GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wonder, since they brought the ex FBI colleague to give evidence against TM, will they be bringing anyone who witnessed MM attitude towards JC, like for example the fat-shaming incident at the event they were at a few days before the death.

In the daily mail article (sorry can't post ss) it says
2 MPS employees will take the stand
Tracy lynch is also expected to take the stand alongside the detectives who led the inquiries into the killing

I like this the most makes me think they are nervous
The defence have indicated they may need some time to consider their case once the prosecution case closes this week
There is growing speculation that Tom Martens will testify
Several of Ms Martens friends will testify

Think the lead detectives will bring the search warrants and their content forward

Can I ask something, and apologies if it's already answered. Would TM not have a gun? Wouldn't an FBI person generally have a gun, and if he heard an altercation would he not bring a gun with him?

Think the lead detectives will bring the search warrants and their content forward

My guess...there's a plea deal in the works. TM is a smart man. He's listening. He's watching the jury respond to the States evidence. He is trained to observe.

I am wondering if the information about the location of the bat and the photos to prove it will be brought in to the testimony today. If true that it was stored in a gym bag located in the garage it is unlikely that TM, as a guest to the home, would know it's location.

page 93

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-814d-b3e7eac0168d/568efad5ea265.pdf.pdf

eta: Where was the garage located in relation to the master bedroom?

I am wondering if the information about the location of the bat and the photos to prove it will be brought in to the testimony today. If true that it was stored in a gym bag located in the garage it is unlikely that TM, as a guest to the home, would know it's location.

page 93

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-814d-b3e7eac0168d/568efad5ea265.pdf.pdf

Do we know if they ever found the old bat...the garage bat...at all? There should be two bats in that house, according to TM's story.

Stephan why do you think MM friends are testifying? Is it over DV allegations?

Sexual assault? Did I miss something? Can you link to this please?

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk
There was no implication of sexual assault. Ever.

Now I know you are trying your best to make Molly the victim. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

There was no implication of sexual assault. Ever.

Now I know you are trying your best to make Molly the victim. <modsnip>

I haven't implied anything just to let you know. I was merely asking a question.

[FONT=&quot]Molly Martens Corbett (32) is alleged to have made the admission to her sister-in-law in the hours after her husband, Jason Corbett (39), died from head injures at their home in North Carolina.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In a separate legal submission, Mrs Lynch also claimed Ms Martens had told a family friend she "wanted to leave Jason because she did not love him anymore and did not care what happened to him".
These from a January '16 article.
[/FONT]
http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/molly-confessed-to-tragic-jasons-killing-court-told-34345348.html

i will never understand why the Grand Jury case was sealed..(unless somebody explains it to me)

I wonder whether further information has subsequently emerged.
She told Lynn Shanahan that. She is over there and I would assume will be testifying.

Based on a post from another person. In fact I haven't made any comments at all other than to thank other posters and ask a valid question.

page 93

eta: Where was the garage located in relation to the master bedroom?
Nor would he have time to search for it, according to their story. IMO

Based on a post from another person. In fact I haven't made any comments at all other than to thank other posters and ask a valid question.

That comment was meant for the other person. I made a pigs ear out of who I meant to reply to. My apologies.

We know have a more readable time-table and there are already more than enough links in post to the factual that are known beyond doubt. From an earlier post I did not attack a poster but robustly attacked a post that was repeating an unsubstantiated rumour that JC took the drug for sexual predation and was seeking sex from MM on the night of his death and he attacked her as a consequence of her refusal.

8.30 TM SM arrive helped by JC unpack and there are loads of links to that here. JC drinking cans with neighbour and sports-friend Mr Fritzsche out the front of house up to this. I can&#8217;t find mention of the C kids playing in the driveway as suggested in some post here when TM and SM arrived. I don&#8217;t find any evidence when the C kids went to birthday party. If it was a birthday party I would imagine the collection would be arranged before 8pm latest if it was.

11pm collect kids which seems very late would think kids were in a sleep-over and in bed at their host.

Was wondering to why their sleep over was terminated. Surely TM and SM would meet them the next day and it&#8217;s not something to get fussed over unless there was an alternative agenda being set by MM and this being entwined with JC being deliberately drugged early in the evening. Probably there were arguments as JC travelled with MM to collect them and the only reason I can think for it was he did not trust MM with them. Speaking from myself if the kids were being collected it would be in-one-ear-out-the-other. JC was securing the safety of his kids in case MM went on some type of solo run which would indicate that there was already tension and fear for his kids&#8217; safety. It would indicate TM also met Jack then and to why he did not give the kid the bat at this time if there was such is unexplainable.

Drinks on kitchen table, rum and mixers, no cans or bottles of beer it would appear JC had his cans out front so that satisfied him and people who drink beer don&#8217;t mix.

As for alcohol in the human body the liver breaks it down at the rate of 1unit (1/2pt) per hour, so the minimum level in his body would indicate he drank very little over a long period of time and was well below the legal driving limit at autopsy.

Kids put to bed by 11.30.

My opinion is in the following narrative which I tie as much as I can to the known.
The Ms besiege JC about abandonment of MM as this was their unscheduled mission. I imagine their agenda is this can&#8217;t be happening and their view is of MM has given the best 7yrs of her life for him and the kids who were as much hers now and also their gc. This would be poor Molly thrown on to the scrap heap and her present status of mommy, busy wife of an executive and well finances all being brought to nought. JC tell them take a running jump backwards into the nearest river and tell them he was going to bed and could have well added he was well sick of their mad daughter and them and he had given 7yrs of his life to her madness and their nagging. Remember JC held a senior management position with a large company and was well capable of resolute decision making. I could see JC riled at TM and SM previous interference with his kids and it none of their business in their attempt to force him to concede adoption right to their daughter Molly which he resisted. I could well see an alarmed JC that there could be a custody battle over his very own kids being pursued. TM being the alpha male pushes it and JC tell him he was under his roof and if he doesn&#8217;t like it to go using the well-known Anglo-Saxon expletive. It&#8217;s now midnight JC is tired and sleepy it being induced by being drugged and goes to bedroom shuts the door goes to bed and that&#8217;s sleeping in the nip. Since he didn&#8217;t lock or put a chair up against the door handle and sleeps in the nip he had no fear for his safety. The Ms continue to drink and I&#8217;m sure MM has informed them what she has drugged JC. TM is really annoyed that he was spoken to that way and the implied insult on his family from what he believes is an interloper and he is the defender of the family honour. More alcohol and MM is in a downer of her bipolar disorder bawling uncontrollably and SM also upset. And they thinking their next visit could be to an empty house and to collect Molly and the past a history all evaporated in smoke.

12.30am to 12.45am is the period of time the Ms began their odyssey into the abyss.

TM has enough and is angry and vindictive and wants to restore the family honour goes looking for a weapon as an unarmed contest with JC would be a complete mismatch. And even armed with a short baton TM if JC was standing and awake would still be unmatched in JC favour. JC is 6&#8217;.2&#8217;&#8217; broad and playing soccer a few times a week and he would be extremely fit and agile and a push from him would be enough for to topple both TM and MM. TM finds the bat and goes to JC bedroom (which is on the same floor as the living rooms) for a physical confrontation. He finds JC in a deep sleep as hoped and sees the opportunity to take this current headache on; he aims at his head a rapid succession of blows. We now know that the bed had blood-stained sheets, mattress and the report of the blood spatter expert believes the assault began there.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...n-bed-expert-tells-murder-trial-35991403.html

The first few blows JC is concussed and badly disorientated tries to get out of the blows reigning down on him accounting for defensive marks to his hands and tries to take cover in the bedroom, bathroom and hallway holding on to the walls and door for support. I don&#8217;t think TM being the macho man was looking for support at that stage from MM. MM hears the commotion runs out to the back garden looking for a weapon and grabs the brick not the ideal weapon for an assault as one has to get in close but sufficient to attacks a badly wounded JC from the opposite side. At least she is now getting out her frustration and anger and the brick when found had blood, hair and scalp tissue proving it played a part in the murder. This continues by both MM and TM till after JC is dead. The major inflictor of injures being TM bat which we now know from the blood spatter evidence. As for TM stating he lost the bat when JC grabbed it could be true or alternatively more likely he just lost control of it in the frenzy. Accounting for the frenzy this would be TM avenging the family honour on someone he had no respect for as confirmed by TM work colleague Joanne Lowry.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...n-bed-expert-tells-murder-trial-35991403.html

It went into an out of control frenzy that could only me ended with death, that of a brutal murder and JC did not die easy. I don&#8217;t think MM would have the audacity to start this assault on her own just in case she wouldn&#8217;t be able to carry it through and whatever civil claims she believed she had would be nullified by it.

1am JC is dead and for the Ms&#8217; it&#8217;s for them to get their story together. I&#8217;m sure a house robbery that went wrong was the first thought but the killing bore the hallmarks of a revenge fury. Another solution simply putting him in the car booth and driving him off a pier or a car fire but this would not destroy the shattered skull evidence and house forensics. Another that of burying the body and driving the car of a pier, but this requires a lot of effort and luck to succeed. And then there was the blood soaked crime scene that could never be hidden from forensics no matter the cleaning. But they realize the best and immediate solution that of self-defense of an alleged violent husband then out of control attacking his beautiful daughter and he&#8217;s a former law enforcer to give it credibility could be the answer. This they convince themselves and a family full sure of their own arrogance believed it was sellable. They then take on the victim persona and that of law enforcement officer in the course of duty and hope it could prevent a full investigation, a cover up. Seeing police reports of the clothing of MM and TM it seems to be only lightly blood stained to why it not blood soaked is probably they got wiped down forgetting the seams of TM shorts where a blood spatter pattern was found. As for TM claim he was in bed, nobody sleeps in their polo shirt and for jewellery is another question that&#8217;s unanswered. I would think at this stage TM in his arrogance didn&#8217;t believed a grand jury indictment would happen. One can judge this from Michael Earnest (SM brother) then outspoken spokesperson using his position as a Federal law enforcer public statement emphasising TM law enforcement history. I believe this was to influence the grand jury decision then taking place or about to and also MM wonderful motherliness. I would think TM held contempt for local police and he would dictate to them in his co-operation. I wonder also did he think the Feds would come to his aid as he had a high level security clearance to keep him quiet in case he went mouthing off.

http://www.newstalk.com/Molly-Marte...ason-Corbett-Jack-Sarah-Limerick-Mike-Earnest

Estimating time of death, body temp fall is from 37.5oC @1.5 oC per hour. And this is a relatively slow process (the ambient temp being high) and the fact EMS on the scene detected a cold body JC could be dead from midnight but definitely before 1am.

Rigor mortis normally occurs in the smaller muscles such as those in the face and neck and will work its way down through the body as the muscles become larger. The process normally begins two hours after death and this differs from person to person. But the head injuries are so severe such would not be obvious if this had begun. It should be recalled that two EMS tech detected a significant temp drop in JC body and for such to be detected it must have being over an hour.

It&#8217;s the EMS job to resuscitate and assist life and record their presence time of death. Establishing actual time of death that is for forensics.

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/estimating-the-time-of-death.html

3am TM make the 911 call can&#8217;t wait any longer or it would explicitly indicate cover up.

Why didn&#8217;t SM call 911 when all this begins to leaves large question marks to be answered? I presume she co-operated in making a police statement in line with the other M alleged co-operation of nothing to hide mode. She is not on trial and not a suspect although one of those named in a civil suit. I understand she made no appearance till the house was closed as a crime scene and took possession of the C kids in the basement. This was despite sirens blaring of EMS, Fire Services and police vehicle after police vehicle and them braking hard outside the house and rushing into it. We don&#8217;t see any report of her out front comforting MM or TM and I don&#8217;t believe she was because she knew only full well none were injures. There is no evidence she visited the bedroom crime scene again unbelievable. And for the ever loving granny persona of FB SM doesn&#8217;t go to the C kids&#8217; bedroom to put an arm around them. Another thing I can&#8217;t reconcile is why SM doesn&#8217;t take the Corbett kids with her back home to Tennessee after the event. Is it SM doesn&#8217;t want police and Social Service coming to her house attracting unfavourable neighbour attention a Teflon granny which her strange behaviour during the event shows. It was her sons Robert&#8217;s house they head after the police questioning it&#8217;s in the same state NC as the crime. From his arrest for drunken driving charge it&#8217;s stated as Monro, NC which is 100 mi 1 hour 35 min from Winston-Salem. The Irish Mirror reports the C kids at Robert Martens home in Union County, Monroe NC according to the custody affidavits served.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/daddy-hit-stepmum-jason-corbetts-8409521

TM and MM probably agreed they would not leave NC during the initial police investigation but there was no restriction on SM taking the Corbett kid after the murder and heading back home to Tennessee. The C kids were taken from MM at her brothers Roberts&#8217;s house in NC and the Lynch/Corbett family met the kids there under SM supervision prior to it. Both MM and TM were out of state when the grand jury indictments were made and the DA made contact with their legal teams for their return to NC to be formally charged.

SM remained in the basement bedroom during all this. When a police officer later went to check on her, she asked; "Is everything OK?". The understatement of the decade. Others have posted here she is being shielded by TC and MM I don&#8217;t think she needs any guarding and is more than capable of doing all that herself. And what I can&#8217;t get my head around for such a perfect granny she never went to the C kids bedroom to protect them. Imagine the trauma for them to walk into the murder scene and to see their blood soaked and battered dad. And apparently she didn&#8217;t care otherwise. This does not make her anyway culpable but it show a mind-set set for her and her immediate family at whatever the cost even the severe traumatization of two little kids.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/a-dark-and-bloody-night-35981083.html

Can we speculate that there was another person present in the house that night the one who did the actual butchery of JC? It&#8217;s a non-runner at present. I&#8217;m well sure that LE matched all the bloody footprint marks and we have not seen any indication there was any unmatched. I&#8217;m sure they did CCTV work on this and on the likely suspect and did not come up with anything. I&#8217;m also sure if there was such an option both TM and SM would not be found in the vicinity and cut short their stay to let it happen. But it&#8217;s not an option that I have not closed my mind considering the ferocity of the attack that has all the hallmarks of a much younger stronger male. And there is plenty of open space surrounding Panther Creek Court to get access without been seen or arriving in a motor vehicle to the actual driveway.

This does indeed point to a stark reality of a family closing in on itself at any cost and at any reputation. It seems a family without a shred of humanity or appreciation or compassion but for themselves. I often wonder is there an element of racial or class superiority driving all this as to explain their naked callousness or do I look too far back in history. What I&#8217;m looking at here is the scorn the Scots-Irish had for the Native RC Irish when they arrived in the US that&#8217;s why I have asked here before do we know the history of the M family in the US. Looking at the super detective work here on this it would seem the M were far from a rich family and the fact the M did not pay for their daughter&#8217;s wedding is indicative of this. We can see the Folly Beach property venture they had $185,500 at hand to add to the mortgage and it would seem from the sale it was a property deal they were lucky to break-even from. I presume this money has being swallowed up in MM custody hearings as the C raised approx. the same in Ireland to cover their costs. Some have suggested here that JC 2011 $130,000 money transfer to the M a cause for tension. Some of that money was used to pay for the wedding don&#8217;t know what the rest was used for and the C have not pursued any action over it nor did JC so it could very well have transferred back to JC when he established a bank a/c in the US.

The kids were only going to be pawns in all this and Molly&#8217;s playthings for the immediate future. The kids were to be prevented attending their dad&#8217;s funeral is shocking beyond belief and the actual funeral was held up following MM custody appeal. Custody over JC remains had to be secured in the courts. I believe if their father&#8217;s estate did not come with them I presume they were to be cast out into the street. Can&#8217;t for the life of me get my head around them having guardianship of them with the awful crime they committed against their father and how it was to be played out. It had begun with the taking JC completely out of their lives with the FB pruning of him and the painting of Molly the super mummy. Also wonder at the NC Social Services vacillation in all this surely they were a notifiable party to MM ex-parte custody hearing which was just two days after JC death. Kids are immediately removed from killers especially in-laws. And when Jack and Sarah were to find out the truth which could not be delayed beyond Jacks 15[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday, just a few yrs what was then to happen. Can one imaging how Jack would react and the long term effect it would to reading his dads autopsy report and the forensics around his death and coming home to mummy Molly and gp SM and TM or visiting them in prison with Teflon SM then having guardianship. I presume JC estate and Life Assurance was to prop Molly up for the foreseeable future or control of the C kids gave them that linkage. As for Molly never had a job and it would seem from her past was not capable of holding down one, Molly the ready made Mommy, Molly the cheerleader, Molly the expensive coat-hanger, Molly the kept, Molly the manipulator par-excellence, Molly on trial for murder. Just short one to make the wheel go around fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop