Found Deceased NC - Karen Molta, 31, was on the phone with family, disconnected, Wilmington, 18 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"The 500 block of Mill Creek Ct" looks to be in an apartment community (Mill Creek Apartments). Hopefully there are some cameras there:

View attachment 442280

Edited to add: I wondered if someone might have carjacked her and started to check the crime statistics for that area, but will ask that someone better versed in that to please take a look. I did see someone with a gun was arrested there just last month:

WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The Wilmington Police Department recently made several arrests and seized several guns during different incidents.

The first incident took place after 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday. WPD officers were dispatched to the Mill Creek Apartments in the 500 block of Mill Creek Court for a report about suspicious subjects in the area armed with a gun. When officers arrived, they say they observed the people in question.

Notably, no time-of-day is given for that last phone call.

I live in NC and wear long sleeves in Summer because North Cackalackans love their air condition. Stores, work, restaurants and home. Bring a sweater.
I have not seen her car in local or State news but I may have missed it.
Hey neighbor! You are correct about the AC. I also wear long sleeves in summer to guard against the sun when fishing and such. I also wear sleeves when I play golf to keep the sun from frying my arms... looks like two fried string potatoes. Haha

When you look on the map it looks like the retention pond mentioned is fed by a creek behind the apartments. I wonder if somehow she fell in? The article says “near”, not in, though.

Waiting to hear if this might be her. Hoping it was an accident and not some foul play.

Moo
snipped: Law enforcement personnel were working on the Karen Molta missing persons case when they discovered a human body in the lake

Unfortunately, karen has been found. This article was just updated.

Snip: There is currently no evidence indicating foul play, however, the case is still open and active.

I can't think of any natural reason a grown woman would end up in a retention pond behind her apartment complex. The retention ponds in that area aren't particularly deep, as I recall. One would simply swim/hop/walk out of it if one fell in, IMO. Keep watching.

Karen's case saddens me so much. There is so little in the media, her case is not getting much coverage. But her circle of people is talking about her. A search of her name on FB brings up some.

IMO, this will end up being a domestic violence death. There may not be signs of foul play, but my bet is those signs will be found by LE eventually. Sigh. One death is too many, and we see so many here. I am sorry that this vibrant person has been taken from those who loved her.

On Sunday, a vigil was held at Flying Machine Brewing Company near the park where she was found. More than a dozen close friends from school, work and her personal life came to celebrate and honor Molta’s memory.

According to UNCW, Molta was a graduate student enrolled in the master’s degree program for art education in the Watson College of Education.

Jamie Purnell is one of Molta’s closest friends and helped organize the vigil. She says it’s important for people to know what kind of person Molta was.

“She would literally give her shirt off her back to anyone and she would literally, like she helped me out in so many different ways,” Purnell said. “Be closer to your friends and keep them closer. I miss her a lot and I hadn’t hung out with her in a while before this happened so I would say keep your friends close.”

Social media has been strangely quiet about this case, unless I'm just not in the right places looking for any updates there. Has anyone been able to determine when autopsy results will be available/released, if at all? Do they only release these to the public if there's a huge media/public push to do so?

It just really seems strange but I have too limited of information to make any educated guess as to what happened. Eg the time of day, the nature of the phone call (perceived emotional state/well-being etc).

Social media has been strangely quiet about this case, unless I'm just not in the right places looking for any updates there. Has anyone been able to determine when autopsy results will be available/released, if at all? Do they only release these to the public if there's a huge media/public push to do so?
Found this report. Cause of death revealed for missing woman found dead in local pond in 2023
Cause of death was cocaine toxicity. No sign of foul play. She was found halfway in a cement culvert.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back