GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not losing faith . There will be Justice . If the Jurors even knew half of what we know and its presented in the rebuttal it will be the final nail in their coffins. On the RTE news this evening it was mentioned Tracey was asked about the night Mags past away . Defence still going to go with this . Big mistake by them I think . Lynn is still to testify for sure . Judge said he won't allow at this time . Hes leaving the door open . The lack of info reporting is definitely not helping . The experts the prosecution presented excel in their fields . Thats their job pick holes create reasonable doubt .
From the heart, well said. I'm holding onto the jurors who are sons, sisters, mothers, fathers and brothers to someone. I'm holding on to their decency, empathy, human nature.

I can't imagine there are people so devoid of feeling that they cannot look at those pictures of that man the Corbetts brother on the floor of his bedroom torn apart physically by weapons and force likened to an attack of a savage dog imo. I'm hoping that all the cotton candy sugary coated DV in the world will not take away from those pictures of that boy someone's son who died alone and in fear with his babies asleep nearby.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

The forensic showed a violent killing. The question is whether such was justified, that's what the defense contends. The jury wants to hear WHY it would be justified. The only ones that could answer that are TM and MM and I still think it's very unlikely that MM gets anywhere near a witness stand.

It showed a violent killing but I believe it also showd defendants were both lying.
Blow that occurred on or in bed is not supportive of TM testimony of circumstances. It disputes it entirely.
Blood evidence disputes it completely.
It is not self defence to attack a man who is falling to the ground, on the ground or has died already

It showed a violent killing but I believe it also showd defendants were both lying.
Blow that occurred on or in bed is not supportive of TM testimony of circumstances. It disputes it entirely.
Blood evidence disputes it completely.
It is not self defence to attack a man who is falling to the ground, on the ground or has died already
I will forever more appreciate good journalism if I see it in the future kitty

Poor kittythehare! You sound so frustrated. I really feel for our Irish friends trying to follow. I could only say that this all seems normal to me as far as the court proceedings. The judge is the expert on the law and trials, so he knows in his mind what is allowed and will limit both sides to a narrow focus and interpretation of the law that goes to the heart of the case arguments.

For example, the Prosecution cannot bring up prior convictions that have no direct bearing on a case. But if a defendant takes the stand for the Defense, then that "opens the door" for the Prosecution to bring up any prior convictions and prison sentences.

For MM, if she took the stand, the judge might disallow her prior psychiatric history because she is claiming self-defense from an assailant and MM is not claiming diminished capacity or insanity. OTOH the judge might decide to allow such information as generally indicative of her state of mind, character or good judgment.

The judge will not allow the Prosecution to create any unfair prejudice against the defendants which is likely underlying some of today's disallowed testimony or exclusion of any certain evidence. In the USA everyone has an absolute right to self defense. The State must prove that they are guilty of more than self defense. The judge denied the Defense motion to dismiss, so he is saying that the Prosecution has met the burden of the prima facie case that this MAY be second degree murder, let us proceed.

Thanks Sandy.
I feel much better after reading your post. I really appreciate your taking the time to write it too.

I believe second degree murder is about malice, not motive. IMO
Well imo there is plenty of that along with motive. I suggest there is the indentation of malice in every injury about Jason's head !

Jmo

Well, I have been out all day...in NC actually. Looks like I only missed the typical Defense grandstanding, I can't tell you how often they do this motion to dismiss.

Yawn.

Half the murderers serving time in our penitentiaries had grandstanding lawyers who stood up and argued their was no proof.

Too bad the jury didn't see it their way.

No worries! The way they were going through witnesses, to me, suggested the defence were saying very little. We will now get to see their defence. The prosecution would - I would think - want to keep certain information back for rebuttal. For instance, JC was abusive and MM was scared of him; rebuttal neighbours who were with them when MM was fat shaming JC etc.

All IMO

And it makes it difficult for the defense going on a wild goose chase knowing the prosecution has so many good cards up its sleeve that can rebut drivel.

You say there is no good reason for withholding in the US press the information about blood spatter found on, in, and around the bed. To some this is evidence of Jason being ambushed; however to others, the implication is that TM rescued MM from a deadly sexual assault. I mean, what could trigger a father's rage more rapidly than that? Almost every news outlet in the US has policies about what can be reported, so those tweeting from court may have had to seek guidance pertaining to this issue. IMO I can see the defense using this as a strategy and moving in this direction. Get ready. Please don't shoot the messenger.

The correspondent for the Irish Daily Mail is simple lovely. Smart, attractive, and quite poised in the video I saw of her. IMO

I'm totally not getting where you are getting the idea of a 'deadly sexual assault' from?

The correspondent for the Irish Daily Mail is simple lovely. Smart, attractive, and quite poised in the video I saw of her. IMO

Not sure what you're trying to say here?

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Quoting Searchingirl from an earlier post...

Well imo there is plenty of that along with motive. I suggest there is the indentation of malice in every injury about Jason's head !

Jmo

Sure was, ok!
But the jury might want to understand why he was REPEATEDLY beaten with the big rock from the garden?
They might want to understand why he was being beaten while dead.
They might want to understand why he was beaten when falling unconscious..
They might want to understand the reasons motivating such a slaughter, even he was already dead..
- those reasons may well be the motive for the over-kill, past any semblance of merely wanting to disable a perpetrator of an alleged choking in an entirely different part of the room.
was there a possible gain in this death for the Martens that went much further than immobilising Jason.?

Sure was, ok!
But the jury might want to understand why he was REPEATEDLY beaten with the big rock from the garden?
They might want to understand why he was being beaten while dead.
They might want to understand why he was beaten when falling unconscious..
They might want to understand the reasons motivating such a slaughter, even he was already dead..
- those reasons may well be the motive for the over-kill, past any semblance of merely wanting to disable a perpetrator of an alleged choking in an entirely different part of the room.
was there a possible gain in this death for the Martens that went much further than immobilising Jason.?
Your right and that's what I feel but can't word [emoji4] thanks kitty.

I'm totally not getting where you are getting the idea of a 'deadly sexual assault' from?

We've addressed this time and again, there has been NO INDICATION that the defense are going to introduce an element of 'deadly sexual assault'. None, Nada, Zip....it was not mentioned on the 911 call, it was not mentioned in opening statements, it was not mentioned in warrants, it has not been investigated.

IF (and it is a huge, massive, IF) it is suddenly raised as part of the defense going forward, then there is relevance to us discussing it here, but I really don't see the point in flogging a dead horse...personally anyway.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-814d-b3e7eac0168d/568efad5ea265.pdf.pdf

P93

Police warrant report; David Lynch stated that his nephew Jack stated to him and his grief counsellor that TM gave him a year previous a red and black bat with black grips.

Police warrant report, concludes based on the evidence of Jack holding same and photographs of this bat with Jack using it on MM FB they conclude the bat is the same or very similar as was recovered at crime scene and this was stored in the equipment bag in the garage of his then home.

P94

Police report states this to be an aluminium bat.

It this is the case I’m sure the prosecution will be taking their lead detective though it and the fact TM stated he purchased it the previous day as being untrue. And if LE could not find another bat it will be fairly conclusive there was only 1 bat. This will be another leg of TM corollary defense gone. For the jury it will be damning and will wonder is the defense all porky-pies. Anyone know is the defense allegation that JC killed his first wife which is untrue is till running or is it gone.

Can’t find any links to the entrance(s) to garage.

Surely this is easily provable with TM providing a receipt or credit card bill. Alternatively the name of the store who could prove a bat was sold at the time and date TM says he bought it.

we were in the midst of a discussion about the daily mail journalist.
IMO searchin was merely adding her opinion, nothing sinister.

Actually just thought no statement from Tom read out to the jury from the detective that took his statement before the state rested . Is this a clear indicator Tom will take the stand ?

Actually just thought no statement from Tom read out to the jury from the detective that took his statement before the state rested . Is this a clear indicator Tom will take the stand ?
mm ditto, were given a written copy of it, i understand from reports here today

You say there is no good reason for withholding in the US press the information about blood spatter found on, in, and around the bed. To some this is evidence of Jason being ambushed; however to others, the implication is that TM rescued MM from a deadly sexual assault. I mean, what could trigger a father's rage more rapidly than that? Almost every news outlet in the US has policies about what can be reported, so those tweeting from court may have had to seek guidance pertaining to this issue. IMO I can see the defense using this as a strategy and moving in this direction. Get ready. Please don't shoot the messenger.

What's this about sexual assault ? Even mm hasn't tried the sexual assault spin on the story, or has she, she would hardly try that at this stage of the trial? . Although looking at the evidence so far she may need something more believable than the spin at the moment. So if jc was sexually assaulting mm in their room, tm comes up in his underpants with the bat at 3am and beats jason until he's dead mm watches on not phoning police or 911 off the 2 phones in the room kids sleep through, sm doesn't attend her daughter, tm was actually lying now and JC wasn't strangling her? (I dont think defence know this yet) - opening statement? MM decides not to have med exam because ?

Lots of questions to be answered imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members