GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Im not for a moment implying that anyone is stupid. I have very much enjoyed following all of the posts here and i respect everyones input and opinion.

It is interesting that the defence keep bringing it up though.

The dynamic within families can be strange.

The Fitzpatricks naturally wanted to maintain as close as possible a relationship with their grandchildren after the death of Margaret.

Claiming that Jason was somehow to blame for her death would not help the relationship between the Fitzpatricks and Jason.

In a way the Fitzpatricks had to accept Jasons hospitality if they wanted to see their grandchildren.

Mrs Fitzpatrick no doubt still wants a relationship with her grandchildren. She needs to support the Corbetts in everyway she can.

If they asked her for a statement that leans in a particular direction she is almost obliged to provide it or she faces a fracturing of her relationship with the Corbetts and by extension with her children.

If Mr. Fitzpatrick and TM met, unless there is a transcript or recording of 100% of the conversation between them it is very difficult to prove that something was or was not said.

No offence meant to anyone. Merely my thoughts on the subject.

There is no way Mrs. Fitzpatrick would have had anything to do with Jason if she suspected he had anything to do with Mag's death. There is no evidence at all of Jason being involved in Mag's death.

Do you not find it odd that TM introduced this idea after Mr. F was dead?

There is no way Mrs. Fitzpatrick would have had anything to do with Jason if she suspected he had anything to do with Mag's death. There is no evidence at all of Jason being involved in Mag's death.

Do you not find it odd that TM introduced this idea after Mr. F was dead?

If the family were trying to keep on the right side of Jason to see the grandchildren why would they say something that big to a man they hardly knew with the danger it may be told back to Jason. Didn't happen.

He will also rule on whether statements from Mr Corbett's two children, Jack and Sarah, should be allowed into evidence.In the first statement, Mr Martens said he was approached by Michael Fitzpatrick and told Jason was responsible for the tragic death of Margaret 'Mags' Fitzpatrick.
"(Mr Martens was) approached by Michael Fitzpatrick (since deceased), the father of Jason Corbett's first wife ... he believed that Jason had caused the death of his daughter."
David Freedman, for Mr Martens, stressed they were not suggesting that this was what had actually occurred, but that it reflected on the state of mind Mr Martens was in when he claimed he struck Mr Corbett in self-defence.
However, Ina Stanton, for the prosecution, objected to the statement being allowed on the basis it was both highly prejudicial and inflammatory.
Ms Stanton also pointed out that Mr Fitzpatrick, before his death, made a sworn statement to a solicitor denying that he had ever made such a remark.

See this is Mr Fitzpatrick speaking from beyond the grave . I will never understand why people are falling for this false narrative. Why is it they believe the Martens are telling the truth and everyone else is lying . They are liars and only that it would tarnish the memory or Mr Fitzpatrick i would be happy for it to be admitted into evidence to show the jury exactly how low and evil they are

See this is Mr Fitzpatrick speaking from beyond the grave . I will never understand why people are falling for this false narrative. Why is it they believe the Martens are telling the truth and everyone else is lying . They are liars and only that it would tarnish the memory or Mr Fitzpatrick i would be happy for it to be admitted into evidence to show the jury exactly how low and evil they are
well said.
Will tarnish himself as well, an FBI trained former agent failed to report a murder?

well said.
Will tarnish himself as well, an FBI trained former agent failed to report a murder?

Yes trained . Toms training records haven't come up either . The rebuttal should be very interesting. So now what's the story they came up with . That the Corbetts made Mr Fitz make that statement. Are the Martens trying to portray a picture of the Corbetts as a reflection of themselves. The Martens are the family who went into military action immediately after Jason was murdered. Molly goes down to MPS with Mike and Sharon on the 4th of August . Jason's blood and brain still all over the walls but she needed to collect his work stuff . Really ?

"We were told on the Monday morning of his death (August 3). But we had not heard much at that time."
Ms Crook said a phone call was received that Mr Corbett's wife wanted to collect his personal belongings.
She arrived at the plant with her mother, Sharon, and her uncle, on Tuesday, August 4 - 48 hours after her husband's death.
Ms Martens-Corbett was wearing a T-shirt, jeans, sandals and had her hair tied up.

The style of T-shirt allowed the MPS executive a clear view of Ms Martens-Corbett's neck and throat.
"We had a 20-minute chat," Ms Crook said. "I did give her a hug."
Ms Crook said all Mr Corbett's belongings were boxed and a list was provided for Ms Martens-Corbett which she was asked to sign for.

"I saw no injuries," she told the trial. "I didn't observe any scrapes, scratches, bruises or swellings."

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...k-to-ireland-sister-tells-trial-35999307.html

Yes trained . Toms training records haven't come up either . The rebuttal should be very interesting. So now what's the story they came up with . That the Corbetts made Mr Fitz make that statement. Are the Martens trying to portray a picture of the Corbetts as a reflection of themselves. The Martens are the family who went into military action immediately after Jason was murdered. Molly goes down to MPS with Mike and Sharon on the 4th of August . Jason's blood and brain still all over the walls but she needed to collect his work stuff . Really ?

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/...k-to-ireland-sister-tells-trial-35999307.html

I'm beginning to see the Martens as stalkers..

Irish Daily Mail

It emerged that the named beneficiary on an insurance policy held by the Limerick father of 2 was changed shortly before his death
A former colleague of Mr Corbett told jurors that she had seen Molly Martens two days after the killing and observed no injuries , no bruises swelling or scratches anywhere on her body
Who was Jack and Sarahs mother asked prosecutor Ina Stanton Mags Corbett Mrs Lynch replied
At this point Ms Martens was overcome by emtion in her seat rocking crying and sniffling audibly
What is your legal status with regard Jack and Sarah Corbett .
My husband and I are legal guardians of Jack and Sarah . Again on the left hand side of the room Ms Martens begins to cry and shake
He said he was homesick and lonely . He had good friends and appreciated them (In Ireland)
He planned to return to Ireland before Jack started secondary school
In cross examation Mr Freedman asked Mrs Lynch about the death of Mr Corbetts first wife
And all these things Jason told you? Mrs lynch said he told her as well as Mags sister who was living with the couple at the time
MelanieCook told the court Ms Martens came to the plant to collect Jasons personal belongings and did not display any injuries
She was wearing a boat neck top with capped sleeves and her hair was tied back . The area around her neck was completely exposed
During cross examination Stuart James told the court he didn't see any real value in visiting the crime scene
\in relation to the pieces of clothing worn by the defendants on the night of the killing Mr james said that he asked for several stains to be tested by the state lab for the presence of blood . You don't have to test every stain he said . It can't be done

Irish Daily Mail

again the only emotion MM is showing is in relation to the children. In her head she was their mother- she gave birth to S !!!!?? Another barefaced lie she concocted and told people. I hope this comes up too. Where are the witnesses for this? Mags Fitzpatrick Corbett was their mother / is their mother -That is the truth!

again the only emotion MM is showing is in relation to the children. In her head she was their mother- she gave birth to S !!!!?? Another barefaced lie she concocted and told people. I hope this comes up too. Where are the witnesses for this? Mags Fitzpatrick Corbett was their mother / is their mother -That is the truth!
Not a single tear for the broken body of the man they all used but straight into rock-a-billy mode when her lie about motherhood becomes exposed..
Strange Fruit.

Hello all,

I am simply trying to wade through the mud of the "facts" of this case.

It would be interesting to know who requested that Mr.Fitzpatrick make a sworn statement, and when that request was made.

That in no was casts any aspersions on anyone but if we knew that it would further illuminate our understanding of the case.

In the absence of a recording of all conversations between TM and Mr.Fitzpatrick TM can state his recollection of the conversation. It may or may not be true but he can state what he believes Mr. Fitzpatrick stated to him at that time.

If the request for the statement did not come from the prosecution than where did it come from? Like i say people dont typically make sworn statements unless something triggered it.

Thanks to all for the comradery and the conversation.

I believe that during one of the earlier hearings in March 2016 the defence mentioned they had been trying to contact the Fitzpatrick family. I can only assume that these peaked the interest of the prosecution and may have set in motion the steps to get the statement.

<modsnip>

All IMO.

I didn't realise that Mr. Fitzpatrick had made a sworn statement denying ever telling Mr. Marten about his daughter Mag's death. That's really well done by Mr. Fitzpatrick. Seems to me the Fitzpatricks were well up on what type of people the Marten's are.

Also on the speed of the visit to Jason's workplace. It's so unseemly, to even actually be thinking about that the day after such a ghastly murder scene. Who does that. I don't see how a widow would be even thinking along those lines. Very odd behaviour.

This could be interpreted as Mr.Fitzpatrick made the statement at the request of the corbetts.

When did the martens indicate they were going to drag Mr.Fitzpatrick into it?

It would be very odd for MrFitzpatrick to go to the trouble to issue a retraction of something that he never said and that no else had mentioned.

My 2 cents.

I would assume this was prompted when the Fitzpatrick's were contacted by the defense. If I was dying and I knew someone was going to use me to get off with second degree murder, I would do everything within my power to ensure that didn't happen, including making a sworn statement to a solicitor. IMO

<p>
From the Irish examiner, see link. TL did &quot;[FONT=&amp]acknowledge on cross-examination that Mr Corbett had not made any plane reservations or made any other arrangements to go back to Ireland on a permanent basis.&quot; [/FONT] http://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...tt-wanted-to-move-back-to-ireland-456371.html I was a bit surprised at the prosecution - what was presented and how it was presented. Its hard to tell what exactly the jury absorbed but i would think that thedefence are fairy happy with where they stand at this point. The prosecution did not string together a powerful narrative. The defence approach will be interesting to see.</p>

[FONT=&quot]Assistant district attorney Ina Stanton noted that Mr Corbett’s passport was found on a nightstand in the master bedroom where Mr Corbett’s body was found.[/FONT]

Perhaps this is what ignited the 'fight' that night?

I didn't realise that Mr. Fitzpatrick had made a sworn statement denying ever telling Mr. Marten about his daughter Mag's death. That's really well done by Mr. Fitzpatrick. Seems to me the Fitzpatricks were well up on what type of people the Marten's are.

Also on the speed of the visit to Jason's workplace. It's so unseemly, to even actually be thinking about that the day after such a ghastly murder scene. Who does that. I don't see how a widow would be even thinking along those lines. Very odd behaviour.
Maybe she was looking for secret bank accounts, money, a gold coin collection or stock certificates, anything valuable or anything she could use for her defense like evidence of an affair... MM seems to be motivated by her own interests, not looking for sentimental items. JMO

Well yes that makes sense, that she was looking for something in particular. The way her uncle tried to use his status to get access so quickly was amazing to me. His workplace were great, refusing him access. Seems they too found it odd for such a request the day after the murder. And we can see how much he was admired by his work colleagues by their remembrance of him this week.

Maybe she was looking for secret bank accounts, money, a gold coin collection or stock certificates, anything valuable or anything she could use for her defense like evidence of an affair... MM seems to be motivated by her own interests, not looking for sentimental items. JMO

As far as I am aware its the passports of the children . Wouldn't be surprised if they were looking for Insurance documents either
http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/molly-martens-uncle-tried-to-get-access-to-jasons-office
Staff at the plant in North Carolina contacted police and Mr Earnest was denied access, it is claimed. It is understood that passports belonging to Mr Corbett&#8217;s two children &#8211; Sarah and Jack &#8211; may have been kept in his office.
A source, who declined to be named, said: &#8216;We told him he would NOT be allowed into Jason&#8217;s office.&#8217; It is understood that Mr Earnest accompanied Ms Martens to the office the following day, August 4, where, as next of kin, she was able to collect her husband&#8217;s belongings.
&#8216;But it&#8217;s easy enough to determine whether or not a call was made from a phone registered to me to visit. I have no recollection of making any calls.
If phone records indicate that a call was made from my phone then phone records may indicate, but I can tell you that on that Monday my wife and I were making many calls. We were making funeral arrangements, we were making calls for insurance for the children, the memorial, that was that Thursday.
I did not,&#8217; he said. &#8216;That is a complete lie and fabrication. There could be nothing further from the truth.&#8217; He added: &#8216;It&#8217;s one thing to tell a lie about an average citizen. It&#8217;s another to tell a lie about a sworn US federal agent.&#8217; He declined to comment on the SIGAR investigation.

Irish Daily Mail

Going by posters on here, apparently this newspaper has the best coverage. I tried to subscribe to read the articles but could only find the UK or Scottish edition. Did anyone else on here manage it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member