GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Originally posted by Wudge
This was, by far, the most stunningly unskilled decision I have ever witnessed, a new level of jury incompetence was reached with this verdict. Their decision begs for the need for professional jurors.
Exactly the response I expected from you, Wudge :razz: Your idea of justice seems to be that all murderers go free. Well, thank God these jurors were able to look at the evidence and render justice for a victim who wasn't able to speak for herself. Er ... make that two victims!!

Originally posted by Ntegrity
Exactly the response I expected from you, Wudge :razz: Your idea of justice seems to be that all murderers go free. Well, thank God these jurors were able to look at the evidence and render justice for a victim who wasn't able to speak for herself. Er ... make that two victims!!

ntegrity...the jurors found premeditation existed without even a clear, much less a compelling, motive, without a murder weapon and without even a clear murder scene. Both of which is true for the death of Mrs. Ratliff as well. This was a stunning display of reasoning from the point of view of guilty versus reasoning the evidence to see if it took them over the reasonable doubt hurdle. It went far beyond gross jury incompetence; this was obscene jury incompetence.

I was so happy when I heard this news. I think they had a lot less on on this Peterson than Scott and a lot of similarities. Michael Peterson had online conversations, but no proof of actual affair (like Scott Peterson). They both had insurance policies on the wives. But Michael Peterson wasn't as dumb as Scott to say those ridiculous, transparent lies on national television time and time again. I can't wait for Scott's trial. I am so curious what the police have and what ridiculousness the defense will come up with.

and without even a clear murder scene.

Wudge.. did you think all that red stuff was paint?

By the way - you didn't answer my question about OJ

Cass...

Originally posted by Casshew
Wudge.. did you think all that red stuff was paint?

By the way - you didn't answer my question about OJ

Cass...

Casshew.. She died of bleed out; blood, en masse, means nothing as far as evidence, and reasonable doubt is all about evidence.

I have often spoke of the OJ verdict , and my stance has always been that LAPD framed a guilty man.

Given that: EDTA was found in several of the blood evidence samples, perjury by a detective, the juries make-up and the infamous glove, then the verdict was understandable and expected.

I have never said a courtroom is a place where you will find justice or truth.

I have often spoke of the OJ verdict , and my stance has always been that LAPD framed a guilty man.

Interesting wudge, does this mean (to you) that justice was served? or should a guilty man be aquitted because of questionable police practices?

Cass...

Interesting wudge, does this mean (to you) that justice was served? or should a guilty man be aquitted because of questionable police practices?

Cass...
[/QUOTE

Casshew ....I repeat, a courtroom was never designed to be a place for truth or justice; it was only designed to have a vedict rendeded via a process that is supposed to reason from the available, and non poisoned, evidence to the standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Originally posted by Cypros
Apparently word around town was that people feared there would not be a guilty verdict because they did not believe the prosecution proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.

Cypros,

I have also heard that, one of the local news stations interviewed an alternate juror several days ago to get her opinion of how the jury would rule. She thought he was guilty but did not believe the jury would come to that decision.

I think he is guilty and feel the jury made the right decision based on evidence and common sense. I feel terrible for the family, it's heartbreaking to see their pain.

Cass...

Um, in a word - yes. If there's reasonable doubt - no matter how that reasonable doubt was set in play, the jury has to render a not guilty verdict. Now, do they always do this? No. However, that's an error on their part.

Originally posted by Grace
Cypros,

I have also heard that, one of the local news stations interviewed an alternate juror several days ago to get her opinion of how the jury would rule. She thought he was guilty but did not believe the jury would come to that decision.

I think he is guilty and feel the jury made the right decision based on evidence and common sense. I feel terrible for the family, it's heartbreaking to see their pain.

Grace...cite the evidence that proved premeditation?

Originally posted by Grace
Cypros,

I heard that too. I am glad that the jury took their time to go over all of the evidence and came to a logical conclusion.

I don't think that showing up with three blow pokes claimed to have been in the house all along provides REASONABLE doubt.

Thanks for the update; haven't had TV on all day. And, yes, I believe he killed his other wife, too.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Am so glad justice was done and am so happy for Kathleen and her family.....What a senseless, devious, and brutal way to die....

I wish I could have seen it all today on CTV......

Tragic for those Ratliff girls, but sooner or later, they would have had to face the truth, as MP is a serial murderer....

A victory for their mother, (AND their father, Captain Ratliff, who loved his wife so much......) as MP took FULL advantage of Elizabeth's helpless situation after Captain Ratliff's untimely death.......

I have read that the German authorities have re-opened Elizabeth Ratliff's case.......Let's hope so!

This is a victory for Caitlin, as well. .......And God bless the Prosecutorial Team!

Wudge, the prosecution claims that there were two beatings. There is blood splatter on top of blood that had been wiped up. They argue that he beat her, attempted to clean up the blood, then he beat at her again -- perhaps she moaned or made an effort to get up and he made sure that she would never do anything again. Whatever you want to think of the initial beating, that second beating falls under premeditation.

Best news I' ve heard all day!

Justice is served!

Wudge--just think,you will hear another guilty verdict at the SP trial in a year or so. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back