GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I have ADHD too. And sometimes I just need some help getting to sleep. I have two bipolar friends however, and they have both moved away from that enormous, gallon-baggy full cocktail of prescribed medicines. I think they manage their lives now with four or five. IMO

My friend takes only Lithium, and her condition is controlled very well these days. I think this is partly because she is now very self aware, and recognizes when her own behavior and feelings indicate that she is veering into psychosis, and gets help when she needs it.

It did take many years for her to reach that level of self awareness, though.

The call itself will raise many question at the trial but the fact that two weapons were used I suspect will be focused on very substantially. Will be interesting to see if either MM or TM takes the stand, I doubt it for MM but I do think that TM will. As to how he will explain two weapons is beyond me. He accidentally dropped the bat that he came armed into the room with but Jason kept coming so he reached out and found the paving stone which just happened to be lying on the bedside locker. What will be very interesting is the forensic evidence as to what blows were inflicted with which weapon, what position the victim was in and which was the fatal blow. Blood spatter will also be crucial.

Any lawyer would tell you the factors that support putting the accused on the stand is the persuasiveness of the prosecution case and how it went down with the jury. Should this be the case of a good prosecution case then they would have to weigh up the accused in their stability and their rationality and persuasiveness. JC experience would make him an ideal, MM the last person as for SM I’m damn well sure she won’t make any slip ups and where she is cornered it will be the mantra of “mommy without her kids” how awful.

This was at the guardianship hearing before Mollys lawyers became aware of Keith's book written many years before this tragedy. She left for Ireland aged 24 if my memory is correct. Keith's relationship finished just previous to this

And remember, credibility is key in this case.

I'd bet some decent cash that the bulk of her issues were from attempting to self medicate. I also doubt that she was completely honest with her physicians. The staggering amount of meds (26!) is mind blowing. The fact that she was also taking narcotics is interesting. This woman was a ticking time bomb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend takes only Lithium, and her condition is controlled very well these days. I think this is partly because she is now very self aware, and recognizes when her own behavior and feelings indicate that she is veering into psychosis, and gets help when she needs it.

It did take many years for her to reach that level of self awareness, though.
I'm just curious. Does your friend work? My friend couldn't hold her job any longer and had to go on disability. For awhile there it seemed like she was extremely awake or extremely groggy, nothing in between. She is more stable now. It always surprises though when she says "I'm feeling a little manic."

Why was it left to Keith Maginn to admit her to a hospital? When she was cycling in and out of mania and depression, where were her saviors, Mommy and Daddy? She might have killed herself at any point. Why were they not rushing to her at that point?

Well, she was a drain on them at that point, emotionally and financially. She embarrassed them. They put her up alone in an apartment. Then Maginn took her on. THat bipolar hyper-sexuality could be useful. But seriously, why were they NOT protective and involved when her bipolar disease was so extreme?

Well..She didn't have a successful husband paying their way on cruises. Maginn was living in the apartment they had to pay for. She didn't have two beautiful NORMAL healthy children to show off.

Keeping Jason must have been a Goal One...but they sure were not around when she was desperately sick and needed them most.

I'm just curious. Does your friend work? My friend couldn't hold her job any longer and had to go on disability. For awhile there it seemed like she was extremely awake or extremely groggy, nothing in between. She is more stable now. It always surprises though when she says "I'm feeling a little manic."

She lives in the UK - she gets disability benefits, but she also works part time teaching in a college. She is allowed to work a certain number of hours before it affects her benefit. She would rather work full time, but because she knows that there will be times when she is unable to work, she does not want to risk coming off the benefits.

It's a tough situation, but she has raised 3 lovely now adult daughters, and is enjoying her grandchildren. Life goes on, she learned how to cope.

[video=twitter;889506839871860736]https://twitter.com/kittyf21/status/889506839871860736[/video]

Whatever our faith, lack of faith,or our opinions on this case, I hope we can all take a minute before 2pm to pray for "the peace that passes understanding" to envelop the Corbett and Lynch families and all who loved Jason.

Let's remind ourselves that piece of skull sticking to the bedroom wall...is to them, not evidence, but the tiny remains of a brother, a friend, a father and a son. This is where his Mother may have once kissed him, where his sister may have tosseled his hair. The reality of his suffering and their loss is indescribable.

Maybe Thomas Hardy said it best:

"All quiet roads of life ran on to this;
When they were little for their mother’s kiss.
Little feet hastening, so soft, unworn,
To the vows and the vigil and the road of thorn."

I'd bet some decent cash that the bulk of her issues were from attempting to self medicate. I also doubt that she was completely honest with her physicians. The staggering amount of meds (26!) is mind blowing. The fact that she was also taking narcotics is interesting. This woman was a ticking time bomb.

As a forensic psychologist, can you say what would be one's obligation to Molly's ticking time bomb behavior? If she hadn't been in treatment for either bipolar or major depression for 8 years, and has no medical records to show otherwise, would the previous diagnosis rule? Bipolar or depression?

I'm wondering at what point would those close to her who see something, have to say something?

Molly said in the custody hearing that she had been misdiagnosed as bipolar and hadn't been prescribed anything for it for more than eight years. In a "presumed guilty until proven innocent" environment, that of course is a bold-faced lie. Evidently she did inpatient therapy prior to going to Ireland. Nobody knows for sure what her medical history has been since then. I'm not convinced it's an element of this crime, but we will see. IMO

But then Tracey stated under oath that she frequently left her lithium lying in the bathroom within easy reach of the kids....

Whatever our faith, lack of faith,or our opinions on this case, I hope we can all take a minute before 2pm to pray for "the peace that passes understanding" to envelop the Corbett and Lynch families and all who loved Jason.

Let's remind ourselves that piece of skull sticking to the bedroom wall...is to them, not evidence, but the tiny remains of a brother, a friend, a father and a son. This is where his Mother may have once kissed him, where his sister may have tosseled his hair. The reality of his suffering and their loss is indescribable.

Beautiful words thoughts and prayers for jasons children family and friends during this difficult and emotional trial

But then Tracey stated under oath that she frequently left her lithium lying in the bathroom within easy reach of the kids....
That's why so much that has been asserted needs to be verified in order to be considered true. Im confused about when that happened? Was it in Ireland when she was working as the Nanny? Or a visit back there after she and Jason got married? I'm not at all saying it didn't happen, but if MM denies being prescribed it, then where did it come from? And if Molly didn't tell Jason about being bipolar until they moved to the states, why didn't Tracey tell Jason prior to that? I have to think the lithium observation, as well as drinking all day and driving the kids around, She would say something to Jason? And then, did Jason say anything about it to Molly? IMO

That's why so much that has been asserted needs to be verified in order to be considered true. Im confused about when that happened? Was it in Ireland when she was working as the Nanny? Or a visit back there after she and Jason got married? I'm not at all saying it didn't happen, but if MM denies being prescribed it, then where did it come from? And if Molly didn't tell Jason about being bipolar until they moved to the states, why didn't Tracey tell Jason prior to that? I have to think the lithium observation, as well as drinking all day and driving the kids around, She would say something to Jason? And then, did Jason say anything about it to Molly? IMO

I wonder what the situation was for medical treatment for Molly in Ireland. Did she have medical insurance? I would think it might be hard to get with a pre existing condition. If she was still on her parents' insurance, would it cover here when outside of the US? Who prescribed the Lithium while she was living in Ireland?

If she was leaving it around the house then Jason must have been aware that she was being treated for mental health issues.

I guess all this wil be clarified at the trial.

Beautiful. [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

That is just beautiful.. made me shed a tear.. At this stage it is all in Gods hands and in the hands of the jury. Remembering the Corbett family at this horrendous time, with great admiration and respect and praying for some peace for them.

I wonder what the situation was for medical treatment for Molly in Ireland. Did she have medical insurance? I would think it might be hard to get with a pre existing condition. If she was still on her parents' insurance, would it cover here when outside of the US? Who prescribed the Lithium while she was living in Ireland?

If she was leaving it around the house then Jason must have been aware that she was being treated for mental health issues.

I guess all this wil be clarified at the trial.

It's usually a requirement of the work visa for non EU persons coming to Ireland to work that they have in place appropriate health insurance and evidence of this must be provided on applying for a visa. However I have always had questions around her visa status in Ireland and how she came to remain there for so long. However there was nothing that would stop her from signing up with a doctor's surgery in Limerick a perhaps the same surgery that Jason and the kids attended and just paying for visits and prescriptions however I do believe certain meds for mental health issues are quite expensive there.

It's usually a requirement of the work visa for non EU persons coming to Ireland to work that they have in place appropriate health insurance and evidence of this must be provided on applying for a visa. However I have always had questions around her visa status in Ireland and how she came to remain there for so long. However there was nothing that would stop her from signing up with a doctor's surgery in Limerick a perhaps the same surgery that Jason and the kids attended and just paying for visits and prescriptions however I do believe certain meds for mental health issues are quite expensive there.
Would she need to supply a PPS number to sign up with a doctor? It's been a very long time since I lived in Ireland, so much has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64