GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my prediction is there will be two forensic pathologists dueling it out over the facts... IMO

"Therefore, in order for you to find the defendant guilty of murder in the second degree the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt, among other things, that the defendant did not act in self-defense, or failing in this, that the defendant was the aggressor with the intent to kill or inflict serious bodily harm upon the deceased."

So, how do you think the state can prove it wasn't self-defense?...IMO this is the weakness in prosecuting TM because I don't believe there is evidence he provoked the fight... and maybe I'm wrong but I don't think he will be considered the aggressor in this situation...

"One enters a fight voluntarily if one uses toward one’s opponent abusive language, which, considering all of the circumstances, is calculated and intended to provoke a fight. If the defendant voluntarily and without provocation entered the fight, the defendant would be considered the aggressor unless the defendant thereafter attempted to abandon the fight and gave notice to the deceased that the defendant was doing so."...

Now, I can see a case here for Molly being the aggressor/provoking the fight but TM?...however, it does seem to me that certain elements of the crime were committed by one or the other making it difficult to see the whole picture when it comes to evaluating each one's individual guilt...I wonder how are they going to present this? makes me think one trial, separate juries but IDK...

"If the state fails to prove either that the defendant did not act in self-defense or was the aggressor, with intent to kill or inflict serious bodily harm, you may not convict the defendant of second degree murder, but you may convict the defendant of voluntary manslaughter if the state proves that the defendant was simply the aggressor without murderous intent in bringing on the fight in which the deceased was killed, or that the defendant used excessive force."

the jury instructions make clear the state has to prove the defendant did not act in self defense... the state has the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt...I'm still thinking the autopsy report is everything...in my ever grateful opinion... https://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_in...efense-felony/

I agree. I would have thought that LE would have been the ones to contact JC's family especially as they seemed to have been suspicious of the circumstances from the very beginning. I would have thought that they would have liaised with LE in Limerick and have an officer call out to inform to the family - it is not something that LE like to do over the phone. Could it be that SM beat them to it?
I can understand LE being delayed in communicating with Irish police.. they would have needed to obtain the contact information from the perpetrators first, that could take some time. They were called to a murder, next of kin is wife, she is perp..
I wonder whether delay was deliberate so that police would not be able to consult with relatives while still interviewing the two perps.. as it is likely Jason's family would have clarified the truths that molly and tom were so desperately trying to hide..
I am unclear on duration of interview or what time it commenced..Sharon waited until her nearest and dearest returned home.. or she received a quick call from them in the police station? Again, to bypass the possibility that police would speak with corbetts immediately..

That does make it a little easier to understand. That is a great point about them antagonising law enforcement. It will be very interesting to see how far sm and tm savings stretch to by the time mm is finished appealing appeals! And then tm case has to be funded from somewhere also.
One thing she hasn't managed to get away with is perhaps her plans for the money she moved from Jason's account after his death. We can assume the childrens passports were what uncle mike and mm dashed to Jason's office for and at the same time she moves this money? I suspect only for the quick actions of Tracey Lynch petitioning for custody that both Jason's money and children would be gone.

Dead husband... .check
Passports .....check
Cash........check
Someone elses Kids and their inheritance... check
Airline tickets.... ???? Maybe mm had booked some tickets of her own.

Imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Not sure we can assume it was just the passports they sought.
Remember Jason had been made aware of Molly's divorce queries in 2013. Lynn Shanahan told him.
He was not stupid.
Is it not likely he would also have taken advice or possibly hired an investigator in light of forthcoming divorce and her attempts to gain his children?
It was reported that she stated she no longer cared for him.
It was reported she had reconnected with old boyfriend on facebook.
It is quite possible that he held other significant documents in his office, as well as the passports.

Can anyone who is familiar with the law in NC please explain to me why mm and tm haven't been put in custody pending trial.? Is this not normal procedure to do so?
When I look at both the murder and all the intentional nasty acts of mm since Jason's murder I'm genuinely shocked that there isn't more repercussions for her to date. Someone mentioned FBI links yesterday, is this the way it works in NC, if you know someone in FBI you can do what you want and not feel the full force of the law?

If this is how it works the court should be petitioned by every single supporter of Justice before trial so as to highlight their leniency to date and make it clear it won't be overlooked by the public. If this case was in Ireland mm would be in custody along with tm, there would be no fb posts and uncle mike would be gagged from commenting on the case. Mm would not be along with members of her family allowed to lie and carry on as normal. Is it just me? Or is this normal?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

well, innocent until proven guilty...there's that...and it would be interesting to see what your petition to the court might look like ... very sad to say that Molly's behavior is more normal than not...and personally, I think she should be showing more concern for her father because she ensnared him in this horrible mess... as former FBI TM could be getting a few breaks like the delay of the Christmas holidays in handing down and sealing the indictments...I think from my own observations of life at large in North Carolina, is that golf rules the world there...and who belongs to what Country Club?...lawyers, judges, executives, athletes, celebrities...all of them seem to play and many build their reputations on the golf course...and their families play at the pool and tennis courts, and attend social functions... make friends, meet new people... that's just my perspective on the lifestyle that Jason and Molly were living... and if TM and Molly are to be judged by a jury of their peers...well, let's hope they don't move the trial to Moore County where Pinehurst is...IMO...

Not sure we can assume it was just the passports they sought.
Remember Jason had been made aware of Molly's divorce queries in 2013. Lynn Shanahan told him.
He was not stupid.
Is it not likely he would also have taken advice or possibly hired an investigator in light of forthcoming divorce and her attempts to gain his children?
It was reported that she stated she no longer cared for him.
It was reported she had reconnected with old boyfriend on facebook.
It is quite possible that he held other significant documents in his office, as well as the passports.

I agree there could have been lots of documents kept at the office . I assume the passports were there also because it would certainly arouse suspicion if they were requested. I assume the house was a crime scene for some time after the murder so unless she had them on her she had to get them .I wonder if Molly volunteered the info she they weren't her biological children or did Police only find out after they spoke with Tracey .

well, innocent until proven guilty...there's that...and it would be interesting to see what your petition to the court might look like ... very sad to say that Molly's behavior is more normal than not...and personally, I think she should be showing more concern for her father because she ensnared him in this horrible mess... as former FBI TM could be getting a few breaks like the delay of the Christmas holidays in handing down and sealing the indictments...I think from my own observations of life at large in North Carolina, is that golf rules the world there...and who belongs to what Country Club?...lawyers, judges, executives, athletes, celebrities...all of them seem to play and many build their reputations on the golf course...and their families play at the pool and tennis courts, and attend social functions... make friends, meet new people... that's just my perspective on the lifestyle that Jason and Molly were living... and if TM and Molly are to be judged by a jury of their peers...well, let's hope they don't move the trial to Moore County where Pinehurst is...IMO...

As a resident of North Carolina, your golf description in my opinion is not accurate. Where can you prove the entire state cares so much about Golf. I believe justice will be served. Where Jason golfed will not matter. Molly killed him.

We have had a vacation home in the Carolinas for years but our primary home has been, until recently, up North. I can tell you that in both States, in different parts of the US, in a situation like this, if the defendants can meet bail and are deemed no threat to others, they are almost always released until trial.

I share your frustration, as we wait for justice for Jason.

As a resident of North Carolina, your golf description in my opinion is not accurate. Where can you prove the entire state cares so much about Golf. I believe justice will be served. Where Jason golfed will not matter. Molly killed him.

I said it was my opinion ...didn't they live on a golf course?...is not that the lifestyle they chose?...I made it clear they were my observations...I don't get it...

Amen.

We have had a vacation home in the Carolinas for years but our primary home has been, until recently, up North. I can tell you that in both States, in different parts of the US, in a situation like this, if the defendants can meet bail and are deemed no threat to others, they are almost always released until trial.

I share your frustration, as we wait for justice for Jason.
Thats the bit I am worried about- that they were apparently 'deemed no threat to others'
It was a bloodbath.
No threat to others?
Who could tell?

Agree . Also I think stmary already pointed out there were no dues paid it wasn't a membership only golf course . Even provided a link. Jason was comfortable he had money and the ability to make money for his family .He wasn't a millionaire . He probably is worth more now money wise because he is dead ... And Molly and Tom have admitted killing him . OVERKILL IMO

It would be ignorant for us to make sweeping generalizations about ALL FBI agents, based on the actions of TM in this murder case.

It would be ignorant to make sweeping generalizations about every sufferer of Bipolar disease based on the actions of MM in this case.

It would be ignorant to make sweeping generalizations about "everyone" living in a particular State, or fortunate enough to have a particular lifestyle.

It is ignorant to make any kind of sweeping generalizations based on anything. Every individual is unique. Belonging to a Country Club, living in a certain State, having a certain Nationality, Creed, or Race does NOT imply a mass over-riding commonality. One size does not fit all.

We can't pretend to know what life in an igloo is either, unless we have lived it. It's the same for other lifestyles as well.

It would be ignorant for us to make sweeping generalizations about ALL FBI agents, based on the actions of TM in this murder case.

It would be ignorant to make sweeping generalizations about every sufferer of Bipolar disease based on the actions of MM in this case.

It would be ignorant to make sweeping generalizations about "everyone" living in a particular State, or fortunate enough to have a particular lifestyle.

It is ignorant to make any kind of sweeping generalizations based on anything. Every individual is unique. Belonging to a Country Club, living in a certain State, having a certain Nationality, Creed, or Race does NOT imply a mass over-riding commonality. One size does not fit all.

We can't pretend to know what life in an igloo is either, unless we have lived it. It's the same for other lifestyles as well.

Great post. Thank you for your wisdom.

Thats the bit I am worried about- that they were apparently 'deemed no threat to others'
It was a bloodbath.
No threat to others?
Who could tell?

In a domestic incident where the accused has no record of violence they will usually be deemed to be no threat to others.

In a domestic incident where the accused has no record of violence they will usually be deemed to be no threat to others.

In a death by bludgeoning?
you could well be right but no way would I spend a night alone with either of them!
I'd be scared they might receive further 'impulses'..

there are many counties in North Carolina where they can move the trial...many are agricultural that probably might be considered a "jury of their peers" by some but not really...IDK...other cities they could move it to might be Raleigh or Durham maybe Greensboro or Salisbury but they seem too close... Winston-Salem is for sure too close...Fayetteville might be a good possibility... IMO...I didn't intend to light a fire about golf in North Carolina...I love golf...but since tobacco has been on its way out I have observed golf moving in...and something else I know from my experience is that most everybody wants to play golf in Ireland or Scotland before they die ... a bucket list kind of thing... was Jason an avid golfer?...did he play every weekend? friends in Wallburg that might testify to his character could very well be those who have played golf with him... you know, you can often tell a lot about a person by playing a game with them... IMO

there are many counties in North Carolina where they can move the trial...many are agricultural that probably might be considered a "jury of their peers" by some but not really...IDK...other cities they could move it to might be Raleigh or Durham maybe Greensboro or Salisbury but they seem too close... Winston-Salem is for sure too close...Fayetteville might be a good possibility... IMO...I didn't intend to light a fire about golf in North Carolina...I love golf...but since tobacco has been on its way out I have observed golf moving in...and something else I know from my experience is that most everybody wants to play golf in Ireland or Scotland before they die ... a bucket list kind of thing... was Jason an avid golfer?...did he play every weekend? friends in Wallburg that might testify to his character could very well be those who have played golf with him... you know, you can often tell a lot about a person by playing a game with them... IMO

Well, apparently Jason golfed with Tom Martens. I would guess that someone who moves to live at a golf course would be an avid golfer. I wonder if Molly played too.

Well, apparently Jason golfed with Tom Martens. I would guess that someone who moves to live at a golf course would be an avid golfer. I wonder if Molly played too.
not sure we are being fair on molly here. she could swing a bat, we know this.. but would a club have been more effective?

I seriously doubt that she would leave the children for long enough to play. Did she ever have a picture up with girlfriends of hers? Golfing, out to lunch, anything? It seems like half of her FB friends are recent...I assume a few are those kind of ghouls that want to insinuate themselves into the life of some celebrity killer.

I seriously doubt that she would leave the children for long enough to play. Did she ever have a picture up with girlfriends of hers? Golfing, out to lunch, anything? It seems like half of her FB friends are recent...I assume a few are those kind of ghouls that want to insinuate themselves into the life of some celebrity killer.

The only pictures I saw of her without a member of her immediate family or the children in it was the volunteer photo and the ones of her hen party on the support Molly page. There was maybe 5 people I could see including Molly in the picture very conservative low key . Since she confided in Lynn about divorce and another family friend of the Corbetts about reconnecting with an old boyfriend I would say she doesn't have close friends to discuss this with or she was trying to get the word go back to Jason intentionally. That is cruel beyond words IMO How humiliating that must have been when they told him . Intentionally malicious IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628