GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only one detective has been called they have another

So premature application then. How can you say there is no evidence and is clear cut DV when prosecution has not put out all witnesses. Seems sloppy by the defence; they should know that. So what's the point of the application?

All IMO

Bob Costner on Twitter: "Defense in Corbett case asking for charges to be dismissed, saying MC and TM acted in self-defense." JMO this is pretty standard for the Defense to make such a motion at the end of the Prosecution case, claiming that the Prosecution have not made a prima facie case to support the criminal charge. If the Defense did not make this motion, then they might be considered ineffective counsel at a later time like if there should be an appeal of a guilty verdict. Also, the judge's role in this type of trial is to make sure that all the legal technicalities are met for rules of evidence, laws regarding probative value of testimony, hearsay, and so on - to avoid a mistrial based on a legal technicality forcing everyone to start over and have another trial. So just have some faith that the judge is objective in his admissibility rulings and is trying to keep things above reproach. Bad enough if a jury is hung and there is a mistrial - judges really hate it when there is a technicality mistrial that has wasted everyone's time and money. IMO.
That makes sense, thanks Sandy.

[FONT=&amp]Defense made a motion to dismiss the charges, but judge denied the motion
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Defense argued the prosecution hasn't offered any evidence to contradict self defense
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Prosecution argued the evidence from pathologist, blood/DNA/hair analyst provided substantial evidence to contradict self defense
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Prosecution also mentions that defendants had no injuries which would be inconsistent with self defense
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prosecution also mentions the blood spatter's testimony of Molly Corbett and Martens standing over Jason Corbett[/FONT]

So premature application then. How can you say there is no evidence and is clear cut DV when prosecution has not put out all witnesses. Seems sloppy by the defence; they should know that. So what's the point of the application?

All IMO

Wait, wait wait..
We are merely receiving snippets without context.
Hopefully Irish Independant will provide a full analysis of forensics and statements by morning..
If they dont, we are flailing around in the dark..

[FONT=&amp]Defense made a motion to dismiss the charges, but judge denied the motion
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Defense argued the prosecution hasn't offered any evidence to contradict self defense
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Prosecution argued the evidence from pathologist, blood/DNA/hair analyst provided substantial evidence to contradict self defense
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Prosecution also mentions that defendants had no injuries which would be inconsistent with self defense[/FONT]
Again, JMO, very standard and occurs all the time in cases.

The Defense case should be starting. I wouldn't be surprised if the judge says for them to start tomorrow.

Again, JMO, very standard and occurs all the time in cases.

The Defense case should be starting. I wouldn't be surprised if the judge says for them to start tomorrow.
what about warrants? Finances? Results of telephone analysis? Still tons and tons of prosecution evidence to be submitted

Ok for me please i cannot follow law. If the prosecution is resting does this mean we hear no more evidence from them,that this is essentially is their case? So everything collected in warrants wont be discussed? Sincerely sorry but im finding it confusing.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Ah makes sense the prosecution had rested when they made the application. Standard. Obviously was never going to be allowed. The defence should be made to start their case immediately. They had notice the prosecution anticipated resting today.

All IMO

Ok for me please i cannot follow law. If the prosecution is resting does this mean we hear no more evidence from them,that this is essentially is their case? So everything collected in warrants wont be discussed? Sincerely sorry but im finding it confusing.

They have rebuttal after the defence rests. Basically they can introduce evidence that debunks the narrative put forward by the defence.

All IMO

Thanks x

No worries! The way they were going through witnesses, to me, suggested the defence were saying very little. We will now get to see their defence. The prosecution would - I would think - want to keep certain information back for rebuttal. For instance, JC was abusive and MM was scared of him; rebuttal neighbours who were with them when MM was fat shaming JC etc.

All IMO

They have rebuttal after the defence rests. Basically they can introduce evidence that debunks the narrative put forward by the defence.

All IMO

Yes and we know their case . Tom decided to make a visit because he couldn't wait to play golf with his buddy Jason .Jason turned into the incredible hulk after taking Tradazone and drinking beer all day . He was choking (maybe even upgraded strangling now) Molly, dad walks in Jasons saying sorry :scared: bitter battle (no injuries to either and a bloodbath of a room with Jasons brain splatter all over it ) the paramedics caused more injuries then they ever did with the bat and stone and police didn't do their job right , the dna expert doesn't know what hes doing . the blood spatter expert doesn't know what he's doing . Its all a big conspiracy to get Molly and her dad locked up . Am I missing anyone else to blame ?????

Yes and we know their case . Tom decided to make a visit because he couldn't wait to play golf with his buddy Jason .Jason turned into the incredible hulk after taking Tradazone and drinking beer all day . He was choking (maybe even upgraded strangling now) Molly, dad walks in Jasons saying sorry :scared: bitter battle (no injuries to either and a bloodbath of a room with Jasons brain splatter all over it ) the paramedics caused more injuries then they ever did with the bat and stone and police didn't do their job right , the dna expert doesn't know what hes doing . the blood spatter expert doesn't know what he's doing . Its all a big conspiracy to get Molly and her dad locked up . Am I missing anyone else to blame ?????
No that's on point. Think we could actually sign off till it's over. But for 2 years I've been thinking about how next week and what next week will do to Jason's family. Adding" insult to injury" has never been a more appropriate phrase. Thinking of them all

Nope, I think you got it spot on!

Oh wait, no, the judge is biased by not dismissing the charges....

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members