there is no visible markings. This is open to debate as to whether it was said or not but a friend of MM ( not relative) made a claim saying a police officer said 'women who curl their hair in my experience rarely are victims of DV'....presume he meant if a victim of DV would not be a glamorous person. Could they claim a prejudice/bias towards taking her claims seriously? Also the bombarding of the DA's office, whilst the DA will of course claim they were impartial, there were even Irish politicians calling as well as thousands of emails demanding a charge being brought. Just thinking of Stephen Avery and claims made the DA was under pressure to bring a charge, also he met the victims family ( and rightly so) a lot more that the persons of interest so he was hearing their side of the story a lot. Just claims the defence will make to say there may have been an inherent bias in the investigation from the outset. I'm not saying there was....just thinking that is an angel a defence will use.

If she has any evidence of DV I am sure she will bring it up, just because she says it now does not make it true, evidence is key. As for the hair curling comment you said, purely hearsay from a friend of a friend, holds no water and cannot tbh see how this could be considered as bias. With regards to the Irish Politicians, this man was a citizen of Ireland, murdered on foreign soil, I would expect nothing less from Ireland then for them to send in their Consulate in the same way if an American was murdered in Ireland I would expect the American Embassy to get involved. And so what if they got emails, it is not as if they made up the evidence.

have you ever found a grand jury that did not follow a prosecutors recommendation to indictment? That's why here there is debate on whether or not we need a Grand Jury as 99% of Grand Juries follow the prosecutors recommendations; they are a rubber stamp for the DA.

A lot of the defence will look at how this case was investigated to start with. They will ask why the persons of interest were only interviewed once, very unusual. I would want to hear their story then bring them back in to try catch them out and question more. Also the evidence gathered for search warrants were purely circumstantial. Did they finger print her neck? Read about a new laser light that certain LE are using that highlights fingerprints on a neck where there is no visible markings. This is open to debate as to whether it was said or not but a friend of MM ( not relative) made a claim saying a police officer said 'women who curl their hair in my experience rarely are victims of DV'....presume he meant if a victim of DV would not be a glamorous person. Could they claim a prejudice/bias towards taking her claims seriously? Also the bombarding of the DA's office, whilst the DA will of course claim they were impartial, there were even Irish politicians calling as well as thousands of emails demanding a charge being brought. Just thinking of Stephen Avery and claims made the DA was under pressure to bring a charge, also he met the victims family ( and rightly so) a lot more that the persons of interest so he was hearing their side of the story a lot. Just claims the defence will make to say there may have been an inherent bias in the investigation from the outset. I'm not saying there was....just thinking that is an angel a defence will use.

Truth seeker would you please supply a link to the laser device that detects fingerprints. Id like to see if it is accepted in US courts and if so, where its application has been used.

Thank you for telling us about it and looking forward to the links you suggest we read.

yes of course LE here have a very good track record of bringing air tight cases to trial....the record of mistrials, overturned convictions, people on death row exonerated, the existence of the 'innocence project', the multitude of wrongful charges, body searches and excessive force used by some LE in racial profiling cases, the contaminated crime scenes and misplaced evidence leading to trial collapses....the list goes on and on....but if you have seen the full investigation brief and know 100% they investigated the possibility of self defence as well as murder then they should have an air tight case. So air tight of course they wouldn't need to throw in the manslaughter charge to give the jury another option to murder. I don't think the reference to her 'curling her hair' was being made that night in particular, it was said the following day when they were questioned (allegedly). Her being attractive or not is totally irrelevant.

Do we know for sure that they were only interviewed once? I find that really hard to believe somehow.
If they got what they needed in the first interview, subsequent interviews would be deemed unnecessary especially if it was thought the accused would attempt to change their stories.
There was just 1 victim, and two people admitted to killing him.

Truth seeker would you please supply a link to the laser device that detects fingerprints. Id like to see if it is accepted in US courts and if so, where its application has been used.

Thank you for telling us about it and looking forward to the links you suggest we read.
Is there evidence to suggest the prosecutor acted incorrectly?

yes of course LE here have a very good track record of bringing air tight cases to trial....the record of mistrials, overturned convictions, people on death row exonerated, the existence of the 'innocence project', the multitude of wrongful charges, body searches and excessive force used by some LE in racial profiling cases, the contaminated crime scenes and misplaced evidence leading to trial collapses....the list goes on and on....but if you have seen the full investigation brief and know 100% they investigated the possibility of self defence as well as murder then they should have an air tight case. So air tight of course they wouldn't need to throw in the manslaughter charge to give the jury another option to murder. I don't think the reference to her 'curling her hair' was being made that night in particular, it was said the following day when they were questioned (allegedly). Her being attractive or not is totally irrelevant.

Of course we have not seen the investigation reports, as you know, or should do, if you have read most of posts on here, we only have what is presently in the public domain. KateB set up a wonderful thread to hold all the links to articles, autopsy, ME report, Search Warrants, etc, etc. It is quite a handy reference point http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2015-Media-Links-Documents-Only-No-Discussion

Now, can I get back to one particular question I have asked you on a number of occasions which I have yet to see it replied to, if you have replied I apologies but would appreciate it if you could point me towards that reply. You said that the "Pulled Hair" was taken from Jason's hand, where did you get that from?

I do believe that when we quote a source, we provide a link. May we have a link to a reputable source in regard to the comment about MM?

I would truly like to read about the laser lifting process. I'd like to know if its admissible in US courts and when it's been used. Would you please help,since you obviously have read up on this topic.

I can't say with any certainty why they have been charged with both levels; I had assumed that it may be that they wanted a backup due to having charges against an individual involved in LE. I, personally, would hold an FBI agent in high regard and they may have been trying to balance this out. This is just an opinion.

Giving two charges gives prosecution two opportunities to put them in prison. It gives the jury options. It's all good.

It took over 5 months for LE to bring charges. They did not rush to prosecute or dismiss the case. There is no evidence that LE did anything but a through job.

I do know NC has laws that they must supply the defense with all their discovery. So her attorneys know exactly what they face. The autopsy is a doozy. The two weapon situation is also.

The children were interviewed while they were still in MM's custody I believe. Had they even seen the Irish relatives? So if the children did not support her stories of DV that may be insurmountable.

We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already posted a good link on accessory injuries to attempted strangulation. You have chosen to ignore it. It did not include finger printing of a neck.
Do you have evidence of 'bombardment' of DA office? I doubt DA has issued public statements to this effect.

Of course we have not seen the investigation reports, as you know, or should do, if you have read most of posts on here, we only have what is presently in the public domain. KateB set up a wonderful thread to hold all the links to articles, autopsy, ME report, Search Warrants, etc, etc. It is quite a handy reference point http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2015-Media-Links-Documents-Only-No-Discussion

Now, can I get back to one particular question I have asked you on a number of occasions which I have yet to see it replied to, if you have replied I apologies but would appreciate it if you could point me towards that reply. You said that the "Pulled Hair" was taken from Jason's hand, where did you get that from?

The only reference to 'pulled hair' that I'm aware of is in Jason's autopsy as items preserved. I assumed the medical examiner pulled it for testing.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-9004-ab4f0fd6315f/56904fdd5e38f.pdf.pdf

DISPOSITION OF CLOTHING AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
The following items are released with the body
None.
The following items are preserved as evidence
Pulled hair; blood card; ring

The only reference to 'pulled hair' that I'm aware of is in Jason's autopsy as items preserved. I assumed the medical examiner pulled it for testing.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-9004-ab4f0fd6315f/56904fdd5e38f.pdf.pdf

None.
I wonder whether further drug testing was carried out on this hair sample?
Many drugs have a very short half life and are undetectable in blood post mortem, but traces may be found on hair analysis. This information has not been made public yet

None.

Which is where I was looking, I could find no reference to pulled hair being found in JC hand. I read back over it to make sure I was not missing something being found in his hand. I assume as you do that it was pulled by the ME for testing.

Craig Nelson MD signed the autopsy and the samples for the toxicology came from him. But the toxicology report only references samples of blood, urine, and something from Jason's eye. Nothing on hair but I wonder if the pulled hair might be standard protocol just for evidence to the identification of who the autopsy was done on, then. IDK.

Toxicology: http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-533d-86af-032964d7a959/56907dd0b0680.pdf.pdf

I already posted a good link on accessory injuries to attempted strangulation. You have chosen to ignore it. It did not include finger printing of a neck.
Do you have evidence of 'bombardment' of DA office? I doubt DA has issued public statements to this effect.

Yes this occurred re bombarding the DAs office. I seen this referred to many times on the J4J where supporters were encouraged to email the DAs office on a daily basis to enquire about arrests and charges etc. Just looked online to see had the press picked up on it but guess they didn't as I couldn't find anything. I didn't think much of it at the time to be honest other than that the DA would be very annoyed at his inbox being clogged daily!. I know how frustrating it is to have to sift through a lot of emails daily to find the priority ones and if i received hoardes of emails of this nature the red mist would be descending. Other Urgent mail and emails containing important info can get swallowed up and missed v easily. If it were just the Corbett family contacting him with enquiries I don't see anything wrong with that, they are the victims family, he of course would communicate with them I'm sure and reassure them but a bit bizarre canvassing for the public at large to do it.

Hi everyone. First time poster here on this topic. After reading much of the thread I get the impression that there is a general feeling that this is clear cut, I.e. Overkill based on him moving to Ireland with the kids and she freaking out and her Dad intervened. But there are a lot of things that don't add up for me. <modsnip> There is no doubt it wasn't a happy marriage but that is not motive enough for murder. The real clue for me is the autopsy.....the finger injuries....if you were trying to kill someone why strike their fingers? The hand injuries were to the back of his hands, defence injuries are usually to the palm of the hands. Repeatedly striking the fingers implies to me someone trying to get him to release his grip on something....the middle finger had a number of bruises, if someone was choking me I'd pull at his fingers to get the hand to release....with my free hand I'd pick up whatever was on a bed side locker and strike him on the face ( fracture nose). Blood was also found under his nails and toenails which happens when you get your fingers caught in a door, so someone was hitting those fingers pretty hard. Most of the torso injuries are abrasions (scratches) which would match someone being pinned down scratching him to get him off. He was 160 lbs heavier than her. Plus autopsy removed pulled hair, whose hair was it? Either he pulled out his own hair ( highly unlikely) or it was hers? If TM came into the room, saw her pinned to the bed with naked JC choking her, he hits him on the hands, hits the fingers, hits the legs, this does not get the man off her, then strikes twice at close range to the head....could a man 25 years younger, 100lbs lighter been able to move him without such force? I don't know. I'm playing devils advocate here as most of the comments thus far haven't mentioned the very strange hand/finger injuries. Why didn't he fight back? If your life is in danger the body kicks into fight or flight mode; he did neither. Is that because he was choking her? A San Diego study of 600 strangulation victims showed 50% showed no visible signs of injury. The levels of drug in his system would not have rendered a man of his size unconscious. That drug however can be dangerous when mixed even with low levels of alcohol, clinical trials showing patients reporting mood swings and erratic behaviour including inexplicable rages. And then the kids testimony, defence are particularly keen on getting the Children's Services reports on what the children had to say. Perhaps they witnessed something earlier in the day, maybe they mentioned pervious rows that were had. In one of Mollys posts she references New Years Eve two years ago where she says she 'tries not to remember the bad things of that night'...whatever that means. I'm swaying more towards the involuntary manslaughter charge, a lot of the motive 'evidence' is circumstantial statements given by the Irish inlaws in a custody battle, there have been no impartial witnesses so far that have backed their claims ( teachers, neighbours etc). Maybe she was a lot of things, but murderer? And the Dad taking the rap? I'm not yet convinced. We have heard a very one sided version from the DA and have yet to hear the defences claims. I think they will be pretty explosive. So any thoughts on the pulled hair and finger/hand injuries id be interested in hearing them. The victim of course did not deserve to loose his life and don't mean to sound callous or insensitive. Just trying to flip this story to the other side and see if any of their claims do stand up especially in the autopsy report.

I must admit I was baffled by your medical terminology which I suspect was intentional. I contacted a friend of mine that does have medical knowledge to go through it with me to see if your claims had any substance. Together we decided if you were taking the finger injuries and unexplained abrasions alone into consideration without any other autopsy facts or character analysis yo u may have a point
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/222365300326784712/ Here are different areas of the skull
The right frontal, bilateral parietal, left occipital, and left temporal scalp has confluent, pinkcontusion/ecchymosis. On the right side of the forehead is a 1 x 1", raised, purple ecchymosis withoverlying 7/8 x 3/4", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion and 3/4", linear, superficial, redabrasion. On the right temporal region is a 1 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. On theright parietal scalp is a 3 1/2 x 2 5/8" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness, lacerationwith partial avulsion. The branches individually range from 1/2" to 2" in length. There is underminingaround the wound up to 1" in depth. The edges have abrasion and tissue bridging is evident. Skullfractures are visible in the depths of the wound. Inferior to this wound, on the right parietal-occipitalscalp, is a 1 1/4", linear, vertically oriented, partial-thickness laceration with tissue bridging andminimal undermining. On the right occipital scalp is a 1/4 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion

On the left frontal hairline is a 1", curvilinear, superficial, red abrasion with a background of pinkcontusion. In the left frontal scalp is a 2", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with two superficial,1/2", jagged extensions; it has undermining of up to 1" on its lateral side. Just lateral to this fullthickness laceration is a 1/2" jagged, partial-thickness laceration. On the left parietal scalp is a 6 1/2 x4" coarsely stellate, complex, branched, full-thickness laceration with partial avulsion. The branchesindividually range from 3/4" to 2" in length. Anteriorly, it has is undermining to a length of 2";posteriorly, there is undermining to a length of 1 7/8". The laceration has extensive tissue bridging. Onthe left temporal scalp is a 2 1/4", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with slight marginal abrasionand with evident tissue bridging. It has inferior undermining to a depth of 3/4". On the left occipitalPage 2 of 8 F201507355 26 August 2015 17:55region is a 1 x 3/4", irregular, superficial, red abrasion.The inferior right orbit has a 2 x 1 1/2" area of raised, purple ecchymosis. Within, overlying the inferiororbital ridge, is a 1/2", curvilinear, superficial, laceration. Also, there is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular,superficial, red-orange abrasion. The nasal bones are palpably fractured. No other facial fractures arepalpable. On the right side of the bridge of the nose is a 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, purple contusion, withinwhich is a 1/2 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. On the tip of the nose is a 5/8 x 3/8",irregular, purple contusion

Jason was hit with a weapon to the front side and back of the head. How can you explain the injuries to the front (which seem to the most extensive) if indeed Jason was strangling molly and wouldn't let go. He had abrasions which could also be from the paving stone/brick as it has an uneven rough surface or as you are trying to say were scratch marks, there is no evidence provided to say how these abrasions came about only that they were epidermal.

On the right upper gums is a 7/8 x 3/8", irregular, red and purple ecchymosis bruising to the mouth again consisted with a blow to the front of the face

On the right side of the chest are a few scattered, irregular, superficial, red abrasionsranging from 1/16" to 3/8" in greatest dimension; these may be in association with the previouslydescribed defibrillator pad. On the right lateral chest is a 3 x 1/2", roughly curvilinear, superficial, redbrown,abrasion. On the right lateral abdomen is a 2 1/2 x 1 1/2" irregular area of discontinuous, pinkecchymoses = bruising

the abrasions again mentioned scratches or uneven surface of landscaping stone?

On the superior aspect of the left shoulder is a 1 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion.On the mid upper back is a 1 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, superficially abraded, pink-purple contusion. Inferiorto it is a 1 3/8 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, pink abrasion. On the right upper back is a 1 1/4 x 3/16",linear, pink contusion.

These are only on the surface of the skin could they be post mortem to back up the self defence claims? To me if somebody was choking my daughter and I came from behind with a bat I most certainly would be hitting as hard as I could and do a lot more than superficial damage.

Now your bug bear the injuries to the hands specifically finger 2 and 3 of the left hand
: On the dorsum of the right hand is a 1/4 x 1/8", irregular, superficial, red abrasionwithin a 1/2 x 3/8", irregular, blue contusion. On the dorsum of the right 3rd finger are three irregular,superficial, red abrasions measuring 1/16", 1/8", and 1/8" in greatest dimensions. The right arm has nopalpable fractures.
These injuries are again superficial they are not as extensive as you made them out to me

: On the dorsum of the left forearm are a 1 1/4 x 1", irregular, pink contusion and a 1 x3/4", irregular, pink contusion. On the dorsum of the left hand and 2nd and 3rd fingers is a 5 x 2 1/2",irregular, raised, pink and purple ecchymosis. The left arm has no palpable fractures.
I disagree that defensive wounds are mostly on the palms . It is true if the victim is trying to grab a sharp object example a knife that there would be wounds to the palms but trying to grab a bat or landscaping stone wouldn't have they same effect as trying to grab for a knife . To me this doesn't sound as if the fingers were being pulled back. I would say they were repeatedly hit with an object again its my observation of the situation based on the evidence we have at hand as the autopsy doesn;t go into detail about their findings other than it is homicide
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/d9/e8/65/d9e865a87659b315b2f1005c0d234ec6.jpg

: On the medial aspect of the right thigh are a 2 1/8", linear, superficial, red abrasionflanked by multiple punctate, superficial, red abrasions. On the right shin is a 1 x 1", irregular, poorlydefined, pink contusion. On the lateral aspect of the right knee is a 2 x 1", irregular, pink contusion. Onthe dorsum of the right 4th toe is a 1/4 x 3/16", irregular, superficial, red abrasion. The right leg has nopalpable fractures.LEFT LEG: On the anterior aspect of the proximal left thigh is a 4 x 3", irregular, pink-blue-purplecontusion, within which is a 4" linear, red component. The left leg has no palpable fractures.

The injuries here are consistent with being hit from the front . The shin the thighs the knee the dorsum of the toe all in the front. But he was being attacked from behind?
The calvarium hascomminuted, jagged fractures, most extensive on the right parietal region underlying the large,aforementioned laceration. However, fractures also extend through the left parietal bone. Thin, nondisplacedfractures extend through the occipital bones. Jagged fractures extend through the middlecranial fossae and sella turcica, creating a hinge fracture. Additionally, there are comminuted fracturesof each middle cranial fossa and of the cribriform plate.In each temporal region, the dura is peeled from the skull and there is a thin film of epiduralhemorrhage. Also, there is a thick film of diffuse subdural hemorrhage. Thick subarachnoidhemorrhage is on each lateral cerebral hemisphere and there is diffuse, thin basilar subarachnoidhemorrhage. The cerebellar hemispheres have patchy, irregular, focally thick subarachnoidhemorrhage.The ventral frontal lobes have patchy, irregular, contusions measuring up to 1/2" in greatest
Jagged fractures Im wondering if this is consistent with a landscaping brick being the weapon as it may have an uneven surface a piece may have broken off and become jagged ? Jagged is inconsistent with a bat

Im sorry all these abrasion,contusions,bruising,fractures they took time. Are you trying to say Jason never released his grip the whole time he was being beaten to death ? Are you trying to say Molly could have been strangled for that long without any markings hoarsness or any kind of physical evidence of this . Was Jasons blood and tissue found under her fingernails from these abrasions that are all over Jason body . I have never seen evidence there was . My conclusion is Jason was attacked from the front and the back. His injuries are consistent with this , I do not know why he didn't retaliate . Maybe thats the kind of man he was how do I know . I think its very sad that he is dead and his families loss and there are people out trying to ruin his reputation and have accused him of every thing from tax evasion being violent and killing his first wife .I do believe character will come into this case. Molly in my opinion has shown she is not afraid to say what she feels she isn't afraid to stand up for herself I just do not see her as a victim of dv her strength and character is too strong I don't know her personally so she may be different to my assessment I feel she may have been too involved in with kids lives and maybe Jack rebelled as he was getting older and that might explain the alleged incidents. I know we all want to stay involved in everything our children do but this is a natural progression unfortunately. I don't know how Tom heard the argument from the basement and Sharon didn't . If she did why not call 911 ? I don't know why a landscaping brick would be on a "nightstand" as ye say in America. I don't know why Tom would say the bat was new if it wasn't. I don't know why they would change their plans suddenly and not arrive till 8.30pm . So they decided not to leave till 3pm ? I don't know why there would be tradozone in Jason system when its not recommended with people for heart conditions. Did he know about them did he have medical checks at work? Why did Molly and Mike try to access his office? Why try gain custody the very next day? Why did Mike try to organise a funeral without any input from Jasons family? Why ring insurances compaines to find out about a policy ? Why withdraw large amounts of money from bank accounts? Lastly my biggest bug bear Why totally erase your husbands life and show absolutely no remorse for his death . Im sorry if there are spelling mistakes or repeat questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx