GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they would not be making much of a profit on it though even with that price tag if it is mortgaged. however, at their age, i suspect it is not mortgaged. FBI retirement lump sums maybe help fund it? Even though tom was working at oakridge, I believe he was officially retired from the FBI and working on a contract basis. some retirement funds can be quite lucrative depending on what they were paying into. in terms of jason investing... im not sure about this. I mean he was well off but not a millionaire. After paying cash for the house in NC and whatever savings he would have made from his employment, to invest in a property of that price, he would need to invest a tidy sum for it to be worth his while. i dont see how he would have that type of money plus he if he wanted to move back to Ireland, i doubt he would have invested in more property in the US but rather save funds for a move back to Ireland. It was in 2013 that MM allegedly confided in his friend LS about enquiring about divorce. same year this house was purchased. I would nearly put money on it LS told him about this conversation or at least informed his family so it would be an odd move to invest in more property esp with his inlaws. There would be a paper trail anyway if he did,. he would have to be recorded somewhere as a beneficial owner if he did indeed give them money towards this purchase. now we know how their lawyers will be paid!

Rental properties in US have very favorable tax benefits. We had one for that reason in a vacation area for many years. It is really not a tax advantage to pay off mortgage because the interest payments on the mortgage are all tax deductible.

Consider also the rental fees for TM's house...all of which offset the mortgage while you build equity.

Season 3 Day Weekly Monthly Turn Day
2016 Off Season (4/2/2016 - 5/27/2016)
$1,755.00 $2,795.00 N/A Saturday
2016 Summer Holiday (5/28/2016 - 7/1/2016)
$2,025.00 $3,245.00 N/A Saturday
2016 Summer Holiday (7/2/2016 - 7/8/2016)
$2,235.00 $3,595.00 N/A Saturday
2016 Summer Holiday (7/9/2016 - 8/26/2016)
$2,235.00 $3,595.00 N/A Saturday
2016 Off Season (8/27/2016 - 11/18/2016)
2016 Fall Holiday (11/19/2016 - 11/26/2016)
2016 Off Season (11/27/2016 - 12/16/2016)
$1,275.00 $1,995.00 N/A Saturday
2016 Winter Holiday (12/17/2016 - 1/6/2017)

I'm no math whiz but averaging the rental weeks to $3000 even if they only rent for half the year....they could make about $75,000 income toward mortgage. Also since its considers a "business" there are certain other expenses related to renting that are tax deductible.

Years ago, in college, there was a silly game we played about a maniac on a bridge murdering an unfaithful wife. There were multiple other characters in the story all connected to the wife. The question was...who was most responsible for this death; who was the least? There were no right or wrong answers ...but insights into each of the game players were revealed by whom we choose.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Wake.jpg
    Wake.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 66
Love it! This was about an unfaithful wife crossing a river to see her lover. When she tries to get home, there's a maniac on the bridge. She attempts to hire a boat but hasn't enough money. The boat owner refuses her. She tries to get money for help from a variety of others all who turn her down and so she tries to cross the bridge and is murdered. I used to be torn between blaming her (personal responsibility) and/or her moralistic best friend who denied help. I always thought the unsuspecting husband was the least to blame.

Great find !! Huge price tag. Im curious to know would Jason have invested in this also. In mm facebook pictures lots of holidays were spent here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Again, not knowing all the facts of the case as I am going back and reading a few pages at a time. I was curious about the fact that JC allegedly loaned the Martins $80,000 back in 2011 detectives learned. Did JC actually make the loan or did MM somehow make the loan w/o JC knowing? JC said his wife's spending was going crazy. If the Martin's needed cash infusion in 2011 how could an approx $750K mortgage be attained 24 months later in 2013? Maybe JC did invest, with or w/o his knowledge. Again, I am out on a limb here just throwing some thoughts around.

I agree that she loved the kids, and regardless of how curated those photos on her FB are, the kids genuinely look happy and as if they enjoyed great activities with her. So they probably loved her in return, even if she was scary and unpredictable sometimes. Kids are pretty unjudgmental about parents, so I'm sure they did love her.
However, what would a loving committed stepmother do in her circumstances, if Jason had died unexpectedly of natural causes/ car accident? She's entitled to feel defensive about her financial security if he was the breadwinner, and she's entitled to feel protective of the children she raised for most of their childhood... now the family guardians are proposing to take the children to another country. Surely the most productive and positive thing she could do is negotiate peacefully with the new guardians, explain and demonstrate how much she loves the children and how much the children rely on her for their security. In normal circumstances, an aunty who is grieving for her brother, and confronted with the prospect of guardianship of two small children, would welcome the fact that a stepmother is keen to take at least some responsibility for their upbringing.
If the stepmother lied, encouraged the children to be secretive, made nasty backhanded comments "to" the children on FB knowing the guardians are the ones reading it ("remember I always told you smoking is bad" was one of the milder ones) and tried to cut her husband's grieving family out of the children's lives, I think the family would be very concerned and proactive about securing custody. More so than if she willingly cooperated with them to maintain stability for the children.
Reading back through my post I realized I had a lot of spelling and punctuation issues and I'm sorry.[emoji20]

What if the kids were biologically hers? Would there have been such a huge push to get them away from her? MM actually spent more time with them than Mags did. I'm a little peeved that Jason's family is implying and posting that Jason and Mags are now together again watching over their beloved children. How can they doubt he would genuinely fall in love with someone else after his wife died?
Let's pretend his second wife didn't kill him. Would they be so quick to get the kids?
If they saw so many signs of abuse while Jason was still alive, why did they wait until he was dead to make claims to authorities? That ticks me off! If I personally saw my nephew being in the sink situation as the way it was transcribed, someone would have a black eye. There's no way I'd wait until my brother was dead to say anything. Imo

I'm no math whiz but averaging the rental weeks to $3000 even if they only rent for half the year....they could make about $75,000 income toward mortgage. Also since its considers a "business" there are certain other expenses related to renting that are tax deductible.

If not mortgaged, thats a tidy income for retirees to be but not for much longer for them. Maybe it is mortgaged, but would a bank loan people of retirement age that amount of money? However, as its for sale now, the liquidating of assets has begun, something has to pay for their lawyers and I think this is it. I havent found any other of their properties on the market. They have three others or is it two? their family home in knoxville and another property (perhaps the condo in Knoxville MM and KM lived in) . I must check again to see if there are anymore.

Ashley
Did you know? You may be able to qualify for a lower rate and reduce the monthly payment.
Calculator provided by Trulia
Price $799,000
Down Payment $159,800 (20%)
Loan Amount $639,200
Loan Type 30 Year Fixed3.49%
Get your personal rate

Now thevMartems purchased the house in Feb. 2013. Interesting the $80,000 is about half of what the bank would require for a down payment. I wonder if Uncle Mikes wife...the realtor...suggested around the time of the wedding that this might be a good investment and such fun for kids...and they'd start looking ...took awhile to find the right house and clear the mortgage.

If not mortgaged, thats a tidy income for retirees to be but not for much longer for them. Maybe it is mortgaged, but would a bank loan people of retirement age that amount of money? However, as its for sale now, the liquidating of assets has begun, something has to pay for their lawyers and I think this is it. I havent found any other of their properties on the market. They have three others or is it two? their family home in knoxville and another property (perhaps the condo in Knoxville MM and KM lived in) . I must check again to see if there are anymore.

Loans are harder to get these days. But with excellent credit and a sizable down payment...plus other assets...like their primary home and that condo and the fact that the rental,property has very good income potential...yes, I believe they would indeed get the loan.

Reading back through my post I realized I had a lot of spelling and punctuation issues and I'm sorry.[emoji20]

What if the kids were biologically hers? Would there have been such a huge push to get them away from her? MM actually spent more time with them than Mags did. I'm a little peeved that Jason's family is implying and posting that Jason and Mags are now together again watching over their beloved children. How can they doubt he would genuinely fall in love with someone else after his wife died?
Let's pretend his second wife didn't kill him. Would they be so quick to get the kids?
If they saw so many signs of abuse while Jason was still alive, why did they wait until he was dead to make claims to authorities? That ticks me off! If I personally saw my nephew being in the sink situation as the way it was transcribed, someone would have a black eye. There's no way I'd wait until my brother was dead to say anything. Imo
I believe stephendoddy already addressed your comments on the children and the custody case.
We are trying to assemble facts through sleuthing, they are thin on the ground.
Jason's family rarely post anything at all.
The support group is administered by supporters, not family.
I think Jason and Mag's relationship was a real love affair.. they idolised eachother until her tragic death. It was mutual, both sane and both working together for their little family.
Jason was extremely traumatised following her death.
If you read past posts you will find your questions have been addressed already.
You dont actually know what actions they took and you dont know they took none either.

You are omitting the rage killing. If my brothers wife and father had beaten my brother to death with multiple weapons AND had not a bump or scratch on either one of them...I would move heaven and earth to take those children. Because rage leading to horrific loss of control...leading to murder...is not a safe environment for those children. In fact, if I were Sharon and loved those children...I would put them first, knowing the long, troubled, chaotic history of my daughter.

I suggest you read the book on life with MM by Keith Maginn "Turning this Thing Around" to understand the severity of her pyschiatric problems and consider that after killing their Father, the TWO things came together to be intolerable for the safety of the children. I repeat, if I left our puppy with my Sister-in-law and came home to find it a beaten, bloody broken corpse...and she said..."it bit me" but hadn't a mark...I don't think I recommend her for pet- sitting....much less the constant care of a dog of her own ever again.

Love it! This was about an unfaithful wife crossing a river to see her lover. When she tries to get home, there's a maniac on the bridge. She attempts to hire a boat but hasn't enough money. The boat owner refuses her. She tries to get money for help from a variety of others all who turn her down and so she tries to cross the bridge and is murdered. I used to be torn between blaming her (personal responsibility) and/or her moralistic best friend who denied help. I always thought the unsuspecting husband was the least to blame.
Maybe the husbands daily action make him culpable. Maybe he needed to be more intuitive. Maybe help clean the house. Maybe...... Maybe she needed to cross the river and husband didnt sense the need :)

You are omitting the rage killing. If my brothers wife and father had beaten my brother to death with multiple weapons AND had not a bump or scratch on either one of them...I would move heaven and earth to take those children. Because rage leading to horrific loss of control...leading to murder...is not a safe environment for those children. In fact, if I were Sharon and loved those children...I would put them first, knowing the long, troubled, chaotic history of my daughter.

I suggest you read the book on life with MM by Keith Maginn "Turning this Thing Around" to understand the severity of her pyschiatric problems and consider that after killing their Father, the TWO things came together to be intolerable for the safety of the children. I repeat, if I left our puppy with my Sister-in-law and came home to find it a beaten, bloody broken corpse...and she said..."it bit me" but hadn't a mark...I don't think I recommend her for pet- sitting....much less the constant care of a dog of her own ever again.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. However, reading the book again won't change the point I was making on my post.
The family saw problems early on and did nothing.
I didn't "omit the rage killing." I simply hadn't gotten that far. My point is that it shouldn't have happened. If I witnessed my brother's wife doing something terrible enough to be brought up against her publicly, I wouldn't wait to bring it up after he was killed.

I think if she had been the biological parent it would have been harder for them; but i have no doubt they would have still tried to get custody. JC did not hit his head and die accidentally, he was beaten mercilessly and with a great deal of rage. I know I would fight tooth and nail if it were my niece and nephew. As to why TL and others did not notify the authorities about MM's actions I would have assumed that they raised concerns with JC and he dealt with them - IMO.

As regards JC and MC, for all we know they were soulmates. Their families say so, their friends say so. I would think that the fact JC posted a memorial to MC each year - which he signed 'your always loving husband, Jason' says a lot about how much he loved her.

don't forget there is about a $1M estate at stake here ... and both sides each feel they should have it..IMO

MM's past and missing years is important to the case. I believe the Prosecution will produce a timeline that show MM's true character. As far as Jason's family not doing more, before Jason's death, I understand. Family issues are hard. I have no doubt they brought their concerns to Jason. I believe he was trying to rescue his children. His attempts to protect his children led to his death.

I have ordered KM's book. I look forward to reading it and rejoining the conversation. From what I have been able to read, he several years ago gave each of us an inside look into how Molly acted the night she killed Jason.

Perhaps that's why it has been alledged that Jason was leaving and taking his kids. Maybe he couldn't take her abuse anymore. Certainly there are witnesses to her verbal abuse ...fat shaming. Maybe he could not allow this go on with the kids either anymore. Who knows what these kids witnessed from mm especially in the days leading up to and after their fathers murder. As for Jason's family. We are only getting snippets from Tracey Lynch testimony. We could hear at trial that they had tried to intervene or talk to mm or Jason about their concerns.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member