NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice on the SW list of items collected that there was no mention of underwear. They collected pj pants and blue jeans but no underwear. Either she does not wear them to bed or they were put back on her and she had them on when she was taken to the hospital. IMO - most sexual assaults are violent and they usually don't take the time to redress there victims and cover them back up with the comforter. If I had walked into a room and found a half naked person with bedding all over the place my first thoughts would have been rape not complications from a surgical procedure.
Did the EMT's find it odd she did not have on her pj bottoms or underwear.

Did anyone else notice on the SW list of items collected that there was no mention of underwear. They collected pj pants and blue jeans but no underwear. Either she does not wear them to bed or they were put back on her and she had them on when she was taken to the hospital. IMO - most sexual assaults are violent and they usually don't take the time to redress there victims and cover them back up with the comforter. If I had walked into a room and found a half naked person with bedding all over the place my first thoughts would have been rape not complications from a surgical procedure.

Good points. Also, the search warrant says they seized cash, jewelry, computers, etc. What burglar would leave behind so many of the valuables? Even rapists who break in and attack women take the valuables, don't they?

I can't locate the 911 tapes on-line.

Well, several things I had heard were in fact true.
D's car was left at HT because she locked the keys inside. Later that night, only KT's lexus would be there...maybe seen by a local and thought she was alone?
Sounds like she was at least partially disrobed?....I heard she was found nude.

How about this for the 2 911 calls... "The two 911 calls were place between 6 a.m. and noon on March 6.":waitasec:

What does "eye bolt latch" mean? TIA.

Thanks for the link to the SWs. I was glad to see that the first 911 call about KT came at 6 a.m., which would be consistent with her sister checking on her first thing in the morning. I wonder how on earth the rumor grew that DH didn't report her condition until at least 10:30 a.m. What a damaging rumor re: DH. MO.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what they mean by it, but to me, I have one on my screen door that is used to secure the door from the inside.

6171573.jpg

Well, several things I had heard were in fact true.
D's car was left at HT because she locked the keys inside. Later that night, only KT's lexus would be there...maybe seen by a local and thought she was alone?
Sounds like she was at least partially disrobed?....I heard she was found nude.

How about this for the 2 911 calls... "The two 911 calls were place between 6 a.m. and noon on March 6.":waitasec:

This doesn't give what exact time the calls were made, but rather a time span of when they were made. At least that's how I'm taking it.

This doesn't give what exact time the calls were made, but rather a time span of when they were made. At least that's how I'm taking it.

Yes, but why state 6am in the first place?

Between 11 am and 12 noon would make better sense.......

"A dispatcher with Raleigh's emergency communications center said emergency medical workers were dispatched to 2710 Cartier Drive at 11:38 a.m. Saturday."

Look at pg 5 of the docs. The Durango search warrant - it says it was issued on March 6 @ 10:42 am

ETA
I read it wrong.......it's 10:42 pm

sorry!

This is interesting...items taken from the home by the cops.
Possible murder weapon(s)?
The baggie corners being illegal drug related?

Golf clubs, two shotgun barrels and a hand written note were collected along with "plastic bag corners."
Crime experts tell ABC11 that drugs are sometimes packaged in the corners of plastic baggies that are then cut out and sealed with heat.

So many things in the case still don't add up to me. In fact, with the release of the SW's, it makes things even more confusing to me. Now that it is confirmed that KT was sexually assaulted before her murder, and unknown male DNA was found on her body, we can presume a male intruder assaulted her. But the pieces that still don't add up are the fact that her sister was in the house and did not hear anything. IMO, KT would not have been so drugged up from her surgery that she wouldn't have made any noise at all if she was being sexually assaulted or hit by a stranger, even if taken by surprise in the middle of the night. I doubt any such violent assault would be quiet. And that house is very small. How could nothing be heard, unless D was not in the house at all that night. But then, where was she? She lived in Oriental and was there to stay with her sister. It could have been a crime of sudden opprotunity, but maybe it was a crime that was somehow set up? Just thinking out loud. Something still doesn't feel right to me.

Susubaby, D did hear a noise in the night and came down to investigate.
She put her ear against the BR door and hear what she thought was 'snoring' and went back to bed. The source of this info is the same as the car left at HT and that she was sexually assaulted, so I put a lot of value in the statement.

One more thing...the SW said that KT suffered a laceration to the BACK of her head. As someone had brought up on this post a week or two ago...she had to sleep sitting up as per instructions from her surgery. So, in order for her to receive a blow to the back of her head, she would have had to have either been a) struggling to get away or fighting for her life b) been hit from behind while sitting or walking away and sexually attacked afterwards even though the SW states she was sexually assaulted before hit c) manhandled so roughly by her attacker that she ended up on her stomach and then attacked with a blow to her head. Otherwise, a blow to her head would have ended up on the left or right side of her head had she been attacked while sleeping since she had to sleep propped up on pillows bc of her neck lift surgery. How could someone not hear that if they were in the house that night?

Well, I'm not sure exactly what they mean by it, but to me, I have one on my screen door that is used to secure the door from the inside.

6171573.jpg

Thanks for the illustration/explanation, crocus; I also have a latch like that on my screen door.

I'm thinking that in this case, LE wants to determine whether there was forced entry through that door made by someone who dismantled or otherwise damaged the latch. Just a thought, of course, and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member