GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There wouldn't be blood flow to the wound postmortem. Heart not pumping blood to the wound. If the pathologist noted this and it comes up in court it would be a closed case in my opinion

Moo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
Sorry I'm tired I basically repeated what you said emmalpage😴😴

Kitty, Truthalways would wounds postmortom be easily to distinguish. Do they not colour differently due to the lack of blood flow?

Would this not show which wounds were carried out post mortem?

All IMO

It all depends upon the skill of the pathologist and they dont come cheap.. the edges of a wound behave differently in a living being and those behaviours can be detected under microscope.. sometimes bleeding occurs externally and is visible, sometimes internally and puts pressure on another organ causing that to behave dangerously.. and tiny little clotting agents are released to seal the wound.. in a living being..
Also tissue will start to repair itself, called granulation.. in a living being but not in a dead person..

These changes are all tiny micro microscopic and need v speciallised eyes
does that help any?

<modsnip>one has legal precedent whereas the other doesn't. One could delay the trial, the other expedite the proceedings. <modsnip>

Im not going to argue with you over and back that is not what I am here for . It is in your opinion that one has precedent and the other doesn't . You have no idea what evidence will be introduced by either side . Yes the defendant has right to a fair trial but a deceased victim also has the right to Justice

Could we ponder that perhaps MM & TM had no marks on hands from using that brick. Maybe the third adult in the house had marks on their hand that went unchecked. Again what was Sharon Martens roll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That rolls good.
Also, if the entire murder was actually premeditated, they possibly would have worn gloves..
The perpetrators state that Sharon was in the bedroom, a marymead said.. what was she doing?

I'm sorry, that is not how law works, not how evidence for trials works. We do not disregard evidence at will. A therapist can give evidece on what she was told, this is medical evidence. If the children had been sent to Dragionfly House for the reason you suggest why were they not interviewed by a forensic interviewer? why were they simply interviwed by a paediatrician? We are dealing with children giving evidence so the threshold is different. And, regardless of everything, JC has recanted his statement. Why do you not think the Judge would take heed of this?

All IMO
Statements for Purposes of Medical Diagnosis or Treatment. - Rule 803 Hearsay exception (4). ..."reasonably pertinent to diagnosis or treatment". It's not selectively disregarding evidence at will. and that's all I'm saying. IMO

You know I've been reading the autopsy s first few paragraphs on an off over and over since yesterday. And every time I read it I feel a little sicker and a little more sad. I know this is absolutely and utterly key evidence for the case but every word of it strips a little bit more of the man behind it away. And we can forget in a second this was a father and a brother and a son and he laughed and went to work and met with friends and loved and was loved.

The trial starts Monday and I'm reminding myself moving forward here of the man behind the camera who now is the man behind the autopsy and the smear campaign. I thought if his picture is brought forward to our pages we might remember why we all came here for and keep him in mind in these coming days and weeks.

Rip Jason P Corbett
e15cd1f9a8c93d8bc09e26071e2b03f0.jpg

The best post if the day. Let's keep our minds always focused on the victim. Justice for Jason.

Cast-off*- results when an object swung in an arc flings blood onto nearby surfaces. This occurs when an assailant swings the bloodstained object back before inflicting another blow. Analysts can tell the direction of the impacting object by the shape of the spatter (tails point in the direction of motion). Counting the arcs can also show the minimum number of blows delivered.

Blood and brain matter found on the walls of the master bedroom, suggesting in this article that it was the second or subsequent swings of the weapon that causes it to happen.

http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/blood/principles.html

With the court case beginning next week, we prepare for the defence teams claims to back up the self defence scenario, some of which have been flimsy to date to say the least. But however, understandable looking prosecutions strong evidence and witness testimony put forward to date.

One tactic that seems to have gained the defendant's much needed support is "victim blaming" it's a tactic most used when a theory can't be backed up by evidence. It has been carried out by both defendants and their supporters for over 2 years through social media, the press and forums of every type.

I think it has been a mistake on their part in my opinion as it truly shows the character of a person to blame a victim for such "heinous" and "atrocious" injuries
And where their had been questionable verbal abuse by the defendant before the victims murder, shaming and bullying after a murder seems to cement further the possibility that abuse had occured before the victims death and continues today publicly and unashamedly.

This article on victim shaming is a good read.
And in my opinion this may come into the trial because it has been so persistent and so cruel.

“Variations of this terminology were evident in a number of cases, and served to minimise perpetrator accountability for violent behaviours,” the report found.

“This reinforces stereotypes around domestic violence as an issue affecting younger women and men, and reinforces perceptions that domestic violence may be synonymous with physically abusive behaviours, as opposed to coercion and control,” the report found.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...nguage-in-domestic-violence-cases-says-report

Moo

With the court case beginning next week, we prepare for the defence teams claims to back up the self defence scenario, some of which have been flimsy to date to say the least. But however, understandable looking prosecutions strong evidence and witness testimony put forward to date.

One tactic that seems to have gained the defendant's much needed support is "victim blaming" it's a tactic most used when a theory can't be backed up by evidence. It has been carried out by both defendants and their supporters for over 2 years through social media, the press and forums of every type.

I think it has been a mistake on their part in my opinion as it truly shows the character of a person to blame a victim for such "heinous" and "atrocious" injuries
And where their had been questionable verbal abuse by the defendant before the victims murder, shaming and bullying after a murder seems to cement further the possibility that abuse had occured before the victims death and continues today publicly and unashamedly.

This article on victim shaming is a good read.
And in my opinion this may come into the trial because it has been so persistent and so cruel.

“Variations of this terminology were evident in a number of cases, and served to minimise perpetrator accountability for violent behaviours,” the report found.

“This reinforces stereotypes around domestic violence as an issue affecting younger women and men, and reinforces perceptions that domestic violence may be synonymous with physically abusive behaviours, as opposed to coercion and control,” the report found.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...nguage-in-domestic-violence-cases-says-report

Moo

I was over my time to edit so I'm reposting.

I wanted to clarify. The article is useful in this case because it highlights the stereotyping language that can have an affect on how people view the victim. Especially in the cases where their are questions about domestic violence.

can someone explain this as im having difficulty understanding how the prosecution can portray jc if not as a peaceful man ? also dm has an article in todays paper will read it now and try post it
Are you kidding me, have these people a soul never mind a conscience. This is crazy !

The Defense is probably arguing that portraying Jason as peaceful...i.e. Telling the truth...is detrimental to TM and MM getting a fair trial. They want first crack at smearing him and forming that opinion in the jury's mind.

I wish we could read the actual motions. If the media can read them, they are avsilanle publicly somewhere. Any ideas?

The Defense is probably arguing that portraying Jason as peaceful...i.e. Telling the truth...is detrimental to TM and MM getting a fair trial. They want first crack at smearing him and forming that opinion in the jury's mind.

I wish we could read the actual motions. If the media can read them, they are avsilanle publicly somewhere. Any ideas?
No idea but I don't see how the judge would allow this when a persistant smear campaign has been waged by the Martens portraying him as a violent monster since 2015 has continued. Surely they can't do that and then gag the prosecution. If so then I will lose Faith.

Another fine example of the Martens characters IMO

Moo

can someone explain this as im having difficulty understanding how the prosecution can portray jc if not as a peaceful man ? also dm has an article in todays paper will read it now and try post it

Just about to read the DM article. The last time I checked the defence have no say in what the prosecution say in opening. It's absurd and no Judge will grant it.

All IMO

Just about to read the DM article. The last time I checked the defence have no say in what the prosecution say in opening. It's absurd and no Judge will grant it.

All IMO
Let us know about the DM article please emmalpage won't get paper. If you can screenshot it would be great. If not don't worry&#128522;

Let us know about the DM article please emmalpage won't get paper. If you can screenshot it would be great. If not don't worry&#128522;

Nothing new. Just parts of the Keith Maginn interview and parts of the Lynn Shanahan interview. We can add LS to the witness list; forgot that she couldn't speak about her trip to the US in 2012 for legal reasons.

Info from MC's sister on the night she died. Seems MC was alive when she left the house met the ambulance on route to hospital. JC tried to revive her in car.

Notice at the bottom of the article states article on Monday "the terrible night Jason was killed... and how Molly's trial will unfold".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne