NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, does this add up?

The sister was seen at Glenwood Grill (in center near house)in the evening hours.
She told others she locked her keys in the car and walked back to the house.

"Taft's sister, who also was staying in the home, went to wake her for breakfast Saturday and found that she had been attacked. A dispatcher with Raleigh's emergency communications center said emergency medical workers were dispatched to 2710 Cartier Drive at 11:38 a.m. Saturday."

Kathy had 'day surgery', a minor facial procedure on Friday.
Would you not be alarmed if your 62 year old sister was not up by 11:30AM on Saturday?
This whole timeline makes no sense. :waitasec:

She was at Glenwood Grill on Friday night? Wonder why, especially since she was taking care of KT. Perhaps she hopped over there for togo dinners for the two them? It's not far from the house at all and could easily be walked.

But, I thought I read somewhere that there were cars in the driveway...Could have been LE cars, I suppose, and KT's car...

Ok, does this add up?

The sister was seen at Glenwood Grill (in center near house)in the evening hours.

"Taft's sister, who also was staying in the home, went to wake her for breakfast Saturday and found that she had been attacked. A dispatcher with Raleigh's emergency communications center said emergency medical workers were dispatched to 2710 Cartier Drive at 11:38 a.m. Saturday."

Would you not be alarmed if your 62 year old sister was not up by 11:30AM on Saturday?

BBM. Do you have a link to this?

Police also looked for evidence in Glenwood Village, a shopping plaza behind the house. A Harris Teeter grocery store, coffee shop, Glenwood Grill restaurant, upscale condo community and other retail stores are in the shopping center.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7181646/

If her sister was at the Glenwood Grill the night before, I wonder if someone could have followed her to the house.

Ok, does this add up?

Maybe the sister went home with someone else and came back to the Cartier house at 11:30 a.m.?

Actually, it is a stones throw away.

Closer than 6 minutes? That's what Google says but I accounted for her not wearing great walking shoes and it being dark ... so I rounded to 10.

For her to not have heard an attack ... I thought she may not have been there until the morning. Although maybe (hopefully) Kathy Taft was unconscious during the attack and did not cry out.

Is Google off on the location? Could you point out where it is on this map? TIA

Marker A is the Glenwood Grill at 2603 Glenwood Avenue and Marker B is the house at 2710 Cartier.

CartierDriveandGlenwoodGrill.jpg

Is Google off on the location? Could you point out where it is on this map? TIA

Marker A is the Glenwood Grill at 2603 Glenwood Avenue and Marker B is the house at 2710 Cartier.

CartierDriveandGlenwoodGrill.jpg

I bet there is a path that cuts through to the shopping center. Don't know if I'd use it at night though, unless it is very short.

Yes, there is a path that cuts right to the back of Glenwood Grill.
It is apparently used often by the neighbors to walk over to the center.

Maybe the confusion on whether she has died or not, was actually the miscommunication of police. Maybe they wanted it to appear that she was NOT dead, so that maybe they could lure the predator out to turning themselves in?

Laces, how do we know the sister did not act that way on the 911 call?
It seems very obvious the sister is a 'person of interest' & the cops must eliminate her before they can consider this to be a random crime.
It was previously reported by news agencies that the sister suggested on the 911 call that Ms. Taft was having "complications from minor surgery the day before."

It is not clear to me that the sister committed a crime, only that she may know something that we don't.

The bandages were bloody, I think that is why D. thought she was having complications to the surgery from Friday -- because she started to bleed again.

It was only when her surgeon examined her at the hospital that he realized she had been assaulted.

I'm working on a list of information and will post it here soon, but I only get 24 hours to edit that post, so in the meantime, if you don't mind leaving Websleuths, you can see it here.

I may have to edit more as far as changing to initials when I bring it here.

It was previously reported by news agencies that the sister suggested on the 911 call that Ms. Taft was having "complications from minor surgery the day before."

It is not clear to me that the sister committed a crime, only that she may know something that we don't.

Yes, but we don't know what else he said or her demeanor...hysterical or calm?
I agree, it is not at all clear the sister was involved.
However, I think she is a person of interest and who they refer to when the cops say they don't know if she was murdered by someone she knew or if it was random.

Random
1- Evidence of attempted break-in near the home on the same weekend
2- House is the first one seen from a dark path behind a shopping center.

Sister

1- No evidence of forced entry
2- Nothing stolen and purse in plain view
3- She was attacked in her bed, but apparently not raped.
4- Why did the sister not check on her before 11:30 am?
5- 911 call sealed and cops won't even say she made it...very odd.

(1-3 comes from local sources that know the family)

The bandages were bloody, I think that is why D. thought she was having complications to the surgery from Friday -- because she started to bleed again.

It was only when her surgeon examined her at the hospital that he realized she had been assaulted.

I'm working on a list of information and will post it here soon, but I only get 24 hours to edit that post, so in the meantime, if you don't mind leaving Websleuths, you can see it here.

I may have to edit more as far as changing to initials when I bring it here.

Great summary, NoWay -- thanks!!

Were the doors locked?

They seem to have a false sense of security (walking the dark bath) ... so there may not have been a need for there to have been a "break" in.

ETA
If her sister locked her keys in the car, how was she going to get back into the house? Did she expect Kathy to come to the door? Was there a hidden key somewhere?

I wonder whether her sister was familiar with the path that went to the restaurant. After all, this was not her house, and although Kathy stayed there when she came to town, I wonder whether her sister had ever done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487