GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New story
"Detectives in the US are investigating the transactions relating to a bank account Molly Martens opened a short time after her husband Jason’s death..."

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/detectives-in-the-us-investigate-molly-martens-bank-accounts
"It is alleged that in the days after Mr Corbett’s death, detectives received information from one of the attorneys for Mr Corbett’s estate that large sums of money may have been removed from accounts he held jointly with his wife."

Who thinks of doing this days after murdering your husband. There is evil in this woman. No doubt about it. IMO thanks for posting this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

"It is alleged that in the days after Mr Corbett’s death, detectives received information from one of the attorneys for Mr Corbett’s estate that large sums of money may have been removed from accounts he held jointly with his wife."

Who thinks of doing this days after murdering your husband. There is evil in this woman. No doubt about it. IMO thanks for posting this.

Not even just removing the money but going through the process of opening up a completely new account. I'm sure she would have been told that her accounts would have been investigated, this shows a devious side to me.

I suspect there is a lot of family tension and a few members have been blindsided, which would explain why they are not showing a completely united front or cohesive logical campaign.
I would speculate that even Tom did not realize how badly battered Jason was when he first came upon the crime scene; so he tampered with the crime scene just enough to take the heat off Molly, then he was blindsided much later by news of the extent of Jason's injuries.
Following this line of thought, if Tom didn't know this was overkill, how could Sharon, who probably never entered the crime scene? I don't believe this was a noisy crime - I think Jason was asleep or half-asleep, getting out of bed and Molly lashed out. So Sharon slipped up talking to the Corbett's and implicated Molly when the party line was to say it was Tom.
Tom and Sharon have maintained an extremely low profile since then - did Sharon close down her FB page because she found out how brutally Jason was injured? Not through any compassion for Jason, but because her husband is now implicated in a more serious crime than they expected. Tom had the option of calling police and saying "My daughter and her husband were in a fight and now he's injured and not breathing. We need an ambulance." Instead he said that he was the perpetrator. Weeks/ months later, Tom and Sharon find out that Molly had used cruel and excessive force, then happily handed the blame over to her father. Speculation only, but I would NOT be surprised if Tom and Sharon had completely withdrawn their support except by not openly talking about the case.
Continuing on this line of thinking, if Tom and Sharon didn't know how bad it was (by this I mean, someone can plausibly die from one blow to the head) and they whitewashed what they did know, then the extended Martens/ Earnest families were getting an even more soft-focus version of the crime, with the self-defense embellishment. Being arrogant loud-mouthed people, they start talking too loudly about Molly's right to custody, probably because they all reek of entitlement, and it wasn't in anyone's nature to meekly accept that the children would be better off with their father's family.
Now all these miscommunications within the family have dug a huge hole for Molly, making the situation much much worse, because they have essentially created a motive for the crime, when if they had faced the truth, they could have argued that her mental issues had triggered the crime.
Speculation continued: Tom's only option is to admit in court that he lied originally, and that he came upon the crime scene and wanted to help his daughter.
Looking at some of the photos here - of the family out to dinner after the legal irritations had been smoothed away, Tom helping Molly with her coat in court - I'm guessing there aren't any more recent photos of Tom and Sharon with their beautiful daughter.

Not even just removing the money but going through the process of opening up a completely new account. I'm sure she would have been told that her accounts would have been investigated, this shows a devious side to me.
I'm sure it will be argued that she was competent enough in the following days to know exactly what she was doing. It says a lot about her guilt and intent. There is one obvious element of innocence missing here and that is grief. No grief, no remorse. And what makes it quite sad is, she knew this was the childrens money.

Imo

I'm sure it will be argued that she was competent enough in the following days to know exactly what she was doing. It says a lot about her guilt and intent. There is one obvious element of innocence missing here and that is grief. No grief, no remorse. And what makes it quite sad is, she knew this was the childrens money.

Imo

Agree. She just carried on with normal business. Her husband is dead yet within days she has attended his work to take his possessions, opened up a complete new bank account (I am sure she had accounts in her own name, she did when she first moved back to the States otherwise she wouldn't have been able to receive the 80,000 from JC), started transferring monies from joint accounts and started custody proceedings etc. No grief. No apparent ill-effects from the brutal attack that she says she was subjected to.

All comments are my own opinions only.

And so The GreedGrab is coming to light.

Once again, we have a curious action in light of the fact that this is a family of federal officiers,supposedly versed in the law. Surely they were aware of the NC Slayer Statute, which prohibits a killer from benefiting from the death of his victim. This even carries over if acquitted into the wrongful death suits.

Surely, they were aware that the authorities have the power and means to track the movement of money. Wasn't one Uncle involved in doing some such thing in Afghanistan?

Here's a family that is organized like a crack military team in everything but breaking the horrific news to their victim's family, but it never occurred to them that they had no right to those monies at this time, if ever? These are people, publicly protesting their intense love for Jason's children, and they GreedGrab their inheritance almost immediately after they kill their Father?

Is this MM doing these things in one of her maniac flights outside of reality or are these people really this appallingly greedy and self- involved?

Can they get more obnoxious?

Once again, we have a curious action in light of the fact that this is a family of federal officiers,supposedly versed in the law. Surely they were aware of the NC Slayer Statute, which prohibits a killer from benefiting from the death of his victim. This even carries over if acquitted into the wrongful death suits.

Surely, they were aware that the authorities have the power and means to track the movement of money. Wasn't one Uncle involved in doing some such thing in Afghanistan?

Here's a family that is organized like a crack military team in everything but breaking the horrific news to their victim's family, but it never occurred to them that they had no right to those monies at this time, if ever? These are people, publicly protesting their intense love for Jason's children, and they GreedGrab their inheritance almost immediately after they kill their Father?

Is this MM doing these things in one of her maniac flights outside of reality or are these people really this appallingly greedy and self- involved?

You can bet while uncle Mike was calling to look for Jason's life insurance he was probably also driving mm to the bank. This whole thing stinks.

This is why they are having to go with the story that it was self defence....they have no other option other than actually plead guilty and they won't do that. Clutching at straws I guess. Their lawyers must be tearing their hair out as each new detail emerges.

All IMO only.

I suspect there is a lot of family tension and a few members have been blindsided, which would explain why they are not showing a completely united front or cohesive logical campaign.
I would speculate that even Tom did not realize how badly battered Jason was when he first came upon the crime scene; so he tampered with the crime scene just enough to take the heat off Molly, then he was blindsided much later by news of the extent of Jason's injuries.
Following this line of thought, if Tom didn't know this was overkill, how could Sharon, who probably never entered the crime scene? I don't believe this was a noisy crime - I think Jason was asleep or half-asleep, getting out of bed and Molly lashed out. So Sharon slipped up talking to the Corbett's and implicated Molly when the party line was to say it was Tom.
Tom and Sharon have maintained an extremely low profile since then - did Sharon close down her FB page because she found out how brutally Jason was injured? Not through any compassion for Jason, but because her husband is now implicated in a more serious crime than they expected. Tom had the option of calling police and saying "My daughter and her husband were in a fight and now he's injured and not breathing. We need an ambulance." Instead he said that he was the perpetrator. Weeks/ months later, Tom and Sharon find out that Molly had used cruel and excessive force, then happily handed the blame over to her father. Speculation only, but I would NOT be surprised if Tom and Sharon had completely withdrawn their support except by not openly talking about the case.
Continuing on this line of thinking, if Tom and Sharon didn't know how bad it was (by this I mean, someone can plausibly die from one blow to the head) and they whitewashed what they did know, then the extended Martens/ Earnest families were getting an even more soft-focus version of the crime, with the self-defense embellishment. Being arrogant loud-mouthed people, they start talking too loudly about Molly's right to custody, probably because they all reek of entitlement, and it wasn't in anyone's nature to meekly accept that the children would be better off with their father's family.
Now all these miscommunications within the family have dug a huge hole for Molly, making the situation much much worse, because they have essentially created a motive for the crime, when if they had faced the truth, they could have argued that her mental issues had triggered the crime.
Speculation continued: Tom's only option is to admit in court that he lied originally, and that he came upon the crime scene and wanted to help his daughter.
Looking at some of the photos here - of the family out to dinner after the legal irritations had been smoothed away, Tom helping Molly with her coat in court - I'm guessing there aren't any more recent photos of Tom and Sharon with their beautiful daughter.
All great suggestions and assumptions. I mostly agree if Tom had just stepped up and been honest from the front end maybe they could have had minimum incarceration then mental help. But that wasn't the enabling pattern TM and SM had probably been sustaining for years. But I am going to have to respectfully disagree that TM and his daughter have had any sort of falling out since. TM will go down with the ship taking his last dying breath covering for his little girl. I would guess you havent seen any recent photo's of the Marten's as has been directed from their legal advice. Their lawyer is probably instructing all Marten's to stay off all SM and not say a word and not post any pics.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2016/05/...ed-money-to-new-account-after-jasons-killing/
Same story
It is alleged that in the days after Jason Corbett’s death, large amounts of money were moved from the joint account.
It is also alleged that up to $60,000 was moved from Jason’s account just days before his death.

Also Dale the posting only stopped because part of the conditions of the bail were that there was to be no contact by any of the Martens to any member of Jasons family ,the children of any member of Mags family . She allegedly rang Mags mother at 2 o clock in the morning screaming down the phone to talk to "her Children" I thought that was very disrespectful to be honest especially to say that to Mags mother

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5498-8c8e-613f6adfc446/568c579e2d194.pdf.pdf.
Sorry it doesn't say any member of the martens family just Molly and Tom not to contact any member of the victims family and J&S Corbett. They must have also felt this wasn't the right thing to do otherwise that wouldn't have been specified IMO. I wonder what their reasoning was for that? Serious question I would like to know why or what would be ye're views as to why they said that

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5498-8c8e-613f6adfc446/568c579e2d194.pdf.pdf.
Sorry it doesn't say any member of the martens family just Molly and Tom not to contact any member of the victims family and J&S Corbett. They must have also felt this wasn't the right thing to do otherwise that wouldn't have been specified IMO. I wonder what their reasoning was for that? Serious question I would like to know why or what would be ye're views as to why they said that

Strange alright especially after an aggressive phonecall to Mags Corbetts poor mother. Maybe it's because members of Jasons family will testify? And that there might be a possibility of Jasons children testifying?

Incredibly, looking at her fb page she had a post up to Irish mothers wishing them a happy Mother's day. How does Jason Corbetts mother suffer through all of this. It must be so very hard.

One of the defence lawyers phoned Mag's mother at 7am Irish time sometime before the last court appearance and frightened her completely at that hour of the morning (that would have been 2am in the US). She said she couldn't speak to them because there was to be no contact but I think the judge clarified in court that it only applied to MM and TM and not the defence lawyers. IMO none of Mag's family would want to talk to any of them. Her son, Mag's brother confirmed she had received the call on JFJ's Facebook page.

One of the defence lawyers phoned Mag's mother at 7am Irish time sometime before the last court appearance and frightened her completely at that hour of the morning (that would have been 2am in the US). She said she couldn't speak to them because there was to be no contact but I think the judge clarified in court that it only applied to MM and TM and not the defence lawyers. IMO none of Mag's family would want to talk to any of them. Her son, Mag's brother confirmed she had received the call on JFJ's Facebook page.

She did ring herself as well before the charges were brought I will find the post and attach it. Im unable to find it but it was shared before to the JFJ page . This was before the charges were brought a separate time to the defence lawyers contacting Mags mother

Strange alright especially after an aggressive phonecall to Mags Corbetts poor mother. Maybe it's because members of Jasons family will testify? And that there might be a possibility of Jasons children testifying?

Incredibly, looking at her fb page she had a post up to Irish mothers wishing them a happy Mother's day. How does Jason Corbetts mother suffer through all of this. It must be so very hard.

That Mother's Day posting was only to upset Jason and Mags families. There was no posting to all her US friends last Sunday when it was Mother's Day in the US despite her still being active on Facebook and continuing to like posts by her friends.

I don't understand why she wasn't ordered to remove the pictures of the children she still has up on Facebook and Instragram along with her phone number and email on numerous posts and then they try to complain in court she is being harassed.

That Mother's Day greeting to all the "wonderful Irish mothers I know" sickened my stomach. She doesn't appear to have made any friends whilst in Ireland I don't know who she was addressing that too. Perhaps some of her Facebook friends are Irish I don't know but I thought it was in very poor taste on her part. One Irish mother was grieving for her murdered son...

i agree entirely with dale tray. No way will TM turn on her. United they stand divided they fall. As they were all with her on the days after murder they probably were Minding the kids while she went off to the bank... I expect she will say she moved the money to pay for the hasty cremation and needed to support the kids whilst the estate was being sorted out. The defence will twist it up make it sound perfectly plausible you may be sure.

Its nauseating.

I dont believe for a moment that Tom wasnt fully aware of what had happened.
Nor do I believe Sharon didnt enter the room. Why would she not?
They love their daughter, there is no doubt about that, none whatsoever.
They are all guilty.

I'm a little confused. Is this a new search warrant for her bank accounts? I had a look at the original search warrant released in January and they sought all accounts held jointly or solely including in bank of america up to the 3rd September. These warrants were carried out last september and would have been discovered to the defence by now. In the supporting affidavit, it mentions the possible movement of large sums of money from their joint account after his death so IMO they would have found this account of hers and the transferring of money months ago through the original search warrant so is there actually a new development here or a rehash of old news and LE/investigators were simply lodging documentation they already had in their possession with the court office?

I'm a little confused. Is this a new search warrant for her bank accounts? I had a look at the original search warrant released in January and they sought all accounts held jointly or solely including in bank of america up to the 3rd September. These warrants were carried out last september and would have been discovered to the defence by now. In the supporting affidavit, it mentions the possible movement of large sums of money from their joint account after his death so IMO they would have found this account of hers and the transferring of money months ago through the original search warrant so is there actually a new development here or a rehash of old news and LE/investigators were simply lodging documentation they already had in their possession with the court office?

Article states she used the monies taken from the joint account to open a new account, which reeks of deception, attempting to hide. The Martens family knew that the police would find bank statements for the existing accounts, so the new one was meant to hide monies. Martens also failed to produce banking records as ordered by Shipwash in the Estate case, instead suing to have him replaced. She'd have been in contempt of court if she failed to produce ALL her account, including the new one so she couldn't produce any banking records to back up her contention that she purchased the furniture. The Sheriff had subpoenaed Martens email (and social media) accounts, which must have turned up emails for the new account, something she hadn't counted on. If she removed large sums of money before and following the murder, and also applied for his life insurance funds, does that show intent to murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne