NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agrree it sounds like she's wanting someone she knows to confess.

"Please don't do it to anyone else...you've caused enough pain and suffering for my family and all the people that loves and cared about my mom....I would like for that person to turn themselves in"

I don't think she has a clue who killed her mom.
She is certainly not talking about D.

I think the family knows D screwed up (went back out...was drunk) and because of that, indirectly blames her from K's demise.

"Please don't do it to anyone else...you've caused enough pain and suffering for my family and all the people that loves and cared about my mom....I would like for that person to turn themselves in"

I don't think she has a clue who killed her mom.
She is certainly not talking about D.

Are we not all able to talk out all possibilities? The post that I've read are writing with open minds.

don't think anyone is accusing dh, just talking out the scenarios.
a very complicated and convoluted case.

Well of course ruben.
So you still think D killed her sister?

I don't know if she did or didn't. Directly or Indirectly. I'm keeping an open mind and looking at what has been given to us so far.
Something should make a lil sense, but nothing does...car left running, locked keys in car, going to bed at 3am, "complications from surgery", "family" telling medical K may have been raped, "family" may have seen someone, door locked at house, Durango parked out front(when it's really at HT)
I don't know who the perp is.
Maybe D is just the most unluckiest person on earth.

Been thinking about a possible scenerio of what might have happened that night all day.
Maybe this:
After KT goes to bed around 9pm, D goes down to GG for a few drinks and leaves her car in the HT lot. (doesn't explain why it is running at 6am). Meets either a stranger or someone she casually has met before and has some drinks with him. After a few drinks, invites him back up to the house. He comes home with her, and slips her some sort of date rape drug, not knowing that someone else, KT, is in the home. He starts to rape D on the sofa. KT hears something and comes out of the bedroom which is on the first floor by the sofa. She confronts the person and says she will call police. D is knocked out from the drugs. He seizes this chance to assault KT instead and knows he has to seriously wound or kill her bc she can id him in not one, but two assaults if she stays alive. This could possibly explain- 1) why KT was hit in the back of the head, and not on one of the sides 2)D's late awakening -even 9:30 is late, and subsequent lack of hearing anything or remembering anything about her cars whereabouts or why her sis is in the state she is in 3) why there was no sign of break in but the door was locked when EMS arrived -D could have woken up in the night and locked the door not remembering that someone was in the house with them at one point 4)why a "family member" told someone at the hospital that her sister may have been raped and may have seen someone but wasn't sure. If D is married, and possibly had gotten herself into an undesirable situation, this may have been reason for her not to come out with the whole story. Then, once she found herself in a situation where she was lying or not telling the whole truth to police, she found it harder to tell the truth, maybe fearing backlash from her husband, family, friends, etc. Or maybe even she felt threatened and scared for her own life knowing what this person had already done to her sister, and feared the same for herself if she came forward. Any thoughts on this?

I am leaning toward her sister bringing someone to the house at some point...and maybe she thought he left or he did leave, and came back when she was asleep/passed out? I don't think this was entirely random in that someone came in out of the blue off the street...either she met this person, perhaps, when trying to deal with the car thing, or at the bar or someplace...I don't think it is someone she knew before this night and if she is the one who told medical staff that KT may have been raped, it could be she feared that, maybe she was even attacked herself earlier? I wonder if that is possible or if she thinks she might have been but can't really recall? I know I am rambling, it is the pain meds...:)

I was writing when you were...i was kind of meaning that thing you said Susu...

I think that Sissy definitely brought someone over to the house...that maybe things went sour-she passed out or just told the guy to 'F' Off'....suspect went downstairs in a rage and went off on sick sister in revenge. It seems to be all alcohol/drug induced behavior. Sissy was in a stupor and/or a blackout and went downstairs after suspect left cause she thought she heard something...but was too out of it to make sure. Then in the morning.....poor thing.....discovered her sister in dire need of help and was absolutely horrified at what she found.

This is just rumor & thinking out loud. The tension between K & D was D's drinking problem. Maybe a few DUI's. Perhaps K & connections had helped D out of a # of drinking mishaps.
1. Maybe D was drunk & can't remember all that happened.
2. Maybe K was calling for D & couldn't find her.
3. K & D got into fuss cuz D went out instead of staying with her. Maybe K was upset cuz D was drunk. Maybe K said "this is it" I'm done with trying to help you.
D could just be guilty of bad judgement & nothing more. But perhaps D does hold the missing pieces. She may not remember cuz she passed out but that doesn't mean she doesn't hold the missing pieces.

Yes- the more I think about it...the more I think that D indirectly had something to do with all this, but did not directly plan for this or do this. I think that she probably met someone and invited him back to the house. That is the only explaination that makes sense to me about why a 'family' member would have told medical that KT might have been raped and that they might have seen someone but they weren't sure. The only person who would know that would be D. If she had only said KT might have been raped, that would be one thing, bc maybe she could have seen that from looking at the state of her body or something like that....but the maybe seeing someone but not being sure makes me think that she is possibly remembering something that happened the night before with some man, but isn't sure about it bc of drugs, drinking etc. And all the other inconsistancies make more sense if she was really, really drunk and on drugs or had been drugged in some way. After listening to PF's statement on the news, it makes me feel like she is talking to someone she might know in saying please just come forward and do the right thing now. Not just some random stranger on the street. I feel like if it was a random she was speaking to, she might have said something like "we know you are out there and we will find you and bring you to justice". JMO

After hearing the 1st 911 call, I feel totally justified in feelings I had since the very beginning. First, I doubt someone would watch a movie the evening after having that surgery. Just because it was reported, does not prove to me that the video was viewed. I have been on both sides of similar outpatient surgery, as patient & post surgery "nurse". All you want are pills & sleep for a couple days. "Nurse" rouses the patient to check for fever, offer a little soup or tea, swallow meds, & assist going to PP. In between meal/med-times, the caregiver should be checking bandaging for leaks or swelling, applying icepacks, & overall monitoring the person at all times. Nurse remains nearby, in case the patient needs something...... The idea of listening in at the door, hearing snoring & not going in is absurd! So is leaving the house for food, beer & whatever else. Shouldn't food, snacks, meds etc have been purchased previously? Ok, the Teeter is very closeby if Ben&Jerry's or some craving called, I'll allow one 15 minute trip. But, one does not stop by the bar&grille for cocktails & chat or not look in on the patient until mid-morning. I would hate to think my caretaker was snuckered or out looking for a party when responsible for my well-being...... I do not remember seeing it mentioned here, but darvocet, percodan or whatever pain meds were there may have been too much temptation for someone wanting a buzz. A pill & a couple drinks would speed that along, right? And then, someone may sleep soundly & even oversleep & awaken in a fog, huh? Perhaps, a person under the influence of drugs &/or alcohol may mention the patient alone at the house right down that path.

Most curious to me now, is hearing a relative may know who was there, have seen someone leaving or however it was phrased. Was that statement retracted to protect someone who may have been intoxicated or entertaining instead of caretaking?..... MOO. Many questions yet to be answered. I am horrified to think LE failed to warn the public about a possible rapist/killer..... still thinking they had a pretty good idea about the "connection".

If Sissy was such a 'black sheep' then why was she the designated caretaker? Was it because no-one else stepped up or could take the time off?

If Sissy was such a 'black sheep' then why was she the designated caretaker? Was it because no-one else stepped up or could take the time off?

Perhaps KT did not want any of her stylish friends to know she had another little nip & tuck. Not many women advertize that.

I've been looking at the search warrant for the house again going through all the items that police took. Things that I found interesting:
- lamp power switch assembly - Huh? Why that versus the whole lamp? Wonder if there was a broken lamp?
- eye bolt latch - Would police have removed that from a door? Forced entry and it had fallen off?
- trace tappings - This is what I have found here: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_and_trace_device[/ame] / Title 18 of the United States Code defines a trap and trace device as follows:
The term “trap and trace device” means a device or process which captures the incoming electronic or other impulses which identify the originating number or other dialing, routing, addressing, and signaling information reasonably likely to identify the source of a wire or electronic communication, provided, however, that such information shall not include the contents of any communication [1]
- two shotgun barrels - Weird.
- plastic bag corners - Found this definition on the internet in regards to drugs: Teardrops, Dosage units of crack packaged in the cut-off corners of plastic bags.
- Dell CPU - Would have to have belonged to the home owner b/c neither woman would be toting along a CPU I wouldn't think. Probably trying to rule in or out the homeowner.

I go by the saying, "If it looks strange, it is strange." That certainly seems to pertain to this case. I think when it all comes out the truth might be stranger than fiction.

Now that raises a whole bunch of red flags for me.

There is NO WAY she would have left her car running from late afternoon on Friday until whatever time she was able to get it on Saturday ... did she call a locksmith? When?

Can anyone think of a logical explanation for the engine running? My first thought was that she was nearby getting rid of items related to the crime ... wonder if the vehicle was still running when LE got there ...

Well, all i can say is.....as i said way back, i have done this...with a full tank of gas. however, the neighborhood must be relatively safe, because no one broke a window to drive it off!:innocent:

Well, all i can say is.....as i said way back, i have done this...with a full tank of gas. however, the neighborhood must be relatively safe, because no one broke a window to drive it off!:innocent:

But would you leave your locked car that was running and go home, toss back a few and go to sleep?

If the sister was indeed involved it doesn't seem like she has her act together enough for this to be completely premeditated.

Back to the first 911 call and the sister having to turn KT on her back...maybe she couldn't see the front of KT to start with until the 911 operator told her to put her on her back, then in the call the sister is just following along doing what the operator is telling her to do. Perhaps after letting in paramedics and going back to KT and seeing her clearly on her back the sister noticed something that made her question the possibility of rape.

Has anyone figured out what the sister is saying at the very beginning of the 911 call?

Another question - when someone has plastic surgery, does the surgeon or his staff sit down and discuss patient care with the caretaker, give a list of instructions, etc? I am assuming so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member