Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would imagine the line of thinking is that Owens probably disposed of Zebb Quinn in the same manner he tried to hide the murders of the Codd's.

Cremation.

After 15 years, good luck finding any evidence. If the cops had conducted searches like this back when Owens was a prime suspect in Quinns disappearance, the Codd's might still be alive today. This appears to be history repeating itself, Owens got away with it years ago, why not do it again ? Second verse, same as the first.

Related - I don't know.

LEICESTER, N.C. -- Multiple fire crews are responding to a brush fire on Hookers Gap Road.

Right now, Leicester, Enka and West Buncombe fire departments are responding. They believe it's burning about 10 acres.

News 13 has a crew on the scene and will update this story as more information becomes available.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...s-responding-leicester-brush-fire-20361.shtml

LEICESTER — Crews were battling a 10-acre low-burning brushfire on Hookers Gap Road Wednesday evening less than a quarter of a mile away from the scene of a recent suspicious fire on the property of murder suspect Robert Jason Owens. No structures were threatened.

The fire is not believed to be connected to the suspicious fire that destroyed an unoccupied double-wide mobile home on Owens' property on March 20. Owens is charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Joseph "J.T." Codd, 45, and his wife, Cristie Codd, 38, of 87 Hookers Gap Road.

The fire, likely fanned by strong winds, is burning up the mountain from Owens' property, where cadaver dogs and investigators have been searching this week for more evidence in the murder case.

"We don't think there's any correlation in the investigation on Owens Cove Road and this fire," Buncombe County Sheriff Van Duncan said.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ed-on-hookers-gap-road-in-leicester/70794854/

Lauren Brigman WLOS @LBRIGMAN_WLOS ·

Court records show triple murder suspect Jason Owens, set for hearing at #Buncombe Co. courthouse today. I'm live on @WLOS_13 w/details #AVL

Funny thing happened while looking at the court docket this morning, the murder charges have disappeared from the docket with only the B&E/larceny charges remaining. Not sure what kind of fancy dancing the lawyers are playing. Might be live coverage this morning coming from courtroom 003B AM session.

Update on the brush fire was reported to be a fallen electric wire caused the brush fire in the area. The structure fire is still under investigation.

Hoping for new news

Copying a post over here from ZooSleuth

I didn't see this posted here yet

Power tool larceny revisited in Codd killings

Buncombe County sheriff's investigators are re-examining a break-in and larceny of more than $5,000 worth of power tools reported last summer by Joseph "J.T." Codd, who officials believe was murdered along with his pregnant wife earlier this month.

Last August, Joseph Codd reported that more than $2,000 worth of power tools, including a chain saw and generator, were stolen from his Leicester home on Hookers Gap Road, according to an incident report filed with the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

The next day, Codd filed a separate incident report, telling investigators that another $3,000 in tools were missing from his property.

Source: http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ool-larceny-revisited-codd-killings/70499966/

Hoping that link works for others, it's taking me to nowhere land wanting cash for access.

Man charged in murder of Leicester couple indicted on new charges

Posted: Apr 07, 2015 5:09 AM EDT
Updated: Apr 07, 2015 10:31 AM EDT
By Dal KalsiCONNECT

A grand jury indicted Robert "Jason" Owens on two counts of armed robbery with a weapon and two counts of dismemberment on Monday. The new charges stem from the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office's investigation into the disappearance and deaths of Cristie Schoen Codd, who was five months pregnant, and JT Codd.

It's still early yet, waiting for noon news updates for a fuller story.

Owens Indicted On New Charges In Deaths of Leicester Couple

A grand jury indicted Robert Jason Owens, 37, on two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, two counts of destroying remains to conceal death, two counts of first degree murder, and one count of murder of an unborn child, according to criminal records.

Owens' older brother Scott and ex-sister-in-law Carrie Smith were in the courtroom when the counts were read. Outside, Scott spoke with News 13. Scott says he believes his brother is innocent.

Scott also talked about police suspicion that his brother is connected to the disappearance of Zebb Quinn. He said he also believes his brother is innocent in the case and falsely accused.

Owens' ex-wife Carrie Smith said she has spoken to him in jail and maintains she thinks he did not Kill the Codds.

Police say the killings of JT and Christie Codd happened on March 12. (A Thursday)

Innocent eh? Alrighty then

Full story at link

http://www.wlos.com//news/features/...ew-charges-deaths-leicester-couple-5296.shtml

Owens Indicted On New Charges In Deaths of Leicester Couple

A grand jury indicted Robert Jason Owens, 37, on two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, two counts of destroying remains to conceal death, two counts of first degree murder, and one count of murder of an unborn child, according to criminal records.

Owens' older brother Scott and ex-sister-in-law Carrie Smith were in the courtroom when the counts were read. Outside, Scott spoke with News 13. Scott says he believes his brother is innocent.

Scott also talked about police suspicion that his brother is connected to the disappearance of Zebb Quinn. He said he also believes his brother is innocent in the case and falsely accused.

Owens' ex-wife Carrie Smith said she has spoken to him in jail and maintains she thinks he did not Kill the Codds.

Police say the killings of JT and Christie Codd happened on March 12. (A Thursday)

Innocent eh? Alrighty then

Full story at link

http://www.wlos.com//news/features/...ew-charges-deaths-leicester-couple-5296.shtml

I believe that Owens has basically confessed to both killing them and burning them. Why would the family members be screaming and yelling that he is innocent ? Just sit down and hush until we can get a needle in this guy.

I believe that Owens has basically confessed to both killing them and burning them. Why would the family members be screaming and yelling that he is innocent ? Just sit down and hush until we can get a needle in this guy.

I agree, he's got no defense to this crime and deserves the DP. I'd have to excuse myself if called for the jury. More news breaking this morning.

The robbery indictments allege Owens robbed the Codds "by means of an assault consisting of having in possession and threatening the use of a dangerous weapon, to wit: a kitchen knife approximately 10 inches in length with a 6-inch blade and a 4-inch black handle, and/or a motor vehicle, and/or a firearm ..."

The warrants allege Owens robbed J.T. Codd of "a tan and black backpack and its contents" and Cristie Codd of "a laptop computer, jewelry and a Glock handgun." (News is also reporting her purse)

The robberies were made "from the person and presence" of the victims, according to the indictments.

No dates are given when this occurred

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...dicted-robbery-dismembering-charges/25408307/

Since the story has gotten quiet while we wait on court dates and such. I thought I would share this article as it relates to the Codd's but I also want to brag on the amazing things our local university Western Carolina University is doing. When I was at WCU this was not even an option for a degree-I would of been all over it!!!
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ts-find-mission-study-human-remains/26979911/

WCU has a campus in Asheville, but the main campus is about an hour away from where the Codd's lived.

Ahhh sorry neither posts work. Here is what it says...
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The man charged in the murders of a Buncombe County couple and their unborn child will face the death penalty if convicted.

Robert Jason Owens, 37, appeared in superior court Monday afternoon, where he learned that his is now a capital case.

Owens is charged with killing Cristie and JT Codd and their unborn child. They went missing in March, and burned human remains were found on his property nearby.

<modsnip>

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...penalty-if-convicted-22191.shtml#.VcCkr9JViko

Mystery endures in Codd slayings, Quinn disappearance
2:38 p.m. EDT October 25, 2015
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...s-codd-slayings-quinn-disappearance/74340472/

But seven months gone, the arrest of the man who long has been considered a key to unlocking the Quinn investigation has yielded no visible breakthroughs.

Police have named Owens and at least two others as persons of interest in the case. Instead, the passing months raise new questions in both investigations regarding forensics and a search of a popular recreation area.

Remains believed to be those of the Codds have yet to be publicly identified. The cause of a suspicious fire on Owens&#8217; property after his arrest remains under investigation.

And at least two property searches linked to the Quinn investigation &#8212; including one in the popular National Forest destination &#8212; have left unanswered that enduring question: What happened to Zebb?

more at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu
Back