GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holton also quoted as saying it was 30 hrs later and Freedman claiming Molly didn't take antidepressants since she was very young and that she hadn't taken medication for years .and yearsKeith Mc Ginns book written years before this tragedy would prove this inaccurate. I wonder was Molly forthcoming about her mental health . It doesn't seem so to me
Walter Holton, attorney for Ms Martens, said: ‘The medical examiner report indicates that some 30 hours after his death they drew the blood and that blood had an alcohol content of 0.02% but it’s not indicative of what the content of his blood would have been on the night that this incident happened.’The examination of Mr Corbett’s body was carried out on August 3 at 10.05am at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Mr Holton told ABC: ‘[Mr Corbett] was violent that night, what caused that, whether alcohol contributed to that or whether a drug contributed to that is for experts to opine about.
‘There will be testimony of witnesses about their relationship but anyone who chokes their wife at three o’clock in the morning to the point where a 911 call ensues, that is what I call physically abusive,’ he added.
Speaking to EVOKE.ie previously Molly Martens lawyer David Freedman said Molly had been on ‘antidepressants’ when she was very young but had ‘not been on medications for years and years.’
It followed allegations by Molly’s sister in law Tracey Lynch in court filings after her brother’s death that Molly had been ‘diagnosed with bipolar disorder from a young age, and claimed the children’s stepmother left her lithium medication lying around, and also suffered from other medical conditions.’

Heinous Law and Legal Definition. Heinous means hateful or shockingly evil. A grossly wicked or reprehensible action is called heinous act. The term is mostly used to refer to crimes. For example, heinousmurder.
atrocious - Legal Definition. n. An act that is outrageously cruel, vile, and wicked and that demonstrates a depravity and insensitive brutality, especially when using senseless, excessive, or extreme violence during the commission of a crime.

Cruel definition in legal terms Such punishment as would amount to torture or barbarity, any cruel and degrading punishment not known to the Common Law, or any fine, penalty, confinement, or treatment that is so disproportionate to the offense as to shock the moral sense of the community.

Jason Corbetts autopsy Henious atrocious and cruel

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5d24-a2ed-e651f4d8e6fd/56907dd1da036.pdf.pdf

We don't actually know at this point who asked Jack to lie in the original interviews. They were surrounded by adults with a vested interest after their father's death, it is possible that people who are used to covering for Molly tried to 'encourage' Jack to do the same. The kids spent alot of time in the care of Sharon Martens while Molly was being interviewed. They were living in the home of her brother. Uncle Mike & Mona were busy 'supporting' by organising cremations, and life insurance, and passports. Anyone could have influenced Jack. You don't have to blatantly threaten in order to influence a child of that age and in that emotional disposition to view things in a particular way.

Unless it WAS Molly who asked Jack to lie for her, but IMO she has already discredited his evidence by stating many times on social media that anything he utters after leaving her care will be lies anyway, so surely the defense would be able to dismiss it via an alternative means?

I'm just wondering if these particular interviews are mentioned in either of the motions, either by the defense or the prosecution?

More dismissed Jurors
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4403.JPG
    IMG_4403.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4404.JPG
    IMG_4404.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4406.JPG
    IMG_4406.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 126
I'm just wondering if these particular interviews are mentioned in either of the motions, either by the defense or the prosecution?

As far as I am aware we do not have any knowledge of which motions will be admitted and which will be dismissed thus far, so it is all supposition on our part. Hopefully we will know more after jury selection.

More dismissed Jurors
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks Stephen!

I find this whole process fascinating, that you know so much about the jurors and their potential conflicts of interest. They seem to be doing a very thorough job, so we have 4, another 8 to go Maybe opening arguments by Monday at this rate?

Thanks Stephen!

I find this whole process fascinating, that you know so much about the jurors and their potential conflicts of interest. They seem to be doing a very thorough job, so we have 4, another 8 to go Maybe opening arguments by Monday at this rate?

I too find it fascinating.I have never followed a case before and never wish to again . It's draining and a rollercoaster of emotions exciting at times but mostly sad because behind these news articles and legal documents are real children real people fighting for justice for their dad and brother . As kitty said they are thousand of miles from home outlawyered in a justice system they really have limited knowledge of. The whole process is drawn out and confusing especially when trying to come to terms with your grief. This particular case is like a bad soap opera . In fact I don't think even the most accomplished writers could come up with a story line as complex. But yet this is the reality that Jason's family and friends find themselves in. I looked at the video again on the jfj page and think how different it could have been and it made me a little sadder.

I too find it fascinating.I have never followed a case before and never wish to again . It's draining and a rollercoaster of emotions exciting at times but mostly sad because behind these news articles and legal documents are real children real people fighting for justice for their dad and brother . As kitty said they are thousand of miles from home outlawyered in a justice system they really have limited knowledge of. The whole process is drawn out and confusing especially when trying to come to terms with your grief. This particular case is like a bad soap opera . In fact I don't think even the most accomplished writers could come up with a story line as complex. But yet this is the reality that Jason's family and friends find themselves in. I looked at the video again on the jfj page and think how different it could have been and it made me a little sadder.

It is overwhelmingly sad. My hope is that at the end of this process they are able to draw a line under everything. To finally put these last few years to rest and to be able to move on and grieve in private. To no longer be under the spotlight and judged for a situation far beyond their control. I hope they can heal, and I hope they can find peace.

There is one consolation, no matter through which lens we see this case...both sides will have to live forever with the REAL truth.

What I mean is...if Jason Corbett was, as I believe, the gentle loving son, father, and brother...the Corbett-Lynch family will go home to Ireland after this... with the truth of those memories. They will raise the children within that same joyful family atmosphere and supportive community that framed Jason's life. Whatever the truth of their lives before this tragedy may be, that's the future they have before them.

Likewise, the Martens will either be convicted or set free, but they will absolutely go back to the truth of whatever their family life is also. If found not guilty, they will live with the truth of whichever "Molly Martens" persona is the real one.

Tom and Sharon Martens will also live with the truth of what happened in that bedroom.Not what the jury can be convinced to believe...but the REAL truth. They will either heal...or be haunted. But they will have to live with the ACTUAL TRUTH of what they know of their daughter and what they know of Jason's murder. They will never be free of the truth.

If it's true that Molly is the gentle non-violent soul who has conquered bipolar disease, migraines and insomnia....well, that is the daughter they will have back in their midst and among their friends, neighbors and the general public. The truth of her REAL character will be on exhibit every single day of the rest of her life, if she goes free.

Because the truth can either "set you free" or be a lifetime prison of its own.

i vry much doubt it Electric Sheep because child health care professionals in Ireland are held to extraordinarily high ethical standards.
I also think its credible because the timing is congruent with a stage of realisation in a child's mind regarding a major shocking life event.. death of a parent, death of a second parent in this child's case and the beginning of an understanding of murder, and murder by significant others to boot.
Major betrayal and Like others have said and I have said too, forcefully on many occasion- lets leave them alone.
They can read but I would prefer they did not lest theyfeel compelled or in a case of transference, that the burden becomes shifted to their wee shoulders.
I know the media will be splattered with stories and that is unavoidable but we dont need to add to it, do we?
Its not our case, we dont own it and we dont have any rights here.
I even have a strong inclination to stay away from now on, lest I contribute to voyeurism or vampirism. Its none of my business.
But I do honestly appreciate this space and having spent more time here looking at other cases I am beginning to understand too that there exists a level of ethics in the rules that I have not always appreciated but am coming to understand are so respectful of the dead and humanity that they merge with the sacred in many aspects.

Its one thing sleuthing a case, searching for answers and its awfully exciting challenging and wholly engaging and forces one to expand one's mind and..work.
But a man has died.
His children are orphans.
What can I realistically contribute at this stage?
Thanks .

Kitty, you have been a tireless researcher here but you have also been a moral "stop sign" on this Board. You have called us back to reality when we all needed that focus. My Mother used to have an expression.."You can tell her heart is in it."

That's you.

[video=twitter;887696642396344321]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/887696642396344321[/video]

[video=twitter;887696642396344321]https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII/status/887696642396344321[/video]
Thanks Stephan, any idea what defence can and can't do re: jurors now. Can they dismiss them all or a few or how does it work?

Stmarysmeade?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Not 100% on this so somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the prosecution has the burden of proof so since they're satisfied with the jurors it's likely the defence will dismiss at least some. The process starts again and the next 12 potential jurors are called for questioning by the prosecution

Not 100% on this so somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the prosecution has the burden of proof so since they're satisfied with the jurors . Its likely the defence will dismiss at least some. The process starts again and the next 12 potential jurors are called for questioning by the prosecution
Thanks we could be looking at next week so for opening arguments. Who knows maybe defence will surprise us.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Alittle more information

No reason is required for a lawyer to use a peremptory challenge to excuse a potential juror. Such challenges allow each side to dismiss jurors who are otherwise qualified, but appear likely to favor the opposing party. However, peremptory challenges cannot be used to exclude jurors on the basis of race or class. Lawyers only have a specified number of peremptory challenges available—that number varies from state to state and depending on the nature of the case (a misdemeanor, felony, or death penalty trial).

Striking the Jury

In the process known as “striking a jury,” the prosecution and defense take turns arguing their challenges for cause. If the judge grants a challenge, the juror will be struck from the jury panel. Once there are no more viable challenges for cause, the sides alternate in striking jurors via peremptory challenges until thoseare exhausted or each side is satisfied with the jury panel. Some states require all challenges to be made orally, while others allow for written peremptory challenges.

http://remingtondixon.com/the-importance-of-jury-selection-in-north-carolina-criminal-trials/

After the general questions have been asked, each side will have the opportunity to call out individual potential jurors, asking clarifying questions to their responses to the general questions. The attorneys in the courtroom do this to ensure that a juror will act fairly in their deliberations later.

After individualized questioning by either side, the defense attorney or prosecutor can challenge the juror and ask the judge to take him off the panel to make sure that he or she cannot be a juror, usually for one of the aforementioned reasons. This is a referred to as a challenge for cause. An attorney may have to provide the reasoning as to why they wish to strike the juror from the panel of potential jurors. Ultimately it is the judge who will make the final decision as to whether or not a juror will be able to serve. If the judge does not accept the attorney’s reasoning for striking the juror, the juror may still be able to serve.

Each side is also offered several peremptory challenges to strike potential jurors. Peremptory challenges are different than challenges for cause in that neither side has to explain why they are striking the potential juror. Any reason can be used for striking a juror with a peremptory challenge except for race, and no explanation has to be offered by the side offering the peremptory challenge.

Latest article on Twitter on Irish independent...sorry I'm unable to copy link from Twitter says 9 women and 3 men were selected by prosecution. I expect some of the women to be objected to by defence. IMO male jurors may be more sympathetic towards them as they would identify with a man trying to protect their daughter and stepping in in a potentially dangerous situation whereas women will be less sympathetic I feel. Judging by the commentary on social media the last two years, vast majority of women have not been sympathetic towards MM in particular. Us women have a catty streak and will not go along with the good-looking blonde stay at home wife having a beautiful home and nice lifestyle without a sinister reasoning behind it, like it was all done for money , lies, etc and of course there's the jealousy even of someone unknown to us personally. Women can't help it unfortunately even if we don't want to admit to it!!! I feel this jury so far made up of mostly women suits the prosecution case whereas the defence would gear towards evening up the number with more men! I believe the defence are now questioning the jury. Hopefully it will be decided on by tomorrow and the trial can get off the ground!

Latest article on Twitter on Irish independent...sorry I'm unable to copy link from Twitter says 9 women and 3 men were selected by prosecution. I expect some of the women to be objected to by defence. IMO male jurors may be more sympathetic towards them as they would identify with a man trying to protect their daughter and stepping in in a potentially dangerous situation whereas women will be less sympathetic I feel. Judging by the commentary on social media the last two years, vast majority of women have not been sympathetic towards MM in particular. Us women have a catty streak and will not go along with the good-looking blonde stay at home wife having a beautiful home and nice lifestyle without a sinister reasoning behind it, like it was all done for money , lies, etc and of course there's the jealousy even of someone unknown to us personally. Women can't help it unfortunately even if we don't want to admit to it!!! I feel this jury so far made up of mostly women suits the prosecution case whereas the defence would gear towards evening up the number with more men! I believe the defence are now questioning the jury. Hopefully it will be decided on by tomorrow and the trial can get off the ground!
Many many generalisations there Hotchips, but i'm smiling at them.

to copy a tweet.. , oh, you have a smartphone thingy, do you? If not, theres a dropdown arrow on top right of each tweet.. klik that..
First option- copy link to tweet..
That highlights tweet link Press copy
Then fly over here and quickly create new post an its done.. usually. Have a go..
If its a news article.. just open it, as usual and copy paste link from top box..
Try and see how you get on..
The prosecution has made its choices, defence could chuck them all, though all would probably be stretching their luck..
Theres 2 accused, a man and a woman..
Marymead has made really informative posts about how te process works.
I hope you are well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member