GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand why they have to stop the search at night....but I hate it. I wonder if family is still out searching. If it were my child or relative...there's no way I would stop.

Big time. I wouldn't be able to stop or sleep until either she were found, or I passed out. Whichever happened first.

Thanks for the AA guidelines! I know the initial report is that they think she wandered away from home but a door wide open can indicate possible abduction as well. It's a shame if LE can't interpret the law more broadly to put out an alert in a small chance of an abduction--if she was taken the kidnapper is long gone by now. I pray she is sleeping under a tree somewhere and will be found by morning, but I don't have a good feeling. :(

I hope this little one is found safe. Although I do not have a good feeling about it :(

"... We had the North Carolina Highway Patrol conduct a (thermal imaging) search with a helicopter," he [Chief Ramey] said around 9:30 p.m. Monday. "That search provided no additional leads to the whereabouts of Jordan. At this point, we are going to secure the perimeter of the residence and begin a search again at about 8 a.m."
Gaston County police officers, K-9s and search-and-rescue workers converged on the Bess Town Road home Monday afternoon. Hours passed before crews extended their search area. But Tuesday's mission will focus on a tighter area, said Ramey.

Crews on Monday also performed a "cursory search" of pond near the home where Jordan lives. And they searched at least one nearby mine. Ramey would not say whether footprints were found near the pond but did say sending divers into the water is a possibility.

"Everything is on the table," Ramey said. "I don't have any evidence leading me one way or the other... Considering the age of the child, I'd have liked to find something more concrete."

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/20160815/search-called-off-for-missing-3-year-old

LE is conducting a thorough (dual) investigation. Besides searching for Jordan they've had the boyfriend in for questioning and the couple aren't allowed in their home right now as LE is going through it. The bio dad lives in Illinois and has also been questioned. Chief Ramey said they're treating Jordan's disappearance as if she left the home on her own but haven't ruled out foul play. There was also a 1-year-old in the house when Jordan disappeared.

I'm confident LE will get to the bottom of her disappearance. Let's hope that it's exactly what has been reported and tomorrow we'll see "Found Safe" on her thread.

It doesn't sound like they searched very far from the house. Am I reading that right??

If so, then LE either knows more than they are telling us.....or they made a HUGE mistake (IMO) by not searching farther out. History has shown us that children of this age can go FAR in a short amount of time. If this ends like other cases with her behind find "outside the search area"....I am going to lose my freaking mind.

It doesn't sound like they searched very far from the house. Am I reading that right??

If so, then LE either knows more than they are telling us.....or they made a HUGE mistake (IMO) by not searching farther out. History has shown us that children of this age can go FAR in a short amount of time. If this ends like other cases with her behind find "outside the search area"....I am going to lose my freaking mind.

Always haunted by little Titus Tackett.

Always haunted by little Titus Tackett.

And Noah Chamberlin.

Some things were learned in the search for Noah. I wish the searchers in Jordan's case would do this. http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...rch-prepares-future-crisis-response/79520488/ (From Noah's thread.)

"Jackson-Madison County Emergency Management Director Marty Clements said he, too, would have used volunteers like Chester County did. In the future, he would start volunteers on the outskirts of the search area and have them work their way back to the last known location of the missing person.

Starting volunteers away from the scene would allow the trained officials to look at what is close and give search dogs a better chance to find the person, he said."

I'm curious as to whether she was in a crib or had been moved to a toddler bed (and crib was given to 1 yr old.) If she was still in a crib then my hinky meter would be on full alert (although I haven't had climbers, yet.). If she was in a toddler bed then she could conceivably exit the house based on the doors and their locking mechanisms. My 3yr old could turn a doorknob but not maneuver the storm door lock. Also, my 3 yr old enjoyed her nap (and my now 27mo old does, too.)

There was a case in east Texas a few years back - a precious little red-headed boy around the same age walked out of the home (unlocked door) and was found in the pond behind the home a day or so later. His mother was exhausted from the recent move and was asleep when the little boy left the home. I can still picture his sweet face and his bright red hair.

ETA - this article says Devon's door deadbolt was locked. My mistake.

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...rone-missing-toddler-s-body-found-3450368.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bio dad's girlfriend has started a . She says they need help with traveling to go search.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The sun is coming up here. Hopefully little Jordan will be found today, maybe just a little dehydrated and tired but unharmed. :please:

[video=twitter;765515350272122880]https://twitter.com/GinaWSOC9/status/765515350272122880[/video]

Gina EspositoVerified account ‏@GinaWSOC9 20m20 minutes ago
Crews are starting to search areas around the home where Jordan Dumont disappeared. @wsoctv

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock
Back