GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]Lynch said Molly messaged her in March 2015 that she was going to look at flights to go to the bday party
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But lynch also said, Jason never mentioned Molly coming along, just he and the kids
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So she heard from Molly that Molly was coming, but that's not what she heard from Jason
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lynch is now off the stand[/FONT]
It should be easy to prove whether or not a ticket was booked for Molly for the birthday trip to Ireland.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&amp]Jury out of the room, next two witnesses will be MPS coworkers of Jason Corbett

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Prosecution says coworkers will testify that Jason Corbett mentioned a "strained relationship" with Molly Corbett

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Also testimony about future plans of leaving America

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge doesn't allow either to be used as evidence "at this time"[/FONT]
Jeez at what time will it be used? It will be interesting to see what leeway mm friends get on the stand

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Why not I wonder? If the jury have to decide guilt or innocence, why are they not allowed to hear certain evidence?

Because technically they can't be found guilty on the basis of opinion, especially if that opinion could be prejudiced (ie Tracey is Jason's sister and therefore her evidence is potentially biased against Molly, the same could be said for co-workers) ...it probably is the right call not to allow it at this point, so long as they do the same for the defense witnesses, ie hearsay of DV will not be allowed, only actual witnesses to DV (if any) should be allowed to testify.

Jeez at what time will it be used? It will be interesting to see what leeway mm friends get on the stand

It matters little what leeway they get.. unless they were present in the room on the night Jason was brutally beaten to death.. they are not witnesses to the act.
Hearsay.
I should add that the conclusions made by James, forensics are of paramount importance.. we have not received those yet.. hopefully Indo will write them up definitively

[FONT=&amp]Thompson said she talked to Molly Corbett for about an hour about the incident, and then asked her to write a statement

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The main thing Wanda Thompson brought was Molly Corbett's statement. That wasn't read out loud, but the jury read it

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Defense just basically asked if Molly Corbett agreed to do everything she asked and Thompson said yes

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]As promised, Tracey Lynch is now on the stand

Prayers to Tracy [/FONT]

She went very easy on her, that’s like writing my own version of events without being questioned on the veracity of everything in it so it can be verified. Usually unless the suspect elicits otherwise it’s the investigating officer writes it. Can’t understand why the statement is not allowed into public evidence. Can’t recall this ever happening in a trial in Ireland. The rule is except for family court the courts business shall be conducted in public.

[FONT=&amp]The coworker who testified about not seeing injuries was allowed

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The coworker who WOULD HAVE testified about the strained relationship and Jason's plans to move to Ireland, wasn't allowed

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Recap from Lynch now, she said Jason told her he and the kids were coming to the dads bday party

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He never mentioned Molly coming, that's why she was surprised Molly messaged her about coming to the party
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lynch thought Molly would've talked to Jason about the party travel plans instead of messaging her

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remember, Lynch was gonna testify about Jason feeling homesick, but that was disallowed by the judge[/FONT]

This witness was good IMO...

Mr Holton called into question the origin of various stains on Ms Martens’s person. He also argued a void existed in blood spatter patterns, with stains absent from her neck.Mr James said he would not agree to the terminology the defence attorney was using. It was not a void, he argued, as there were stains on her head and stains lower on her body, but nothing to suggest an object prevented further staining to the neck area.
He was also asked about the accuracy of the information made available to him by law the district attorney’s office. Mr James called the documentation “excellent” and said the sum of data he was presented was sufficient to make conclusions.

Defense strategy is to attack everyone's credibility but their clients' credibility. Average Joe will see through it.
this is not productive to getting the jury on your side, attack everyone jury will take no notice of the real defense contentious ones. Its just all one big porky-pie to them

[FONT=&quot]A lot are probably wondering why the judge disallowed certain comments[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Judge essentially ruled the travel plans weren't relevant "at this time"[/FONT]

[video=twitter;893201415744696323]https://twitter.com/bobcostner/status/893201415744696323[/video]

Wtf

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ruck-in-head-expert-tells-court-35997721.html

Dr James noted that the brick left a blood outline on the bedroom carpet when it was moved.He said that, in his opinion, the quantity of blood on the brick could not have been from just a single blow to Mr Corbett's skull.
"There were hairs on the brick and what appeared to be tissue fragments," he said.

"There was blood on almost every particular surface of that object."

Dr James said it appeared Mr Corbett was lying on his face and stomach when a lot of the heavier quantities of blood were left on the carpet.
He was later moved onto his back.

I wonder if this would give an idea of how long Jason could have been lying before the 911 call?

[video=twitter;893201415744696323]https://twitter.com/bobcostner/status/893201415744696323[/video]

Wtf
No no no.... what the hell is going on, how can they ask that now, more absolute disrespect for their victim. Sick !

Wtf

Have the prosecution rested? I would have assumed this application would be made once the prosecution rest, if they haven't, premature to say the least

All IMO

It should be easy to prove whether or not a ticket was booked for Molly for the birthday trip to Ireland.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Not as easy as that if there wasn’t, how does one disprove it only state there was no evidence to it.

Have the prosecution rested? I would have assumed this application would be made once the prosecution rest, if they haven't, premature to say the least

All IMO

I think only one detective has been called they have another

[video=twitter;893201415744696323]https://twitter.com/bobcostner/status/893201415744696323[/video] Wtf
Bob Costner on Twitter: "Defense in Corbett case asking for charges to be dismissed, saying MC and TM acted in self-defense."

JMO this is pretty standard for the Defense to make such a motion at the end of the Prosecution case, claiming that the Prosecution have not made a prima facie case to support the criminal charge. If the Defense did not make this motion, then they might be considered ineffective counsel at a later time like if there should be an appeal of a guilty verdict.

Also, the judge's role in this type of trial is to make sure that all the legal technicalities are met for rules of evidence, laws regarding probative value of testimony, hearsay, and so on - to avoid a mistrial based on a legal technicality forcing everyone to start over and have another trial. So just have some faith that the judge is objective in his admissibility rulings and is trying to keep things above reproach. Bad enough if a jury is hung and there is a mistrial - judges really hate it when there is a technicality mistrial that has wasted everyone's time and money. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan