GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of the previous boyfriend/fiancé the one before Keith? I heard mentioned a Jeremiah Taylor from Knoxville...Apparently they both worked together in Visage hair salon in Tennessee along with a few of the bridesmaids some years ago. Something happened with MM there and she left.... might be worth sleuthing?
Good fresh info. Has anyone else heard anything about this relationship or have any further info on it.?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

attachment.php
Great informative post. Havent seen this social media activity before. Clear pattern completely opposite of how a grieving wife and step mother would carry themselves.

More indicative of a selfabsorbed hateful, angry individual. And clearly a theme that won't be left out of the prosecution's case when painting a picture of the person that committed the crime.

Moo

I've been having a read through some old posts to see if it brings up anything of interest with the new information we have to hand. It was widely discussed on the thread that Molly had links to a women's shelter and child advocacy centre in Piedmont. She volunteered at an event they were running in March 2015 to help with the decorations - http://www.familyservice-piedmont.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/HPOR_Invitation_2015.pdf

The theory at the time was that she may have been trying to garner support/information regarding a spousal abuse defense for any potential divorce (indeed it seems that it was here that she met her first attorney Melissa Sams)

However, I've just been reading over it again and the service also offers help with credit and budget counselling, and also individual counselling for people suffering from depression, grief, anxiety, relationship problems or substance addiction. If Molly realised that she was starting to become overwhelmed once again by her emotions, it may be that she sought help to try to manage it. This may tie in with the early morning drive and therefore be another indication that Molly's past was catching up with her.

Great informative post. Havent seen this social media activity before. Clear pattern completely opposite of how a grieving wife and step mother would carry themselves.

More indicative of a selfabsorbed hateful, angry individual. And clearly a theme that won't be left out of the prosecution's case when painting a picture of the person that committed the crime.

Moo

Also stunning that she has instilled in them that smoking is bad for them

The taking of their father's life seems to be rationalized though. Personally this lady gives me the chills.

MOO

Also, I was once again baffled why the family would go ahead and organise a funeral for Jason in the States for 4 days after his death, before they had engaged on any meaningful level with the family they knew he was so close to in Ireland... http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/molly-martens-uncle-tried-to-get-access-to-jasons-office
They seemed to shut the corbetts out at that time. From the cold call from SM 10 hours after Jason's death to tell the family to keeping the children from TL to monitoring the children's calls with the Corbetts. The rush for funeral and CREMATION. Looking back on the info in the early days posted on this forum and your thought provoking posts logic lady, the picture gets worse.

Why in the close hours and days after Jason's death at the hands of MM and her father was this whole family treating the Corbetts like the criminals??? It's just not Normal or rational even if we believe her story (which I dont) this family treated their victim and his family like irrelevant dirt they needed to sweep up and forget about.

Your post has also brought something up for me. It was reported that Wayne Corbett received a less than sympathetic call 10 HOURS after his brother's death from SM to say Jason had had an accident/a fall and died
It was also reported that uncle Mike phoned and tried to gain access to JC office the following day after his death? Are we to discover that the visit to the office came before poor Jason's loved ones were informed of his death? If so they are even more appauling and all in this up to their necks than I would have ever imagined.

"Earnest has denied the claims, stating that he does not believe he made any calls to the plant but that he and his wife had made a lot of phone calls on the day following Corbett’s death in assisting his niece to organize funeral arrangements, insurance and arrangements for the children."

He may get it harder to deny phone records and a witness who took the call.
And who on earth looks into insurance hours after the victim is beaten about and killed with a baseball bat and a brick..... can you imagine how it would have looked if TL did the same thing.*

All my opinions only.

Good fresh info. Has anyone else heard anything about this relationship or have any further info on it.?

This is the first I have heard of him. A quick check on fb shows that he worked at Visage between 2002 and 2009 then went travelling. He seems to stop back there whenever in Tennessee to cut hair. I did a friendship search on himself and MM but revealed nothing apart from them having 13 mutual friends.

His mum is friends with MM on fb and, it seems,some of his other family members.

All IMO

While cremations are not uncommon in Ireland, and burials/ cremations occur within a few days of a death, it is usual to postpone such events where family or loved ones need to travel a long distance, which given how widely dispersed Irish families are, is not in itself uncommon. That being the case, it is very suspicious that the Martens wanted to cremate Jason's remains before family members from Ireland arrived. That in itself appears IMO to be very callous indeed, irrespective of whatever other motive they may have had.

While cremations are not uncommon in Ireland, and burials/ cremations occur within a few days of a death, it is usual to postpone such events where family or loved ones need to travel a long distance, which given how widely dispersed Irish families are, is not in itself uncommon. That being the case, it is very suspicious that the Martens wanted to cremate Jason's remains before family members from Ireland arrived. That in itself appears IMO to be very callous indeed, irrespective of whatever other motive they may have had.
His sister, Tracey Lynch, was on day four of a two-week family holiday in France when she received what a friend said was a "cold" text message on her phone saying her brother had died. Tracey immediately tried to ring Molly but she could not get through or there was no answer. Tracey flew from France to Limerick, met her sister and best friend, and the three got a flight onwards to North Carolina.

According to one friend, they were en route to the US when they were notified that arrangements were being made for Jason's cremation. They had to hire an attorney to intervene. By the time they reached North Carolina, they were not allowed entry to the house at Panther Creek Court and they also struggled for days for permission to see Jason's remains, according to a family friend.

After the phone call to announce Jason's death and this text Tracey recieved the Martens didn't seem to engage any further with the Corbetts on any level. None of it makes sense imo

This is the first I have heard of him. A quick check on fb shows that he worked at Visage between 2002 and 2009 then went travelling. He seems to stop back there whenever in Tennessee to cut hair. I did a friendship search on himself and MM but revealed nothing apart from them having 13 mutual friends.

His mum is friends with MM on fb and, it seems,some of his other family members.

All IMO
I see he is back at the salon and TN since August 2016. The fact that his mum is friends with MM might suggest that there wasn't as bad as relationship or break up that Keith Mcginn experienced with her.

They seemed to shut the corbetts out at that time. From the cold call from SM 10 hours after Jason's death to tell the family to keeping the children from TL to monitoring the children's calls with the Corbetts. The rush for funeral and CREMATION. Looking back on the info in the early days posted on this forum and your thought provoking posts logic lady, the picture gets worse.

Why in the close hours and days after Jason's death at the hands of MM and her father was this whole family treating the Corbetts like the criminals??? It's just not Normal or rational even if we believe her story (which I dont) this family treated their victim and his family like irrelevant dirt they needed to sweep up and forget about.

Your post has also brought something up for me. It was reported that Wayne Corbett received a less than sympathetic call 10 HOURS after his brother's death from SM to say Jason had had an accident/a fall and died
It was also reported that uncle Mike phoned and tried to gain access to JC office the following day after his death? Are we to discover that the visit to the office came before poor Jason's loved ones were informed of his death? If so they are even more appauling and all in this up to their necks than I would have ever imagined.

"Earnest has denied the claims, stating that he does not believe he made any calls to the plant but that he and his wife had made a lot of phone calls on the day following Corbett’s death in assisting his niece to organize funeral arrangements, insurance and arrangements for the children."

He may get it harder to deny phone records and a witness who took the call.
And who on earth looks into insurance hours after the victim is beaten about and killed with a baseball bat and a brick..... can you imagine how it would have looked if TL did the same thing.*

All my opinions only.

I agree. I could understand them trying to get the passports (not that I agree but I understand, they would have known they had no legal claim to the kids so it was their only way of trying to keep them) But if I had just taken someones life, especially in such traumatic circumstances, I struggle to believe I would be ready to organise a funeral for the very person whose blood I literally had on my hands just days before.

The question really is I guess, why did Uncle Mike need to swing into such an aggressive damage limitation (or as it turns out complete ballsup of a) plan so quickly?

I agree. I could understand them trying to get the passports (not that I agree but I understand, they would have known they had no legal claim to the kids so it was their only way of trying to keep them) But if I had just taken someones life, especially in such traumatic circumstances, I struggle to believe I would be ready to organise a funeral for the very person whose blood I literally had on my hands just days before.

The question really is I guess, why did Uncle Mike need to swing into such an aggressive damage limitation (or as it turns out complete ballsup of a) plan so quickly?
Yes that's the question. His wife threw herself into the mix too. Still to this day quoting the bible in reference to people that have asked her to remove photos of JC and his sister SC from FB. I keep saying this the whole "family" are strange in their behaviour it was noted uncle Mike barely if ever used JC name in interviews referring to him as The children's father. Cold - seeing as he has spent holidays with Jason and MM and kids.

Moo

His sister, Tracey Lynch, was on day four of a two-week family holiday in France when she received what a friend said was a "cold" text message on her phone saying her brother had died. Tracey immediately tried to ring Molly but she could not get through or there was no answer. Tracey flew from France to Limerick, met her sister and best friend, and the three got a flight onwards to North Carolina.

According to one friend, they were en route to the US when they were notified that arrangements were being made for Jason's cremation. They had to hire an attorney to intervene. By the time they reached North Carolina, they were not allowed entry to the house at Panther Creek Court and they also struggled for days for permission to see Jason's remains, according to a family friend.

After the phone call to announce Jason's death and this text Tracey recieved the Martens didn't seem to engage any further with the Corbetts on any level. None of it makes sense imo

There have been other cases where one family calls the shots when their daughter or son kills their spouse. The Siever case is one of them: took a long time for the maternal family to get justice after filing numerous documents to get too see the kids and stop the life ins companies to pay the money to the spouse who is accused of murder.

Looks like the Martens wanted to wipe out the memory of the Corbett family . Apple doesn't fall from the tree in regards to MM in that family.

I've been having a read through some old posts to see if it brings up anything of interest with the new information we have to hand. It was widely discussed on the thread that Molly had links to a women's shelter and child advocacy centre in Piedmont. She volunteered at an event they were running in March 2015 to help with the decorations - http://www.familyservice-piedmont.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/HPOR_Invitation_2015.pdf

The theory at the time was that she may have been trying to garner support/information regarding a spousal abuse defense for any potential divorce (indeed it seems that it was here that she met her first attorney Melissa Sams)

However, I've just been reading over it again and the service also offers help with credit and budget counselling, and also individual counselling for people suffering from depression, grief, anxiety, relationship problems or substance addiction. If Molly realised that she was starting to become overwhelmed once again by her emotions, it may be that she sought help to try to manage it. This may tie in with the early morning drive and therefore be another indication that Molly's past was catching up with her.

All IMO

Again I think this all may tie into Molly's state of mind at the time of the murder. Molly obviously came from an educated home, both of her parents were professionals, her brothers each successful in their own fields. Molly herself had started at uni but then dropped out, potentially she left uni and started working at a hair dressers/hair academy and seeing this guy Jeremiah. This relationship and career path fails. She meets Keith McGinn...again they get engaged quickly and move in together. We know her parents had reservations about this relationship, and from what I understand from the excerpt from the book, this relationship ends spectacularly badly.

The life that she built with Jason and the kids was finally giving her the opportunity to prove herself, that she could be successful at something. That she could stick with something and make it work. Her whole life was built upon this perfect family she had created - she was a swim coach, a teacher's aide, she helped out on the local committees with the other Moms. If Jason divorced her, she would have lost not just him and the kids but she would lose everything. Her entire world had been built upon the lifestyle of being an upper middle-class stay at home Mom, she would have lost her entire identity if this marriage failed. If it was her understanding that she could not cope with this loss that prevented Molly from divorcing Jason the year previously, how would that desperation have presented itself if Jason had finally told her the decision had been taken out of her hands?

I also don't think we can underestimate the role her parents played in this scenario. I think Molly strove to show her parents she had finally come good. She had finally built a life they could be proud of her for. (I was surprised when I saw a picture of the family home in Knoxville, the Panther Creek house is almost a carbon copy of the front elevation) I believe Molly was under immense pressure from her parents to finally get control of her life, to finally stop disappointing them. I wonder how she could have coped if things started to slip. If her mental health issues were recurring, if her marriage was in trouble, could she have confided in them? Would she have had enough of a support system to help her through this or was she really looking at a future that was just a black hole, where everything she had worked for had just evaporated?

Again I think this all may tie into Molly's state of mind at the time of the murder. Molly obviously came from an educated home, both of her parents were professionals, her brothers each successful in their own fields. Molly herself had started at uni but then dropped out, potentially she left uni and started working at a hair dressers/hair academy and seeing this guy Jeremiah. This relationship and career path fails. She meets Keith McGinn...again they get engaged quickly and move in together. We know her parents had reservations about this relationship, and from what I understand from the excerpt from the book, this relationship ends spectacularly badly.

The life that she built with Jason and the kids was finally giving her the opportunity to prove herself, that she could be successful at something. That she could stick with something and make it work. Her whole life was built upon this perfect family she had created - she was a swim coach, a teacher's aide, she helped out on the local committees with the other Moms. If Jason divorced her, she would have lost not just him and the kids but she would lose everything. Her entire world had been built upon the lifestyle of being an upper middle-class stay at home Mom, she would have lost her entire identity if this marriage failed. If it was her understanding that she could not cope with this loss that prevented Molly from divorcing Jason the year previously, how would that desperation have presented itself if Jason had finally told her the decision had been taken out of her hands?

I also don't think we can underestimate the role her parents played in this scenario. I think Molly strove to show her parents she had finally come good. She had finally built a life they could be proud of her for. (I was surprised when I saw a picture of the family home in Knoxville, the Panther Creek house is almost a carbon copy of the front elevation) I believe Molly was under immense pressure from her parents to finally get control of her life, to finally stop disappointing them. I wonder how she could have coped if things started to slip. If her mental health issues were recurring, if her marriage was in trouble, could she have confided in them? Would she have had enough of a support system to help her through this or was she really looking at a future that was just a black hole, where everything she had worked for had just evaporated?

Excellent points

It's very confusing which role she actually applied for ,
I suppose it all depends on jason's advert.
Did he use the words nanny or au pair or even live in childminder/housekeeper .
We will probably never know .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If the ad was placed through an agency there will be a record and it will probably come out at the trial.

If the ad was placed through an agency there will be a record and it will probably come out at the trial.
Hopefully it will and it will all come out if she divulged her mental illness .
I doubt it though

Hopefully it will and it will all come out if she divulged her mental illness .
I doubt it though

I think we can safely say JC would not have hired her if she told the truth about just being released from a psychiatric unit. Remember she arrived in Ireland 4 weeks later so she must have been arranging this maybe 2 weeks after she left the hospital. It's also been stated that JC wasn't told about her mental health problems until they were moving to North Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see that MMC's Facebook has opened back up with all her pleadings to the children. Propaganda in preparation for the trial?

Here's one post with comments from both Earnests and Molly's mother:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208668283971152&id=1432347225

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think it has been opened up; seems the same post she left for public viewing. One thing that does confuse me is the number of people saying how much they look like her. Do they not realise they are not her biological children. If they do, that is IMO a very strange comment to make.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members