NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping to keep this very strange and silenced case on top..............

It is bad when I start to dream about cases.

Had a dream about this one.

Did it give you some sense of what might have happened?

Are you comfortable enough to share it?

It was about my theory, and that on the news, and that it solved it all.

I am far from clairvoyant. I do get a bad feeling before family members die, and have been known to tell my boyfriend "Someone is going to die." It is a bad, bad feeling. I really doubt there was anything to it though.

I wonder if I can start a thread in one of the private forums about my theory?

would love to hear some theories....:croc:

do we know if jg or kt were dating anyone? They were just good friends

It was about my theory, and that on the news, and that it solved it all.

I am far from clairvoyant. I do get a bad feeling before family members die, and have been known to tell my boyfriend "Someone is going to die." It is a bad, bad feeling. I really doubt there was anything to it though.

I wonder if I can start a thread in one of the private forums about my theory?

BBM -

That sounds like something to run by or Tricia, zelmajane.

I'll be patiently waiting to hear. ;)

I suspect any theories will be highly political, at both the state or local level, or very personal related to KT. Therefore, I suggest it will take some time before sincere theories are posed here, if at all ( although I do hope someone comes through). Once the police open up maybe we can connect the dots better.

I wonder how many detectives are assigned to this case? Do they just have the one case to work on, or have they got many? Does anybody know the inside workings of a police department such as the RPD. There is not a word on the news, and that is surely planned. I am off to work, hope everyone has a great day.

Chief Dolan was interviewed by Bill Lumaye of WPTF radio yesterday (3/17) about another local case. At the 2:02 mark Bill asked Dolan about the KT case. Dolan said they still had not ruled out the intruder possibility and were asking neighbors to continue to be vigilant. They are working hard to come up with a suspect.

http://www.wptf.com/goout.asp?u=http://billlumaye.blogspot.com/

I wonder how many detectives are assigned to this case? Do they just have the one case to work on, or have they got many? Does anybody know the inside workings of a police department such as the RPD. There is not a word on the news, and that is surely planned. I am off to work, hope everyone has a great day.

Thankfully I have some insight on this.

My PI use to work for Raleigh PD. He is the best PI in the state of NC. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has been hired by this family to investigate also. (I have him on retainer because of business dealings and previous embezzlement cases, I also do internet work from time to time for him. Pulling up Facebooks, Myspaces, etc)

They usually have a team of people working on cases. Because this is very high profile and she worked for the state, I'm sure they have been given some extra help.

Now that team may have other cases, but it may not be the exact same group of people on the other cases.

Oh, and my theories are not politically related at all. Just related to something else going on between Greenville and Raleigh.

Well...that is some rumor! And one that saddens me greatly. Did the homeowner tell your friend that? How did your friend come across that information?

In that scenario I would lean toward the intruder theory - the food eating part is really weird.

I can see an intruder eating -- but if there's someone else in the house?? (Kathy's sister!)

But when she got to hospital, didn't they say they had to unwrap bandages in order to determine she had been attacked at all? Does not make sense, as seems there would have been blood elsewhere on clothing or body, if above were true...

But when she got to hospital, didn't they say they had to unwrap bandages in order to determine she had been attacked at all? Does not make sense, as seems there would have been blood elsewhere on clothing or body, if above were true...

The more I think about it the more I question it. Wouldn't her clothes likely be messed up? Agree that there would be blood in other places that her sister and paramedics could not have ignored. Unless KT was covered with a blanket by the killer?

I think the police would be more assertive in their statements regarding safety.

Hi everyone. I have been following along here. I joined Websleuths.com after the Nancy Cooper tragedy and I headed right back here once I learned of the Kathy Taft murder. My Mom lives in Goldsboro, NC and works with a woman from Greenville, NC. My Mom's work friend has many acquaintances that were personal friends w/ Kathy Taft (my Mom, the friend, Kathy Taft are/were all about the same age - in their 60s). My Mom knows I've been following the case. Tonight my Mom told me that her work friend told her today, " The word on the street in Greenville is that the sister had a history of mental illness". Of course I wanted to know more about the sister, so my Mom said she would get more information on the tomorrow. Very disturbing.

that is something I had wondered about...someone with some instability, perhaps, mix in a liberal dose of jealousy....add in opportunity, and you have a recipe for disaster. but i also think about those children and i worry that they would read some things here that would upset them. But how could anything hurt them now, since the worst thing that could happen has already happened? in cases i have blogged on in the past, i did not concern myself with who might be reading, but Kathy's children are the ages of my own, and that makes me want to curtail my theories.

The more I think about it the more I question it. Wouldn't her clothes likely be messed up? Agree that there would be blood in other places that her sister and paramedics could not have ignored. Unless KT was covered with a blanket by the killer?

I think the police would be more assertive in their statements regarding safety.

i am in total agreement. very logical thinking...it is easy to get sidetracked, but what we know is that there was no panic or fear exhibited by the RPD. Their messages have been direct, strong, straightforward. I would love to know what Kathy's sister thinks might have happened.

Hi everyone. I have been following along here. I joined Websleuths.com after the Nancy Cooper tragedy and I headed right back here once I learned of the Kathy Taft murder. My Mom lives in Goldsboro, NC and works with a woman from Greenville, NC. My Mom's work friend has many acquaintances that were personal friends w/ Kathy Taft (my Mom, the friend, Kathy Taft are/were all about the same age - in their 60s). My Mom knows I've been following the case. Tonight my Mom told me that her work friend told her today, " The word on the street in Greenville is that the sister had a history of mental illness". Of course I wanted to know more about the sister, so my Mom said she would get more information on the tomorrow. Very disturbing.

Oh do keep us updated!

I have been following along here also... searching for reasons, explanations, and answers for such a tragedy. Hearing very little about the investigation, many are searching. Knowing Kathy and her family makes it even more difficult to understand how/why it happened. Word was spread around here (eastern NC) on Monday that her sister was going to be charged, but the week is ending and that hasn't happened. That is a horrible rumor if not true but how could the truth..no matter what it turns out to be..be anything but horrible?

Just the Fax, in your post 118, you mentioned "2- Nothing stolen and purse in plain view" and I wondered if you had a source for that information. TIA

I'm watching videos now and noted that 2710 Cartier does not have a door that opens onto Cartier, but the backdoor leads into the wooded area and the path.

Description of 2710 Cartier

The house that was broken into on Wayland backs up to Cartier.

Break-in on Wayland

Source is second hand....from someone close to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487