GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When TM starts the CPR, the operator tells him how to place BOTH his hands and push down 2" into the chest . He starts the compressions, but stops in the middle to hand the phone over to MC. Was he still holding the Phone when he started? Once you start the compressions it's important to keep a rhythm and not just stop them when you want to pass a phone over, if you were doing it properly to begin with. IMO

Sorry to be graphic, but the news today that part of his scalp was found...is chilling. if you were hitting someone with such force that a piece of his scalp flew off...if you didn't want to kill him...wouldn't you stop? How can you see a piece of scalp fly off and just keep on and on?

if they had stopped jc may have survived and could have them charged with attempted murder he could have stood in a court of law and spoke of his life with mm and the events that led to that night ,tm was not and could not allow that to happen

just my opinion only

Not all issues spoken about here will make it to the trial. We probably know about one tenth of the information that will be presented. That's why I'm waiting to hear the story before deciding if Thomas acted in self defense or not.

My understanding about why we are here is to discuss the case. We are all entitled to our own opinion. A lively debate usually encompasses both points of view. This entire trial is happening because Jason has rights and the state is prosecuting because he was killed. But if anything impedes the defendants' right to a fair trial then the verdict can be overturned on appeal. IMO

My own perception is that you are too willing to downplay Molly's prominent role in the murder of Jason Corbett, I find you much more sympathetic to her than I believe she deserves, e,g, trying to identify a bruise on her hand, when there are none on her throat even though both she and her father said she was being choked. Now you are inferring that Tom Martens might have killed Jason Corbett in self-defense when clearly the autopsy shows a man horrifically and very brutally battered and bashed to death, and perhaps even left there to die whole Martens calmed themselves, concocted and rehearsed their stories and Tom calmly called 911. IMO if you think you may have killed your son-in-law, you'd have at least rolled him over to see if he was breathing before calling 911, his wife, who was trained and certified in CPR didn't even try to see if he was alive and if she could have revived him. You may think you're just playing "devil's advocate" but I believe your posts show too much willingness to have Molly Martens in role of "victim" in this brutal murder, and there's just no logical reason to come to that conclusion.

As a forensic psychologist, can you say what would be one's obligation to Molly's ticking time bomb behavior? If she hadn't been in treatment for either bipolar or major depression for 8 years, and has no medical records to show otherwise, would the previous diagnosis rule? Bipolar or depression?

I'm wondering at what point would those close to her who see something, have to say something?

So where did the Trazodone come from, a drug used to treat depression and in some cases is also prescribed to treat Bipolar? Was it SM's if not MM's? It wasn't Jason's because he had never been treated for depression and the medication is contradictory to his medical condition related to heart. MM may not have medical treatment records under Jason's health insurance for depression or bipolar, but that doesn't mean she wasn't sneaking to a doctor and paying in cash instead of running it through insurance records, or that SM wasn't filling the scripts for her. In this day and age of digital records you can't hide that kind of thing forever unless of course somehow you have a fake ID and are being treated with that faked identity? Somehow someone in that house on Aug 1 2015 had Trazodone to give to Jason Corbett even though he had has a couple beers that day, which would have increased the side effects of dizziness and drowsiness BTW.

Well, here's the thing. How can they suggest he was drugged and killed in his sleep if they don't have evidence to substantiate it? And I'm sure they can provide an alternate theory of the crime, but not five or six. He had trazodone in his system, but unless they can connect the dots to a prescription in the family, (means and method) I don't think they can state in court that "Molly must have drugged him". IMO

Just adding commentary- The trazadone does support the theory of in his sleep imo. I am prescribed trazadone due to insomnia and a hard time staying asleep. I take that and I am out cold, and groggy the next day if i don't sleep 8-10 hours.

Hard to claim self defense with someone who had taken trazadone due to its sleep inducing effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just adding commentary- The trazadone does support the theory of in his sleep imo. I am prescribed trazadone due to insomnia and a hard time staying asleep. I take that and I am out cold, and groggy the next day if i don't sleep 8-10 hours.

Hard to claim self defense with someone who had taken trazadone due to its sleep inducing effect

Thats a really good point..
We made efforts to estimate the time it had been ingested and the quantity ingested which would produce the autopsy tox result?
It was a difficult calculation to make and we drew no final conclusions

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-533d-86af-032964d7a959/56e1690d433ca.pdf.pdf

We also speculated on the possibility that the drug had been given at intervals based on half-life and on the possibility he had not been aware he was ingesting a medicine.

Did you ever happen to taste the drug, by any chance?

Wow can't say I'm too shocked but glad to see this

Me too, I listened to the call, and thought TM was very calm, and that he also didn't sound like someone who had just been in the right of his life trying to defend his daughter from being choked. Just how long did it take for TM to calm down? WIth Jason Corbett laying there all that time face down with neither MM or TM checking him to see if he was still alive?I have awful feeling TM left Jason there dying just long enough not be saved.

It sounds to me like they will play the call. The defense doesn't want the court to hear her opinion. If the jury comes to the conclusion that he was too calm on the phone, I think they argue they should come to that conclusion on their own. IMO

Of course they will play the call, and the 911 Dispatcher isn't giving her opinion, she's giving expert testimony based on her years of experience and training.

Thats a really good point..
We made efforts to estimate the time it had been ingested and the quantity ingested which would produce the autopsy tox result?
It was a difficult calculation to make and we drew no final conclusions

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-533d-86af-032964d7a959/56e1690d433ca.pdf.pdf

We also speculated on the possibility that the drug had been given at intervals based on half-life and on the possibility he had not been aware he was ingesting a medicine.

Did you ever happen to taste the drug, by any chance?

Sometimes I will take it without water and if my mouth is dry I can taste it. It has a slightly chalky taste.

I wish they were more specific on the amount In his system because a normal doze for inducing sleet ranges from 50mg - 100 mgs (at least what my doctor told me)

Of course they will play the call, and the 911 Dispatcher isn't giving her opinion, she's giving expert testimony based on her years of experience and training.

In this case in South Africa, Henri van Breda giggled when he phoned emergency service - operator.

Emergency operator Janine Philander said she heard Van Breda giggling at the start of the phone call.

"It still sounds like a slight giggle," she said.

In audio recordings of the phone calls, Philander can be heard asking Van Breda if he is alone.

She told the court that people usually made prank calls when they are alone.

"To me it sounded like someone hesitant to even make the call," she said.

Philander told the court that Van Breda came across as calm when he phoned.

"When something life-threatening happens to you, you are going to scream; shout. When I get back to you, you are going to want my job," she said.

"Victims don't allow you to play with their time."

Judge Siraj Desai told Philander that her testimony is an opinion and not evidence. He said the court will decide if it is evidence or not.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...he-phoned-emergency-service-operator-20170517

Only time I hear him stressed on call is when he is asked to roll him over "I'm trying lady" with a small amount of exertion heard in his voice.

MM however imo gave a great performance just after he says "they are here" as soon as paramedics are in earshot,

Does it occur to anyone why someone who's been in a room with her husband for 14 mins during 911 call and God knows how long before that, why do they have to be dragged out of the room screaming only when paramedics arrive, why in the last few minutes of the call is someone so deeply distraught and desperately delivering cpr yet they sat in silence for most of the call and didn't start cpr until forced to do so. ??

"I have to get my daughter out of there" "Come out of there molly let them do their job" why was she getting in the way of them doing their job? ?

Imo this is when the victim appeared, outsiders were at the scene, saw what they did, so there was no time for bring him back, don't let him die, I'm so sorry, but imo more of look at me here wearing myself out trying to save this man I'm exhausted, I tried everything, a dramatic opening scene imo.

Also with regard to hoarseness. She screamed that much after they arrived of course she was hoarse.

Just my opinions not written as fact.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/

The operator that took the call will be the first witness for the state after opening statements today Yesterday, during the pre trial discussion in the absence of the jury , the defence raised concerns over pre trial statements the operator has made to the prosecution in which she alleges that Mr Martens was "surprisingly calm" during the call
The operator is also alleged to have said she had "never spoken to a caller who was so calm" during a 911 emergency call
In response ,lawyers for the state told the court that they do not intend to question the witness about her observations She <the witness > was not of the opionion that they were actually doing CPR
Jones Byrd one of the two defence lawyers representing retire FBI agent Mr Martens said the 9911 should speak for itself , He added that there was further concern that other emergency response personnel who attended the scene may offer "observations" in evidence. These he said included statements about the temperature of Mr Corbetts body and whether blood in certain areas was "wet or dry" He added that inferences could be drawn from these observation and that there could be evidence to the contrary

All seems really odd to me that professionals who have dealt with homicides or assault previously wouldn't be allowed to give observations . I suppose next the ME will be told what they can or can't observe from the autopsy, We don't like that hinge fracture lets leave that out out in case it affects how people see Miss Molly and Mr Martens IMO
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4487.jpg
    IMG_4487.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 83
Very interesting the defence want to stop people who attended the scene from giving observations including on the temperature of the body......

In the article Stephan posted above.

All IMO

And the choice of appearance is just getting more bizarre where are the tight short dresses and heels gone. They seem to think people are blind to all of this. Blind to everything.

Jmo

Totally agree courtney... <modsnip>This is real life, this is a man murdered, battered to a pulp in his own home while his babies slept in the next room,by the woman he crossed the ocean for and gave her everything she wanted, money house holidays but nothing, absolutely nothing was enough for Miss Molly...
Presuming the children were asleep, god knows how they stayed asleep, were they given something to sleep, but thank god they didnt wake or we could be discussing a family murdered....Nothing will get in the Martens way...imo

When TM starts the CPR, the operator tells him how to place BOTH his hands and push down 2" into the chest . He starts the compressions, but stops in the middle to hand the phone over to MC. Was he still holding the Phone when he started? Once you start the compressions it's important to keep a rhythm and not just stop them when you want to pass a phone over, if you were doing it properly to begin with. IMO

Only time I hear him stressed on call is when he is asked to roll him over "I'm trying lady" with a small amount of exertion heard in his voice.

MM however imo gave a great performance just after he says "they are here" as soon as paramedics are in earshot,

Does it occur to anyone why someone who's been in a room with her husband for 14 mins during 911 call and God knows how long before that, why do they have to be dragged out of the room screaming only when paramedics arrive, why in the last few minutes of the call is someone so deeply distraught and desperately delivering cpr yet they sat in silence for most of the call and didn't start cpr until forced to do so. ??

"I have to get my daughter out of there" "Come out of there molly let them do their job" why was she getting in the way of them doing their job? ?

Imo this is when the victim appeared, outsiders were at the scene, saw what they did, so there was no time for bring him back, don't let him die, I'm so sorry, but imo more of look at me here wearing myself out trying to save this man I'm exhausted, I tried everything, a dramatic opening scene imo.

Also with regard to hoarseness. She screamed that much after they arrived of course she was hoarse.

Just my opinions not written as fact.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I don't think the sequence of turns carrying out the CPR is correct. I don't want to listen to the tape any more, but it struck me when I did listen to it that at one point when it should have been MM's turn to take over, its actually TM on the phone, and he then hands the phone to Molly. It should have been the other way around. It is hard to tell who's doing what (or not as seems to be the case) but if you follow the operators instructions you'll see what I mean.

I don't think the sequence of turns carrying out the CPR is correct. I don't want to listen to the tape any more, but it struck me when I did listen to it that at one point when it should have been MM's turn to take over, its actually TM on the phone, and he then hands the phone to Molly. It should have been the other way around. It is hard to tell who's doing what (or not as seems to be the case) but if you follow the operators instructions you'll see what I mean.

Let's not forget when the dispatcher asked TM if he was ready to take over again he replied 'i guess i have to be' and 'i'll try'. Not the words you would imagine someone trying to save somebody's life would use.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...thomas-martens-s-911-call-to-police-1.2489417

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member