Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:
But would you leave your locked car that was running and go home, toss back a few and go to sleep?

Can't say i would! My reaction was to stay with the car, call a friend, and also call a locksmith, all the while trying to get into the running vehicle! Incidentally, my son was actually able to get in the old fashioned coat hanger way....just as the locksmith pulled up! This is a 2002 chevy......Truly, an impaired person would leave the car running there and take off. And since the Harris Teeter closes at 11pm, and the Glenwood Grille closes at 10 PM, I just wonder what happened to D between 11p and 3 am? Is that when she got home, actually? How did she get home? Did someone else drive her? Did she have the address written on a piece of note paper? So many questions....:waitasec:

This Greenville news station report is very interesting. From the online article:

“Yeah, we certainly had a lot of questions and some of them were answered and some of them were not, and some of them are still not clear,“ said Fuqua. “Some of the timelines were a little confusing for us. I’m still not entirely sure the call was made at 9:30 and the police weren’t called until 11:30. It just seems like a long time between events.“

“What I hate worst is just the thought of her lying there like that, for hours,“ said Fuqua.

Fuqua says the family knew what they were going to hear, but they were curious about her aunt’s state of mind when she found Taft.

“There were some details that were, troubling to hear. As far as how my aunt was describing how she found her,“ said Fuqua.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...kathy_taft_speaks_out_about_911_tapes/129413/

As has been said before, WHY did she have this sister as her caretaker?!?!?!

If Sissy was such a 'black sheep' then why was she the designated caretaker? Was it because no-one else stepped up or could take the time off?

My spouse had the same question. If I was having cosmetic surgery, i would tell no one, and have my daughter stay with me. While it's true, there is no 'shame' in having work done these days, you just want to look rested, and its one of those private matters. to me, anyway.

This Greenville news station report is very interesting. From the online article:

“Yeah, we certainly had a lot of questions and some of them were answered and some of them were not, and some of them are still not clear,“ said Fuqua. “Some of the timelines were a little confusing for us. I’m still not entirely sure the call was made at 9:30 and the police weren’t called until 11:30. It just seems like a long time between events.“

“What I hate worst is just the thought of her lying there like that, for hours,“ said Fuqua.

Fuqua says the family knew what they were going to hear, but they were curious about her aunt’s state of mind when she found Taft.

“There were some details that were, troubling to hear. As far as how my aunt was describing how she found her,“ said Fuqua.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...kathy_taft_speaks_out_about_911_tapes/129413/

As has been said before, WHY did she have this sister as her caretaker?!?!?!

BBM

Well, that's weird. Wouldn't this 1st call have been "officially" logged as to the time it was made? Why would they doubt the time? Were her children aware that she was having surgery on that Friday and that the sister was going to stay with her post op?

could trap tracings on SW have to do with a trap on a drain or sink?

IF sister likes pain meds...could she have offered to stay witj KT because of this? I only ask I know that people who like pain meds...really like pain meds. (I have to take pain meds daily for chronic issues and know a bit about pain meds...) Anyway just a guess. And I don't know how confirmed sister was as to having a drinking problem? If she DOES, she probably hid it best she could and does not want to admit it could have resulted in her sister's death.
I still think that somehow in the bar/ car keys stuff, she met a man and he brought her back to the house or came with her and thinks went south from there...

could trap tracings on SW have to do with a trap on a drain or sink?

"trace tappings"
I agree, it sounds like they have trace evidence from somewhere in the house.
"tapping" means to draw off or withdraw fluid.

Since this was inventory of what was removed from the home, it would not have anything to do with a 'phone tap'.

Does anyone remember a poster on thread #1 that said KT had been sexually assaulted with something like scissors, or had been cut in the vaginal area in some way? Do you remember? Now I am wondering if that person had some valuable info.

I think the post was deleted by admins. as being a really bad rumor (my words). I searched for it and couldn't find it.

I really can't remember the details of the post, but I can't help but think about it.

Anyone else recall seeing a post discussing the sexual assault being caused by scissors or perhaps a knife?
The sealed reports stated she "suffered trauma to the vaginal area"
If true, the use of a projectile could easily be used in a staged sexual assault. Just say'n.

I guess it depends on where you found your research susababy.
Several I see, including wikipedia, says 'sexual assaults include the crime of rape'.
"Depending on jurisdiction, sexual assault may include rape, forced vaginal, anal or oral penetration, forced sexual intercourse, inappropriate touching, forced kissing, Child sexual abuse, or the torture of the victim in a sexual manner"

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault[/ame]

Maybe we should get Bill Clinton to weigh in on the definition of 'sexual assault'.
He sure knew the difference between 'sexual relations' and oral sex.

edit..
Ooops, I see you deleted your post on sexual assault susababy?

Another thing to keep in mind about the wording 'sexual assault'.
This was used in the first days of the investigation before any DNA results were available from a rape kit. The fact that the cops asked for neighborhood men DNA 2 weeks later may say they found unknown DNA in her vagina? Then again, the unknown male DNA could have come from a beer bottle they removed from the scene w/ the SW. We just don't know at this point.

See the definition I found above - tap and trace is allowed to be done now w/ less red tape b/c of The Patriot Act - it means they were able to check who had called the house or look on a computer and see the web history.

See the definition I found above - tap and trace is allowed to be done now w/ less red tape b/c of The Patriot Act - it means they were able to check who had called the house or look on a computer and see the web history.

Correct Amarillo, no SW is required to 'tap a phone'. However, a 'court order or simple subpoena is. As far as "looking on a computer for web history", that requires a SW. Notice the SW included 2 computers taken from the home.
If and when they check the hard drives, they will need another SW in order to review the actual data.

Correct Amarillo, no SW is required to 'tap a phone'. However, a 'court order or simple subpoena is. As far as "looking on a computer for web history", that requires a SW. Notice the SW included 2 computers taken from the home.
If and when they check the hard drives, they will need another SW in order to review the actual data.

Is that to find out the timeline of events? Why the confusion of when the 1st 911 call was made? What did you make of PF's interview on WNCT?

edit..
Ooops, I see you deleted your post on sexual assault susababy?

JTF- After reading some other sites, I did delete my post on sexual assault. Too ambiguous and like you stated in your above post, different jurisdictions have different meanings for what that term means. It seems the legal and medical definition varies a bit as well. Just didn't want to get into a heap of confusion with folks and speculate even further on things we really don't have any knowledge of yet (like everything else in the case, I guess). I was opening a whole new can of worms with the post I deleted....HA

Is that to find out the timeline of events? Why the confusion of when the 1st 911 call was made? What did you make of PF's interview on WNCT?

ruben, I think the family probably had the same info we had....from media reports, the 1st 911 call was 11:42am. When that was officially clarified to say 9:31 yesterday, i'm sure it caught her by surprise, like it did us.

As for the computers, it could show a time-line (when someone was up) or it could show a google search for how to murder someone or stage a sexual assault. The e-mail cache could shed light on JG and his relationship w/ KT.

There are so many good ideas here. My mind is just spinning with possibilities.

I listened to part of D's 911 tape again. She definitely is trying to describe that her sister had the neck procedure and ______________, (it's something else.) She starts to give some other kind of procedure. What was it that she hesitated in saying? Was it facial rejuvenation? Eyelids? There is also rejuvenation of other places on the body too. I would like to know that.

As far as why someone stays with you after surgery goes, I had several people stay with me. The reason is that I had last minute cancellations. Some people stepped in last minute. Some of my family didn't even know I was having it done. Not because I was embarrassed, I just didn't want them to worry. I told them as soon as it was over and I was feeling better. I think you may chose someone to stay with you who has a life that it disrupts the least. A single person with no job, no kids, and no husband, would seem an easy choice, even if they aren't the most reliable. (I don't know if D is like that) Also, people who abuse substances can be quite different when sober. They can be very kind, thoughful and caring, but with their substances turn into a real character that you wouldn't recognize. Sometimes people clean up their act for awhile and you think they are in recovery, but a relapse is only one drink away.

It would be easy enough to check the med bottles to determine if the propert amount was taken by KT or if there is any missing.

People have asked about the doctor instructions. I had a presurgery visit where they provide you with witten instructions of care and explain what to expect. They give detailed instructions for after-care and explain why it is so important. They give you the pre-surgery pills that help you heal faster, etc. Upthread someone did a great job of listing all the things a caretaker would be doing for the patient. It's a big deal and very involved. I don't know if we see that done in this case.

RE: the running Durango. The receipts and/or the video in HT should confirm D;s time in that store. I would think that they would have assisted D in calling police to help her with her locked keys. I have been told by police some years ago that they will assist you in opening your car ONLY if the motor is running. If you had been drinking, you wouldn't want to call the police to help you. I wish I knew which parking spot she was in. Was she parked near the store in front or over near the shady trees. Just curious. (Not sure if that policy is still in place.)

I do wonder if the trash cans at the GV were confisicated. How would we know?

I'm sure that if D and a customer of GG were seen talking, LE would know. If an unknown man had been in there with D that night, the entire group of customers and staff would have been interviewed for a composite sketch. Right?

I really wonder how the plastic bag corners got into the house. Were they already there, brought in by a known person or another party that evening?

Does anyone know if D was asked to take a polygraph and if it would be appropiate to ask her?

Where was KT's cell phone? I didn't see it listed on the SW.

Does anyone remember a poster on thread #1 that said KT had been sexually assaulted with something like scissors, or had been cut in the vaginal area in some way? Do you remember? Now I am wondering if that person had some valuable info.

I think the post was deleted by admins. as being a really bad rumor (my words). I searched for it and couldn't find it.

I really can't remember the details of the post, but I can't help but think about it.

ETA: I also remember the poster said the killer went into the kitchen and ate something. On thread #1, I can see where we discussed how weird eating after such an attack would be and we discussed that blood in that area would be noticable unless KT was completely covered.

Prancy -

Glad you mentioned the rejuvenation in other places. I had been thinking about that. If that area had been operated on and she saw blood in that area then perhaps that is why she was not so alarmed. Although, I will be the first to admit, I know nothing about that type of surgery it could be more internal than external. Also, if KT had some type of surgery on her eyes that could also explain why DH was not alarmed at the black and blue eyes. Although I have only seen it officially mentioned that she had surgery on her neck.

I am interested to know what your thoughts are in all of this Ruben. You have been awfully quiet since all of the new info has been released.

if it were me, and i saw any blood of any consequence on my sister, i would have been totally freaked out-anything beyond some drying blood on the bandages, for instance and this was obviously much worse...
talking about sisters with issues (not meaning D, just in general) my little sister, who died from organ failure due to alcohol abuse and anorexia, was a charming beautiful girl when she was not drunk (won't say sober, as I think she always had some alcohol in her) and would have volunteered instantly to be with me in this kind of situation. That said, it would have taken very little to "distract" her, i.e. if no liquor in the house, she would have slipped out to get some and certainly would have possibly locked keys in car-she might have asked a man for help, even a stranger and i could see things spiraling from there. she (D) could have been followed back to the house and went down for a nap after a couple of drinks and the man could have come into the house then...
but none of this explains the brutality of this crime...

Countdown to the autopsy report.

Both Michelle Young and Nancy Coopers were released after 2 1/2 months.
Hopefully the NCME will release KT's report sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop