Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...RSBM...

All this his makes me wonder to what extent does the prosecution need to convince the jury of exactly how the murder unfolded. Does the prosecution need to convince the jury of a particular scenario or just that a murder was committed by MM and TM with a bat and a brick and the details of who delivered the blows and when don't matter that much?

Looks tho' like this puts the ball into TM court.. if she sticks to that statement, tM will have to say that she was unable to strike him so he took it and he did it on her behalf which will be a new admission.. speculating here.
the biggest problem with the lack of information we are receiving is that there is as yet not a single clear indicator as to who inflicted which wound.
Disheartening.

Both good questions. No doubt the jury will debate these points about who did what between MM and TM. This is part of the defense strategy to try them together adding a layer of confusion resulting in potential disagreement in the jury room. OTOH the jury may see the result as the crime of 2nd degree murder and just find them both guilty without worrying about who inflicted which blow. The prosecution may wait for their closing argument to lay out their theory of who did what, and they may also not try to explain it preferring to simply repeat that both admitted wielding weapons and therefore both are guilty.

[video=twitter;892472893044600832]https://twitter.com/lexdispatchbc/status/892472893044600832[/video]

There are no words to describe these two savages. Its heartbreaking reading this. I don't know how the Corbetts are coping. If there is impact spatters on TM boxers wouldn't that mean Jasons poor head was level or reasonably level with them on impact, ie. practically bent over or on his knees? It actually is sickening reading this. And his head on the wall in a descending pattern. He was absolutely cornered, literally his back to the wall... Although it is Jason's anniversary tomorrow, I regret court is not in session because I don't want the prosecution to lose momentum with this evidence. A days break is more than that pair of savages deserve.

When I think about what poor Jason went through this time two years ago it makes me sad . He must have been terrified, fearing for his life chased down and beaten over and over again no mercy . No second thought of how much pain his death would cause for his children for his family and friends. Praying that Jason's family get justice . There is no justification for the death that he got and no justification of the way the Martens treated the Corbetts .

There are no words to describe these two savages. Its heartbreaking reading this. I don't know how the Corbetts are coping. If there is impact spatters on TM boxers wouldn't that mean Jasons poor head was level or reasonably level with them on impact, ie. practically bent over or on his knees? It actually is sickening reading this. And his head on the wall in a descending pattern. He was absolutely cornered, literally his back to the wall... Although it is Jason's anniversary tomorrow, I regret court is not in session because I don't want the prosecution to lose momentum with this evidence. A days break is more than that pair of savages deserve.
The day off will give the Prosecution a bonus day to organize facts and evidence. They know even more now than they did when the trial began. I feel momentum will be gained. It also gives the Corbett family a much needed day to celebrate Jason's life.

When I think about what poor Jason went through this time two years ago it makes me sad . He must have been terrified, fearing for his life chased down and beaten over and over again no mercy . No second thought of how much pain his death would cause for his children for his family and friends. Praying that Jason's family get justice . There is no justification for the death that he got and no justification of the way the Martens treated the Corbetts .
The sooner TM is distanced from the FBI the better. This doesn't look good for the Bureau. This man is clearly unstable. has been for a long time. IMO. 2 years later and still no remorse. Is it not fair to say that psychological evaluation should be a regular intervention considering the position this man held? it also sheds light on the day to day interactions within the Bureau. Should his emotional outbursts have been reported? This guy was privy to some serious sensitive material, by all accounts.

They chased him around until he died and then got one more hit in.

I may have missed it, but has there been any mention of injury to JC's hands or arms? Just wondering since it would be natural to shield your head during an attack like this. No hand/arm wounds would indicate a quick unconsciousness to me.

Im trying to figure out the Defense strategy here. Now they knew the autopsy, the forensic evidence would be brutal. I'm sure they plan to try to manipulate the jury emotionally in order to counteract that. But to do that, the jury must believe them...not feel like they are being manipulated.

They jury must trust them.

The whole story about Mags Dad warning TM at the wedding, should have been researched BEFORE they filed the motion. But evidently they did not, and then they had to"amend" it.

When they saw that coworker of TM's on the witness list, didn't they ask TM what could she possibly be offering the Prosecution? Why would they put that Happy Families Golfing Buddy stuff in the opening, if TM had admitted to them he often bad mouthed his son-in-law at work, and they see this woman on the witness list?

There does not seem to be honest communication between client and attorneys here. I wonder why not?

I may have missed it, but has there been any mention of injury to JC's hands or arms? Just wondering since it would be natural to shield your head during an attack like this. No hand/arm wounds would indicate a quick unconsciousness to me.
IIRC, the autopsy said he did. No broken bones, but marks on his hands. (I don't have a link but there's probably one in the pinned media thread.)
I remember thinking he was putting his hands over his head to protect it. ☹️

Forensic Toxicology Consultation is another aspect of his expertise, but I presume that he will only speak about blood spatter analysis ie. nothing on the Tradozone in JC's system?

My heart goes out to the Corbett & Fitzpatrick families, seeing and listening to their loved one's death bieng parsed and analysed like this is one thing, but to have his character be questioned in the manner it has must be a whole other level of pain. This is the link to the first interview (4 min in) I heard that first drew my interest to this case. It's an object lesson in honesty and eloquence IMO
https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=b9_20830350_70_15-08-2015_

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis

Do not have the answer but have always wondered if J was right or left handed. And if it could be used to refute the so called red area on MM's neck that she kept rubbing.

Im trying to figure out the Defense strategy here. Now they knew the autopsy, the forensic evidence would be brutal. I'm sure they plan to try to manipulate the jury emotionally in order to counteract that. But to do that, the jury must believe them...not feel like they are being manipulated.

The whole story about Mags Dad warning TM at the wedding, should have been researched BEFORE they filed the motion. But evidently they did not, and then they had to"amend" it.

When they saw that coworker of TM's on the witness list, didn't they ask TM what could she possibly be offering the Prosecution? Why would they put that Happy Families Golfing Buddy stuff in the opening, if TM had admitted to them he often bad mouthed his son-in-law at work, and they see this woman on the witness list?

There does not seem to be honest communication between client and attorneys here. I wonder why?

They knew everything that would be said ahead of time because the prosecution has to disclose it months ahead of time in discovery.

They were probably hoping that the co-workers comments would be excluded by the judge. They actually had a legitimate argument for exclusion but it was unsuccessful. Now they have an appealbale issue if there is a conviction.

There does not seem to be honest communication between client and attorneys here. I wonder why?
woman on the witness list who testified today must have put the fear of God in the defence.. particularly if she managed to open the door to about 13 more counter-terrorism experts..
And if they were all subsequently called as witnesses and testified to that truth....would be impossible to prove their opening statement that the relationship was cordial..
He spent a lot of years hating Jason..
I wonder frequently if we will ever know why they killed him?

About this time, two years ago, Thomas & Sharon Martens were arriving at 160 Panther Creek Crescent.

Jason's friend David was returning little Sara's boots which she left by his door. Jason, being the gentleman that he was, was helping his parents-in-law with their luggage, even though I am sure he knew damn well the disdain they felt for him. God only know what was going through your mind. It didn't really matter, you were leaving

Jason said goodbye to his friend David, not knowing it would be the last time either of you would ever see each other again. David was probably the last friendly face you would ever see, with the exception of your two children Jack & Sara. Jason walked into that house never to walk back out again. Rest in peace Jason, you will always be remembered by many who never actually knew you in life but who got to know you in death.

About this time, two years ago, Thomas & Sharon Martens were arriving at 160 Panther Creek Crescent.

Jason's friend David was returning little Sara's boots which she left by his door. Jason, being the gentleman that he was, was helping his parents-in-law with their luggage, even though I am sure you knew damn well the disdain they felt for you. God only know what was going through your mind. It didn't really matter, you were leaving

Jason said goodbye to his friend David, not knowing it would be the last time either of you would ever see each other again. David was probably the last friendly face you would ever see, with the exception of your two children Jack & Sara. Jason walked into that house never to walk back out again. Rest in peace Jason, you will always be remembered by many who never actually knew you in life but who got to know you in death.

Bless you, Frizby, for this heartfelt post.

Yeah, in the silence of night not a sound was heard by any of the neighbours. SM heard nothing . the kids heard nothing. molly never raised her voice . TM never raised his voice. Jason never raised his voice....................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28