GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. New here. Thanks for all the info even if it sometimes makes for hard reading. It's my dads 10th anniversary today. I miss him so much and I was grown up married and had kids when he died, can't even imagine what those poor children and Jason's family are feeling. I will say a little prayer for them when I am remembering my dad.

I notice that the Winston Salem are not reporting that the blood spatter expert said that he was possibly IN BED when he was first hit.

The biased reporting is really starting to get right on my wick.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

It is a US thing. Parochial. Them against us.

Jason 'may have been in bed'.. when the first blow hit him, we do not know yet whether that was the bat or the rock.
Just that he did not join Martens for further alcoholic beverages after their arrival -911 call. Tom responded 'during the course of the day' when questioned by 911 operator.
His toxicology is consistent with this statement.
The bed 'looked like only one side had been slept on'.
he was alone..
If this pans out to certainty, malice proven, and if pre-meditation becomes a factor from results of warrants, is the case still prosecuted as 2nd degree ?

I know we need further testimony from blood spatter expert to obtain a fuller picture, it is likely defence will have hired an expert to refute this..
but, if it is a thing that he was attacked while sleeping, which we have all suspected from the outset...
the reality for his family must be unbearably painful.

Hi Kitty, trying to catch up..where did we see only one side of the bed appeared to have been slept in?

I don't think Jason wasn't clothed when this started, not for one second, Imo stripped him of dignity as well as all else.
Just caught up on thid morning's papers,

Sick !

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I think today's reports for me have been the most upsetting. I cannot get the images out of my thoughts.

According to the analyst, some of the blood on the bedroom wall appeared to be expirated spatter, meaning the blood came from Jason Corbett breathing or coughing.

May the Corbett's be able today to recall all that was good about Jason, his life, his children ..

You must come!

But re Tom and Triona's post I am trying in my head to summarise what we know about him, and what we know about him that is new since trial started.
-he became agitated in police car on the night he states he killed Jason Corbett. Maybe he was just cold.
-He did not like Jason, in fact he hated him. Did this hatred bring about Jason's murder? How much did it contribute to it?
- He visited Jason's house pretty frequently and he accepted his hospitality frequently, all previous threads share posts about these visits..

- he took from a man he hated.
That means one thing for me
he is dishonest.

If Tom does not like "rowdy" Irish, can you imagine how he feels being the father of a bipolar imperfect daughter who even had a public tantrum at her own fancy wedding? ( Tracey Lynch testimony at custody hearing)

Who swings from depression to mania to rages at unpredictable times? Pompous uptight Tom must have found his own child humiliating, infuriating.

This is the daughter that went from the hospital to Ireland, according to Maginn's book, and TM had no inclination to check on the welfare of his princess for four years. Just....be...gone.

My view on TM is changing. On one hand, I don't think he would have minded Jason moving back to Ireland as long as he took MM with him. TM did not want to retire and have his bipolar daughter, the chaos and expense of her, back on his hands. With the children gone, she'd be even worse. She has no job skills. Alimony would not keep her housed and clothed in the style she had come to demand. I think TM was very emotionally invested in keeping this marriage going, not for his Princess...but for his own peace and financial security.

We have also seen hints about a financial motive. Till now, I've thought that was mostly about Molly. But suppose that transfer to TM was a loan? Maybe during the DC trip Jason told TM that with his company being bought out, he was moving back to Ireland and wanted that loan repaid. Jason was a businessman, remember.

Maybe TM had been fuming about this recall of the loan.

Maybe TM jumped in the car to go down there and confront Jason with his own building rage.

I think they all argued and JC got disgusted and went to bed. I think MM stayed up, drank, went in and hit Jason with the brick in the bed, screaming as she did it. TM heard her, grabbed the bat...maybe just for self defense...but when he got up there and saw Jason, weak and staggering, his own rage kicked in.

TM did not fly into a rage protecting the daughter he ignored for four years. He might have flown into a rage thinking he'd have her back on his hands again and have to repay an old loan.

If Tom does not like "rowdy" Irish, can you imagine how he feels being the father of a bipolar imperfect daughter who even had a public tantrum at her own fancy wedding? ( Tracey Lynch testimony at custody hearing)

Who swings from depression to mania to rages at unpredictable times?

This is the daughter that went from the hospital to Ireland according to Maginn's book, and TM had no inclination to check on the welfare of his princess for four years.

My view on TM is changing. On one hand, NI don't think he would have minded Jason moving back to Ireland as long as he took MM with him. TM did not want to retire and have his bipolar daughter, the chaos and expense of her, back on his hands. With the children gone, she'd be even worse. She has no job skills. Alimony would not keep her housed and clothed in the style she had come to demand. I think TM was very emotionally invested in keeping this marriage going, not for his Princess...for his own peace and financial security.

We have also see. Hints about a financial motive. Till now, I've thought that was mostly about Molly. But suppose that transfer to TM was a loan? Maybe during the DC trip he told TM that with his company being bought out, he was moving back to Ireland and wanted that loan repaid.

Maybe TM jumped in the car to go down there and confront Jason with his building rage.

I think they all argued and JC got disgusted and went to bed. I think MM stayed up, drank, went in and hit Jason with the brick on bed, screaming as she did it. TM heard her, grabbed the bat...maybe just for self defense...but when he got up there and saw Jason, weak and staggering, his own rage kicked in.

TM did not fly into a rage protecting the daughter he ignored for four years. He might have flown into a rage thinking he'd have her back on his hands again and have to repay an old loan.
with you on all of it.. we suspected this in the past.. and we did some digging too... yeah, fits.. especially if the man was in bed asleep at the time of the first blow.. as Independant article suggests from testimony yesterday

I'm thinking too that TM had two rental properties at the time, the condo and the beach house. This was the height of our housing recession. Kitty, did we look at the beach house purchase date? Was it posible that JC helped with that purchase?

In any event, the Martens have had some bizarre reactions in regard to financial things. The whole arranged Greed grab, entering the house and defying a court order, removing everything even the murder bed! Wouldn't you think, on trial in that county for murder, that stirring up controversy over material items would be the last thing they would do?!

That was a Public relations disaster...but getting that stuff was more important to them than the negative impression that they were greedy, arrogant individuals who felt themselves above the law. They should have been trying to garner sympathy! Why was grabbing old sheets, used furniture more important to them as they faced a murder trial in that same county?

I think that episode is a teachable moment about how reckless the Martens can be about what they perceive to belong to THEM. They can be very reckless about money, material things.

They want what they want. End of story.

I'm thinking too that TM had two rental properties at the time, the condo and the beach house. This was the height of our housing recession. Kitty, did we look at the beach house purchase date? Was it posible that JC helped with that purchase?

In any event, the Martens have had some bizarre reactions in regard to financial things. The whole arranged Greed grab, entering the house and defying a court order, removing everything even the murder bed! Wouldn't you think, on trial in that county for murder, that stirring up controversy over material items would be the last thing they would do?!

That was a Public relations disaster...but getting that stuff was more important to them than the negative impression that they were greedy, arrogant individuals who felt themselves above the law. They should have been trying to garner sympathy! Why was grabbing old sheets, used furniture more important to them as they faced a murder real in that same county?

I think that episode is a teachable moment about how reckless the Martens can be about what they perceive to belong to THEM.

They want what they want. End of story.
We most certainly did look at the beach house and spent several days looking at it and all the property transactions, one was sold at quite a loss, I seem to remember.. might have been around the time JC arrived in their lives.. may have belonged to sM, i dont think we concluded anything but it stuck out.. should be on one of the old threads, maybe early on?

Its appalling.. the greed-grabbing..
but all too understandable when someone is grieving, not to see very clearly..
Prolonged grief, following death of his soul-mate..
I think we can all relate to it.. but it does not cost all of us our lives.

One question I'd like answered. Can they see where this brick is missing from the edging in front of the house, near the bedroom door? It should be obvious if this is "edging."

Or did MM have to run downstairs and outside to get that brick from the pile close to where her parents were staying?

The latter idea brings to mind many different scenarios.

One question I'd like answered. Can they see where this brick is missing from the edging in front of the house, near the bedroom door? It should be obvious if this is "edging."

Or did MM have to run downstairs and outside to get that brick from the pile close to where her parents were staying?

The latter idea brings to mind many different scenarios.
Or did TM bring it to Jason's bedroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member