GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how you do it Stephen..
You are an absolute genius. I lose everything.
Thank God you are here- without your skills the victim unfriedlies.. etc..
Thanks sincerely for all your excellent work, you are a real rock.

How would this be applicable to this case?

Professional misconduct is being stated as the lawyers for one of the defendants issued a motion that was blatantly incorrect. When filing motions the lawyer has the duty to ensure that the information contained in that motion is true to the best of his knowledge and belief. In this case a simple enquiry would have shown that M Fiztpatrick was not at the wedding.

All IMO

Thank you!

Hmmm, I haven't found info on those interviews yet.

This article has details on 2 of the early interviews.
The information the children gave in separate interviews is concerning. moo

Is Winston-Salem Journal a reputable source?

~snip~
The day after Jason Corbett was found dead, Jack and Sarah were in Union County, where Molly Corbett’s brother, Robert Martens, lives, according to the motion. Molly Corbett and her father were in Winston-Salem. An investigator with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office referred the case to the Davidson County Department of Social Services. The Union County Department of Social Services was contacted, and social workers there arranged to interview the children.

The children were interviewed separately.

“Each child reported similar incidents of verbal and physical abuse by Jason Corbett inflicted upon Molly Corbett,” according to the motion.

The children were interviewed a second time on Aug. 6, the day of their father’s funeral. Jack and Sarah went to Dragonfly House Children’s Advocacy Center in Mocksville to attend a “child medical evaluation” that the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office had arranged, according to the motion.

The director of Dragonfly House did a forensic interview with each child. Two detectives with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office and a Davidson County social worker watched the interviews through a two-way mirror.

Sarah said in her interview that she saw her father start fights for “ridiculous reasons” and he would “hurt her mom.” According to the motion, Sarah said her father called Molly Corbett names on a daily basis and would call her on the phone frequently.

Jason Corbett also stepped on Molly Corbett’s foot, pulled her hair, rolled over her foot with a car, called her worthless and hit her in the face, Sarah said in the interview, according to the motion.

Jack said he saw his father “punch, hit and push” Molly Corbett and saw him push her down one time because “he wanted to look through her phone.”

“(His father) would cuss and scream at her; his mom would cry and try to block her ears,” Jack said, according to the motion.

In the months before he died, Jason Corbett got angrier — “his mom would scream for him to stop but she would just ball up under the covers and block her ears,” Jack said, according to the motion.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_925deba5-bef2-5f59-981b-e3a8e02508e0.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post Always. These interviews paint a rather typical pattern of domestic violence in the home; Molly curling up in a ball and begging him to stop yelling at her is a realistic portrayal of an abuse victim. I don't think children lie about these things if they have actually witnessed the actions. IMO

Professional misconduct is being stated as the lawyers for one of the defendants issued a motion that was blatantly incorrect. When filing motions the lawyer has the duty to ensure that the information contained in that motion is true to the best of his knowledge and belief. In this case a simple enquiry would have shown that M Fiztpatrick was not at the wedding.

All IMO

But, didn't the defense lawyers try to interview Mr. Fritzpatrick and he wouldn't talk to them? And then in a subsequent hearing they asked the judge to clarify that for him but he still wouldn't do it?

But, didn't the defense lawyers try to interview Mr. Fritzpatrick and he wouldn't talk to them? And then in a subsequent hearing they asked the judge to clarify that for him but he still wouldn't do it?

So if somebody doesn't want to talk to them they get to make up a conversation? He wasn't at the wedding, the conversation as stated was patently false.

Unless so ordered by a Court Mr Fitzpatrick was under no duty to talk to the lawyers of either MM or TM. If he didn't want to talk to them, that was his right, and a right that he ultimately exercised.

All IMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

Taken from Keith Mc Ginns book turning this thing around

https://www.amazon.com/Turning-Thing-Around-Keith-Maginn/dp/1481276182

These are the only victims RIP JASON
https://www.facebook.com/BringJackandSarahHome/videos/154025971598152/

Attachments

• IMG_4270.jpg
    IMG_4270.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4271.jpg
    IMG_4271.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 46
So if somebody doesn't want to talk to them they get to make up a conversation? He wasn't at the wedding, the conversation as stated was patently false.

Unless so ordered by a Court Mr Fitzpatrick was under no duty to talk to the lawyers of either MM or TM. If he didn't want to talk to them, that was his right, and a right that he ultimately exercised.

All IMO
You are so right. There was no obligation. But that doesn't mean it was made up either. The motion was withdrawn. Moot point. IMO Just can't see any misconduct from the defense.

All IMO

Yes surprising that this interview would have been ok

You are so right. There was no obligation. But that doesn't mean it was made up either. The motion was withdrawn. Moot point. IMO Just can't see any misconduct from the defense.

It was withdraw because it was proven to be false. Misconduct is filing a motion when you have not undertaken basic checks to ensure the accuracy or truthfullness of that motion.

All IMO

It was withdraw because it was proven to be false. Misconduct is filing a motion when you have not undertaken basic checks to ensure the accuracy or truthfullness of that motion.

All IMO
Great to have your experience on here

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

If Mr Fitzpatrick believe that Jason murdered his daughter, why WOULDNT he talk to them? Such blatant ridiculous lies.

All IMO
But that s my point. They sought more information to check accuracy.

Thank you for this post Always. These interviews paint a rather typical pattern of domestic violence in the home; Molly curling up in a ball and begging him to stop yelling at her is a realistic portrayal of an abuse victim. I don't think children lie about these things if they have actually witnessed the actions. IMO

Molly was "curling up in a ball" way back in her days with Maginn. Are you suspecting that her Father abused her...because the "realistic portrayal" long preceded her introduction to Jason.

Molly was "curling up in a ball" way back in her days with Maginn. Are you suspecting that her Father abused her...because the "realistic portrayal" long preceded her introduction to Jason.
I suspect only what I say I suspect. Don't put words in my mouth. Thank you very much.

Do we know that Mr Fitzpatrick didn't respond to them? We know that the defense went to the judge to clarify to members unknown of the Fitzpatrick family that it was their perrogative to engage with the defense...do we have any information to say that they did not then engage with the defense?

But that s my point. They sought more information to check accuracy.

What? They couldn't correlate with MF so filed anyway? This was a wedding in Tennessee, there would have been guestlists, other guests etc. You CANNOT file a motion on a guess, on a 'hopefully it's okay'. If they couldn't verify the information in the motion it should NOT have been filed. The fact they filed, argued it at pre-trial and only withdrew after the family pointed out that MF was not at the wedding is a complete joke. There are standards that lawyers must adhere to, in regards to this motion, they were not.

All IMO

If we condone the tactics of this motion, suppose someone steps forward to say Mollys dead relative said she performed satanic rituals beating goats to death in the home. By standards of fairness, that should come in too?

In other words, anybody can make up anything if the "source" is dead?

What? They couldn't correlate with MF so filed anyway? This was a wedding in Tennessee, there would have been guestlists, other guests etc. You CANNOT file a motion on a guess, on a 'hopefully it's okay'. If they couldn't verify the information in the motion it should NOT have been filed. The fact they filed, argued it at pre-trial and only withdrew after the family pointed out that MF was not at the wedding is a complete joke. There are standards that lawyers must adhere to, in regards to this motion, they were not.

All IMO

The defense withdrew the motion. What more do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne