GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not evidence Hotchips.

Also, assuming they were bombarding the office with emails, someone would be delegated to deal with read, sort and report for each case, so it's not a matter of someone important being distracted from their job by all these annoying emails. It is someone's job - not the DA, but someone who reports to the DA.

Also, assuming they were bombarding the office with emails, someone would be delegated to deal with read, sort and report for each case, so it's not a matter of someone important being distracted from their job by all these annoying emails. It is someone's job - not the DA, but someone who reports to the DA.
I have notice the word 'bombard' being used by those who believe Martens to be justified in their actions.
I have not noticed it in either official reports, court transcripts or media.
i suggest we ban it until the dA is at least rushed to hospital suffering from acute bombardment (dont know how to use the squiggly things properly or I would add a giggle)

I have notice the word 'bombard' being used by those who believe Martens to be justified in their actions.
I have not noticed it in either official reports, court transcripts or media.
i suggest we ban it until the dA is at least rushed to hospital suffering from acute bombardment (dont know how to use the squiggly things properly or I would add a giggle)

I suggest we find out who was organizing the bombardment.

This "bombardment" thing is nothing new in the US. Every day, someone wants someone else to write an email protesting something that offends them. It can be really petty stuff at times. I doubt there is a public official in any town or city that hasn't been "bombarded" on some issue every now and then. In my community, it's closing an elementary school. I get bombarded with emails asking me to bombard the school board. Last month it was the location of a bike trial. In that case the school Board was asking us to bombard the Park Board.

Just saying....

Couple of things I've been curious about...

Has the amount of life insurance on Jason ever been published? Was Molly the beneficiary of any of the policies?

The house was purchased before their marriage. Does this mean Jason's estate still owns half or did Molly stand to own the house in its entirety as a joint tenant with right of survivorship?

Are either of these known?
Thank you in advance.

Thanks for compliments it was good to see from another angle. I must thank my friend that was able to help me understand the extent and to picture Jason's battered body. I suppose it will be good for the prosecution to have some understanding as to what the defence is likely to say ... We have a saying here in Ireland . The wise man can play the fool but the fool can never play the wise man ..

Couple of things I've been curious about...

Has the amount of life insurance on Jason ever been published? Was Molly the beneficiary of any of the policies?

The house was purchased before their marriage. Does this mean Jason's estate still owns half or did Molly stand to own the house in its entirety as a joint tenant with right of survivorship?

Are either of these known?
Thank you in advance.

As far as I am aware it's a third for each of the children and a third for Molly . She is named on the house deeds so I don't know legally what would be her entitlement 1/3 each or 1/2 Molly 1/4 for each of the children

So either a sleepover or her parents arrived unexpectedly which delayed the collecting of the children at a reasonable hour?
What time do kids go to bed in August in USA?
Yes, its more likely it was a planned sleepover.

How far away was the house? Did it involve a car journey?
Was Molly fit to drive following social occasion earlier?
Could this be an explanation for the row that erupted?
Assuming he did indeed await their retirement, would that be more likely to be 1am or earlier?

Most at of my American friends allow their kids to stay up later when school is out. 1am does seem late though. In my opinion the kids were probably put to bed not long after coming home from the friends house. I still wonder why the kids were picked up. Did the party need at 11? That part of the timeline does not make sense to me.

Most at of my American friends allow their kids to stay up later when school is out. 1am does seem late though. In my opinion the kids were probably put to bed not long after coming home from the friends house. I still wonder why the kids were picked up. Did the party need at 11? That part of the timeline does not make sense to me.
I cant say for sure but the rumor is that the children were attending a function. Molly unexpectedly decided to collect them t either 11 or 11.30pm.
it is assumed that the collection was unplanned, but she did it in an act of -possibly defiance- who knows? Children were 8 and 10 at the time, I think.. thats why I was wondering what time bedtime would be either at the social function or back home afterwards.
It was described as an impetuous gesture.. possibly an argument about who gave them permission, and maybe Jason did, but she had not been consulted... thats just a guess.
!!pm seems late for a children's party, does it not?

I cant say for sure but the rumor is that the children were attending a function. Molly unexpectedly decided to collect them t either 11 or 11.30pm.
it is assumed that the collection was unplanned, but she did it in an act of -possibly defiance- who knows? Children were 8 and 10 at the time, I think.. thats why I was wondering what time bedtime would be either at the social function or back home afterwards.
It was described as an impetuous gesture.. possibly an argument about who gave them permission, and maybe Jason did, but she had not been consulted... thats just a guess.
!!pm seems late for a children's party, does it not?

11pm does seem late for a kids party to end. My guess is the kids were planning on spending the night. They lived in a planned community. In my experience planned communities are usually young families with children. I wonder if while having beer with neighbors earlier the children were invited to spend the night with a neighbor kid. When did Molly's parents decide to visit? Was Molly upset the children were not home to visit with your parents? Was that why she picked them up? I know it's reported TM brought the bat as a gift for J. What was Sarah's gift?
I find it hard to believe they would bring a gift for Jack and not Sarah.

11pm does seem late for a kids party to end. My guess is the kids were planning on spending the night. They lived in a planned community. In my experience planned communities are usually young families with children. I wonder if while having beer with neighbors earlier the children were invited to spend the night with a neighbor kid. When did Molly's parents decide to visit? Was Molly upset the children were not home to visit with your parents? Was that why she picked them up? I know it's reported TM brought the bat as a gift for J. What was Sarah's gift?
Good thinking..
what kind of people live there? would it be a close knit community? Everybody knowing everybody else quite well or merely polite neighbors?

Good thinking..
what kind of people live there? would it be a close knit community? Everybody knowing everybody else quite well or merely polite neighbors?

I live about an hour north from Davidson county. In my county people are very close. Many are related. I would guess it was a close community. Kids would go to school together, participate in sports together, and spend many hours in each other's company. Evidence to my believe, is the friends that continue to stand by Molly. The coaches, teachers and friends that were devastated to see J and S move back to Ireland.

I live about an hour north from Davidson county. In my county people are very close. Many are related. I would guess it was a close community. Kids would go to school tougher, participate in sports together, and spend many hours in each other's company. Evidence to my believe, is the friends that continue to stand by Molly. The coaches, teachers and friends that were devastated to see J and S move back to Ireland.
would they be aware of the marriage problems, her spending habits?
I was not aware of any friendships they had as a couple or individually.. I knew jason was very popular but I assumed molly was 'distant' from people.. just based on previous posts here, mainly.

would they be aware of the marriage problems, her spending habits?
I was not aware of any friendships they had as a couple or individually.. I knew jason was very popular but I assumed molly was 'distant' from people.. just based on previous posts here, mainly.

I really don't know. Jason was loved by his employees, I would guess he belonged to a golf group. From what is presented in regards to Jason, is he was a lovable guy. From what I have read on Molly's social media. She wanted to be seen as the perfect mother. She was a stay at home caregiver. She probably had more contact with teachers, coaches and playmates. Being that Jason worked to provide for them. Again from what I have read on social media, parents of the kids friends at least in the beginning supported Molly. In my opinion, Molly painted a life of perfection. I would be surprised if playmates, teachers, or coaches knew of the trouble brewing at home. She did want the kids to call her Mom. That is a selfish act to me. Mags is their Mom. She still wants people to see her as the mother, the victim, the one that lost so much that awful night. Molly's actions after Jason's horrific death show her true character.

Tom's assertion that he brought the bat for Jack as a gift, during an unscheduled trip, with no gift for Sarah, is full of holes. Especially considering a bat was used to murder Jason. I think he concocted this story without thinking it through.

Another thing that lingers in my mind: Was there a claim that the paver stone used in the attack was laying around the bedroom, being used for a school project? Jason was pronounced dead on August 2. I don't believe school had started yet!

IMHO

Tom's assertion that he brought the bat for Jack as a gift, during an unscheduled trip, with no gift for Sarah, is full of holes. Especially considering a bat was used to murder Jason. I think he concocted this story without thinking it through.

Another thing that lingers in my mind: Was there a claim that the paver stone used in the attack was laying around the bedroom, being used for a school project? Jason was pronounced dead on August 2. I don't believe school had started yet!

IMHO

There are so many holes in the story. Has anyone been able to put a timeline together of the days leading up to Jason's murder?

Playing the devils advocate here, but the stone might have been a finished project. One the kids made years before, that they did not place outside. That is the only logical reason a paving stone would be in a bedroom, in my opinion. You are correct school had not started yet.

I really don't know. Jason was loved by his employees, I would guess he belonged to a golf group. From what is presented in regards to Jason, is he was a lovable guy. From what I have read on Molly's social media. She wanted to be seen as the perfect mother. She was a stay at home caregiver. She probably had more contact with teachers, coaches and playmates. Being that Jason worked to provide for them. Again from what I have read on social media, parents of the kids friends at least in the beginning supported Molly. In my opinion, Molly painted a life of perfection. I would be surprised if playmates, teachers, or coaches knew of the trouble brewing at home. She did want the kids to call her Mom. That is a selfish act to me. Mags is their Mom. She still wants people to see her as the mother, the victim, the one that lost so much that awful night. Molly's actions after Jason's horrific death show her true character.

Seemingly one of his great passions in life was golf (& rugby), he was a member of a golf club. His locker at the club was searched, it is detailed on the Search Warrants. As this was the same time as the other searches I got the impression that they were dotting their i's & crossing their t's in their search for a baseball bat. MM commented on her page that they were looking for a golf club, she only refereed to it as a 'I don't know why they want a golf club', she was referring to the Guardian searching her house. My opinion of this was the people in the area would have got wind of the search and she was trying to pass it off that the guardians were looking for a golf club.

Edit - The search of the locker was actually on 18th August, not the time of the search of the house as I implied above, sorry. There were not actual items detailed on the warrant, it was requested to find anything which could relate to the crime. The warrant was however at the same time they issued the warrants for the wireless records, AT &T. The searches for google were instructed on 4th September and the search of the property was issued on 4th December. Bank search warrants were 17th September. Laptop search warrant was on 3rd September. Facebook was on 4th September.

Also, her own Lawyers stated that all the neighbours thought that the children were her natural children.

“The children were living a good life, I saw a number of Mother’s Day cards, drawings of the family. All the neighbours believed Molly was their natural mother.”

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/129601/US-wife-of-slain-Limerickman-misses.html

The statements that neighbors believed Molly was the children's mother are bothersome to me. Mags died. She did not chose to leave her children.

Were the children allowed to talk about her? Were they allowed to ask questions about her? Were they allowed to tak about her to teachers and friends. I lost my father at a very young age. As a child it comforted me to talk about him, ask questions, and hear stories of his life. Did Molly allow the children that comfort? Or was Mags memory forbidden?

How were the children told of Jason's death? Were they given the oppuntunity to speak to their grandparents, uncles, or aunts? In my opinion after a such a tragic loss, speaking to a favorite family member would have brought comfort to the children. Did Molly allow that comfort?

Molly's character will be challenged in the upcoming trial. Her behavior in regards to Mags Corbett and after Jason's death (IMHO) does not describe a DV. It describes a selfish woman, who thought only of her own needs.

Seemingly one of his great passions in life was golf (& rugby), he was a member of a golf club. His locker at the club was searched, it is detailed on the Search Warrants. As this was the same time as the other searches I got the impression that they were dotting their i's & crossing their t's in their search for a baseball bat. MM commented on her page that they were looking for a golf club, she only refereed to it as a 'I don't know why they want a golf club', she was referring to the Guardian searching her house. My opinion of this was the people in the area would have got wind of the search and she was trying to pass it off that the guardians were looking for a golf club.

Edit - The search of the locker was actually on 18th August, not the time of the search of the house as I implied above, sorry. There were not actual items detailed on the warrant, it was requested to find anything which could relate to the crime. The warrant was however at the same time they issued the warrants for the wireless records, AT &T. The searches for google were instructed on 4th September and the search of the property was issued on 4th December. Bank search warrants were 17th September. Laptop search warrant was on 3rd September. Facebook was on 4th September.

Also, her own Lawyers stated that all the neighbours thought that the children were her natural children.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/community/129601/US-wife-of-slain-Limerickman-misses.html

hadn't seen that article before Frizby and I am giggling and wondering whether once seen can ever be forgotten? Whats with the 'gleuten- free pancakes@ and what is with 'my best friends', bearing in mind it was early days and all.. it does appear OTT.
A question- would a golf club be heavier than a baseball bat?
I am not a mother, but she does seem to be laying a pretty heavy trip on 2 very young and very vulnerable minds, doesn't she?

I dont know when children are allowed access to facebook- over 18s?
If thats the case she would be well aware that the children would not be reading them.
Who was her target audience , in that case?
why did she never once mention their father in her messages to whoever?

Edit- Please see Frizby's original post as some important edits have been made/

hadn't seen that article before Frizby and I am giggling and wondering whether once seen can ever be forgotten? Whats with the 'gleuten- free pancakes@ and what is with 'my best friends', bearing in mind it was early days and all.. it does appear OTT.
A question- would a golf club be heavier than a baseball bat?
I am not a mother, but she does seem to be laying a pretty heavy trip on 2 very young and very vulnerable minds, doesn't she?

I dont know when children are allowed access to facebook- over 18s?
If thats the case she would be well aware that the children would not be reading them.
Who was her target audience , in that case?
why did she never once mention their father in her messages to whoever?

A golf club club is much lighter than a baseball bat. Many children do have Facebook. I believe it is for 14 and older. I could be wrong. I have friends with 10 year olds with Facebook accounts. Molly's post seem over the top, I find very little truth to her stories. I have seen people post look how happy the children were in pictures. Pictures do not always show a true glimpse into someone's life. I have pictures of smiling kids, some were taken with pure joy and some where smiles were faked. I posted a picture not to long ago. The majority in the picture were thrilled. One was faking a smile, he was in trouble at the time.

I believe her target audience was friends, the Corbett', really anyone that would believe she was the perfect caregiver and a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne