GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You may be right. Here's what the document said:

Social workers recommended that William Joseph McCullen seek a substance abuse assessment and follow through with all clinical recommendations. The letter to Kinnett also recommends the family ensure there is always a sober caretaker for the children. There was nothing legally binding about DHHS's suggestions, as they were listed in the letter as recommendations.

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/2...ers-involved-with-family-before-jordyns-death

So DHHS didn't directly recommend rehab; it's a little fuzzy though since "substance abuse" and "sober" could mean drugs or alcohol. If I had to guess... maybe both. :mad:

My guess is that DHHS didn't/couldn't recommend rehab because they are not in the position of being able to make a diagnosis (hence the recommendation he be assessed).

In my opinion, DHHS was aware that there was alcohol use (suspected alcohol abuse) but I'd be very surprised if DHHS knew whether there were illegal drugs in the home. If DHHS saw illegal drugs or Billy admitted using them, then they'd be able to take more action, IMO.

Covering on NG tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People magazine does say yet another neighbor called police on them 3 times in 6 months: http://www.people.com/article/neighbor-says-father-allegedly-abusive-family-north-carolina

Well, they certainly will be called to testify.

Neighbor Dustee Connard tells PEOPLE the news wasn't a complete shock to her because she'd seen disturbing signs from the home McCullen shared with Jordan and her mother, Jaylene Dumont.

"We could sit on our front porch and we could hear [McCullen and Dumont] fighting with the kids in the house. Jaylene was screaming, 'Please stop, please Billy,'" Connard says.

Connard says she and her family called police three times in the last six months. In the last three years, 49 service calls were made to McCullen and Dumont's home, police said Tuesday.

I wonder if this is the same neighbors with the 13 yr old giving the interview??? :( Why the heck didn't the other neighbors call 911??

jmo :moo:

Well, they certainly will be called to testify.

Neighbor Dustee Connard tells PEOPLE the news wasn't a complete shock to her because she'd seen disturbing signs from the home McCullen shared with Jordan and her mother, Jaylene Dumont.

"We could sit on our front porch and we could hear [McCullen and Dumont] fighting with the kids in the house. Jaylene was screaming, 'Please stop, please Billy,'" Connard says.

Connard says she and her family called police three times in the last six months. In the last three years, 49 service calls were made to McCullen and Dumont's home, police said Tuesday.

I wonder if this is the same neighbors with the 13 yr old giving the interview??? :( Why the heck didn't the other neighbors call 911??

jmo :moo:

Yes she is the one with the 13 year old who claims she saw McCullen hit Jordyn in the chest forcefully enough to knock her off the porch. :(

Personally, if I had seen abuse and not called the police...I would be feeling really awful about it...NOT giving interviews about it.

Personally, if I had seen abuse and not called the police...I would be feeling really awful about it...NOT giving interviews about it.
Right? I'd be in a deep depression, at least.

Since ALL adults in this state are legally required to report abuse/suspected abuse, maybe a few well placed fines may be in order to highlight this issue and bring awareness to this county and state, as well as the rest of us if there is enough publicity.

When pigs fly, I know, but it's still a measure I would like to see used.

I've only once seriously attempted to beat the crap out of a man. He ran and I couldn't find him before the police showed up, but if I could have a gotten my hands on him, I'd have taken the assault charge. He smacked his son in the face and left the whole hand print. Police came, little boy told officer that indeed he was smacked in teh face, and you know what? That little boy had to walk back into that house with his Dad!!! LE made me leave, and I watched LE leave!

I'll still report abuse, but the next time, I'm getting my punching in on the perp first!

Yes she is the one with the 13 year old who claims she saw McCullen hit Jordyn in the chest forcefully enough to knock her off the porch. :(

A punch to the chest and the exact right time can stop the heart. Especially a grown mans punch to a three year old. There have been kids killed by a line drive to the chest in little league . It's Blunt force trauma too

Another sickening case of murder and abuse on an innocent child.
Heartbreaking her short life was met with strife, abuse and no chance to grow up as she was entitled to do.

I pray this is put away forever and a day along with a bonus giving him a free stay in General Population at his favourite crow bar motel.
I hear they leave the light on for ya too.

Gastonia is a nice suburb outside Charlotte. I lived there back in 1999 and would gladly live there again.

Godspeed sweet baby Jordyn :angel:

Since ALL adults in this state are legally required to report abuse/suspected abuse, maybe a few well placed fines may be in order to highlight this issue and bring awareness to this county and state, as well as the rest of us if there is enough publicity.

When pigs fly, I know, but it's still a measure I would like to see used.

Given the family history and previous goings-on in that home, it is very likely that neighbors turned a blind eye out of fear of retaliation. We've all known of cases where sick, abusive monsters get revenge on those who "should have minded their own business." Infuriating.

Preliminary autopsy: Jordyn Dumont died from blunt force trauma | WSOC-TV
by: Ken Lemon Updated: Aug 19, 2016 - 6:09 AM

GASTON COUNTY, N.C. -
[....]

A preliminary autopsy report Thursday revealed that the toddler died from blunt force trauma.

[...]

Click on video (at link) below to listen to the 911 call

Gaston County police said Thursday that they responded to 16 calls for service at the home where Jordyn lived with her mother, Jaylene Dumont, and McCullen.

In a news conference earlier in the week, officials said they were called to the home 49 times.

Police clarified the number of calls in a news release Thursday, saying that since the family moved into the home in early November 2015, they responded to the home 16 times.

[....]

Police would like to hear from anyone who might have observed Jordyn and McCullen before 3:30 p.m. Monday, when McCullen called 911, or anyone who witnessed abuse is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-861-8000.

[....]

7c9486ba8eb38cf40b49a63b17e48de8.png

50397d6877a429be7c99ef4ef01abb3a.png

0a0508e0d33e12a1a12b7dee39f04f16.png

Image source link via embedded video @link below

ETA: Read the police transcript of the calls & MuchMore@Link:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/police-responded-to-16-calls-to-home/425610635

[emoji17]

Sixteen times too many, IMHO. I am so sorry, Babygirl... You deserved better!

#JusticeForJordyn
:floating:
:angel:
[emoji257]

this exact scenario happened in front me once, I was in group therapy for relationship issues, and one of the ppl in my group grew up w an abusive father. as he walked in, he watched a man abuse his son and he called 911. that man was arrested and taken to jail. the poor guy in my therapy was visibly shaken :(

I've only once seriously attempted to beat the crap out of a man. He ran and I couldn't find him before the police showed up, but if I could have a gotten my hands on him, I'd have taken the assault charge. He smacked his son in the face and left the whole hand print. Police came, little boy told officer that indeed he was smacked in teh face, and you know what? That little boy had to walk back into that house with his Dad!!! LE made me leave, and I watched LE leave!

I'll still report abuse, but the next time, I'm getting my punching in on the perp first!

“I would like to thank our community for the love, support and prayers you have shown for my baby girl following her tragic death this past week,” said Jaylene Dumont in an emailed statement provided to the Observer.

“This has been the most challenging, heart-wrenching time of my life, and I appreciate the outpouring of support for me and my family.."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article96670597.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds to me like the community really did try to 'love and support' the mother and kids in that house... but what about mum? She knew he was violent, and if the neighbours statements are true then she knew he was violent to this little one... mum should face charges herself imo

“I would like to thank our community for the love, support and prayers you have shown for my baby girl following her tragic death this past week,” said Jaylene Dumont in an emailed statement provided to the Observer.

“This has been the most challenging, heart-wrenching time of my life, and I appreciate the outpouring of support for me and my family.."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article96670597.html#storylink=cpy

Sounds to me like the community really did try to 'love and support' the mother and kids in that house... but what about mum? She knew he was violent, and if the neighbours statements are true then she knew he was violent to this little one... mum should face charges herself imo

Agreed. Where's the outrage? Mom's "hoping" that justice will be done in "this case?" WTH?? The "case" is about your daughter. How about demanding justice for Jordyn. Better yet how about some anger towards McCullen? It may have been "challenging" and "heart-wrenching" for mom but it sure as hell was the ultimate nightmare for Jordyn. And how exactly does one live a life "worthy" of a dead baby's joyful heart. SMDH.

]“I would like to thank our community for the love, support and prayers you have shown for my baby girl following her tragic death this past week,” said Jaylene Dumont in an emailed statement provided to the Observer.

“This has been the most challenging, heart-wrenching time of my life, and I appreciate the outpouring of support for me and my family...

“It is my sincere hope that justice will be done in this case. My family and I intend to honor Jordyn by living lives worthy of her joyful heart and tender spirit.”[

Sigh. Okay, for the time being I'll cut mom a break and say that maybe her flat affect is because she's been medicated.

ETA: Jordyn didn't die a "tragic death" - she was murdered!

Charged with what? We do not have any evidence that she has done anything wrong other than some local looking for 5 minutes of fame saying on the news that Jordyn said her mom blacked her eyes. He said she said. No one even cared enough about it to call 911 but they sure were glad to go on TV and say it.

Jaylene is a victim. If it was easy to get out of an abusive situation, then everyone would.

I don't know what more people want from her. For legal reasons, she said all she could in her official statement in the paper. We have no idea how she is grieving but she is probably in her own personal hell right now like none of us can even imagine. I'm sure she blames herself plenty without anyone else's help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back