GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Dr. Make a diagnosis of any kind?

A diagnosis does not equate to evidence? Evidence can be provided without any formal diagnoses. I would point out that a therapist is not best placed to make any medical diagnosis but can clearly give evidence in respect of information provided.

If we look at the diagnosis given by Dragonfly House, the children were diagnosed as suffering from child abuse due to witnessing domestic violence. When asked on the stand who perpetrated the domestic violence Amy Huttle stated she could not say, it wasnt her job.

All IMO

You know I've been reading the autopsy s first few paragraphs on an off over and over since yesterday. And every time I read it I feel a little sicker and a little more sad. I know this is absolutely and utterly key evidence for the case but every word of it strips a little bit more of the man behind it away. And we can forget in a second this was a father and a brother and a son and he laughed and went to work and met with friends and loved and was loved.

The trial starts Monday and I'm reminding myself moving forward here of the man behind the camera who now is the man behind the autopsy and the smear campaign. I thought if his picture is brought forward to our pages we might remember why we all came here for and keep him in mind in these coming days and weeks.

Rip Jason P Corbett
e15cd1f9a8c93d8bc09e26071e2b03f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this beautiful but heartbreaking post. Yes, this is the "man behind the camera" ...thats how I think of him too. Yours is the perfect post to,keep in front of us throughout the trial.

Body markings: On the lateral aspect of the left lower leg is a black tattoo of Asian characters. Inferior
to the umbilicus is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular, hypopigmented and pink, apparently healing scar.

This answers our question about the staples after the gallbladder surgery Jason had and whether the surgery was close to the time of the the murder.

Umbilicus the area at or around the bellybutton Jason had a healing scar. I think it's highly likely this was his post surgery scar, the fact it was healing denotes that it was relatively new. Suggests laparopic surgery

Moo

I was confused by this as they stated it was hypopigmented which (all thanks to google) would suggest it had gone whitish. I thought that meant it might have been more healed than i originally thought. My search on healing scar said it could be considered healing for up to a year.

Deffo agree on laparopic surgery rather than open.

I was confused by this as they stated it was hypopigmented which (all thanks to google) would suggest it had gone whitish. I thought that meant it might have been more healed than i originally thought. My search on healing scar said it could be considered healing for up to a year.

Deffo agree on laparopic surgery rather than open.
Never thought of that but may be the hypopigment has something to do with postmortem? Body would be paler?

Never thought of that but may be the hypopigment has something to do with postmortem? Body would be paler?

To be fair i was confused by hypopgmented and pink. I couldn't understand white and pink at the same time - maybe it was a pale pink? I just thought it was my lack of knowledge which would be straightened out during the trial. As i have said before, medical, not my forte.

All IMO

Can i ask we fast forward through the weekend. So jury selection starts Monday? How long will this take to go through the 300+ people being called. When will the actual trial get underway?

A diagnosis does not equate to evidence? Evidence can be provided without any formal diagnoses. I would point out that a therapist is not best placed to make any medical diagnosis but can clearly give evidence in respect of information provided.

If we look at the diagnosis given by Dragonfly House, the children were diagnosed as suffering from child abuse due to witnessing domestic violence. When asked on the stand who perpetrated the domestic violence Amy Huttle stated she could not say, it wasnt her job.

All IMO
As far as I know, the Dragonfly House interviews were the only ones conducted to diagnose and treat the children for Child Abuse from Witnessing Domestic Violence. I believe it is only diagnostic medical records that are allowed under the hearsay exception rule. I think it is based on the level of expertise involved and the belief that patients are honest with their doctor. IMO

As far as I know, the Dragonfly House interviews were the only ones conducted to diagnose and treat the children for Child Abuse from Witnessing Domestic Violence. I believe it is only diagnostic medical records that are allowed under the hearsay exception rule. I think it is based on the level of expertise involved and the belief that patients are honest with their doctor. IMO

I'm sorry, that is not how law works, not how evidence for trials works. We do not disregard evidence at will. A therapist can give evidece on what she was told, this is medical evidence. If the children had been sent to Dragionfly House for the reason you suggest why were they not interviewed by a forensic interviewer? why were they simply interviwed by a paediatrician? We are dealing with children giving evidence so the threshold is different. And, regardless of everything, JC has recanted his statement. Why do you not think the Judge would take heed of this?

All IMO

Can i ask we fast forward through the weekend. So jury selection starts Monday? How long will this take to go through the 300+ people being called. When will the actual trial get underway?

I know I said it on previous thread, but it will be interesting if, as the trial unfolds, the lawyers for each defendant, start to look to incriminate the other defendant in an effort to get their own client off. As I said before, no lawyer likes to lose - it is bad for business.

That's a lot of jurors. I think it might take several days, maybe a week or more. They will begin with a questionnaire I think and then attempt to reduce the pool that way. Then they will interview candidates. IMO

It really can vary.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/06/14/jury-selection-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin/

How long did it take to pick juries in various trials?

CA V. OJ SIMPSON

· First-degree murder

· More than one month

CA V. SCOTT PETERSON

· First-degree murder (death penalty)

· 12 weeks

CT V. JOSHUA KOMISARJEVSKY

· 5 months

ME V. MARK STRONG SR.

· Promoting prostitution

· 4 days (over 4 weeks)

FL V. CASEY ANTHONY

· First-degree murder

· 2 weeks

I know I said it on previous thread, but it will be interesting if, as the trial unfolds, the lawyers for each defendant, start to look to incriminate the other defendant in an effort to get their own client off. As I said before, no lawyer likes to lose - it is bad for business.

I was of the belief that if the trials had been seperate this woud have been their route of choice. With the joint trials and both stating to LE they had struck JC i had thought this les likely. However, anything may be possible. If anything i see TM taking the fall.

All IMO

It really can vary.

How long did it take to pick juries in various trials?

CA V. OJ SIMPSON

· First-degree murder

· More than one month

CA V. SCOTT PETERSON

· 12 weeks

CT V. JOSHUA KOMISARJEVSKY

· 5 months

ME V. MARK STRONG SR.

· Promoting prostitution

· 4 days (over 4 weeks)

FL V. CASEY ANTHONY

· First-degree murder

· 2 weeks

Urgh that was my concern. It could still be a long time before a trial actually begins, i would assume that the defence may reapply for a change of venue depending on what happens during jury selection. The Cooper Harris trial recently sprintgs to mind. Could set the actual trail back months.

All IMO

It sure would and let's not forget in the early days very early days mm story was she did nothing tm did it all. She was posting FB that we would all see that she wouldn't be arrested because she did nothing, her friends were rallying around tm and his heroic deeds. At the time of her arrest j did wonder would some supporters think again. It was a tm trial in the beginning and I think she was sure that's how it would continue.

MOO

That's a lot of jurors. I think it might take several days, maybe a week or more. They will begin with a questionnaire I think and then attempt to reduce the pool that way. Then they will interview candidates. IMO

So to reduce a pool from 300+ to 12 jurors and, at most, 12 alternates. It could be a while before opening statements

I was of the belief that if the trials had been seperate this woud have been their route of choice. With the joint trials and both stating to LE they had struck JC i had thought this les likely. However, anything may be possible. If anything i see TM taking the fall.

All IMO
I agree that TM will put it all on himself however the one that has "red abrasions" on their hands was most likely wielding the brick. IMO

All IMO

True, but wirh a joint trial, as it unfolds, will one lawyer seek to sell out the other lawyers client, to get a better deal for their own client? IMO that can happen when two people are chatged with the same crime and it looks lile they arr both going down.

Urgh that was my concern. It could still be a long time before a trial actually begins, i would assume that the defence may reapply for a change of venue depending on what happens during jury selection. The Cooper Harris trial recently sprintgs to mind. Could set the actual trail back months.

All IMO
jesus i hope not the corbett family have waited two years. family members would be travelling over for the trial surely they wouldnt keep them there for months without any trial starting

It sure would and let's not forget in the early days very early days mm story was she did nothing tm did it all. She was posting FB that we would all see that she wouldn't be arrested because she did nothing, her friends were rallying around tm and his heroic deeds. At the time of her arrest j did wonder would some supporters think again. It was a tm trial in the beginning and I think she was sure that's how it would continue.

MOO

Absolutely, until the search warrants were relased there was no mention of MM taking any part.

All IMO

Because this is not a death penalty case, and those questions do not need to be asked, that might move things along a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3