GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully they are . The custody case is over . They children won't be returned , the best she could have hoped for was contact and IMO she hasn't done a great job in building bridges . None of us know what she was like to live with , from Keith's account it was tense and desperate when it was bad . I'm not saying it was all bad of course there were good times too but legally she has no claim to the children what so ever . We have already made the decision collectively not to discuss as they played no part in the murder they are innocent . They have lost such much already in their lives and have been used and exposed enough . IMO
Agree. Let's look at facts. She has shown what violence she is capable of its written all over the body of the Victim. There is a specific type of person that is capable of that much violence. There are also the type of people out there thankfully that would never inflict those injuries to another person no matter what the circumstances.

if we look at all the crimes where someone is actually in a life or death situation and defending themselves there are many cases where they weren't capable of that level of violence even when their life depended on it

It's inside you or its not. It is in mm in my opinion as it was in Jodi Arias and I wouldn't allow either to care for a child, no matter well meaning they are.

What lies beneath is question. Not what the outward orchestrated illusion we are witness to.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So, we have a woman who loves her family life style. Who loves the children that she's taken on the as her responsibility as her own.
Can we, as WS-ppl, possibly consider that she wanted the best for her step-kids?
I don't think so.
However, (I know I'll get busted for this), I honestly feel that she thought she was doing what the kids-HER kids wanted her to do.)
Jack and Sarah nerd to be with whomever will make them flourish. Imo

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think it is absolutely possible that Molly loved the kids and the lifestyle they had. I am struggling to understand though, how the children's happiness is dependent on the murder of their father? Is your point (and this is a serious question, not an attack) that Jack & Sarah somehow wanted their father dead?

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Jack & Sarah needing to be with people who make them flourish, who love and protect them and who will ensure their future is bright. Three judges and multiple agencies have now decided that the best people to do that are David and Tracey Lynch.

I have been looking at articles on violence with bipolar. I am shocked at how many spouses have spoke up about violence and rage being a symptom that is affecting their marriages. I believe mm is bipolar so every symptom out there is a possibility she may or may not have had one or all of the many symptoms in August last year. Here is one article that talks about the rage/violence. Keeping in mind Jason's autopsy would suggest rage killing. In my opinion.

https://www.sharecare.com/health/bipolar-disorder-symptoms/is-violent-behavior-bipolar-disorder

I have been pondering the bipolar angle once again, given the genetic link,and a thought had struck me. Obviously Sharon is an educated and professional woman, perhaps if the bipolar came from her side, the fact that she managed her illness successfully and fell into the 'high functioning' category, but Molly (by all accounts that we have to hand) struggled with her own illness, could this have led to friction between the two? Keith does state her parents had become 'exasperated' at her behaviours. Could Molly's final act of destruction be the final straw for Sharon? Is this why she has been conspicuously absent from court proceedings? Just speculation of course but interested that she is not more involved in the case.

So, we have a woman who loves her family life style. Who loves the children that she's taken on the as her responsibility as her own.
Can we, as WS-ppl, possibly consider that she wanted the best for her step-kids?
I don't think so.
However, (I know I'll get busted for this), I honestly feel that she thought she was doing what the kids-HER kids wanted her to do.)

I believe that MM loved the lifestyle that she was living. I am of the view that she saw it as something she deserved and was entitled to. She seems to have whitewashed how she came to be able to enjoy this lifestyle from existence which is what is annoying to many.

As for her doing what is best for the children, in her mind she probably does think that. We have to remember we are talking about an individual who suffers (or in her opinion previously suffered) with bipolar. We have to look at actions and who has shown themselves to be acting in the best interest of the children. We know that as part of the custody case TL and DL put forward information which included counselling for the children to deal with the loss of their father. I cannot recall any counseling being arranged by MM (I could be wrong about this) in fact, in MM's mind, the children were happy, content and getting ready for school within weeks of JC's death and the only upset they felt was being taken away from her. This is ridiculous to me. Their father had died, regardless of how, they would have been extremely upset not planning school lunches.

We can also look at who has tried to preserve the rights of the children. MM who has published openly private details about the children, looked to fly banners over Limerick and engaged in radio interviews where she, quite frankly, asked strangers to approach the children to let her know that she loved them. TL and DL along with their maternal and paternal families have posted very little - I think there was a Mayor's dinner where they were presented with books of condolences for their father and a Star Wars evening (again, could be wrong but this is all I can recall).

I have been pondering the bipolar angle once again, given the genetic link,and a thought had struck me. Obviously Sharon is an educated and professional woman, perhaps if the bipolar came from her side, the fact that she managed her illness successfully and fell into the 'high functioning' category, but Molly (by all accounts that we have to hand) struggled with her own illness, could this have led to friction between the two? Keith does state her parents had become 'exasperated' at her behaviours. Could Molly's final act of destruction be the final straw for Sharon? Is this why she has been conspicuously absent from court proceedings? Just speculation of course but interested that she is not more involved in the case.

I had thought that maybe the defence were trying to keep her out of the public eye. Hope that people would forget that she was there. TM has been a federal agent for many years and would have training on how to compose himself and deal with high stress situations. MM has shown herself (IMO) to be quite capable of weaving her own 'reality' which she is able to stick to. Maybe SM is the weak link. The one who may breakdown and say something wrong, who may forget the script.

All my own opinion.

So very true!
Is Sharon's behaviour that of a woman facing the autumn of her life with a daughter who has killed and a husband who will spend their hard earned cash and his reputation trying to save her yet again? She was after all apparently the person who made that call to Jason's brother to announce Jason's death and that there had been an accident. She is an intelligent woman, surely she would have known there would be an autopsy and investigation? And we also have pictures of her on what appears to be a recent trip to Gibraltar. Was this to get away from what's going on. No court appearances, she removes her facebook page, goes on holiday and stays silent.

Has she learned the truth about that night? Is she as horrified as everyone else?

So very true!
Is Sharon's behaviour that of a woman facing the autumn of her life with a daughter who has killed and a husband who will spend their hard earned cash and his reputation trying to save her yet again? She was after all apparently the person who made that call to Jason's brother to announce Jason's death and that there had been an accident. She is an intelligent woman, surely she would have known there would be an autopsy and investigation? And we also have pictures of her on what appears to be a recent trip to Gibraltar. Was this to get away from what's going on. No court appearances, she removes her facebook page, goes on holiday and stays silent.

Has she learned the truth about that night? Is she as horrified as everyone else?

Exactly! I think it is obvious that the Martens felt that Molly had reached a very contented period in her life, SM often posted on FB about what a wonderful mother her daughter had become and she referred often to the children as her grandchildren. They must have been happy that Molly had finally gotten a handle on her life.

Sharon must have realised that her life as she knew it ended that night also. She is facing a potential future alone, with her husband and only daughter behind bars, her reputation in tatters and no contact with two children she loved. It is interesting to ponder how she may be processing this, although of course, I suppose we should not forget, Uncle Earnest is from her side of the family so possibly it is a defense tactic. Push Molly and Tom to the fore and all focus will remain on them.

I have wondered about Sharon as well. MM was her only daughter. For years, must have seemed, by the standards of this educated family, that MM had fallen through the cracks. She gotten accepted into a fine school, Clemson, but did not graduate, probably stayed a year. My guess is that condo was bought to give her some independence to MM and Sharon some distance from the rages and mood swings that frustrated her. For years, according to KM, they are supporting an adult daughter, who therefore is never really "independent." Why wasn't Sharon or Tom at the pyschiatric hospital when MM was admitted? Where were her parents? Why did it fall to a boyfriend to be her only support?

Maybe this wasn't her only hospitalization. Maybe having to enter the pysch Ward had become routine so the family did not feel the need to provide her emotional support.

Jason must have seemed like a godsend to them. Well off, successful, and bringing two perfect children into their lives. I do believe, as TM's lawyers say, that they had a good relationship with him. I'm still curios whether he added that basement suite to the house FOR THEM? Suddenly, their troubled failure of a daughter was a suburban housewife in a pretty golf community. Once they got past her tantrum at the expensive wedding (that Jason mostly paid for)...she could finally stop being an embarrassment to them. They could post pretty pictures.

I think they care a lot about their "stature" among their friends.

In fact I think TM and SM wanted to KEEP Jason. I think they dreaded MM being their problem again. I think they returned late that day to try to "manage" her again. I believe, as one of you smart people posted, that JC might have summoned them, not MM.

In my opinion, TM is taking the blame, playing the fixer, because ...at the very base of this, as always, the family is a ashamed of her and are trying to save face.,"This is one of the finest families" Uncle Mike boasts in public statements.

As if their "social stature" mattered more than the heinous crime in this case.

I don't think so.

I agree that she loved the kids, and regardless of how curated those photos on her FB are, the kids genuinely look happy and as if they enjoyed great activities with her. So they probably loved her in return, even if she was scary and unpredictable sometimes. Kids are pretty unjudgmental about parents, so I'm sure they did love her.
However, what would a loving committed stepmother do in her circumstances, if Jason had died unexpectedly of natural causes/ car accident? She's entitled to feel defensive about her financial security if he was the breadwinner, and she's entitled to feel protective of the children she raised for most of their childhood... now the family guardians are proposing to take the children to another country. Surely the most productive and positive thing she could do is negotiate peacefully with the new guardians, explain and demonstrate how much she loves the children and how much the children rely on her for their security. In normal circumstances, an aunty who is grieving for her brother, and confronted with the prospect of guardianship of two small children, would welcome the fact that a stepmother is keen to take at least some responsibility for their upbringing.
If the stepmother lied, encouraged the children to be secretive, made nasty backhanded comments "to" the children on FB knowing the guardians are the ones reading it ("remember I always told you smoking is bad" was one of the milder ones) and tried to cut her husband's grieving family out of the children's lives, I think the family would be very concerned and proactive about securing custody. More so than if she willingly cooperated with them to maintain stability for the children.

Exactly! I think it is obvious that the Martens felt that Molly had reached a very contented period in her life, SM often posted on FB about what a wonderful mother her daughter had become and she referred often to the children as her grandchildren. They must have been happy that Molly had finally gotten a handle on her life.

Sharon must have realised that her life as she knew it ended that night also. She is facing a potential future alone, with her husband and only daughter behind bars, her reputation in tatters and no contact with two children she loved. It is interesting to ponder how she may be processing this, although of course, I suppose we should not forget, Uncle Earnest is from her side of the family so possibly it is a defense tactic. Push Molly and Tom to the fore and all focus will remain on them.

What I wanted Know is can Sharon be charged ? Depending on the outcome of the trial and if they can establish that maybe there was a delay in calling the Emt or she had any involvement in the crime or hiding information from the police when she was questioned ? I know she can't be made testify against Tom but she can be made testify her version of events

She can be made to testify against her daughter...as Cindy Anthony was.

I think she could certainly be a target of the wrongful death suits if she participated, as we speculate, in delaying the call to the EMT.

What I wanted Know is can Sharon be charged ? Depending on the outcome of the trial and if they can establish that maybe there was a delay in calling the Emt or she had any involvement in the crime or hiding information from the police when she was questioned ? I know she can't be made testify against Tom but she can be made testify her version of events

Maybe accessory after the fact? She cannot be called to testify against TM but she can be made testify against MM and I think that is more important.

From the book...so you all can read. Even after the Pysch Ward hospitalization, "it all seemed extremely UNSAFE to me."

"Seemingly out of the blue, Mary (Molly) began talking one night about moving to Ireland."

From the book...so you all can read. Even after the Pysch Ward hospitalization, "it all seemed extremely UNSAFE to me."

"Seemingly out of the blue, Mary (Molly) began talking one night about moving to Ireland."

Thank you very much. Gives a much better insight into what KM was dealing with when she got really bad. So at first she wanted KM to move to Ireland with her but he was pragmatic about it.

Does KM specify when he moved from the parents' condo? I know in the article he states that he contacted TM and SM to get info on MM when she first arrived in Ireland and that they were not helpful. But doesn't really say anything about his living situation after she left. It seems to me to be that once KM had outlived his purpose they had no need for him and it was all about MM again. Very similar to how they seem to care very little about the way JC ended up.

All my own opinion.

Thank you very much. Gives a much better insight into what KM was dealing with when she got really bad. So at first she wanted KM to move to Ireland with her but he was pragmatic about it.

Does KM specify when he moved from the parents' condo? I know in the article he states that he contacted TM and SM to get info on MM when she first arrived in Ireland and that they were not helpful. But doesn't really say anything about his living situation after she left. It seems to me to be that once KM had outlived his purpose they had no need for him and it was all about MM again. Very similar to how they seem to care very little about the way JC ended up.

All my own opinion.

It doesn't specify but they still own it as far as I can see from this link it's not on the market . http://www.city-data.com/knox-county-tn/B/Berlin-Drive-3.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3