GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyers would only be allowed to invest them in so far as putting the money in say a bank account, he would not be allowed to play fast and loose with the money on the stock market. The courts would also be allowed to do this, in fact they would be required to do this. Any money earned on such money in a bank account would belong to the beneficiaries. Same as if you are buying a house and you lodge money with your lawyer, they must (well in Ireland anyway) set up a client bank account, and provide a statement of said account showing all interest accruing to the owner.
I went through two testamentary trusts in NC... Funds held in trust can be invested... Molly's case may be different but I'm seeing this as somewhat of a punishment for her...

I went through two testamentary trusts in NC... Funds held in trust can be invested... Molly's case may be different but I'm seeing this as somewhat of a punishment for her...

Funds held in trust maybe in so far as the trustees are taking the risk as defined in the trust documentation, like for a pension fund, the perimeters of such investment would be stated in said trust documents, but not for benefit funds when the money is held until such time that legalities and paperwork is sorted in order to make payment. Strange sort of practice if a lawyer is allowed to play with clients money until he can pay it. He is only holding the money until he can pay it out under law. Lawyers in Ireland would never get away with investing money outside what it stated in any trust document.

Funds held in trust maybe in so far as the trustees are taking the risk as defined in the trust documentation, like for a pension fund, the perimeters of such investment would be stated in said trust documents, but not for benefit funds when the money is held until such time that legalities and paperwork is sorted in order to make payment. Strange sort of practice if a lawyer is allowed to play with clients money until he can pay it. He is only holding the money until he can pay it out under law. Lawyers in Ireland would never get away with investing money outside what it stated in any trust document.
They can't spend money outside of trust documents but they can deposit the funds in a brokerage account with diversified assets... All in the name of the beneficiary...

The sheer depravity of the accused murderers is becoming clearer. I can't imagine the suffering Jason's family has endured. The latest info regarding insurance money and the amount involved $600,000 is IMHO a motive for murder. No wonder there was such a flurry of action immediately after Jason's death. The family Martens didn't waste time in trying to perpetrate a cover up of Jason's murder. When I read about what they put his family through by trying to gain custody of Jason's children, attempting cremation of his remains, cleaning out bank accounts and trying to access his work place-a picture of greed presents itself. Imho

I don't believe she had access to insurance funds unless her estate lawyers were giving her access to funds which would be completely negligible. The funds would have after a while been paid over to be held on trust by her estate lawyers. Once the insurance co seen the cause of death on the death certificate, it would have been red flagged immediately and more info sought from her lawyers and most probably the police as well. The reasoning IMO behind ordering the monies be paid to the court is to avoid any further potential arguments about the funds between the parties. Better for the funds to be held on neutral ground so to speak than with either party's lawyers.

Thanks for the clarification . I hope you are right and the money hasn't been used for lawyer fees or anything else.

To be honest this is all very technical it's vaugely worded unless you knew the ins and outs of what was happening.. It isn't clear whether or not she has been using monies potentially payable to the estate. This must be costing a fortune ... In saying that I agree with pet friend there were very swift actions taken by the Martens family. In my opinion these were not the actions of a woman that loved her husband or was happy in her marriage ... Even after losing custody of the children she proclaims to love she still takes and takes and isn't punished . The first order in September 2015 Molly agreed not to remove any tangible property . She violated this order. The Corbetts launched an appeal because of her removing property from the house not because of insurance policies or cars or bank accounts or anything else .

I have increasingly begun to believe that Truth matters little in our Justice system. What matters is knowing how to game the law. And money buys the best "gamers."

We do not have a common interest to see that crime does not pay, that the grieving receive justice for their loss. It is one thing to say that the accused deserve a fair trial. It's another to manipulate the jury pool through cleverly crafted media sound bites.

For example, the Martens arrived at the house around 8:30PM. At around 3:AM, on the 911 call, we hear TM ask MM, "Was he drinking?" The answer is relayed from MM..."He was drinking this afternoon."

The answer was NOT..."OMG...he was a raging drunk? Why do you think we beat him so viciously."

Now...if he was "drinking in the afternoon"...and neither of the accused were aware of him drinking AFTER THAT...as is proven by the 911 call...how could he have been a raging drunk as the attorneys claim...at 3AM?

The media campaign to twist the real facts and undermine the Truth has begun. Grab the popcorn.

My opinion only.

I have increasingly begun to believe that Truth matters little in our Justice system. What matters is knowing how to game the law. And money buys the best "gamers."

We do not have a common interest to see that crime does not pay, that the grieving receive justice for their loss. It is one thing to say that the accused deserve a fair trial. It's another to manipulate the jury pool through cleverly crafted media sound bites.

For example, the Martens arrived at the house around 8:30PM. At around 3:AM, on the 911 call, we hear TM ask MM, "Was he drinking?" The answer is relayed from MM..."He was drinking this afternoon."

The answer was NOT..."OMG...he was a raging drunk? Why do you think we beat him so viciously."

Now...if he was "drinking in the afternoon"...and neither of the accused were aware of him drinking AFTER THAT...as is proven by the 911 call...how could he have been a raging drunk as the attorneys claim...at 3AM?

The media campaign to twist the real facts and undermine the Truth has begun. Grab the popcorn.

My opinion only.

When was the Martens' time of arrival at Jason's home verified? I thought it was one of the big mysteries that had not yet been validated.

My opinion only.

I didn't get from the 911 call that TM asked MM about the drinking, when I played it, it appeared to me that his response was immediate. The person at the call centre asked had he been drinking, TM seemed to immediately respond saying, "Em, yes, he had been drinking during the course of the day". Doesn't appear to be any gaps in his reply, not to me anyway.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-all-over-i-may-have-killed-him-34345914.html

I didn't get from the 911 call that TM asked MM about the drinking, when I played it, it appeared to me that his response was immediate. The person at the call centre asked had he been drinking, TM seemed to immediately respond saying, "Em, yes, he had been drinking during the course of the day". Doesn't appear to be any gaps in his reply, not to me anyway.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-all-over-i-may-have-killed-him-34345914.html

You are correct. I just listened to the call again. I apologize. But it's 3AM. "Drunkeness" only comes up in a response...and TM gives almost a "lawyerly" reply. He doesn't say..."He was drunk." He dodges. He doesn't name drunkeness as the cause of the "donnybrook." I wonder if we will find out when JC....really died...and how much time elapsed till this call was placed? That will be key to the credibility we can give to this call.

Jason appears to have been in bed...he's naked. What does..."throughout the day" mean...when the man may have been in bed for hours? Do the children know if he was in bed when they got home from the neighbors? Maybe that is part of the maniacal quest to keep the children under their control? Just speculating as always.

When describing what happened..TM does not mention Jason being "drunk"...he does not mention drunkeness.

I do notice the the "I hit him with a bat" like it was one time, and no mention of the battering with the brick. The professional calm. I couldn't react this way if I'd beaten a DOG I knew to death...much less a son-in-law whose home I regularly camped out in.

It's infuriating. God bless the Corbett family who have to endure this.

I'm sure the prosecutors will have plenty to convict. We are only hearing lawyer spin. As for the time, it's been in posts before. Maybe there's a link where it was first stated.

Let's see what we learn in court. We have already seen disregard for civil law in the GreedGrab. We are learning a lot about these Martens. And much more to come.

I think this is good news . She will no longer be able to use the money. Its actually nearly unbelievable they paid out. I know that Tom said he was the one that hit Jason but it would still be classed as homicide and should have been investigated into before paying out. Unless they contacted police they wouldn't have known Tom admitted to it and I'm sure they would have also mentioned that his wife was also a person interest in the case. This has always puzzled me .
They would have to have seen a death certificate.

The fact that over 5,000 pages of information in addition to many discs have been turned over to the defense, speaks to the fact the investigation is being thoroughly put together. No wonder the defense is trying to discredit rulings and make it seem that their victim blaming has merit. What is known about Jason's murder is the brutality as a result of a blitz attack. I refuse to believe Jason would partake in violence for many reasons, chiefly his love for his children & his integrity.

This interview sickens me. Where is Jason's voice. I hate that only Molly's side is being reported. Only Jason suffered injuries, horrible injuries that led to his children being orphans. Both Molly and Tom look smug in the video.
I too am horrified...... I hope to God an american jury can see pass this charade.... I am actually beyond words... its a farce... God love the Corbett Family the day to day suffering must be desperate since 2nd August. IMO

I too am horrified...... I hope to God an american jury can see pass this charade.... I am actually beyond words... its a farce... God love the Corbett Family the day to day suffering must be desperate since 2nd August. IMO

Like any jury, they will reach a verdict based on the evidence presented at trial, not on what is in the mainstream media or social media.

Klass’ decision to stay essentially means that Davidson County Clerk of Superior Court Brian Shipwash’s order not be enforced at this time, Holton said. The motion to stay surrounds an appeal to Shipwash’s order. There is no court date set for the appeal.
not so good

I think Judge Klass ordering the stay can be viewed as a positive for the Corbett's, it goes against Molly's lawyers assertions that the judiciary in Davidson County are biased against them. The judge has moved to protect the greatest assets for the estate (ie the money) to ensure that it cannot be used inappropriately - Molly would need to sell an awful lot of dinner plates to pay for the same kind of defense $600,000 would have gotten her! And the decision to allow her to retain the rest of these (more sentimental) items until her appeal is heard only highlights that the judges here are dealing with it in a fair and balanced manner.

I think Judge Klass ordering the stay can be viewed as a positive for the Corbett's, it goes against Molly's lawyers assertions that the judiciary in Davidson County are biased against them. The judge has moved to protect the greatest assets for the estate (ie the money) to ensure that it cannot be used inappropriately - Molly would need to sell an awful lot of dinner plates to pay for the same kind of defense $600,000 would have gotten her! And the decision to allow her to retain the rest of these (more sentimental) items until her appeal is heard only highlights that the judges here are dealing with it in a fair and balanced manner.
It needs to be read in the context of the documents forMarch 7, stevendoddy posted the link yesterday. Its v lengthy.

I posted about this yesterday but I think its also a deliberate attempt to push the state's budget.
If so, its unforgivable.
As well as being nonsense.
Realistically a defence will not disclose their arguments pre trial.
The game is on and there is only one player.

I posted about this yesterday but I think its also a deliberate attempt to push the state's budget.
If so, its unforgivable.
As well as being nonsense.
Realistically a defence will not disclose their arguments pre trial.
The game is on and there is only one player.

One of the things I've noticed among many are comments made inferring that somehow Jason's children are still potentially available for a change in custody. Can someone clear this up for me? Thank god Jason's children are in Ireland with family & friends concerned about their health & well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx