GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Child endangerment for failure to report child abuse and for then leaving two children with the abuser.

No it's not easy to get out of an abusive situation, but you don't place your precious baby's into your abusers arms while you make money and they stay home! Dss made recommendations for a sober person to provide care for the children. Her income and situation would have allowed her daycare vouchers where her little angels could be watched by licensed individuals with cpr training - not an abusive junky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Child endangerment for failure to report child abuse and for then leaving two children with the abuser.

No it's not easy to get out of an abusive situation, but you don't place your precious baby's into your abusers arms while you make money and they stay home! Dss made recommendations for a sober person to provide care for the children. Her income and situation would have allowed her daycare vouchers where her little angels could be watched by licensed individuals with cpr training - not an abusive junky.

100% agree

Charged with what? We do not have any evidence that she has done anything wrong other than some local looking for 5 minutes of fame saying on the news that Jordyn said her mom blacked her eyes. He said she said. No one even cared enough about it to call 911 but they sure were glad to go on TV and say it.

Jaylene is a victim. If it was easy to get out of an abusive situation, then everyone would.

I don't know what more people want from her. For legal reasons, she said all she could in her official statement in the paper. We have no idea how she is grieving but she is probably in her own personal hell right now like none of us can even imagine. I'm sure she blames herself plenty without anyone else's help.

I was more fully in her corner when I mistakenly believed that her 1 yr old was her boyfriend's child. I could kind of understand her trusting him to be the caretaker of the kids. But upon realizing that she ran from her hometown and from the father of the 2 girls, and went and moved into a home that had a long history of violence, drugs and dysfunction---:no:

I have to hold her somewhat responsible for that horrible decision. And after being assaulted by him, she continues to allow him to be alone and in charge of her babies? That is wrong. She knew he had a drinking problem and a volatile hair trigger temper that sometimes exploded into violence.

I was more fully in her corner when I mistakenly believed that her 1 yr old was her boyfriend's child. I could kind of understand her trusting him to be the caretaker of the kids. But upon realizing that she ran from her hometown and from the father of the 2 girls, and went and moved into a home that had a long history of violence, drugs and dysfunction---:no:

I have to hold her somewhat responsible for that horrible decision. And after being assaulted by him, she continues to allow him to be alone and in charge of her babies? That is wrong. She knew he had a drinking problem and a volatile hair trigger temper that sometimes exploded into violence.

I'm trying to make sense of the mentality that because Mom chose to put herself in an abusive relationship, she gets a free pass. If she is not responsible for the care and safety of those two children, who is? Are we going to place that responsibility on CPS, the neighbors, or LE? Ultimately who knew what it was like in that home? Who was smacked upside the head with an ashtray and left the house bleeding? The bio dad had some sort of info that all was not right, and he lived 12 hours away and had minimal contact. I consider the lack of safety for those two kids neglect. We see this time and time again here at WS. Willy nilly procreation with multiple dads and no committed relationship. There is free birth control offered thoughout our country. Feel free to live with a douche bag, but use both control for gosh sakes!!

Sorry for the rant, but this beautiful child did not deserve to die, because two people can't control themselves and put the needs of the children first. Makes my head spin.

The children's father would have taken the girls while mom got out of the situation, I believe. Why wouldn't a mother's first concern be to make certain the little ones were safe? There was violence in that house, the babies should have been removed by the mother. There is no excuse, the mother did have an alternative, ask for help from the father. That precious little girl, she didn't have to live that way. She didn't have to die.

Being a victim of one crime (dv) does not magically absolve you of responsibilty for other crimes. She could absolutely have had someone else care for her children so they were safe from this monster. There was just no reason for them to have been living there at all. In this case she was negligent in her duty of care imo.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Eta cps could have done more too. They should have made an enforceable order for the children.

I'm trying to make sense of the mentality that because Mom chose to put herself in an abusive relationship, she gets a free pass. If she is not responsible for the care and safety of those two children, who is? Are we going to place that responsibility on CPS, the neighbors, or LE? Ultimately who knew what it was like in that home? Who was smacked upside the head with an ashtray and left the house bleeding? The bio dad had some sort of info that all was not right, and he lived 12 hours away and had minimal contact. I consider the lack of safety for those two kids neglect. We see this time and time again here at WS. Willy nilly procreation with multiple dads and no committed relationship. There is free birth control offered thoughout our country. Feel free to live with a douche bag, but use both control for gosh sakes!!

Sorry for the rant, but this beautiful child did not deserve to die, because two people can't control themselves and put the needs of the children first. Makes my head spin.

I'll start off by saying that I believe a mother's first responsibility is for her children's safety and well being...above all else. Period. However, I have enough experience in this world to know that abusers are crafty. They are manipulative. Even intelligent, well-educated women are duped. Yes, he's volatile, yes, he's controlling, yes, he's violent with mom (an adult woman)... She may not be able to connect the dots that yes, he'd hurt a child. (Much in the same way that a middle aged wife is unable to connect the dots that her husband molested young boys.)

There are so many unknowns in the case of abusive relationships. abusers are master receptors. They're great at isolating a woman from her friends and family.

I'm not giving Jaylene a pass, but neither am I condemning her until I learn more about her circumstances.

Thankful for the turnout for this innocent spirit. [emoji169]

The community response at the vigil has been incredible. I found this article, and wanted to share (my apologies if it has already been posted):

Hundreds gather to remember toddler killed in Gaston County | WSOC-TV

Slideshow of the vigil here:
Vigil held for 3-year-old girl...
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/photos-vigil-held-for-3-year-old-girl-killed/425228786

There is an updated report of the vigil (a must-watch IMHO), which can be viewed at the embedded video link here:

2f216d1e0d2c68da55379f2e76840f75.png

More@Link:
5d2808f77375fed73eaba6dcb1451ceb.jpg

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ma...ng-called-911-to-report-her-missing/424986814

:candle:
:rose:

Charged with what? We do not have any evidence that she has done anything wrong other than some local looking for 5 minutes of fame saying on the news that Jordyn said her mom blacked her eyes. He said she said. No one even cared enough about it to call 911 but they sure were glad to go on TV and say it.

Jaylene is a victim. If it was easy to get out of an abusive situation, then everyone would.

I don't know what more people want from her. For legal reasons, she said all she could in her official statement in the paper. We have no idea how she is grieving but she is probably in her own personal hell right now like none of us can even imagine. I'm sure she blames herself plenty without anyone else's help.

Hello fellow North Carolinian. I agree. There are resources for people wanting to leave abusive relationships but we see all the time that these resources are not perfect. Plenty of women and children die during the leaving of the abusive partner. Also, if Jaylene had depression or some other mental illness it could have been next to impossible to leave. When you are depressed, you don't have the energy or the stamina to leave. I was in a verbally/emotionally abusive relationship and going through depression. Honestly, at the time, I barely had the energy to get up and go to work and take care of my kids.

I was lucky though. He didn't beat me and he didn't mess with the kids. Really I think he was just depressed himself and didn't know how to handle it. I had insurance, I was at least able to get meds and therapy and then I told him I wanted a divorce. I was also lucky that he saw that it was best for everyone and agreed but many women don't have the support I do, access to LEGAL drugs and therapy for depression and a partner that eventually realized that it really was best for everyone if we divorced.

I'll start off by saying that I believe a mother's first responsibility is for her children's safety and well being...above all else. Period. However, I have enough experience in this world to know that abusers are crafty. They are manipulative. Even intelligent, well-educated women are duped. Yes, he's volatile, yes, he's controlling, yes, he's violent with mom (an adult woman)... She may not be able to connect the dots that yes, he'd hurt a child. (Much in the same way that a middle aged wife is unable to connect the dots that her husband molested young boys.)

There are so many unknowns in the case of abusive relationships. abusers are master receptors. They're great at isolating a woman from her friends and family.

I'm not giving Jaylene a pass, but neither am I condemning her until I learn more about her circumstances.

All you say is true, I let frustration govern my thoughts in that post. The unnecessary death of innocent children touches off a place in me where there is no compassion. Jaylene needs that right now.

If a family member called me right now that I hadn't spoken to in years or that I didn't get along with, and told me their partner was abusing them or the children and they needed my help getting the kids out of that situation I would help. She could've called any friend or any family member and stated there were drugs in the home and she needed her children safe, even if that person is fed up with her - most would still make sure the children were kept safe while the split happens. She had a cellphone, a vehicle and a job - she wasn't kept as his prisoner.

I look at how hard the mom fought to keep her daughter safe in the Ariel Castro case. She made sure he never laid a hand on her, when he brought home mattresses he picked from the trash she made him bring her plastic and tape to cover it so the child wouldn't catch any bedbugs. Even that state of stress - she fought for her child. She knew the risk she was taking the day they broke free, but she knew her choice was to escape or die trying because staying his prisoner wasn't an option. That's what a mother does.

Hello fellow North Carolinian. I agree. There are resources for people wanting to leave abusive relationships but we see all the time that these resources are not perfect. Plenty of women and children die during the leaving of the abusive partner. Also, if Jaylene had depression or some other mental illness it could have been next to impossible to leave. When you are depressed, you don't have the energy or the stamina to leave. I was in a verbally/emotionally abusive relationship and going through depression. Honestly, at the time, I barely had the energy to get up and go to work and take care of my kids.

I was lucky though. He didn't beat me and he didn't mess with the kids. Really I think he was just depressed himself and didn't know how to handle it. I had insurance, I was at least able to get meds and therapy and then I told him I wanted a divorce. I was also lucky that he saw that it was best for everyone and agreed but many women don't have the support I do, access to LEGAL drugs and therapy for depression and a partner that eventually realized that it really was best for everyone if we divorced.

Hugs to you, and I'm glad you were able to finally break free. I know that is not ever easy.

I am not absolving Jaylene of any and all responsibility. However, there are a lot of unknowns. What we do know is that she lost her daughter and she is hurting. She will probably blame herself for the rest of her life. This forum is a victim-friendly forum, and we're not all being very victim-friendly right now. Until you've walked a mile in her shoes, you really have no idea.

in AL a woman left an abusive relationship. She fled to stay with family on Friday - By Saturday morning 5 members of the family in that household were dead, murdered in their sleep. The case discussion is located here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Citronelle-homicide-scene-suspect-in-custody

Domestic violence can be extremely complicated. More so when children are involved IMO.

You can discuss the things covered in the press, but unless LE charges her in relation to the murder all the Monday morning quarterbacking in the world won't change the fact that a child is dead and her mother is a victim under TOS.

in AL a woman left an abusive relationship. She fled to stay with family on Friday - By Saturday morning 5 members of the family in that household were dead, murdered in their sleep. The case discussion is located here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Citronelle-homicide-scene-suspect-in-custody

Domestic violence can be extremely complicated. More so when children are involved IMO.

You can discuss the things covered in the press, but unless LE charges her in relation to the murder all the Monday morning quarterbacking in the world won't change the fact that a child is dead and her mother is a victim under TOS.

Re the AL case: Well, then, what, people? Abused women should stay in the abusive relationships? Maybe instead we need to educate better on how we can keep ourselves and our families safe when we do leave. We cannot legislate the crazy, but steps can be taken to keep the crazy out, at least from private property (legal help, physical barriers, security updates, learning to use a weapon, etc.). I am the first, and maybe last, line of defense for my children.

As to this NC case, it is a fact that a child is dead. It is also a fact that the mother put her children in the same home with a known person of violence. No Monday morning quarterbacking needed. Illegal? Maybe not, does that absolve her of responsibility?

Members will certainly have opinions about many things. But our TOS prevents us from expressing some of them. This is one of those instances.

Members will certainly have opinions about many things. But our TOS prevents us from expressing some of them. This is one of those instances.

Thanks and sorry for my rant about why people need to stop discussing the mother. I was having trouble getting it posted and didn't see the double warnings. I hope I didn't violate TOS by suggesting we discuss the accused man instead.

State lawmaker claims social services failed Jordyn, calls for independent investigation:

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/20160823/lawmaker-gaston-social-services-failed-jordyn-dumont

[FONT=&amp]Torbett said he has asked state Department of Health and Human Services officials to bring in an outside agency to look at how Gaston County social workers responded to reports of neglect involving Dumont in the months leading up to her death. Torbett said this case, as well as other recent incidents of child deaths in the county, calls for "fresh eyes" to look at what went wrong. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"There were a lot of red flags along the way that should have told people something was happening," Torbett said.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Child protective services workers can only act upon evidence they gather, said Chris Dobbins, director of the county's Department of Health and Human Services. Although the outcome was tragic, he said it was unfair to put the blame on social workers who live in a world of being accused of overstepping their bounds when taking a child from a home and then not doing enough if the child ends up injured or worse.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"We can go back and Monday morning quarterback all day long and after the fact it's easy to say, 'You should have done this' or 'You should have done that,'" Dobbins said Monday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]He said he believes social workers made the right calls based upon the evidence they gathered at the time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Still, Dobbins said if people believe an outside agency would help the department, he won't fight against it. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"I don't care who looks at us and what agency is formed, if it makes us better and prevents harm to children, I'm all for it," Dobbins said.[/FONT]

Torbett was formerly a Gaston County Commissioner. I don't recall his asking for independent investigations when children who'd had contact with DSS died during his tenure. :notgood: I guess it's different once you're no longer on the Commission responsible for overseeing local social services.

We'll have to see how any investigation/report might pan out. But my feeling is that there are a lot more kids in Gaston County in far more perceptible danger than Jordyn appeared to be. I imagine this case seemed mild to DSS in comparison. There is such a fine line they have to walk. It's always easy to blame in hindsight, so I'm gonna withhold judgment on social services until we know more.

If only there were a magic ball that could tell us which children who seem to live in marginally acceptable situations would end up being severely harmed or killed. No easy solution to this problem. :(

A news station is investigating why they called off the search for Jordyn so early: http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/08/22/questions-about-search-for-jordyn-dumont/

From the article Chief Ramey "...called WCCB right before Monday’s 10PM newscast to say,”If we thought a child was out there, walking around, we wouldn’t have stopped searching.” We asked Chief if that meant they had evidence that night to believe Jordyn was dead. He said yes, but acknowledged it was third party info and not 100 percent verified."

Why is this coming up now? Isn't the reason they called off the search kind of obvious now that we know result?

A news station is investigating why they called off the search for Jordyn so early: http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/2016/08/22/questions-about-search-for-jordyn-dumont/

From the article Chief Ramey "...called WCCB right before Monday’s 10PM newscast to say,”If we thought a child was out there, walking around, we wouldn’t have stopped searching.” We asked Chief if that meant they had evidence that night to believe Jordyn was dead. He said yes, but acknowledged it was third party info and not 100 percent verified."

Why is this coming up now? Isn't the reason they called off the search kind of obvious now that we know result?

It seemed obvious to most of us here at WS when they called off the search. But that's us. I think the news station is probably just looking for another angle - another update to the story so they can keep it alive and clicking on their site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back