GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought is even if they can't get this admitted they can persue the line of questioning with forensics as in .....force of blows lenght of assault would someone be physically affected by such exertion....

And then jurors hear 911

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

If this is admmited I go back to my earlier post, that call will ring out all over that court and it will be chilling imo. And along with testimony it's strong !

It sounds to me like they will play the call. The defense doesn't want the court to hear her opinion. If the jury comes to the conclusion that he was too calm on the phone, I think they argue they should come to that conclusion on their own. IMO

Every positive bit of news feels good then you go back to the scene behind the news and your devastated again remembering Jason C. [emoji22]family must feel broken.

So the defense doesn't want Jason referred to as gentle. They dont want the expert opinion of the operator how how strangely calm TM was.

This may be a proper defense but it is not a quest for the truth. But I guess that's the only way they can save Miss Molly.

It's not about the truth. It's about subtracting enough of the truth to fool the jury...in my humble opinion , of course. But happily this case will get wide and blaring publicity. THe jury might not know what tricks were pulled, what facts were hidden, but the wider public will.

They will know.

It sounds to me like they will play the call. The defense doesn't want the court to hear her opinion. If the jury comes to the conclusion that he was too calm on the phone, I think they argue they should come to that conclusion on their own. IMO

Well, sounds like prosecution want to lay the ground for demonstrating TM state of mind. Operator can only speak as to her opinion gained by x years of experience. That would be allowed wouldn't it?

Then if defence make the point that he is trained FBI and therefore calm in an emergency, it leaves the door open for prosecution to ask why a trained FBI agent lost all control of the situation and beat a man to death.

Well, let's not hear any opinions about Molly being choked from any experts.. Let them look at photographs of her in the ensuing days and....come to that conclusion on their own,

So the defense doesn't want Jason referred to as gentle. They dont want the expert opinion of the operator how how strangely calm TM was.

This may be a proper defense but it is not a quest for the truth. But I guess that's the only way they can save Miss Molly.

It's not about the truth. It's about subtracting enough of the truth to fool the jury...in my humble opinion , of course. But happily this case will get wide and blaring publicity. THe jury might not know what tricks were pulled, what facts were hidden, but the wider public will.

They will know.

I think we have said all along . The defence are there to defend and exonerate their clients at any cost . Be it truthful or deceitful either way they get paid . They are going for the all American family image which of course on paper the Martens are . They have tried to portray Jason's family" as in it for the money" . It's only when you scratch underneath the surface with the little information that we have, that although the perfect family image is portrayed nothing could be further from the truth ... IMO

Ben Coley @LexDispatchBC

13 seated jurors asked to return at 11 am tomorrow, opening statements won't happen until at least then
4:25 PM · Jul 24, 2017

Just trawling through Twitter. Check out @bobcostner , he gives a little bit more info than some of the others following the case, 2 potential jurors excused today as one had an abusive husband and another as he worked at the same plant that Jason managed.

Given the opinion of the experienced 911 dispatcher and the fact Jason had no broken ribs would it be logical to assume that Cpr was not administered? Would the jury also come to this conclusion and if so would this not affect the credibility of the Martens . If they can lie about this what else are they not being truthful about .

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170724/one-alternate-juror-selected-in-corbett-trial

Well, one thing we know from MM's own mouth on the 911 call...she was "certified." Yet she let Jason lie there...didn't even try to help him...until dear old Dad was TOLD to start CPR... and needed to interrupt whatever she was doing and ask for help.

It sounded like they didn't even want to touch him. Too "bloody." Oooooh. "We are too refined to touch the product of our savagery."

Just trawling through Twitter. Check out @bobcostner , he gives a little bit more info than some of the others following the case, 2 potential jurors excused today as one had an abusive husband and another as he worked at the same plant that Jason managed.

I imagine that nothing but kind words were said . Jason was well liked in the plant nobody had a bad word to say about him even though he was the boss

Listening to that awful call again two things strike me other than the eerie calm of TM. 1. They had to turn Jason on his back which means he was either prone on his side or lying on his front. He appeared to have trouble turning him so it sounds more like he was on his front.With the damage to the back of his poor skull it really sounds like he was struck from behind. Was he trying to flee? 2. "I guess I'll have to be"... when asked if he was rested enough to take over CPR. Any help he rendered if at all was begrudgingly given..... how callous and cruel..

Sorry to be graphic, but the news today that part of his scalp was found...is chilling. if you were hitting someone with such force that a piece of his scalp flew off...if you didn't want to kill him...wouldn't you stop? How can you see a piece of scalp fly off and just keep on and on?

Given the opinion of the experienced 911 dispatcher and the fact Jason had no broken ribs would it be logical to assume that Cpr was not administered? Would the jury also come to this conclusion and if so would this not affect the credibility of the Martens . If they can lie about this what else are they not being truthful about .

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170724/one-alternate-juror-selected-in-corbett-trial
The thing about CPR is that it is only effective if the patient is alive to begin with.
I mean no disrespect.

The thing about the 911 call is that it does not need an expert to recognise there is something amiss, but if these are the games that are on the agenda it sure looks to me that this court of law will be subjected to the same level of disrespect as the entire proceedings to date.

I dont have any idea how judges perceive this kind of nonsense at all.

Is it considered normal practice?
How is it perceived by juries?

its simple enough to resolve in any case.. any medic would be more than happy to opine.
People aren't stupid.

There's seems to be a movement among some in this country that assumes that "fairness" means that the accused must be presented to the jury as the Personification of Perfection. The truth is too often seen as"prejudicial." Now you can smear the victim all you want...that's allowed...but you cannot even tell the historical truth about the accused.

Is the trial being televised? TIA
Hi Wildebeest,
Nice to see you.

No cameras or recording equipment is to be permitted and very strict penalties if an member of the press expose the identity of a witness,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member