GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I don't know if you understand this or not but we here on websleuths not on the jury . We don't have infulence on what the judge decides is admitted into evidence. We have minimal information at hand intentionally . Personally I think if one is admitted all should be with concerns raised by each party as to why they feel it was a coerced statement but preferably I would like NONE. You think only the dragon house interview should be admitted. I disagree . How many more times is this going to be rehashed . It's getting very tiresome . I think we should move on from this until/if it comes up in the trial . I for one think it is unnecessary
<modsnip>one has legal precedent whereas the other doesn't. One could delay the trial, the other expedite the proceedings. <modsnip>

So we are looking at age 10 yes??

Just gives us an idea of the weight behind the swing
62375399fba20e1d00e01ec0ffc327aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Not sure on age. If my recollection is correct ME in an interview stated it wasn't a new bat but was one of MM's brother's old ones from the house and that as JC grew out of a bat they brought a new/old one down - great way to get out of that pesky where is the receipt question.......

All IMO

Just going back over a post that truth wrote it's states in the search warrant

Does this mean the crime scene was not confined to the bedroom . Also it says

Do they mean this literally. If so how did Tom gain access to the room. Maybe we need to go through these again .

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-80a2-cb827408349b/568fd60db6a63.pdf.pdf
We need to listen to John Corbetts radio interview again to re : Sharon's version.

https://m.soundcloud.com/rte-radio-...n-corbett-who-died-recently-in-north-carolina

Back to the autopsy.

The arms are normally formed. No needle punctures, track marks, or ventral wrist scars are seen.
Smeared blood is on the hands. The fingernails are trimmed short and have blood underneath. The legs
are normally formed and without edema, amputation, or deformity. The toenails have overhangs of up
to 1/16" and have some blood underneath.

Smeared blood on the hands suggests to me that JC wasn't knocked out by the first blow and that he raised his hands to his wound/wounds.

We posted here mm and tm clothing was taken as evidence, will be interesting to see was Jason's bloody finger or handprints on either,

Watch out for it next week because in my opinion if not it may well prove he didn't touch her after first blow. It may also be the case this cast off blood from Jason's hands was smeared elsewhere between the pattern of splatters and the cast off blood it should give a picture of his movements if any and whether he tried to retreat

Moo

I concur I believe that the injuries to JC's hand and arm came from his defending himself from the blows. I assume we will not get an indication of in what order the blows came until trial to include any blows that occurred post mortem.

All IMO

I concur I believe that the injuries to JC's hand and arm came from his defending himself from the blows. I assume we will not get an indication of in what order the blows came until trial to include any blows that occurred post mortem.

All IMO
It's the smeared blood I'm looking at in autopsy emmalpage81. It would have left Jason's print on anything it touched. Hopefully it will provide clues.

<modsnip>one has legal precedent whereas the other doesn't. One could delay the trial, the other expedite the proceedings. <modsnip>

By your own link the other statements would thereby be introduced in accordance with Rule 806?

When a hearsay statement has been admitted in evidence, the credibility of the declarant maybe attacked, and if attacked may be supported, by any evidence which would be admissible forthose purposes if declarant had testified as a witness. Evidence of a statement or conduct by thedeclarant at any time, inconsistent with his hearsay statement, is not subject to any requirementthat he may have been afforded an opportunity to deny or explain.

This goes what back to what we have been saying all along, if one is admitted, they all can be admitted.

Further according to Evidence Issues in Criminal Cases Involving Child Victims and Child Witnesses (http://sogpubs.unc.edu/electronicversions/pdfs/aojb0807.pdf) it is stated at page 42:

The third step in the residual exception analysis requires a determination of whether the statementhas circumstantial guarantees of trustworthiness. When evaluating circumstantial guaranteesof trustworthiness, the court must examine &#8220;(1) assurances of the declarant&#8217;s personalknowledge of the underlying events, (2) the declarant&#8217;s motivation to speak the truth or otherwise,(3) whether the declarant has ever recanted the statement, and (4) the practical availability of the declarant at trial for meaningful cross examination'

JC has recanted. The Court must take this into consideration.

All IMO

It's the smeared blood I'm looking at in autopsy emmalpage81. It would have left Jason's print on anything it touched. Hopefully it will provide clues.

Oops sorry quick reading and I clearly didn't get the full jist.

By your own link the other statements would thereby be introduced in accordance with Rule 806?

When a hearsay statement has been admitted in evidence, the credibility of the declarant maybe attacked, and if attacked may be supported, by any evidence which would be admissible forthose purposes if declarant had testified as a witness. Evidence of a statement or conduct by thedeclarant at any time, inconsistent with his hearsay statement, is not subject to any requirementthat he may have been afforded an opportunity to deny or explain.

This goes what back to what we have been saying all along, if one is admitted, they all can be admitted.

All IMO

<modsnip>if I read that correctly Jack and Sarah would have to testify in person to dispute their own testimony. Nobody wants that.

<modsnip> if I read that correctly Jack and Sarah would have to testify in person to dispute their own testimony. Nobody wants that.

Well i read differently. If they include the testimony of the worker at Dragonfly House (because that is what we are talking about, not the children actually testifying its the people who interviewed them), then to counter the State can bring in the contents of the first interview and the third. The children were never going to testify.

All IMO

You know I've been reading the autopsy s first few paragraphs on an off over and over since yesterday. And every time I read it I feel a little sicker and a little more sad. I know this is absolutely and utterly key evidence for the case but every word of it strips a little bit more of the man behind it away. And we can forget in a second this was a father and a brother and a son and he laughed and went to work and met with friends and loved and was loved.

The trial starts Monday and I'm reminding myself moving forward here of the man behind the camera who now is the man behind the autopsy and the smear campaign. I thought if his picture is brought forward to our pages we might remember why we all came here for and keep him in mind in these coming days and weeks.

Rip Jason P Corbett
e15cd1f9a8c93d8bc09e26071e2b03f0.jpg

Well i read differently. If they include the testimony of the worker at Dragonfly House (because that is what we are talking about, not the children actually testifying its the people who interviewed them), then to counter the State can bring in the contents of the first interview and the third. The children were never going to testify.

All IMO
It's like you're asking him to recant his life in North Carolina. They were conducted in the course of a medical evaluation. IMO

You know I've been reading the autopsy s first few paragraphs on an off over and over since yesterday. And every time I read it I feel a little sicker and a little more sad. I know this is absolutely and utterly key evidence for the case but every word of it strips a little bit more of the man behind it away. And we can forget in a second this was a father and a brother and a son and he laughed and went to work and met with friends and loved and was loved.

The trial starts Monday and I'm reminding myself moving forward here of the man behind the camera who now is the man behind the autopsy and the smear campaign. I thought if his picture is brought forward to our pages we might remember why we all came here for and keep him in mind in these coming days and weeks.

Rip Jason P Corbett

RIP JASON
YOU WILL GET JUSTICE

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rip Jason P Corbett

Couldn't put it better. I have only looked at the autopsy a couple of times, mainly because medical is not something I have a grasp at, but the diagrams at the end, they get me every time. As you eloquently put it, this was a real person, someone who was loved, somebody who loved others.

Keep the personalizing out of your posts and post withrespect; otherwise you are violating TOS which can result in Time Outs being issued.

:tyou:

It's like you're asking him to recant his life in North Carolina. They were conducted in the course of a medical evaluation. IMO

As were the first, with a therapist set up by MM. An interview where JC made it clear he had negative feelings for MM and SC stated she had not witnessed any abuse.

All IMO

<modsnip>if I read that correctly Jack and Sarah would have to testify in person to dispute their own testimony. Nobody wants that.

I don't believe we have...on this thread...any criminal lawyers who,practice in the state of NC and have been verified by the management of this blog. For that reason, we should move on from trying to give opinions on our amateur interpretations of the law.

Thanks for the link of the interview with Jason's brother. I had forgotten that the Martens had tried to deny them the body for burial. Weren't they also trying to have him cremated before Tracy arrived? Looks like they knew the autopsy will be a real problem to their version of events.

As were the first, with a therapist set up by MM. An interview where JC made it clear he had negative feelings for MM and SC stated she had not witnessed any abuse.

All IMO
Did the Dr. Make a diagnosis of any kind?

Body markings: On the lateral aspect of the left lower leg is a black tattoo of Asian characters. Inferior
to the umbilicus is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular, hypopigmented and pink, apparently healing scar.

This answers our question about the staples after the gallbladder surgery Jason had and whether the surgery was close to the time of the the murder.

Umbilicus the area at or around the bellybutton Jason had a healing scar. I think it's highly likely this was his post surgery scar, the fact it was healing denotes that it was relatively new. Suggests laparopic surgery

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members