GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had to tape it, but haven't watched the tape yet. I don't even know if it taped right since I did some switching around of our vcr's etc.

I'll try to watch it tonight, and if it taped well I can send it to anyone that might want to watch it. (Yes, :blushing: , it's just an old vhs tape-no TIVO here!) lol

I taped it and watched it, it was really good. I forgot all about elizabeth. What a sociopath.

I watched bits and pieces of the repeat. It was strange how they wrote the movie incorporating the "Staircase" documentary into it. (That documentary was SO interesting!)

I don't think Treat Williams was that good, and normally I like him a lot! He usually doesn't play wimpy characters though. :D :D

If the family dynamics are as they were represented in the movie, it's really sad how MP's actions ruined so many lives, and totally broke apart a family that had already been through so much.

I'm glad his appeal was shot down.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10500750/

there are old threads on this from when the original trial was held but I thought that a new thread should be started for these new developments

I expected this to be the outcome once all the revelations about SBI and Deaver began to come out

I am also quite pessemistic about him being convicted this time round, the states case has been pretty decimated by the defence during the hearings to request the new trial,

I will be following the case as it winds its way through the system and we get to a new trial,

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10500750/

there are old threads on this from when the original trial was held but I thought that a new thread should be started for these new developments

I expected this to be the outcome once all the revelations about SBI and Deaver began to come out

I am also quite pessemistic about him being convicted this time round, the states case has been pretty decimated by the defence during the hearings to request the new trial,

I will be following the case as it winds its way through the system and we get to a new trial,

Oh boy. I thought I heard the last of him.

I am going to be hopeful that he is convicted again. She clearly did not die accidentally. moo

Isn't this his 3rd time around?

Is he still claiming that "an owl did it"?

I feel the man is guilty as sin. But, I also don't like that exaggerated or misleading evidence was presented in the last trial.

Though it's costly, as long as he doesn't get out on bond, give him a new fair trial and hopefully he'll be found guilty again.

JM0...

Isn't this his 3rd time around?

http://www.peterson-staircase.com/appeal.html this is his second trial, he has appealed before to state and higher courts re article posted, he was unsuccessful, today he has been successful

Hardins comment from the article that it was over have proved not to be true, and I have to admire Rudolph and Petersons other defence attys as they have stood by him through the years and have finally found a way (with help from the incompetent SBI) to overturn his conviction, I for one never thought I would see the day he was reversed,

I thought the state did a pretty good job first time round, think they should not have fixated on the blowpoke as the murder weapon as that did damage them when defence produced a blowpoke that was said to have been found on the property

wonder what will happen to the Elizabeth Ratliff case now,

I followed his first trial on the old CTV forum...never thought he'd get a retrial either...hope the evidence holds up.

Did they file charges on the Elizabeth Ratliff case?

Wow. I always thought he was guilty but it looks like the blood evidence was misrepresented. I just read extensive theories about the possibility of an owl attack outside her house. There are pictures of her (talon-like) wounds.

Here is one article. There are a few.

http://owltheory.blog.lemonde.fr/20...ng-in-michael-peterson-case-by-bernie-reeves/

Very weird. I was prepared to think it was an outrageous idea. But check it out, sleuthers.

Eve

the owl theory in my opinion is beyond laughable, as was the blowpoke as the state alleged the murder weapon,

and this time round the state will not have very much evidence toi go on as much of the physical evidence collected from the murder scene has been tossed due to an apellate court ruling about one of the search warrants

I expect M Peterson may have served any sentence he will ever serve for the murders of 2 women

the owl theory in my opinion is beyond laughable, as was the blowpoke as the state alleged the murder weapon,

and this time round the state will not have very much evidence toi go on as much of the physical evidence collected from the murder scene has been tossed due to an apellate court ruling about one of the search warrants

I expect M Peterson may have served any sentence he will ever serve for the murders of 2 women

I also thought the owl theory must be absurd, but then I read about it. I am surprised beyond belief. But then there is the Elizabeth Ratliffe case. Always a very strong strike against him, as was the bisexual internet trolling he did.

Eve

ITA that the owl theory seems unplausible. I read the book, watched the tv movie and followed the trial on court tv but I do not recall anything regarding a feather. The article below mentions a feather found at the scene. Where was the feather found? An owl attack outside does not explain all the blood on the bottom of the adjacent walls at the staircase. I did not keep up with the apellate court rulings, what evidence was tossed? :seeya:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...eterson-wins-new-trial-in-bizarre-murder-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back