Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, Zebb's case has always stuck in my mind and I guess we're finally going to get answers.

I think the statement was scheduled (or at least locally reported) as slated for noon/this afternoon. His 1st appearance was this morning, so that would make sense. May have changed though.

ETA: my days are blur lol. That appearance was yesterday, for the no bond. Today....I think is his birthday? so if searching public records, that may create some confusion?

WLOS/ABC news is reporting on the case, but not a press release from the SO. Stating that a press release will NOT be made until SO investigation is complete and/or they are comfortable doing so.

(Mvhoo, but if I had to guess, I'd say this particular department is probably very responsibly handling this complex situation, and we should probably be patient with release of info. As difficult as that can sometimes be.)

Attachments

• cccc1.jpg
    cccc1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 79
  • cccc2.jpg
    cccc2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 78
It seems JO has a habit of impersonating his victims? IIRC he called Zebb's place of work saying he was sick that day. It appears now he may have been answering CC's texts too.

I hope the Codd's and Zebb will get justice. Knowing JO was the last person seen with Zebb does not give me good feelings at all, especially with this coming to light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM

Interesting.....possibly giving himself more time to dispose of the body and trying to throw off LE ( time frame , giving himself an alibi)

my opinions only...

http://www.wspa.com/story/28528521/help-needed-to-find-missing-buncombe-co-couple

Does anyone know the relationship between CO in the above story and JO?

I don't have knowledge of a relationship between the two, but in first news reports they did list JO's address, and the street name included the word 'Owens.' In this area (and it may not be true in this case) it's not unusual for many relatives (but not necessarily parents/siblings) to have homes that are clustered in an area. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of family relationship.

Otherwise, Owens is one of the most common names in western NC.

Hard to believe he has not hurt others (does not have to be murder or kidnapping) during the 14 years since Zeb disappeared and this couple was butchered last Thursday. I live about an hour from Asheville, just over the Tennessee line and Zeb has always reminded me of my now college age son with Aspergers. I have thought of him a lot these past 14 years.

One wonders just what Mr. Owens might have gotten up to in the meantime, Zebb Quinn having disappeared way back at the start of year 2000.

eta: just saw wendybtn's post, above; yep

Hard to believe he has not hurt others (does not have to be murder or kidnapping) during the 14 years since Zeb disappeared and this couple was butchered last Thursday. I live about an hour from Asheville, just over the Tennessee line and Zeb has always reminded me of my now college age son with Aspergers. I have thought of him a lot these past 14 years.

Zeb has been hard on my mind for quite some time as well. I can't help but wonder about the age similarity between he and the suspect now being held in the Codd case.

Has anyone seen anything in MSM about them having possibly crossed paths in school prior to Zeb going missing?

Zeb has been hard on my mind for quite some time as well. I can't help but wonder about the age similarity between he and the suspect now being held in the Codd case.

Has anyone seen anything in MSM about them having possibly crossed paths in school prior to Zeb going missing?

Oriah, Zebb's Charley Project page apparently has been updated since this suspect was arrested in the Codd case. It says Zeb and Owens were friends -- and gives a good bit of detail about how Owens figured into that investigation:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quinn_zebb.html

Thanks backwoods! I knew the Charley Project was a suitable link, but didn't know if we needed 'current' MSM. But I guess since they updated, that's current, so either way.... perfect link. Thank you.

I don't have knowledge of a relationship between the two, but in first news reports they did list JO's address, and the street name included the word 'Owens.' In this area (and it may not be true in this case) it's not unusual for many relatives (but not necessarily parents/siblings) to have homes that are clustered in an area. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of family relationship.

Otherwise, Owens is one of the most common names in western NC.

CO is the mother of EO who is quite vocal on FB and has named JO as his cousin - gone bad. Considering their ages probably second cousins. CO and EO were named in the missing persons report because Cristie's father reached out to her to go to their home. They all live within minutes of each other.

EO has since taken down comments calling JO a monster and asking how he could do such a thing. He also said he is devastated over this and how he used to help the couple with things and Cristie referred to him as a little brother. What a tragedy!!

I have just now run upon this story and remember Cristie from seeing her compete on the Food Network Star. This is such a heartbreaking story.

RIP, Cristie, JT and Precious Baby~

Well, this case made it to Nancy Grace....was surprised to hear it in the living room. They also mentioned Zeb Quinn. They didn't mention that I heard anyway, that they found remains not yet identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back