GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those people were the wife and the wife's father. They were taken away and interviewed on tape," he said. "We have to interview on audio video tape for court. We collected evidence from them and from the crime scene." The incident report into Jason's death reveals that he was attacked with a baseball bat, according to the Irish Daily Mail. The paper reports that the names Molly Paige Martens (31) and Thomas Michael Martens (65) as 'others involved' in the death. The clothes of Mr Martens and his daughter were taken away for examination. Two weapons were also removed from the scene by detectives.

In reply to a post here the other day that suggested MM nightdress was taken as evidence. No nightdress mentioned by police.

MOO

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Thats really telling added to her run in with the law. History suggests she was probably I a state, angry that they were home. Another Keith Mcginn moment perhaps.

Makes me wonder what those kids suffered on a daily basis witnessing the highs and lows of MM.

MOO

JC could have been back in Ireland July/August 2014. I just remember reading he was on holiday with his parents exactly a year before his murder which would have been August 2nd 2014. He was in Ireland for a few weeks. So he might not have been in NC when MM was arrested in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard of the previous boyfriend/fiancé the one before Keith? I heard mentioned a Jeremiah Taylor from Knoxville...Apparently they both worked together in Visage hair salon in Tennessee along with a few of the bridesmaids some years ago. Something happened with MM there and she left.... might be worth sleuthing?

The movie, " The Hand that Rocks The Cradle" reminds me of this case. A controlling Nanny is portrayed

Another question would be great to answer is what ever became of MM strange uncle and his job?

He was being investigated. Was there any conclusion. He seemed to be right in the middle of this from the get go, strangely so.

The visits to JC office to retrieve personal belongings the day after his death. The phone calls to JC manager under the premise he was fbi.

The claims he made frantic dash and boarded plane trying to stop the lynches bringing the children home after custody ruling, again flashing the badge?

Where is uncle Mike.?

MOO

Uncle mike seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.
But what if anything would he have done (could he have done) if tl and dl were on that flight?
Uncle mike seems to be another family member that thought he was above the law.
flash the badge and get what you want .or so it seems.
Imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I suspect intimidation was the goal. I would think they were sorely disappointed kids weren't on flight because they couldn't find anything to fight the Lynches with. Note to ME he shouldn't have perhaps judged the lynches by Martens standards. Ironically this would seem like something they would do. I still question was it the passports of the children he so hastily tried to get from JC office.

MOO

Don't forget everything other people say is lies, and it is okay to lie about an ordinary citizen but it is not okay to lie about a federal agent....... smh

There is no way MM could have gained custody of the children. She would have to prove that the biological parent was unfit but that would be a long road. Pretty telling that JC said no to her previous requests for adopting the children. JMO, looks he knew deep down something was not right with her. Honestly, I think MM used JC to get to his children. That was her sole purpose to gain her dream. I stated yesterday it would be an interesting read regarding any physc evaluation on her. MOO

Not saying she had very many rights just that she sought legal advice at this time as to what her rights were. From looking at social media it was around this time her friends first heard of the domestic violence.

It's a while since I read his book, but my initial reaction after reading it was how I felt there were so many similarities in Keith's & Jason's experiences with MM, like she had a pattern. She met Keith online (she also met Jason online) a month after dating she asked Keith to move in with her. He thought she was sweet, a free spirit. She only told him of her bipolar/mania after he moved in. How long before she "moved in" on Jason I don't know. She only told Jason about her conditions as they moved to America. Keith was getting over a long term relationship where his girlfriend of 6 years suddenly left him. He too was grieving, a vulnerable man like Jason was. Keith said things changed very quickly & her depression took over. She had this all her life & insomnia too. Keith said MM would curl up in a ball & rock herself, not get out of bed all day. She told lots of lies. I have heard in NC she also stayed in bed a lot of the time, refusing to get up. And we know she lied a lot to neighbours re being Sarah's birth mother too. Keith said he never knew which Molly would be there when he got home. They had explosive arguments. With Jason, there are witness accounts to how volatile MM was in front of family & her treatment of Jack. Hostess one minute, dishing out punishment the next. Keith spoke of how he had to talk her out of suicide on multiple occasions. IMO if Jason tried to leave her she would use suicide as a threat. She was very controlling & insisted Keith got engaged to her to prove his love for her. MM insisted Jason got engaged to her to prove his love & show she was more then the au pair. She got pregnant with Keith's baby, even though she swore to him she was using contraceptives. He said she felt having children would "fix" her, make her happy, that's all she wanted. She had a miscarriage, Keith was relieved as she was so heavily medicated and felt neither were ready to be parents. They could not look after themselves. If children was all she wanted, then Jason was the perfect package with a toddler & a baby. Keith was a vulnerable man also, but he put her first. She isolated him by insisting he didn't tell any of his family & friends about her problems which led him to a nervous breakdown. MM insisted she would be happier in America, thus isolating Jason & his kids from his family & friends. Like with Keith she was happy for awhile, until she wasn't. Keith and Jason's paths blur about 3 weeks after MM left the psychiatric unit of which she was an inpatient. She told Keith she wanted to move to Ireland. He said we have no money, we can't just leave. She left without him, said she would be gone for a week or two. She didn't contact him for 3 weeks and broke off their engagement via email. So begs the question did her parents fund her trip? Maybe Jason did? we know he funded the holidays, cruises etc SM & TM took with them. We know he had a generous nature. Or did TM & SM finally want MM out of their hair, maybe they found her an embarrassment, maybe they wanted to "fix" things for her. Either way they left their unstable daughter travel to another continent to care for two babies. After Keith Maginns encounter with Molly Paige Martens he was left a broken man. After Jason Corbett's encounter with Molly Paige Martens he was left dead. The question is, did her parents "fix" this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks. This makes me look at things in a different light. It clearly shows a pattern. Some of her lies have been outrageous and so easy to discredit; giving birth to Sarah, being a penpal of Mags, swimming for Clemson. Did she not also say she tried out for the Olympics??

All IMO

Usually in America, if you get pulled over for a minor infraction such as expired plates at 4:10am, most likely the policeman is looking to arrest you for DUI. If you survive the stop without being arrested, you passed the sobriety test. That's a good thing. It means you weren't drunk driving endangering other people; and you might actually be a good citizen even if you have insomnia; even if you let the renewal of your plates lapse.

It's a while since I read his book, but my initial reaction after reading it was how I felt there were so many similarities in Keith's & Jason's experiences with MM, like she had a pattern. She met Keith online (she also met Jason online)
Was it in MSM that Molly and Jason met online or is that speculation? I often wondered how they met and how Molly came to get the au pair position.

Was it in MSM that Molly and Jason met online or is that speculation? I often wondered how they met and how Molly came to get the au pair position.
Im not really certain of this but i think she answered his advert for a nanny .
I dont think they met online as in a dating site.
All imo only

Just to clarify the reason Molly's indictment for expired plates is of interest is for the following reasons -

1. If Molly was out and about at 4am it may be a sign that her insomnia had returned, and therefore it may be a pointer to the fact that her mental health issues had perhaps once again become severe enough that she was struggling to manage them.

2. If Molly was struggling with sleep issues, then with the information we have to hand, does this indicate that the prescription in Jason's system may actually belong to Molly and therefore it begs the question did he take it willingly?

3. It is an unusual time for a mother of two to be out and about. I would imagine if there had been a reasonable explanation such as 'I needed to run to a 24hour pharmacy for my sick child', it would be unlikely that an officer would have given her a ticket.

4. There was some suggestion Molly had been having an affair, again it is an unusual time in the morning for someone to be out, particularly if her husband and children are on holiday.

5. She was stopped driving in NC, why not provide her current name and address in NC? Why provide her maiden name and TN address? Was she trying to ensure JC didn't find out about what she was up to?

6. If she provided her maiden name and TN address because that what was on the documents, was she trying to get away with the fact that she hadn't updated her licence? By lying to a police officer? If so, does that set precedent for her current circumstances?

Even good citizens make mistakes, even good citizens seek comfort elsewhere when they are in a failing marriage. Unfortunately when they are indicted for 2nd degree murder, even good citizens will have their previous behaviours called into question.

Im not really certain of this but i think she answered his advert for a nanny .
I dont think they met online as in a dating site.
All imo only

He had hired, I think two nannies prior to Molly who didn't work out so I always presumed he must have used an agency but I don't think it was ever clarified when it came up on the thread before.

Usually in America, if you get pulled over for a minor infraction such as expired plates at 4:10am, most likely the policeman is looking to arrest you for DUI. If you survive the stop without being arrested, you passed the sobriety test. That's a good thing. It means you weren't drunk driving endangering other people; and you might actually be a good citizen even if you have insomnia; even if you let the renewal of your plates lapse.

I do not think we can speak to the motives of a police officer carrying out his job. We are considering the facts, MM was pulled over at 4.10am and was given a citation for expired tags. We know that the officer recorded her details with her maiden name and an address in Tennessee despite the fact that she had been living in North Carolina for three years and had been married for the same length of time. Either she gave these details to the officer or, in the alternative, had failed to surrender her Tennessee drivers licence as she was required to do within the required 60 days and the officer had taken the details from that licence.

If she was using a Tennesee drivers licence then this is not indicative of a good citizen as she would have been flouting the relevant legislation of the state (https://www.wcu.edu/WebFiles/PDFs/ips_NCDl_GeneralStatutes_20-7.pdf).

All IMO

He had hired, I think two nannies prior to Molly who didn't work out so I always presumed he must have used an agency but I don't think it was ever clarified when it came up on the thread before.
Actually i think she was his 4th nanny, i presume he went through an agency ,
And had the misfortune of her replying to his advert.
Poor man ,

What we are trying to establish is if there is a pattern in Mollys behaviour from the first hand accounts we have at hand . Keith's book says Molly suffered from manic episodes and often stayed up for days . The citation would verify that somewhat . Keith said he never knew if Molly was telling the truth . I think we have established that Molly has told at least some lies as discussed previously. Mags being her pen pal , giving birth to Sarah , being an Olympic swimmer. She withheld information from Jason regarding her illnesses I'm pretty sure he would not have hired to look after two vulnerable children . Then there are the remarks from mutual friends about her calling Jason fat *advertiser censored* . From Mollys own posts and information shared by her friend on Keith's fb we see she is very snide . That is all pattern of behaviour that is consistent with the information we have at hand .i wonder where her friend got the information about Keith
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4154.jpg
    IMG_4154.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4156.jpg
    IMG_4156.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4157.jpg
    IMG_4157.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4158.jpg
    IMG_4158.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 80
Excellent, cogent, and mature explanation of why the traffic stop has relevance, Logic-lady.

Actually i think she was his 4th nanny, i presume he went through an agency ,
And had the misfortune of her replying to his advert.
Poor man ,

It's always been a bit unclear whether Molly was actually a nanny or an au pair, hasn't it?

It's always been a bit unclear whether Molly was actually a nanny or an au pair, hasn't it?
I use the word nanny ,whether she saw herself as an au pair,childminder,or future mother i dont know.
Her duties were to bring the kids to and from creche and do the cleaning .as quoted by jason's brother ..

I think it is maybe a misinterpretation of the facts that she has been referred to as an au pair - in Ireland when someone comes to live in with a family to provide childcare it would be described as having an au pair (irrespective of age and they would generally be paid etc) Referring to someone having a nanny, would be someone who would just look after your child during the day in your home but would they would not live in.

I appreciate that this is different to how the terms are used in the States and so perhaps this is where some confusion has arisen?

For clarity, here is the actual definitions for both - http://www.greataupair.com/nanny-aupair-agency/AuPair-Nanny-Differences.htm

It's very confusing which role she actually applied for ,
I suppose it all depends on jason's advert.
Did he use the words nanny or au pair or even live in childminder/housekeeper .
We will probably never know .

I find the traffic citation interesting. The time of night, the lack of proper ID and expired tags. Molly pretends to be the perfect mom and house wife. Why weren't these simple tasks taken care of? Why was she out in the middle of the night. 3 years is awful long to not update her liscense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member