GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there will be programme on Dateline about the case on Friday at 8pm

Whatever for!!!! He should have been convicted on his first wife's murder, he was finally convicted on his second wife's identical murder. Enough already, jmo

Whatever for!!!! He should have been convicted on his first wife's murder, he was finally convicted on his second wife's identical murder. Enough already, jmo

The first woman he knew who died was a neighbor, not a wife. He adopted her daughters.

The first woman he knew who died was a neighbor, not a wife. He adopted her daughters.

He didn't adopt them. He was named their guardian in her (the neighbor -Elizabeth Ratliff) will. They call him "dad" and he was the only dad & consistent parent they've ever known, but remained their legal guardian - he never adopted them. I believe this may have had something to do with the benefits the daughters & he as their guardian would get (that would end if they were adopted versus under legal guardianship). Their bio father died on a military mission in South America before their mother's death, when they were very very young.

The "Dateline" show tonight is 2 hours. I can't imagine anything "new" they could unearth. They may catch up with the children and what they are doing now, Peterson and the new trial. Very unsettling that he was able to finagle a new trial.

Very creepy IMO. Both of the deceased women look like they could have been TWINS !
Elizabeth Ratcliff
ypugavuz.jpg

Kathleen Peterson
3a9y5ynu.jpg

Too much irony for me.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Both (Peterson and his lawyer) lied about how much wine she drank that night. Why would an innocent man do that?

I thought they looked like twins too. This was not a coincidence. Lots of twists and turns in this case but the bottom line. Guilty

He didn't adopt them. He was named their guardian in her (the neighbor -Elizabeth Ratliff) will. They call him "dad" and he was the only dad & consistent parent they've ever known, but remained their legal guardian - he never adopted them. I believe this may have had something to do with the benefits the daughters & he as their guardian would get (that would end if they were adopted versus under legal guardianship). Their bio father died on a military mission in South America before their mother's death, when they were very very young.

Is there a chance MP is the actual father of one of these girls .. there's certainly a striking resemblance between one of them and Michael's two boys ..

Is there a chance MP is the actual father of one of these girls .. there's certainly a striking resemblance between one of them and Michael's two boys ..

That came up a lot during the trial. That the oldest daughter looks a lot like his boys. But the resemblance of both his victims is startling also. So much so that sometimes they were mistaken for each other in photographs.

I tend to think he was never romantically/sexually involved with his first victim but saw her death as nothing more than a financial opportunity. Both little girls would receive the financial benefits of BOTH parents' death and he, as their legal guardian, could live off the moneys brought in via them and not have to work, which is just what he did.

After abandoning his wife and TWO SONS back in Germany, not divorcing, so there would be no child support required.

Too convenient. Why would a man, a father, leave his own children to raise someone else's? Those two "cash calves" came with a hefty benefit to him which I think was his motive and plan 100%. How could they ever possibly wrap their head around that? But I do believe it's what happened and what motivated this sociopath.

If we eliminate all the blood spatter evidence and the blood evidence on the shorts and so on, what is the evidence that he murdered his wife? I didn't follow the original trial, but I have watched documentaries about the case since then. I'm not convinced one way or the other at this time. What is the convincing evidence today?

Just caught up ... the head wounds.

I watched his trial and there were many things that just didn't add up that were not in Petersons favor. One glaring fact was he claimed he was outside having a drink by the pool. (His excuse for not being there to hear her fall) even though it was quite cold outside that evening and he was in shorts. I don't want to list other reasons I felt he was responsible until I go back and familiarize myself again with the case.

I lost my DH last month so anything to keep busy to ward off being so depressed.

Well watching the documentary above, it is clear to me that all the kids know he is guilty, but just want him out of prison. Here's a link to the recent dateline episode, you have you go from clip to clip .. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tALdDZS8LWI"]Dateline: Reversal of Fortune Pt 1/11 - YouTube[/ame]

I watched his trial and there were many things that just didn't add up that were not in Petersons favor. One glaring fact was he claimed he was outside having a drink by the pool. (His excuse for not being there to hear her fall) even though it was quite cold outside that evening and he was in shorts. I don't want to list other reasons I felt he was responsible until I go back and familiarize myself again with the case.

I lost my DH last month so anything to keep busy to ward off being so depressed.

My sympathy to you, tsitra. There are really no words other than my thoughts are with you, and I am so very sorry for your deep loss.

Stay here with us, and we'll try to keep you busy!

So you think a 2nd trial might be successful? Some WS folks are doubtful there will be enuff evidence for a G verdict... I haven't decided yet... His age should not matter if the facts are there. His poor wife and those who loved her should want and receive justice against the killer.

Some things certainly still bother me, too, tsitra...

I speak as one who has fallen down an entire flight of uncarpeted stairs: I am in a church choir, and after the service, we were leaving the sanctuary going to our choir room which is a floor down. The stairs are behind the choir stall area, not in view from the sanctuary. They are plain wooden stairs with the hard industrial-grade rubber-like stair-cover things. These stairs are not used by the regular church folks.

I had my hands full since I was carrying my friend's music folio in one hand, and my folio in my other hand; I was doing her a favor since she didn't need to go back to the choir room -- so there was no way for me to reach for a bannister, etc. I slipped at the top of the stairs, and I went down the whole flight in a flash. It's the weirdest thing -- there is no way to stop. Somehow, no one saw it(!)

My only injury was a big bruise on my left hip and my ego. No blood, no head injuries, etc., etc. I was also sober... So that has been nagging at me since the very beginning... Kathleen had a lot of head and back injuries from falling down a flight of stairs -- no matter what she had been drinking, if anything... That bothers me.

And his first wife's fall. That's a Big One for me...

And the missing blow-poke -- found near the end of the trial, IIRC, under a bunch of cobwebs, etc., etc.

And that's just a couple of bothersome little things...

Some details from the dateline that may be of interest.
-brother is lawyer and has been combing through evidence.
-neighbor came up with owl theory
-video of owl attack 3 miles from Peterson residence weeks before death
-owl feathers found in clump of hair in Katherine's hand
-owl feathers are under side of triangle claws
-wine was poured down sink
-Katherine and brother knew of peterson's bisexual supposed though Daughter says mother would never be okay with bisexuality
-she used his computer to receive late night email and may have stump led on correspondence with male prostitute[
-her job at Nortel may soon be lost due to economy
-they owed a far amount of money
-Peterson lied about his military history that was exposed to in bid to win public office

-many speculate that deal will be made with time served and be released
-an aunt of the 2 girls from Germany had an aunt that would have loved to raise girls but the peterson's were made guardians
-noticed on the autopsy report that the girls mother had mild hepatitis listed
-Michael Peterson was the last person to see the woman in Germany after walking her home after diner.
-she had her boots on when found and nanny said she never did this....shoes always taken off at door and breakfast dishes laid out for girls in AM but not done. Therefore she was dead shortly after being walked home by Peterson

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/appeals-court-lets-ruling-new-trial-stand-peterson/nYr7n/

Peterson's attorney, Jim Cooney, praised the ruling.

"I think the essence of the court of appeals decision is that you don't get a fair trial when the police lie. And Michael Peterson didn't get a fair trial. Obviously, we're very gratified by the court of appeals having the courage to say that out loud," he told the Associated Press.

we don't need any blood experts...it's SO obvious what happened there..arghhhhh....:banghead:

Line up both DRAWINGS from the Autopsy's and you will see this killers signature and weapon, on both. End Of Story.

Very creepy IMO. Both of the deceased women look like they could have been TWINS !
Elizabeth Ratcliff
ypugavuz.jpg

Kathleen Peterson
3a9y5ynu.jpg

Too much irony for me.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Actually when you put them side by side, like you have, they don't look anything alike - completely different sized features - other than their shoulder length straight hair.

I don't know if he murdered Kathleen, it is impossible for you or I to know for sure (even though so many of you claim to know for sure), but either way, regardless of what anyone says he had a right to a fair trial, and the state screwed up so majorly it's absurd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back