GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason's friend, the neighbour, saw the martens arrive. he possibly would have noticed if TM was wearing a red top? Its an unusual colour to sleep in.. not conducive to sleep at all.. just wondering..

Excellent question. Always thought the FBI man might have considered that the average citizen might be so common, rude, rowdy, and messy that the FBI man and his co-conspirator, his daughter, might have assumed that we, the idiots, the average citizen, who they consider to be beneath them, would readily accept their flimsy excuses without question. The FBI man and his co-conspirator(s) may have underestimated us, the average citizen, who recognizes bludgeoning a man in bed while wearing a red polo shirt, white boxers, and a watch might be murder when the victim is hit repeatedly as he falls and hit from behind when his head is facing the wall.

I'm not sure I can link to this...but next Tuesday night the people of Limerick will gather for a mass and celebration of Jason's life. They will lift up the Corbett-Lynch family in prayer. This will be at 8pm their time. I certainly will take a moment to pray for justice for Jason.

I

Our Lady of Lourdes Community Services Group Ltd

it is posted on this fb page time is 7pm irish time
imo

I agree with most points but I will say even though to us this is huge and if it happened here it would be reported constantly and all the Irish mammys would be lighting candles and getting masses said people get murdered everyday In America. Unless it involves mass murder, terrorists, a famous person or children it's not likely it will be covered by their National news or get the coverage that we want . I prefer there is no cameras but an audio stream would have been ideal .Local news stations pick up on it do their reporting and the bigger companies do a copy paste job of what the local companies are reporting . Imagine if Catherine or Ralph weren't there we wouldn't have a clue of what was happening because most of the Irish papers are getting the American reporters to write their stories

I agree with most points but I will say even though to us this is huge and if it happened here it would be reported constantly and all the Irish mamas would be lighting candles and getting masses said people get murdered everyday I'm America. Unless it involves mass murder, terrorists, a famous person or children it's not likely it will be covered by their National news or get the coverage that we want . I prefer there is no cameras but an audio stream would have been ideal .Local news stations pick up on it do their reporting and the bigger companies do a copy paste job of what the local companies are reporting . Imagine if Catherine or Ralph weren't there we wouldn't have a clue of what was happening because most of the Irish papers are getting the American reporters to writ their stories

Agree, this is huge and this American mama has a candle lit for Jason. Know that this must be so difficult and painful. But know this, and know it without any doubt, Jason has touched so many and his story is resounding all over the world. His death will NOT be forgotten, but most importantly his shining light will live forever. And there is NOTHING that those who so mercilessly killed him that night, can ever do to dim Jason's light. Must be absolute torture for them, those who have no heart, no soul, or humanity. God bless those who knew and loved Jason and those who never knew him but still mourn his loss.

Can I just put something out there to you all who've been following and debating this so thoroughly please?

Am I right in thinking that the last person to see JC alive - apart from his children and the three Martens - was his neighbour? I wondered if he or his wife sensed any tension, whether JC remarked on the in-laws visit, the reason for it, etc. Or if he said anything about MM's demeanor that evening? The reason I ask is that 2 close family members of mine are bi-polar (one still with us, one now passed on). We all know immediately what stage they're in.
We all know that THEY suffer in their depressive stage - and we can't help them
We all know that WE suffer in their elation stage - and we can't help then either

The 'fat-shaming' episode sounds so familiar to me in that context: the power play, the grandiose thoughts, manipulating people, the singular focus on particular issues (children and adoption?), self-medicating (alcohol? Tradozone?). It all sounds so familiar. It all fits.

If she were presented with JC saying he'd had enough, was moving back to Ireland, taking the kids, leaving her, I can well imagine the rage that could cause - particularly if she were at that stage in the bi-polar cycle - an unreasoning, manic, physical, violent rage.

But there are two things I don't get in this scenario:
1. Nobody seems to have remarked on tell-tale changes in her demeanour
2. Why would she (or her parents) not have pleaded diminished responsibility

There's something all wrong with this whole thing still.
It's doing my head in.
If anybody's got any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Can I just put something out there to you all who've been following and debating this so thoroughly please?

Am I right in thinking that the last person to see JC alive - apart from his children and the three Martens - was his neighbour? I wondered if he or his wife sensed any tension, whether JC remarked on the in-laws visit, the reason for it, etc. Or if he said anything about MM's demeanor that evening? The reason I ask is that 2 close family members of mine are bi-polar (one still with us, one now passed on). We all know immediately what stage they're in.
We all know that WE suffer in their elation stage - and we can't help then either

The 'fat-shaming' episode sounds so familiar to me in that context: the power play, the grandiose thoughts, manipulating people, the singular focus on particular issues (children and adoption?), self-medicating (alcohol? Tradozone?). It all sounds so familiar. It all fits.

If she were presented with JC saying he'd had enough, was moving back to Ireland, taking the kids, leaving her, I can well imagine the rage that could cause - particularly if she were at that stage in the bi-polar cycle - an unreasoning, manic, physical, violent rage.

It's doing my head in.
Thanks.
If you read posts on thread you will find neighbour testimony on the day of the homicide.
Who would flag her? Jason is dead and her folks are not talking..
Re why not an insanity plea? I imagine the answer to that lies in Dumbfounded's most eloquent post.
I submit that it was their full intention to walk away unblemished socially, financially or professionally..
the stigma of mental illness could be a sensitive matter with them and could possibly also affect future financial acquisitions? Maybe?

He identified different types of bloodstain patterns on the walls of the master bedroom, bathroom and floor, where he said Mr. Corbett came to a final rest on his stomach and was later turned over.

[...]

James said there are a number of factors to consider when looking at bloodstain patterns, including the location of stains, size, shape and distribution, surface texture and other outside variables. The types of bloodstain patterns he identified in this case are passive, spatter and altered stains. A majority of his testimony focused on blood spatter patterns, which he said result from more energy and force.

http://www.wxii12.com/article/forme...-court-defendant-hated-jason-corbett/10399785

I have a couple of theories re this..
there were a couple of horrible social media campaigns which had nothing to do with the corbetts.

It is possible that the appalling US coverage , to the point of being insulting may well have been orchestrated in retaliation. Its something to bear in mind.

I did some research earlier.. posted a couple of bits here.. still need to get through shareholders.. incomplete cos of brain-fry..

Justice and Truth mentioned the bed spatter had been mentioned earlier in blood spatter forensic discussion.

There is IMO no way it could have been missed by the journos, they witheld the information. There is no good reason for that.
First hint came from journal article posted by Harmony early this morning
Then Indo article came in, followed by dailymail, followed by Evoke.

All very low-key..
I'm almost too furious now to take it further. The players are big.. but it violates transparency laws.. and ethical journalism.. possibly bigotry here too.
All that work yesterday bringing those tweets here only to find out later we were being deceived.

Thats a story in itself that one of the bigger MSM may well be interested in pursuing..

I have no warm and fuzzy feelings for most journalists, though there are a few I respect massively, they're american, but working middle east.. I know their work has integrity..

She is taking care of her story.. but because of mail reputation, still need to check every word...

I cannot help but feel there must be daily court reports elsewhere.. worth a search?

Just got this.. not explored yet if anybody has any time or wants to? http://stenosearch.com/_connect/north_carolinaAG.htm

You say there is no good reason for withholding in the US press the information about blood spatter found on, in, and around the bed. To some this is evidence of Jason being ambushed; however to others, the implication is that TM rescued MM from a deadly sexual assault. I mean, what could trigger a father's rage more rapidly than that? Almost every news outlet in the US has policies about what can be reported, so those tweeting from court may have had to seek guidance pertaining to this issue. IMO I can see the defense using this as a strategy and moving in this direction. Get ready. Please don't shoot the messenger.

The correspondent for the Irish Daily Mail is simple lovely. Smart, attractive, and quite poised in the video I saw of her. IMO

[FONT=&quot]Molly Martens Corbett (32) is alleged to have made the admission to her sister-in-law in the hours after her husband, Jason Corbett (39), died from head injures at their home in North Carolina.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a separate legal submission, Mrs Lynch also claimed Ms Martens had told a family friend she "wanted to leave Jason because she did not love him anymore and did not care what happened to him".
These from a January '16 article.
[/FONT]
http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/molly-confessed-to-tragic-jasons-killing-court-told-34345348.html

i will never understand why the Grand Jury case was sealed..(unless somebody explains it to me)

I wonder whether further information has subsequently emerged.

You say there is no good reason for withholding in the US press the information about blood spatter found on, in, and around the bed. To some this is evidence of Jason being ambushed; however to others, the implication is that TM rescued MM from a deadly sexual assault. I mean, what could trigger a father's rage more rapidly than that? Almost every news outlet in the US has policies about what can be reported, so those tweeting from court may have had to seek guidance pertaining to this issue. IMO I can see the defense using this as a strategy and moving in this direction. Get ready. Please don't shoot the messenger.

The correspondent for the Irish Daily Mail is simple lovely. Smart, attractive, and quite poised in the video I saw of her. IMO
Its actually a matter of transparency and live tweeting has been permitted by the judge. This is not a matter for curatorial control at the behest of various media owners, its straight up factual reportage.

It matters little what wild conjecture the defence comes up with.
A sexual assault would have been documented at the outset and any claims in this regard would too. Semen and vaginal swabs would have been taken from victim and defendant and a rape kit organised by LE.
A dead man's blood located on his bed does not equal dead man being a sexual predator.
But, spin as they may, the evidence already uncovered by the forensic examiner has, in fact made liars of the defendants.
The truth will come from the forensics, not speculation, wishful thinking, wild imaginings or any other mistruths uttered by either the defence or the defendants.

And to be fair I dont imagine MM was sexually assaulting jC either when he died.

I dont believe any evidence of sexual assault was submitted by anyone at all, ever.

I'm not sure I can link to this...but next Tuesday night the people of Limerick will gather for a mass and celebration of Jason's life. They will lift up the Corbett-Lynch family in prayer. This will be at 8pm their time. I certainly will take a moment to pray for justice for Jason.

I
I sent a link from my own fb page about what's happening tuesday night in limerick it seems to have been removed for some reason......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Its actually a matter of transparency and live tweeting has been permitted by the judge. This is not a matter for curatorial control at the behest of various media owners, its straight up factual reportage.

It matters little what wild conjecture the defence comes up with.
A sexual assault would have been documented at the outset and any claims in this regard would too. Semen and vaginal swabs would have been taken from victim and defendant and a rape kit organised by LE.
A dead man's blood located on his bed does not equal dead man being a sexual predator.
But, spin as they may, the evidence already uncovered by the forensic examiner has, in fact made liars of the defendants.
The truth will come from the forensics, not speculation, wishful thinking, wild imaginings or any other mistruths uttered by either the defence or the defendants.

And to be fair I dont imagine MM was sexually assaulting jC either when he died.

I dont believe any evidence of sexual assault was submitted by anyone at all, ever.

No evidence was ever submitted; no accusation was ever made. Furthermore, inhis opening statement, TM's attorney has already given in a court of law his clients version of "what he saw" when he entered that room. He says he saw Jason choking Molly and it was "the last thing he ever expected to see." He did not say that Tom saw a vicious rape. He gave another story all together.

It would be legal malpractice for the attorney to get up now and say "Oh, gee, Did I forget to mention the rape?" It would cut any credibility TM has with the jury to shreds. Nor can Molly undercut her Father's story. They have maintained all along that choking and a threat is justification for the horror outlined in the room.

We all struggle to think how any one or two people could do a crime of this brutality. We want a reason. Something that Jason did to deserve this. But every day there are brutal crimes happening to undeserving victims. Terrible inexplicable crimes where there is no explanation.

In this case there is an explanation given by the killers. Some believe it. I do not. But in either case, it does NOT answer the question posed by the prosecution...why didn't they stop?

Sexual assault? Did I miss something? Can you link to this please?

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

It's doing my head in.
Thanks.

Here's a quote from Keith Maginn's book...

Page 4""Mary (Molly) had been maniac on the drive down from Knoxville, Tenn, the phase of her illness where she felt indescribable euphoria. I dreaded this stage because of the devastating low that inevitably followed."

"She had had sporadic maniac periods for years, often staying awake for days.
snip.

It was a fantasy like high; as if she were on hallucinogenic drugs."

The neighbors may have seen a happy, euphoric Molly that day...no matter the turmoil in her life...as her bipolar illness presented as mania. But the neighbor testified that the wives were drinking. A rum bottle was found on the kitchen table. Combined with her medications...Molly may have descended into fury. Or it may have been the natural cycle of her illness Maginn describes. In that case, the neighbors would not see the mood that was descending upon her later that night.

But, until this week, I did not realize that TM hated his son-in-law. That there was another person in that room with his own years of festering hatred of Jason. Until this week, I thought his alibi was his way of protecting Molly. Now I believe, he did as much of this killing as Molly or more. He needs an alibi for himself as well.

How can Tom argue, as a active career FBI agent, that he has "diminished capacity?" That might help Molly, but not him. That's why they chose the DV story. It's what works for both of them...their best shot to get some semblance of their lives back.

There are good people who hear a DV accusation and it strikes such an emotional chord with them, that the violence and the evidence are over ridden for them by their sympathy for DV victims in general. They will find a way to excuse the way Jason died.

Tom has spent his career calculating intelligence, the science of people sleuthing, I predict that the Defense case will try to exploit those human emotions to manipulate the jury away from the facts about this beatdown. This whole campaign by the Martens family has been about forgetting Jason, erasing Jason, making Jason not matter.

So diminished capacity would not work for the man who hated Jason and had that bat in his hands. The second weapon means a second killer, because the bat swinger didn't need help, did he? His mission was being accomplished all over the room, by him alone. So a second weapon brings in Molly.

Two alibis are needed. DV is the perfect fit.

The DV charge is a calculated, intelligent choice in today's American social and cultural climate....to set both of them free.

https://www.facebook.com/BringJackandSarahHome/posts/492000897800656
THERE was laughter and tears as Jason Corbett’s family and work colleagues gathered to remember him at his workplace in North Carolina yesterday.... Balloons were released as part of a ceremony to mark the second anniversary of his death and Jason’s sister Tracey Lynch thanked staff at the Multi Packaging Solutions plant in Lexington for all their support since his death.....Around 70 staff members gathered around a memorial plaque yesterday. Together with the Corbett family, they released green, white and orange balloons bearing such messages as ‘We miss you’ or simply ‘Love’..... During an impromptu exchange of stories about the father-of-two from Limerick his work colleagues recalled his ‘mischievous’ side, his dedication to his work and his love for his children.Melanie Crook, who worked with Jason at the plant wept as she thanked the Corbett family for attending....��
~ Irish Daily Mail - Catherine Fegan
(Irish Mail Plus App)

I wish our local press would cover some of these stories. Years later, Jason is
still remembered so fondly by his workmates. Tears are shed for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc