Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Robert Jason Owens, 36, of Owens Cove Road in Leicester, is being held without bond on two counts of first-degree murder, according to the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

I'm going to say that Owens is a common surname since JO lived on Owens Cove Rd and that most likely some of the Owens in this story are related and some might not be. JMO Idk?

Can anyone explain what a "free text felony" is?

The free text felony is (to the best of my understanding...) under the arrest offense literal? (AOL?) Its kind of region/time specific, and basically (again, only as I understand it) the offense written up by the arresting officer In their own words. I thought this typically meant the arresting officer was federal.

:( Sometimes I just really hate human beings. What a senseless tragedy. I am so sorry to this couple, their unborn baby, and the families. Heartbreaking news.

:notgood: Wow. I've only dipped into this thread briefly before now but I've been interested in Zebb's disappearance for a while. Owens sounds like a real piece of work.

I wonder if he's cooperating with police at all or being as tight lipped as he was with Zebb's case. Since they haven't reported a confession, I'm guessing he isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"When I heard it (Monday) night, about 7 p.m. LA time, that their bodies had been found, my heart just ripped in half," Helton said. "I did everything in my own power to not think about how they perished, but instead think about the gifts they gave us while they were here."

It makes me wonder if they are the ones from the burning cabin. Especially because he says "how they perished".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a some of you may or may not know, I'm in North Carolina and this is the first that I've even heard of this young couple. Pretty much half the population of Buncombe County is "kin" to me. I've got quite a few eyes and ears out that way, so I'll keep my eyes open for sure.

Great, los! You've been on WS long enuff to know how much a local WS'er can share with the rest of us. I, too, am in NC, too. All my life. It will be great sleuthing with you!

This case is a bit scary, eh?

We too, are very local to this case.

My heart goes out to the family and loved ones of these victims.
:(

May justice be swift, and wise.

Good to see you, Oriah! It seems that it's never in happy times, right?

(((hugs))) to you!

Let's find justice for the Codds.

I'm trying to find what I was reading this morning before I was able to get to the thread here, but whichever article it was said that Mr. Codd believed in giving second chances and was known to hire people with rough pasts and who were out of jail and trying to get a fresh start, basically.

And she was just about to start doing catering for a new movie w/ Brad Pitt, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, etc. and had been tweeting about it.

Maybe it was an all E! article from the am?

Sad enough as it is, but even more so when it seems like they actually went above and beyond to try to help those who needed it and give second chances to people, and someone's 'payback' was killing them :(

From your link:

...A neighbor who would not go on camera told News 13 there was something unusual happening on Owens' property since last Friday. That person says they witnessed him tending a burn pile in the middle of the night. However, the sheriff would not confirm any details of evidence....

http://www.wlos.com//news/features/...death-linked-missing-persons-case-20136.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back